Batman: Arkham Origins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
The next Arkham game as most know by now, isn't being done by Rock Steady, though still looks promising so far. The inclusion of Deathstroke's a plus. And as the name implies, it's a prequel.

http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-origins-is-coming-this-fall-471657142

6d0geMX4nWA

Wei Phoenix
I wager this'll be the worst of the series. May be wrong though.

Ridley_Prime
Well there seems to be a lot of prequels for game series nowadays for the sake of it, so you could be onto somethin.

BlackZero30x
Its suppose to be a younger more unrefined batman. The say its not actually tied to the Arkham games. Its not really a set up to them because it happens way before them. That makes me feel a bit better but im still uneasy about it. I would much rather have had some closure with Hush and I wish Rocksteady still had it. After Asylum and City they have my complete faith. Anyways I know myself and im going to get it I already know it. I hate knowingly being one of those people that buy a game attached to a series even though I don't think its going to turn out well. I just always hold a little bit of faith that claws at me to actually try it out.

http://www.batmanarkhamorigins.com/

NemeBro
Yeah, the whole "not developed by Rocksteady" set up a warning flag, but "It's a prequel" was basically the equivalent of a huge WARNING sign with glowing letters and playing bad music going off in my head.

Kazenji
Here's some pages from Gameinformer also shows Black Mask

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=77292

General G
Just from the video and some released pictures, the feel and atmosphere look very appealing, and similar to the first two games. I'm fine with a prequel, though I'd have loved some more closure like others have stated from Arkham City, but I'd prefer the new company test out the waters on a prequel and then go forward with more experience in making the series.

I've got good hopes for it. Not sure why it's being hated on already.

-Pr-
It's too early for me to feel one way or another about it. So I'm just going to wait and see.

-Pr-
more details: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/assassinating-batman-in-arkham-origins

JakeTheBank
Sounds promising. Initially, I was skeptical due to Rocksteady not being in charge, but if they are indeed offering significant input and advice to WB Montreal, this could be good.

Any guesses as to the assassins will be (save Deathstroke)? I have a feeling we won't see Deadshot again, if only because, at least to me, Arkham City implied it was their first or one of their first meetings. We could probably see Shiva, though, possibly David Cain, too.

I will say that I hope this game doesn't get too heavy into Joker, and just because Mark Hamill won't be voicing him.

Bardock42
I'd say Shiva and Cain are likely.

Maybe an Azrael?

Nephthys
Batman didn't seem to recognize Azreal in City, so I doubt it.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I will say that I hope this game doesn't get too heavy into Joker, and just because Mark Hamill won't be voicing him.

I feel the same but because the previous two were so focused on him. I know he's his arch-nemesis, but Batman has other enemies they can give the focus to. erm

Looks like they're not going Joker-heavy though so cool I guess.

JakeTheBank
Ugh, typo on my part. I meant to say "not just because Mark Hamill won't be voicing him."

I totally agree with you. I like Joker as a villain, but he should have a very low role, if he even appears at all in this game. And considering this is a prequel game that's based off of traditional Batman canon, but not bound completely by it, I think you could possibly have one of the major plot points toward the end be that fateful encounter in Axis Chemicals with the Red Hood, resulting in the birth of Joker.

-Pr-
I'd be fine with that.

I hope some of the assassins sent are sent by Ra's. Love fighting ninjas.

KingD19
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd say Shiva and Cain are likely.

Maybe an Azrael?

Azrael already showed up in Arkham City.

KCJ506
Originally posted by General G

I've got good hopes for it. Not sure why it's being hated on already.

That's how people are. They're so quick to assume the worst. I've seen people calling it a cash-in even though A) It's not a yearly release. B) It's been rumored ever since Arkham City came out. C) Just because RS isn't involved doesn't mean it won't be any good.

I even came across one person saying they won't buy unless Kevin Conroy voices Batman. When people say things like this, it makes me scratch my head. I love Conroy as Batman as much as the next person and would love for him to return, but he can't voice Batman forever. The series will continue with or without him.

People will be people I suppose.

Kazenji
The lastest Gameinformer has more info on this game

mentions its going to be using a tower idea which Far Cry 3 used, Dismantle the towers in Gotham which emit a jamming signal that prevent's the Batwing from flying into a area. Basically no fast travel and halts Batman's sensors from placing points of interest on the map.

