This made my night!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37120

Read the whole article! Cant wait!!

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Supra
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37120

Read the whole article! Cant wait!!

It made mine too big grin

Supra
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
It made mine too big grin

No friggin green rocks!!! Finally a movie without those nasty things, grosssmile

TheHulk
Ummm...lol why? I mean yea the arguements of how Superman is stupid because of his weakness but lol what's so special about Kryptonite not being in MOS?

Supra
I wanna see a movie without green rocks, now hes got no limits on screen. Pure power from the Man of Steel now.

juggerman
He's gonna be fighting Kryptonians and it was stated that the military poses a minimal threat to Superman. He'll have limits.

roughrider
It will be like Superman II. You don't need kryptonite when you've got Zod and his henchmen on the warpath.

Supra
Originally posted by roughrider
It will be like Superman II. You don't need kryptonite when you've got Zod and his henchmen on the warpath.

Im just glad there is no green goo to **** things ups.

Zack Fair
Kryptonite is just used too much. Superman has his fair share of villains and challenges that push him to his limits and then some. The overexposure of kryptonite leads casuals into thinking nothing can stand up to Superman but the stupid rock.

JakeTheBank
I like Kryptonite as a concept and the whole ironic twist behind it existing in the first place: the remnants of his dead planet possessing the means to kill him has always been a very brilliant aspect of the entire Superman mythos.

That said, no, I don't think it should be overused. But, I would like it mentioned in passing or perhaps a slight easter egg of a young Clark getting sick in the presence of some green rocks before they're discarded or something.

Endless Mike
There's still magic and red sunlight

Mindship
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I like Kryptonite as a concept and the whole ironic twist behind it existing in the first place: the remnants of his dead planet possessing the means to kill him has always been a very brilliant aspect of the entire Superman mythos. thumb up

xJLxKing
the reason there is no kryptonite is because Zod is the villain who shares the same weakness. Rest assured, it will be in the sequel, if it ever comes

-Pr-
I wouldn't mind there being kryptonite in the sequel. I would, however, prefer that if Lex was using it, he was using it to power his battlesuit.

Or we got Metallo.

Superman is supposed to overcome his villains, no matter what method they use; not have Lois and Cyclops save him.

xJLxKing
Personally, i dislike kryptonite in general. Directors use it to bring superman to human status and remove it just the same. Keep it out completely, leave that for comics

-Pr-
I think, when it's used right, it's fine.

Smallville, for example, is just an example of using it horribly.

Supra
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think, when it's used right, it's fine.

Smallville, for example, is just an example of using it horribly.

Yea every single episode, it got so old!

Supra
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Personally, i dislike kryptonite in general. Directors use it to bring superman to human status and remove it just the same. Keep it out completely, leave that for comics

Exactly!

Originally posted by xJLxKing
the reason there is no kryptonite is because Zod is the villain who shares the same weakness. Rest assured, it will be in the sequel, if it ever comes

If there is no kryptonite in the first one can't say rest assured it will be in the second one. If its not in the first one its more then likely not going to be in the sequel if there is one. They might just want to be rid of it forever in this series.. Hopefully that is the case.

TheHulk
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I like Kryptonite as a concept and the whole ironic twist behind it existing in the first place: the remnants of his dead planet possessing the means to kill him has always been a very brilliant aspect of the entire Superman mythos.

That said, no, I don't think it should be overused. But, I would like it mentioned in passing or perhaps a slight easter egg of a young Clark getting sick in the presence of some green rocks before they're discarded or something. thumb up

Mindship
Smallville, for example, is just an example of using it horribly. Actually, I kind of liked the idea of a meteor swarm having accompanied the ship to Earth, and then Earthlings becoming "meteor freaks" when exposed. It gave a nice little source for stories where superbeings fight and powers/fx can be showcased. The problem was that Smallville overused that plot device: the show quickly dropped into formula, which typically involved meteor freak of the week. Once the show grew beyond that (personally, I had trouble with the whole cave thing), their character development got even better (it was always one of the show's strengths, imo).

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindship
Actually, I kind of liked the idea of a meteor swarm having accompanied the ship to Earth, and then Earthlings becoming "meteor freaks" when exposed. It gave a nice little source for stories where superbeings fight and powers/fx can be showcased. The problem was that Smallville overused that plot device: the show quickly dropped into formula, which typically involved meteor freak of the week. Once the show grew beyond that (personally, I had trouble with the whole cave thing), their character development got even better (it was always one of the show's strengths, imo).

I was talking more about how every time clark so much as looked at kryptonite, he became utterly useless.

Mindship
I was talking more about how every time clark so much as looked at kryptonite, he became utterly useless. Ah. That struck me as a throw-back to Boring/Swan/George Reeves days. To me, that was standard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.