H'el vs sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mighty adam
1 fight h'el can't use tp to abuse sentry mind

2 fight anything goes full potential fight, sentry can tap into void. Who wins.

TheHulk
1.If Sentry fights stupid H'el 6/10

2.Voidtry wins

Stoic
At his best Sentry should win, at his worse he gets destroyed. H'el better not mess with his mind though.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Stoic
At his best Sentry should win, at his worse he gets destroyed. H'el better not mess with his mind though. Lol yea that would just make things worst....

mighty adam
You say void beats h'el how so?

TheHulk
Originally posted by mighty adam
You say void beats h'el how so? Do you even know who the f**k Void is!?

Never mind

Sentry is around Superman,Captain Marvel,Thor and Silver Surfer level. Void is above Sentry, more so than H'el beats Superman.

pym-ftw
Void 7/10

H'el 9/10 over gimped Bob

mighty adam
Originally posted by TheHulk
Do you even know who the f**k Void is!?

Never mind

Sentry is around Superman,Captain Marvel,Thor and Silver Surfer level. Void is above Sentry, more so than H'el beats Superman. I disagree. I hate this about sentry cuz he's inconsistent but Thor supes and CM can beat the void but if at he's high showings he can beat them too. I will say if you take he's best feats sentry void I can make a case for a win over the three

TheHulk
I disagree. I hate this about sentry cuz he's inconsistent but Thor supes and CM can beat the void but if at he's high showings he can beat them too. I will say if you take he's best feats sentry void I can make a case for a win over the three Every character is inconsistant!! why is Void/Sentry different?

SevenShackles
so this is siege sentry/void?

TheHulk
Originally posted by SevenShackles
so this is siege sentry/void? Normal..Lo seige will win win both scenerios!

a88378438
void for wins..
Round1,not sure..

TheHulk
Originally posted by a88378438
void for wins..
Round1,not sure.. Round 1 H'el wins.

SevenShackles
Round 1: H'el should win for a serious healthy majority. Sentry seriously inconsistent and it hurts him without void potential. He is weak mentally and a weak strategist.

Round 2: sentry wil do as he did during WWH and will take h'el's punches and proceed to push his shit in. Any matter manip from h'el's end will be met with void matter manip and actually might trigger a worse beating.

TheHulk
Round 1: H'el should win for a serious healthy majority. Sentry seriously inconsistent and it hurts him without void potential. He is weak mentally and a weak strategist.

Round 2: sentry wil do as he did during WWH and will take h'el's punches like he did WWH and proceed to push his shit in. Sorry buddy but this we have to trade blows..

Round 1:If Sentry does not get his head in the game he loses but only a 6/10.If he is stable Sentry 7/10

Round 2:He is allowed to use Void enough said. Voidtry Wins.

Stoic

Round 2: sentry wil do as he did during WWH and will take h'el's punches and proceed to push his shit in. Any matter manip from h'el's end will be met with void matter manip and actually might trigger a worse beating.

Huh? How do you figure? Sentry beat the Void. The whole thing hinges on Bobs state of mind. If he's feeling impotent he loses, but if he's on top of his game he wins.

TheHulk
Huh? How do you figure? Sentry beat the Void. The whole thing hinges on Bobs state of mind. If he's feeling impotent he loses, but if he's on top of his game he wins. This

SevenShackles
Sorry buddy but this we have to trade blows..

Round 1:If Sentry does not get his head in the game he loses but only a 6/10.If he is stable Sentry 7/10

Round 2:He is allowed to use Void enough said. Voidtry Wins.

OP said no TP but not no TK. He ripped superboy apart in an instant and had consistent speed that had superman completely baffled.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/122439/2780394-superman_zone_009.jpg

Fast and strong enough to move the fortress of solitude in a instant. Arguably could be a teleportation feat.
http://imageshack.us/a/img191/9328/70180006.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9349/el3mt.jpg
Physically he was portrayed stronger than DCnu Supes.

With his matter manipulation he was able to shrink supergirl and could even do a form of astral projection which he could use to confuse the sentry and ware him down if need me if not use it as a way to get in some speed blitzing.

Oh and when he used matter manip on superboy he was able to actually read him on an atomic level. So he could get a better understanding of how to deal with bob with his high level of kryptonian intellect...if not just..phuck him up then BFR via teleportation sentry into the sun.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18863/2748297-screen_shot_2012_12_11_at_3.19.43_pm.png

Here he TK restrains superman
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125071/2791643-2791639-xxsuperman_zone_015___copia.jpg
Takes a full on hit from supergirl on the surface of the sun after teleporting them both there and actually does harm to her instead of stalemate
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71535/2780823-supergirl_zone_010.jpg

See here I'm coming from big grin

-Pr-
1. H'el.