Ridley_Prime
Wonder what role the Batmobile might have then, and placing points of interests on the map was one thing I loved doing in Arkham City, so sucks to hear that.

Kazenji
Its not really a bad thing

it worked with Far Cry 3....Just need get to those towers and Dismantle them in this case

anyone seen that other Batman game coming to the 3DS 'Arkham Origins'....i read its another game done like Metrovania style.

Supra
If they dont screw it up for all of us. Then it will be cool

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji

it worked with Far Cry 3....Just need get to those towers and Dismantle them in this case

anyone seen that other Batman game coming to the 3DS 'Arkham Origins'....i read its another game done like Metrovania style.
Oh, that's not too bad then I guess.

And yeah, heard about that portable 3DS version of Arkham Origins or whatever it is. Sounds like it may have enough gameplay differences to differentiate itself from the regular console versions.

-Pr-
I want a vertical glide this time sad

Maybe incorporated with some sort of breaching mechanic.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji

Which is awesome, I love Metroid-style games.

Kazenji
Anyone read this game might contain multiplayer ?.......only rumours

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/04/25/batman-arkham-origins-multiplayer/

-Pr-
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=78326

Screenshots.

-Pr-
More screens: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=78497

Ridley_Prime
No Kevin Conroy? Ugh...

That rumored multiplayer could be awesome though if done right.

-Pr-
I'm fine with no Conroy, tbh.

Ridley_Prime
Could go without him again too technically, not that it would feel right when he was still there to voice the bat in the last two Arkham games.

Darth Martin
My dream scenario would have been for Rocksteady to have adapted the Hush storyline with Jim Lee's art direction and all.

Blair Wind
tq9bKYfyM-o

Ridley_Prime
That Deathstroke = **** yeah!

Kazenji
Hooray a trailer for a trailer the new fad these days.

-Pr-
Conroy confirmed for Arkham Origins: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ABARy/news/?a=79854

Nephthys
Whoo-hoo!

Vensai
The trailer looked quite good. Though I wonder who the other assassins will be ... hope Shiva and Cain are included though.

Kazenji

Ridley_Prime
Awesome! But I'll just wait for Deathstroke as DLC like I did the extra Arkham City characters.

-Pr-
Arkham Origins Official Trailer:

9pnK8akbd2M

Impediment
I read that Roger Craig Smith (Chris Redfield from RE5) would be voicing Bats.

Is Conroy voicing Batman for certain segments or for the entire game? Either way, this is very good news.

BloodRain
Gorgeous. A huge sucker for cinematic action smile

Already seeing the 'less refined' Batman they mentioned.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment

Is Conroy voicing Batman for certain segments or for the entire game? Either way, this is very good news.

he said he's been working on it for months now, so i'd be surprised if he only had a bit part.

Unless the game has "flash forward" segments.

Impediment
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe since this is a prequel game, hence the title of "Origins", there will be a present scenario with Conroy as older and more experienced Batman with flashback sequences of younger and less experienced Batman that is the actual gameplay.

-Pr-
I could see that. I wouldn't mind it either.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Impediment

Glad as I am for them to have Conroy again, having Chris's VA to voice bats sure would've been interesting...

Hm, so I wonder how playing as Deathstroke in this game will work. Is he just another guy that you can only play with in the challenge maps?

Oh, and yeah. That was a cinematic masterpiece of a trailer.

Quincy
Rumors going around that Conroy is working on the true Rocksteady sequel and that his comments were a bit of a slip up.

-Pr-
Wait, so Rocksteady are making a different Batman game?

Kazenji
Whatever happen to their TMNT that was rumored to be coming.

-Pr-
Just got an email from DC that I'm subscribed to, and in it they say that the Deathstroke pre-order bonus is challenge maps and skins.

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
Just got an email from DC that I'm subscribed to, and in it they say that the Deathstroke pre-order bonus is challenge maps and skins. Booo

But I think I will definitely buy this game when it comes out.

Estacado
Just got an email from DC that I'm subscribed to, and in it they say that the Deathstroke pre-order bonus is challenge maps and skins.
Still better then Joker ,Nightwing or Robin.

Ridley_Prime
Go figure...

Story mode aside, they need to do something different from the same old challenge maps for the rest of the game. I think it's people's least liked part of any Arkham game, and probably more-so for completionists, though as one myself I don't mind the challenge for the most part, but it gets overly redundant pretty easily.

