God Cable vs. P5 Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Cable cant burn out

Who wins?

Damborgson
Namor

nwg202
Namor

TheGodKiller
Cable wins.

namor stomps

zopzop
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Cable wins.
Exactly. Namor was fail all through AvX even with 1/5 of the PF. Cable psi-blasts him into a coma. Fights over.

TheGodKiller
I was giving this victory to Cable more along the lines of my belief that he's Xavier's psionic peer, although I don't have any solid feat-based evidence to prove this.

Anyhow, lol at your predictable lowballing.

Oliver North
I was giving this victory to Cable more along the lines of my belief that he's Xavier's psionic peer, although I don't have any solid feat-based evidence to prove this.

I tried to hold a tourney once with uber leveled characters and some other things that are normally banned, and someone chose the "God Cable". His feat where, imho, he survives against Surfer for a few panels and then is utterly stomped, people tend to interpret as him having power equal to an all out Surfer. He also has feats that insinuate he was reading the goals and desires of all people on Earth, but those are treated almost more hyperbole, again, imho.

Xavier's peer, sure, but I'd say only on the insinuation from other X-Men in the series that he should be. No idea if he can equal the PF, but I would be surprised, unless P5 was greatly depowered.

Sixth_Winged
Namor used PF like a noob. Cable on the other hand operated like a pro despite the relatively short gap from when he first got released from the TO virus. Cable ftw

red sabre
P5 Namor was getting worked by rulk and thing, yeah i know he beat them and stuff but he still wasnt impressive enough to me ok? to me martial arts ultimately mean expressing yourself.

"Id"
Cable may just put him to sleep ala Xavier.

In a contest of physical power, Namor gets the nudge every-time.

zopzop

Anyhow, lol at your predictable lowballing.
Originally posted by zopzop
Exactly. Namor was fail all through AvX even with 1/5 of the PF. Cable psi-blasts him into a coma. Fights over.

pym-ftw
How was Namor a "fail"?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Oliver North
I tried to hold a tourney once with uber leveled characters and some other things that are normally banned, and someone chose the "God Cable". His feat where, imho, he survives against Surfer for a few panels and then is utterly stomped, people tend to interpret as him having power equal to an all out Surfer. He also has feats that insinuate he was reading the goals and desires of all people on Earth, but those are treated almost more hyperbole, again, imho.
He was burning out even before that battle with the Surfer began, due to the strain of keeping the island they were fighting on telekinetically afloat and securing the world in a telepathic security blanket. The fight with Surfer merely exacerbated his energies' draining.
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Cable_Interview_zps757aefbc.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/Cable_Interview_Full_zpsc8fbea85.jpg

TheGodKiller
No idea if he can equal the PF, but I would be surprised, unless P5 was greatly depowered.
Did you read what Mr Sinister(while being powered by the Dreaming Celestial's depleted energies) had to say regarding the P5 as hosts of the Phoenix Force?

Golgo13
Originally posted by "Id"
Cable may just put him to sleep ala Xavier.

In a contest of physical power, Namor gets the nudge every-time.

This.

Oliver North
He was burning out even before that battle with the Surfer began, due to the strain of keeping the island they were fighting on telekinetically afloat and securing the world in a telepathic security blanket. The fight with Surfer merely exacerbated his energies' draining.

I meant more about the part where Surfer uses his powers to do more than just push Cable through buildings. He literally turned off his X gene with a thought. My point being, regardless of how much he is doing, he only matches Surfer for a very brief period and, when Surfer has had enough, Cable gets his powers turned off. Just pointing out, I don't think Cable was a match for him at that point, and a lot of people try to use that single feat to suggest he was (or at least they did in the tournament I was describing).

Did you read what Mr Sinister(while being powered by the Dreaming Celestial's depleted energies) had to say regarding the P5 as hosts of the Phoenix Force?

no, was it one of those situations where it was "the phoenix force", but "not that phoenix force"?

Mindset
He literally turned off his X gene with a thought. Never happened.

-Pr-
Namor.

Oliver North
Originally posted by Mindset
Never happened.

Am I remembering wrong or did they change it?

wait... it was him burning himself out, wasn't it... rargh stupid memories!

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
Namor.

pretty sure he'd wreck cable without any real problems.

Mindset
Racist.

Mindset
Am I remembering wrong or did they change it?

wait... it was him burning himself out, wasn't it... rargh stupid memories! Well, you may just be remembering what people were trying to claim happened, SS turning off his x-gene, but he really just got burned out.

Oliver North
Well, you may just be remembering what people were trying to claim happened, SS turning off his x-gene, but he really just got burned out.

ugh, now I know why I gave up on that tournament

my bad: was one of those things where my brain invented the memory of those scans, but I think I remember this exact thing happening before.

Either way, Surfer still had the better showing in their fight and didn't burn out :P

Damborgson
Originally posted by red sabre
P5 Namor was getting worked by rulk and thing, yeah i know he beat them and stuff but he still wasnt impressive enough to me ok? to me martial arts ultimately mean expressing yourself.

He got bloodied, but so what? Prime's been bloodied also but the problem is putting him down. And Namor took a hell of a lot of punishment.

TheGodKiller
I meant more about the part where Surfer uses his powers to do more than just push Cable through buildings. He literally turned off his X gene with a thought. My point being, regardless of how much he is doing, he only matches Surfer for a very brief period and, when Surfer has had enough, Cable gets his powers turned off. Just pointing out, I don't think Cable was a match for him at that point, and a lot of people try to use that single feat to suggest he was (or at least they did in the tournament I was describing).

Mindset has already addressed the X-Gene stuff. As far as the rest goes, we don't know how the battle would really have turned out had Cable focused all of his power on fighting against the Surfer. Also, for what it's worth, he did end up breaking the Surfer's board during that fight(although Surfer repaired it after the fight was over).

no, was it one of those situations where it was "the phoenix force", but "not that phoenix force"?
He called them sub-par hosts. Later in that comic itself, the very consciousness of the Phoenix Force, during a telepathic conversation with Emma Frost, implied that due it being unbothered by the P5, they didn't seem to receive the true scale of its might.

In a nutshell: the P5 were unworthy of the Phoenix' power and were fail hosts according to that issue.

StyleTime
Well, you may just be remembering what people were trying to claim happened, SS turning off his x-gene, but he really just got burned out.
thumb up
Surfer still had the better showing in their fight and didn't burn out :P
thumb up

Oliver North
In a nutshell: the P5 were unworthy of the Phoenix' power and were fail hosts according to that issue.

this thread has fairly well detailed my lack of knowledge about comics, wonderful smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor's far more powerful imo. Cable's only chance is some kind of telepathic shut down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.