2. Sentry.

TheHulk
OP said no TP but not no TK. He ripped superboy apart in an instant and had consistent speed that had superman completely baffled.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/122439/2780394-superman_zone_009.jpg

Fast and strong enough to move the fortress of solitude in a instant. Arguably could be a teleportation feat.
http://imageshack.us/a/img191/9328/70180006.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9349/el3mt.jpg
Physically he was portrayed stronger than DCnu Supes.

With his matter manipulation he was able to shrink supergirl and could even do a form of astral projection which he could use to confuse the sentry and ware him down if need me if not use it as a way to get in some speed blitzing.

Oh and when he used matter manip on superboy he was able to actually read him on an atomic level. So he could get a better understanding of how to deal with bob with his high level of kryptonian intellect...if not just..phuck him up then BFR via teleportation sentry into the sun.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18863/2748297-screen_shot_2012_12_11_at_3.19.43_pm.png

Here he TK restrains superman
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125071/2791643-2791639-xxsuperman_zone_015___copia.jpg
Takes a full on hit from supergirl on the surface of the sun after teleporting them both there and actually does harm to her instead of stalemate
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71535/2780823-supergirl_zone_010.jpg

See here I'm coming from big grin Mind you lol so can you just categorise what you said...what was the ft suppose to be? was the superboy fts supposed to be about speed or about strength?

Golgo13
H'el.

SevenShackles
Mind you lol so can you just categorise what you said...what was the ft suppose to be? was the superboy fts supposed to be about speed or about strength?

Ah sorry. Top scan is about his speed, little lower I ended up putting the matter manip feat against superboy and forgot to edit what i wrote at the start of my post. Sorry bout that.

curryman
Sentry doesn't stand a chance in H'el.

1 - h'el. hard.
2 - split

mighty adam
Sentry got so much going for him as a character, and marvel can do alot with him. I think he's problem is like thors. He's too strong to be a earth based marvel heroe. So marvel either kills them off or sending them into space for gay stories. Its like marvel has a hard time thinking of good ideas\ plots for really strong earth based heroes. But sentry I feel more so then most you can work with he's a junkie, he's mental, he has a beasty evil side, he has a stupid crazy wild powerset, like really you can base plots around him you never could for alot of characters. Mental\ unstable enough to have a low tier character as a opponent, beasty enough to have him throw down with the high tier folk.

TheHulk
Sentry got so much going for him as a character, and marvel can do alot with him. I think he's problem is like thors. He's too strong to be a earth based marvel heroe. So marvel either kills them off or sending them into space for gay stories. Its like marvel has a hard time thinking of good ideas\ plots for really strong earth based heroes. But sentry I feel more so then most you can work with he's a junkie, he's mental, he has a beasty evil side, he has a stupid crazy wild powerset, like really you can base plots around him you never could for alot of characters. Mental\ unstable enough to have a low tier character as a opponent, beasty enough to have him throw down with the high tier folk. This,expect the part of characters being too strong for earth...

JakeTheBank
The problem with Sentry isn't his power level, but rather his character and how he's handled. Between Jenkins and Bendis, they introduced a character that was the first major hero of the "modern" Marvel Age that had ties to every single hero on the planet and was beloved by everyone until he made them forget about him. That in of itself is a huge F-U to continuity and completely trashes a lot of characters' own back stories. Take for example Rogue.

Rogue's lack of being able to be touched/touch another person is a huge part of her character. Yet, somehow, she and Sentry were able to have intimacy with one another. If Rogue was able to have intimacy with anyone, it would have vastly effected her personality and lot of issues she's had concerning her powers, let alone someone like Bob. Yet, he was her first or something post mutation.

That's just one example of how Sentry as a character completely mucks up Marvel's already dicey continuity.

-Pr-
And the fact that at times he came across as some sort of horrible Marty Stu.

curryman
First Sentry storyline was incredible tho.

Things didn't go to hell before Bendis got his hands on the character.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
And the fact that at times he came across as some sort of horrible Marty Stu.

This, too.

The guy was loved by everyone, the most powerful hero, the best friend of Reed Richards, the only guy who befriended the Hulk and made him "less angry", inspired Spider-Man, etc.

I "get" the whole dark/twisted Superman archtype he was trying to fit in, but it came at the expense of other characters, most of which are highly significant characters in the Marvel Univere.

TheHulk
That is why phuck Thor. Sentry is the mightiest one there is!

sentry inserted in the 616 was crap.

the beauty of his mini was its self-contained continuity and the sacrifice he made to banish the void from the world. by bringing him into the fold, they first butchered his character and then a dozen others.