Unless I get to snipe, shoot down, or slice and dice the Riddler himself as Deathstroke, chances are I won't enjoy him that much more than the extra playables in Arkham City's challenge maps, and that's coming from someone whose a huge Slade fan.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
Still better then Joker ,Nightwing or Robin.

I'd prefer Nightwing, tbh. Yeah, Slade adds more variety, but I prefer Nightwing as a character.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Go figure...

Story mode aside, they need to do something different from the same old challenge maps for the rest of the game. I think it's people's least liked part of any Arkham game, and probably more-so for completionists, though as one myself I don't mind the challenge for the most part, but it gets overly redundant pretty easily.

Unless I get to snipe, shoot down, or slice and dice the Riddler himself as Deathstroke, chances are I won't enjoy him that much more than the extra playables in Arkham City's challenge maps, and that's coming from someone whose a huge Slade fan.

The challenge maps were the one thing I didn't 100%.

Estacado
Looks as good as previous games...
xS3upAxmLaY

ares834
Combat looks great. I really like how brutal it looks in comparison to the other Arkham games.

Estacado
Bane looks badass!!
vLKud58w9Ik

Ridley_Prime
Yeah... I like that Bane too. Pretty fresh compared to what we usually see of him in games.

Estacado
I like that he is more like in the comics big guy with fighting skills not like in previous Arkham games where he was only big because of venom and he fought like a retard.....

So he will look like this without a coat....
http://s21.postimg.org/mvb43yi93/0613_dcc_aobane.jpg
free pic

Kazenji
Looking good

but **** youtube at the moment always having to change the quality before watching.

COG Veteran
I'll get the game. Arkham City was amazing, granted I rage quit at least a dozen times in certain areas but the quality was top notch. I think it'll do well outside of Rocksteady's hands on this one.

Ridley_Prime
So... I guess Copperhead got a sex change?

TYxiqIf6rdY

Kazenji
I didn't even know who Copperhead was

and also with the DC 52 Copperhead there is a female one.

-Pr-
You didn't watch Justice League?

That said, yeah, 52 changed Copperhead hugely.

Kazenji
You didn't watch Justice League?

I've only seen some of it and yeah Copperhead wasn't in the episodes that i've seen.

Smasandian
I don't know why I'm not very excited for this game. Strange because the first game was ****ing awesome.

It could be the case that I didn't enjoy City as much as I did Asylum.

Impediment
Bane looks badass!!
vLKud58w9Ik

Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker (Batman and Joker, respectively) sound amazingly like Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill! It threw me off, at first, but then it hit home!

Darth Martin
Imagine if Ron Pearlman was Slade in this.

KingD19
Pearlman, or the guy who played him in Young Justice. Both were amazing, but Pearlman is just so amazing.

Nemesis X
0ju_jfdkUNY

*fanboy squee*

-Pr-
That could be fun.

Estacado
OMFG!!!!!
Bane is playable!!!!444

Kazenji
Get on Xbox Gold then.

Estacado
Yup makes me think about buying gold again....hmm

Makes me wonder how will Bane and Joker move around the environment hence the stealth takedown stuff...

Ridley_Prime
So they have this mode where you can use like Bane and Joker while only letting Deathstroke be playable in the challenge maps? What da ****.

Other than that not sure what to think of the multiplayer itself. Kinda have mixed feelings atm, but I guess it's what Gotham City Imposters should've been from the start.

Nephthys
So they have this mode where you can use like Bane and Joker while only letting Deathstroke be playable in the challenge maps? What da ****.

Just looking at the above video it looks like the mode is that Bane, Joker etc are capturing territory with minions and stuff. Deathstroke obviously doesn't work with minions and isn't a "kingpin" character like them who has territory and people working for him.

Estacado
Chill Im pretty sure Bane and Joker are not the only playable villians leaving Deathstroke out of this would be a huge mistake...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nephthys
Just looking at the above video it looks like the mode is that Bane, Joker etc are capturing territory with minions and stuff. Deathstroke obviously doesn't work with minions and isn't a "kingpin" character like them who has territory and people working for him.
Pretending Teen Titans series didn't exist?

