So, Disney shut down LucasArts, your thoughts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Excalibur2776
Disney just shut down LucasArts . . . your thoughts?

Q99
They're well passed their prime, but it's still kinda sad. Hopefully the licenses go into good hands, and the employees land on their feet.

NTJack0
It makes me very sad that they're being shut down, but they've fallen hard the past few years, unless someone else steps in to make quality SW games, we have fond memories.

Gambler
I guess Lucas messed the establishment so far it was FUBAR.

GenomeFrozener
Not caring.

KingD19
They could have at least let 1313 and First Assault come out. Let them go out on a high note.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KingD19
They could have at least let 1313 and First Assault come out. Let them go out on a high note.

There's no way they'd be that kind. They're not even giving a popular franchise like TCW a final season to finish it properly. So of course they will scrap any games in the production stage.

KingD19
Oh I know. It's a total dick move on Disney's part. I just kinda wish human decency was around in big businesses like Disney which are supposed to be better than that assholish type of behavior.

They basically pulled an EA. Scrap the company, keep the IP address.

REXXXX
I haven't truly enjoyed a LucasArts game in a long, long time, but it's still another one of those childhood chapters that is now closed.

Lord Lucien
I guess I can finally give up all hope of seeing Battlefront or KotOR III.

I could cry.

Vensai
I find Disney's lack of faith in LucasArts... disturbing.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I guess I can finally give up all hope of seeing Battlefront or KotOR III.

I could cry.

Pwned
Yeah, I had faith for a KotoR 3..... Now I am a sad panda.

Granted I also was looking forward to a Battle for Middle Earth 3, yet here I am, years later -.-

Gambler
Kotor III should have happened years ago, just like Battlefront 3. I believe it was due to Lucas' attitude towards the fans and the staff, that the aforementioned games weren't made. Terrible management.

Darth Truculent
I heard that Disney killed all the new SW projects.

Salthasha
Nope Lucas Arts is still active folks.

Salthasha
all that's different is the name. Disney Interactive Studios.

Salthasha
corp buysuts do it all them time remember nextel well they are sprint, remember mci well they are verizon, cingular is at&t. renaming happens as does evaluating the business model. I guarantee you this if kotr 3 would gen profits Disney Interactive Studios would launch it tomorrow.

Lord Lucien
It would, but Disney has stated they're focusing on developing the films now, not games. The CGI Clone Wars TV show was also axed.

Q99
The only things that seem safe from axing are Dark Horse's comics.

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
The only things that seem safe from axing are Dark Horse's comics.
Don't jinx them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.