JakeTheBank
That is why phuck Thor. Sentry is the mightiest one there is!

Sentry being more powerful than Thor doesn't bother me.

Him being a horrendous character whose existence takes a dump on canon does.

mighty adam
Originally posted by curryman
First Sentry storyline was incredible tho.

Things didn't go to hell before Bendis got his hands on the character. agreed

mighty adam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sentry being more powerful than Thor doesn't bother me.

Him being a horrendous character whose existence takes a dump on canon does. I see wat your saying. But it could have been worst alot worst. I just feel like they killed him off after butchering the character it felt like a fck u to me. But I know he'll be back and hopefully a writer who gives a dam gets there hands on him this time.

JakeTheBank
I see wat your saying. But it could have been worst alot worst. I just feel like they killed him off after butchering the character it felt like a fck u to me. But I know he'll be back and hopefully a writer who gives a dam gets there hands on him this time.

He's actually coming back in a future issue of Uncanny Avengers. He'll be a Horsemen of Apocalypse.

TheHulk
I see wat your saying. But it could have been worst alot worst. I just feel like they killed him off after butchering the character it felt like a fck u to me. But I know he'll be back and hopefully a writer who gives a dam gets there hands on him this time. More like they gave up on him...

it doesnt matter how bad the character was when they killed'im. it will be worse when he comes back.

TheHulk
Originally posted by 753
it doesnt matter how bad the character was when they killed'im. it will be worse when he comes back. Lol maybe they won't treat him like the same prestige?

-Pr-
This, too.

The guy was loved by everyone, the most powerful hero, the best friend of Reed Richards, the only guy who befriended the Hulk and made him "less angry", inspired Spider-Man, etc.

I "get" the whole dark/twisted Superman archtype he was trying to fit in, but it came at the expense of other characters, most of which are highly significant characters in the Marvel Univere.

Agreed. Even Superman isn't that universally loved.

TheHulk
He was over loved personally sad

Stoic
He's actually coming back in a future issue of Uncanny Avengers. He'll be a Horsemen of Apocalypse.

Seriously?

JakeTheBank
Seriously?

Yep. Him, Banshee, Grim Reaper, and Daken.

TheGodKiller
This, too.

thumb up

Marvell ****ed up big time by trying to desperately make their own Superman, especially when they already had good enough analogues in the form of Thor and (arguably)the Silver Surfer.

TheHulk
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
thumb up

Marvell ****ed up big time by trying to desperately make their own Superman, especially when they already had good enough analogues in the form of Thor and (arguably)the Silver Surfer. SS? No unarguable!

yaadaveyaa
he'l couldnt mess with his mind sentry has the better tp feat sentry wins all around and this is spite using void 10/10

yaadaveyaa
and yes sentry will be back and it wont be pretty

bbrem123
Yep. Him, Banshee, Grim Reaper, and Daken. WTF? WTF? I dont get that shit

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
sentry inserted in the 616 was crap.

the beauty of his mini was its self-contained continuity and the sacrifice he made to banish the void from the world. by bringing him into the fold, they first butchered his character and then a dozen others.

Yup, he should have ended with the self contained Marvel Knight series.

That way continuity wouldn't be butchered and neither was Sentry's character and what he represented. It's funny how the Sentry persona started out more powerful than the Void one arguably and now Sentry is considered the weak link.

Regarding this fight, Reynolds at his best obviously stomps, whatever the persona is (In the original miniseries he was probably more powerful than all the other heroes in Marvel put together). But after he was reintroduced into the Marvel Universe, he couldn't exist as what he once was, hence the teary-eyed wimp Bendis wrote him as half the time. H'el can beat that version depending on his mental state.

tkitna
so this is siege sentry/void?

I think Siege Sentry/Void is lowballing the character. The Void that was walking through the Avengers, X-Men, Strange, and whoever else seemed more uber. The heros were barely noticed by him.

Tony Stark
SENTRY stomps H'el

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
He'L stomps SENTRY

thumb up We finally agree upon something. wink

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Golgo13
thumb up We finally agree upon something. wink

no expression

Golgo13
laughing out loud

Khazra Reborn
Sentry can suck my balls, H'el beats his yellow ass.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup, he should have ended with the self contained Marvel Knight series.

That way continuity wouldn't be butchered and neither was Sentry's character and what he represented. It's funny how the Sentry persona started out more powerful than the Void one arguably and now Sentry is considered the weak link.

Regarding this fight, Reynolds at his best obviously stomps, whatever the persona is (In the original miniseries he was probably more powerful than all the other heroes in Marvel put together). But after he was reintroduced into the Marvel Universe, he couldn't exist as what he once was, hence the teary-eyed wimp Bendis wrote him as half the time. H'el can beat that version depending on his mental state.