Chill Im pretty sure Bane and Joker are not the only playable villians leaving Deathstroke out of this would be a huge mistake...
This. If Deathstroke's not in it though I'll live but it's just kinda hard to swallow at the moment.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't know why I'm not very excited for this game. Strange because the first game was ****ing awesome.

It could be the case that I didn't enjoy City as much as I did Asylum. I loved both and I'm not interested at all.

Maybe its just me being pessimistic.

Vensai
Multiplayer is good but only if they pull it off correctly without leaving out certain characters like Deathstroke out of the character pool

Kazenji

Other than that not sure what to think of the multiplayer itself. Kinda have mixed feelings atm, but I guess it's what Gotham City Imposters should've been from the start.

What get to play as the villains in Gotham City Imposters.?

i don't think you got the point of that game.

Estacado
GOriginally posted by Ridley_Prime
Pretending Teen Titans series didn't exist?

This. If Deathstroke's not in it though I'll live but it's just kinda hard to swallow at the moment.
You cant expect them to reveal all playable characters in the 1st mp trailer.

Nemesis X
I imagine we'll be able to play Copperhead and Black Mask as well.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I loved both and I'm not interested at all.

Maybe its just me being pessimistic.
Yeah, I think it is pessimism. Was uncertain about the game at first but now I'm sure it'll be on Arkham City levels of goodness, maybe even surpass it. That's a bit of a long shot though, even with the multiplayer.

G
You cant expect them to reveal all playable characters in the 1st mp trailer.
That's true. I just remember reading in a link posted earlier that Slade's only playable role in the game would be for the challenge maps, but maybe that'll change. If the multiplayer mode itself is damn good though, I may just be fine enough even if Bane and the Joker are the only supervillains you can play as, though I'd mainly go with Bane if given the choice.

Estacado
Other rumored mp characters are:Killer Croc,Deadshot,Deathstroke,Firefly,Black mask and more
LXJUD-h77yw

Smasandian
Yeah, I think it is pessimism. Was uncertain about the game at first but now I'm sure it'll be on Arkham City levels of goodness, maybe even surpass it. That's a bit of a long shot though, even with the multiplayer.

That's true. I just remember reading in a link posted earlier that Slade's only playable role in the game would be for the challenge maps, but maybe that'll change. If the multiplayer mode itself is damn good though, I may just be fine enough even if Bane and the Joker are the only supervillains you can play as, though I'd mainly go with Bane if given the choice.

I'm in the same boat as Zach.

I loved Asylum. I enjoyed City (I didn't like the open world setting as much as the closed off setting in Aslyum) but the combination of different developer and I got a tad bit bored near the end of last game is making me less excited about this one.

Ridley_Prime
I think you're in the minority of preferring the closed spaces of Asylum over the open world of Arkham City. With the amount of games I've played before with the closed off setting, City felt pretty fresh for me, especially as a Batman game.

I remember being a lot more excited near the end of City (going after Hugo/Ra's and trying to rescue Talia from Joker) first playthrough than I was when getting near the end of Asylum, interesting as the Poison Ivy boss fight was. The thing with Joker having Titan though was what bored me, with how the fight played out. City did something different and much more unique by the end with Clayface, rather than have you fight Titan thugs over and over.

@ Estacado: That's good to see. Gives me some hope about more of the other characters.

Smasandian
I just thought Asylum was a much tighter game.

An open world game is really fresh to me anymore. Numerous ones are being released every year. Ubisoft basically said they will be releasing open world games almost exclusively.

-Pr-
Honestly, I understand why people prefer Asylum to City, but for me, City's open world and variety is what makes it the better game.

Sure, with Asylum you had a much tighter narrative, and that awesome Scarecrow sequence, but I think City has enough of its own positives that make it the better game.

I might be in the minority, but I am stoked for Origins. The improvements they've made to the detective engine, plus the way we can fight martial artists now, means only good things imo.

Vensai
While I don't want the developers to change the main formula, I would like some more new features like the multiplayer function so the series does not get repetitive.

Smasandian
Honestly, I understand why people prefer Asylum to City, but for me, City's open world and variety is what makes it the better game.

Sure, with Asylum you had a much tighter narrative, and that awesome Scarecrow sequence, but I think City has enough of its own positives that make it the better game.

I might be in the minority, but I am stoked for Origins. The improvements they've made to the detective engine, plus the way we can fight martial artists now, means only good things imo.

True.

I didn't like how some of the side missions were not completed for me., like the sniper guy. It might of been a bug but part of the mission never triggered.

I did like the boss fights in City much better.

Vensai
Originally posted by Supra
If they dont screw it up for all of us. Then it will be cool
Looks like they are keeping the main fighting system at the very least.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Smasandian
True.

I didn't like how some of the side missions were not completed for me., like the sniper guy. It might of been a bug but part of the mission never triggered.

I did like the boss fights in City much better.

I had heard that there were issues like that, though thankfully I never had that problem. The only thing that really bugged me was that most of the side quests had to be finished before the end of the story mode. That, if you didn't know about it beforehand, could royally ruin your playthrough.

Estacado
Give bats more disarming gadgets for example in Arkham City its pretty hard to take down 6 armed guys without any "prep"under it I mean if you just jump up on them they rip you apart with the ARs.

The only safe way to take them out was jamming 2 ARs with that jammer,freezin 1 with the granade then use batclaw and batarang for the other 3 which gets dodged often if you rush attack...the new gadget which "connects A to B" looks pretty sweet though I dont think it will have quickfire option...

Estacado

-Pr-
I saw that. Colour me tempted.

Estacado
Would prefer a Deathstroke or Bane statue.

-Pr-
I wouldn't, but that's me.

Estacado
I get it that Joker is THE villain but his been in every Arkham game so far would while this is the first game that Slade appears in.

-Pr-
I was speaking more about it being a Batman statue. It would be harder to do something suitable with him and Bane, imo.

Estacado
Bane breaking Batman...biscuits
Bat fans would be pissed though....stick out tongue
I think Bruce blocking Slade's sword with his "arm blades" could look good though...

-Pr-
True, that wouldn't be bad.

Though then again, I think they're probably looking at it from a marketing standpoint: A lot more people recognise the Joker than recognise Bane, even with DKR having come out last year.

Estacado
Oh and they need to fix the phuckin camera in the fighting challenges cause it's phuckin awful I played some of the extreme challenges in AC and couldnt see shit sometimes...

BlackZero30x
Im in the beta for the multiplayer and it is ok I guess.....I mean I thought It wasn't needed in the first place and after spending some time playing it....well its not improving my opinion. Getting to go around as batman and robin early is kinda fun though.

Estacado
What's Bane like?

BlackZero30x
I have never gotten to be Bane or the Joker. I have been on their crew but have not be able to be either one. Going by other people being him....he has a powerful presence and hes and up close brawler like fighter. Both Bane and Joker do tons of damage and its hard to take them down. Batman and Robin have some standard gadgets. Only one gadget is new...its a radar scrambler.

Estacado
So it takes multiple take downs to beat the villains?
Like the Mr Freeze fight?

Vensai
Oh and they need to fix the phuckin camera in the fighting challenges cause it's phuckin awful I played some of the extreme challenges in AC and couldnt see shit sometimes...
It's that bad? Worse than in the previous games?

Ridley_Prime
I personally don't remember having camera issues like that in AC, and I played the game a shit ton.

The multiplayer sounds like how I expected it so far based on the beta.

Estacado
Im playing it offline and it's the pre GOTY version dont know if there were any cam bug updates but it's horrible sometimes even in the city the camera gets too close and I cant see all the enemy so I get sucker punched sometimes...

BlackZero30x
So it takes multiple take downs to beat the villains?
Like the Mr Freeze fight?

Well sort of yea. I mean they just soak up tons of damage. I was in the jokers gang and emptied an entire clip into bane and he still took me out first. The Heroes can soak some damage also but they don't dish out as much damage and it seems like they are over all easier to take down. The Villains can be hard to get though. At one point an Icon appears over a door and the first person to open it becomes the Villain. It is also for either team and only one person gets it. So if a Bane thug gets there then they become Bane but if a Joker thug gets there then they become the Joker......but both can't be out at once and I have only ever seen one per match.

Estacado
I know it's short but better then nothing....
Z163YIu2e3U

BlackZero30x
This morning I saw the collectors edition announcement. I went straight to gamestop and I was the first one in my area to pre-order it lol. The guy laughed because I ordered it only ten mins after they got the e-mail to start taking the orders for it!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/batman-arkham-origins-collectors-edition/111344#bonusFeatures

Estacado
So thinking about getting this for Pc aswell since they made Nightwing and other Dlc characters playable in story mode via mod in AC. Im hoping this way I will be able to free roam with Deathstroke...mmm

Estacado
k3X71eEAR-g

BlackZero30x
I cant wait to get the CE. It looks much better then the other 2 collectors.

Estacado
Wondering if there will be other characters for the challenges....

FistOfThe North
Batman: Arkham Origins 'not coming to PS4 or Xbox One'

Warner Bros. Montreal rules out next-gen Batman port.

Senior producer Ben Mattes ruled out the potential for a next-gen port on Twitter earlier today, saying: "I can 100 per cent confirm that Arkham Origins will only ship on the announced platforms. It is not coming to PS4 or Xbox One."

Well that sucks. I hate that some of these nice games won't be coming out the the next gen systems. As if.

Ridley_Prime
Wondering if there will be other characters for the challenges....
I honestly hope not. Considering how many characters Arkham City had for that (which was too many), just Batman and Deathstroke would be enough for me, while the other trophies/achievements non-story related would be for the multiplayer.

As for the game not coming out on next-gen platforms, cry me a river.

BlackZero30x
I honestly hope not. Considering how many characters Arkham City had for that (which was too many), just Batman and Deathstroke would be enough for me, while the other trophies/achievements non-story related would be for the multiplayer.

As for the game not coming out on next-gen platforms, cry me a river.

I hope there isnt many mutiplayer achievements. Im a completest of these games and the challenges can be hard enough as it is. I don't want to have a "get to level 50" or any stuff like that. Im not mad they added the mutiplayer but I feel it was a bland addition. I know mutiplayer is what a lot of people want but I feel a co-op system would have been a lot more fun. Join someones game as say Robin, Nightwing, or Batgirl...ect. Unique fighting styles and gadgets. Join a friends game with the "drop in-out" system and pick which ever bat sidekick you want. Thats just my opinion...

Ridley_Prime
For something like an Arkham game, I would have to disagree on the co-op idea. Contrary to popular belief co-op's not always a good addition for a series, and if I were to play with someone that isn't really around my skill level (friend or random), I would hate to think how much I'd be holding their hand as Batman or someone. Whether it's covering my partner's ass with explosive gel or something, it would just be watered down compared to a single player experience.

You can maybe call the multiplayer a bland addition, but compared to simply having more challenge maps and calling it a day, it's practically fresh. That said, I hope there's more achievements for the multiplayer than the challenge maps, and even if there's something of a grind fest for it like that getting to level 50 example, I don't see even it being as tedious as Arkham City's DLC achievements (excluding Harley Quinn's Revenge).

Nemesis X
For something like an Arkham game, I would have to disagree on the co-op idea. Contrary to popular belief co-op's not always a good addition for a series, and if I were to play with someone that isn't really around my skill level (friend or random), I would hate to think how much I'd be holding their hand as Batman or someone. Whether it's covering my partner's ass with explosive gel or something, it would just be watered down compared to a single player experience.

You can maybe call the multiplayer a bland addition, but compared to simply having more challenge maps and calling it a day, it's practically fresh. That said, I hope there's more achievements for the multiplayer than the challenge maps, and even if there's something of a grind fest for it like that getting to level 50 example, I don't see even it being as tedious as Arkham City's DLC achievements (excluding Harley Quinn's Revenge).

Agreed. Co-op would just ruin the Arkham experience. Imagine having an invisible tether between Batman and Robin/Nightwing/Batgirl/Catwoman and one can't progress without the other because someone decided they wanted to go the opposite direction or stay in the same location.

Estacado
It would be cool to have a heroes vs villains mode in mp.

BlackZero30x

Yeah but its not like you would be forced to play with someone that you didn't want to play with and if you felt like you were doing most of the work just boot them. Of course everything in these games are watered down compared to the single player. These games are driven by their strong single player.

Well the multiplayer wont hurt the game but it really doesn't add anything either. Not every game needs mutiplayer and a series driven this strongly by single player certainly doesn't need it.....especially with how "meh" the MP is. Granted I only played the beta but its not captivating. The only MP i'll be playing is for the achievements if there are any. Arkham City went a bit over board with the challenge modes and then adding the extreme challenges. In AA I only was ever stuck on 1 challenge map so I feel like they wanted to make it more challenging. I personally love when there are challenge modes in games. I would like to have the addition of roaming Gotham with other characters......but im sure most people would lol

-Pr-
To be fair, chastising someone for not being as good as you and having to carry their weight is a pretty authentic Batman experience.

KingD19
That seems like pretty much all Batman would do. Stop being so similar to me -Pr-, it's creepy. And you'll have to make me a mod or something if it keeps up. Jus'sayin.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Estacado
Just got Goty for AC tried the other characters they are ok at best.
I like the different fighting styles but gadget wise they are pretty meh you can literally feel that Batman is the best character in the game(he is slow compared to others though.)Tbh I really dont want to do all these challenges with them.
I didnt catch the idea of having to complete both campaign and ranked matches with Batman for the achievements since they are the same.ermm

Also adding these difficulty raisers can be a pain in the ass sometimes prefered the simple Asylum challenges.

Ridley_Prime
While Batman may obviously be the most versatile as far as gadgets, gadget-wise I actually like Robin and Nightwing better than him in some regards, whether it be Robin's shield, zip-kick, etc., or Nightwing's darts that can instantly KO a thug and stuff like that. Aiming with it can sometimes be a pain though.

Understandable if you don't want to do all those same challenges with them, but they do mix it up some at least like make you have to do that train level with Robin where you fight Black Mask at the end, which was pretty neat.

But again, that repetitive stuff with the AC challenges with 4 characters is why I'm hoping Batman and Deathstroke will be the only ones you have to do challenge maps for in this game...

And Batman's response to that co-op shenanigans being an authentic Batman experience: I work better alone.

BlackZero30x
They have been leaking clues to the next character revel and im 100% sure its going to be Firefly.

Estacado
CkgzMVIzaZo

Estacado
So we have Bane,Copperhead,Deathstroke,Deadshot,Firefly,Joker

Croc is rumored that makes it 7/8.

BlackZero30x
Pr-Ordered and Paid off. Now I just have to play the waiting game.

Estacado
Just a few pics of Deathstroke challenge,Batman's electric gloves...
Wonder what gadgets will Slade use...

vGOtKezR-7c

BlackZero30x
That was pretty cool!

BlackZero30x
Just a few pics of Deathstroke challenge,Batman's electric gloves...
Wonder what gadgets will Slade use...

vGOtKezR-7c

They actually had the eletric gloves in the Batman Arkham City Armored edition(on Wii U)

They had a few special things in that edtion

Estacado
LJ4CcY1Ty-A
Really liking the Spawnish look of worst nightmare costume..
FUf8pOghrGs

BlackZero30x
Its pretty cool they are giving something special to those who 100% this!

Estacado
Yup!
There are rumors about Batgirl appearing in the game.
The new electric gloves look badass!!

Kazenji
Multiplayer footage...get it while its hot

http://www.oxm.co.uk/62614/four-batman-arkham-origins-multiplayer-gameplay-videos-descend-from-the-shadows/

Estacado
Phuck this looks cheap...sad

LMHTs0-FQl8

RedX1852
So who do you guys think Gets the MONEY

Estacado
Olala....
2urBF-XAcFc

RedX1852
Olala....
2urBF-XAcFc
????

RedX1852
I honestly think Bane, Deathstroke, or Deadshot get it but since it's a Prequel we all know he Survived

Estacado
Phuckin MP achievements.....ermm
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/batman-arkham-origins/achievements/

Kazenji
They're usually easy if you can find someone to boost them

but yeah....phuck em.

Estacado
11 out of 50 is mp achievement in a game that was originally ment to be singleplayer.....I dont mind the mp but they could have made it just for fun...ermm

-Pr-
ugh. I hate that. Shoehorning MP in to single player annoys me. It annoyed me with Mass Effect 3, and it annoys me now with this game, that I was planning on preordering too.

Estacado
I've been playing AC today and Deathstroke's moves seem like an exact copy of Robin's which is damn disapponting......their silent take down is exactly the same and even some of the fighting moves like 5-6 and the takedowns as well.......sad

BlackZero30x
11 out of 50 is mp achievement in a game that was originally ment to be singleplayer.....I dont mind the mp but they could have made it just for fun...ermm

that pi$$es me off. I have all achievements on the other 2, including all DLC achievements. I wasn't happy with mutiplayer in the first place then I played the beta and it was meh at best.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>