I agree.

The problem wasn't with Sentry, the problem was with Bendis.

Bendis tends to ruin character other people create. Paul Jenkins did an ok job with the Sentry Mini. By all accounts it should've ended there but no, Bendis dug him up, gave him inconsistent showings, ****ed his origins really bad and boosted him again only to have him killed.

Oeming did a good character revamp of Ares, what did he do? Turned him into a team player and got him killed by Sentry.

Same goes with Scarlet Witch and chaos magic, Doctor Strange, Dr Voodoo(lol propped him big time only to **** him up), etc

SevenShackles
Originally posted by bbrem123
WTF? WTF? I dont get that shit
Current Avengers made up of 50/50 roster of x-men and avengers so obviously apoc's horsemen must also follow the new rules of 50/50 shifty

carver9
Sentry wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I agree.

The problem wasn't with Sentry, the problem was with Bendis.

Bendis tends to ruin character other people create. Paul Jenkins did an ok job with the Sentry Mini. By all accounts it should've ended there but no, Bendis dug him up, gave him inconsistent showings, ****ed his origins really bad and boosted him again only to have him killed.

Oeming did a good character revamp of Ares, what did he do? Turned him into a team player and got him killed by Sentry.

Same goes with Scarlet Witch and chaos magic, Doctor Strange, Dr Voodoo(lol propped him big time only to **** him up), etc

He did the same to Pym after Dan Slott spent two years revitalising and building up the character.

Dolos
Superman's mutations are greater than Sentry's, from showings of abilities and on panel statements in DCnU so far Superman is more powerful than his former post-crisis self. His mutations, however, should be greater than any other Kryptonian as he has been exposed to yellow sunlight the longest, however his constant restraint when dealing with people seems to have affected the advance of his limitless developing metagenes. H'el shares no such disadvantage. He slaughters.

curryman
Originally posted by tkitna
I think Siege Sentry/Void is lowballing the character. The Void that was walking through the Avengers, X-Men, Strange, and whoever else seemed more uber. The heros were barely noticed by him.

Never saw him walk through Thor smile

And I think H'el would make paste out of all those teams combined.

In fact by beating DCNU Superman, Supergirl, etc he probably took on a tougher team than marvel earth can muster on most days.

Originally posted by Dolos
Superman's mutations are greater than Sentry's, from showings of abilities and on panel statements in DCnU so far Superman is more powerful than his former post-crisis self. His mutations, however, should be greater than any other Kryptonian as he has been exposed to yellow sunlight the longest, however his constant restraint when dealing with people seems to have affected the advance of his limitless developing metagenes. H'el shares no such disadvantage. He slaughters. what mutations, dolos? and how are they greater than sentry's?

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Dolos
Superman's mutations are greater than Sentry's, from showings of abilities and on panel statements in DCnU so far Superman is more powerful than his former post-crisis self. His mutations, however, should be greater than any other Kryptonian as he has been exposed to yellow sunlight the longest, however his constant restraint when dealing with people seems to have affected the advance of his limitless developing metagenes. H'el shares no such disadvantage. He slaughters.

What's this? I don't even...

Lord Feron
Wow there is a lot of superman wanking... it's almost impressively pathetic...

bbrem123

In fact by beating DCNU Superman, Supergirl, etc he probably took on a tougher team than marvel earth can muster on most days. No just no.

Go read the first mini series of Sentry then try posting again.

Rage.Of.Olympus

In fact by beating DCNU Superman, Supergirl, etc he probably took on a tougher team than marvel earth can muster on most days.

Lol?

Void was walking through the Inhumans, X-men, Avengers, Fantastic Four and Dr. Strange.

And for the last decade, Thor, Hulk and a few other elites (Depending on the era Dr. Strange, X-man, Sentry, Genis etc.) reside on earth so that statement is untrue.

tkitna

Heck, the Void from Siege was seconds away from killing Thor before he got distracted. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Damborgson
Heck, the Void from Siege was seconds away from killing Thor before he got distracted. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

He had him in a hold...could he have killed him? Sure, I guess. Thor could have blown him off of him had he felt like too though.

carver9
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Wow there is a lot of superman wanking... it's almost impressively pathetic...

bbrem123
Originally posted by Damborgson
He had him in a hold...could he have killed him? Sure, I guess. Thor could have blown him off of him had he felt like too though. ??wtf

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
What's this? I don't even...

Everything he said up until the last point is arguably true.

Raisen
He had him in a hold...could he have killed him? Sure, I guess. Thor could have blown him off of him had he felt like too though.

Just leave it be please

Damborgson
??wtf

The assumption that because Voidtry had Thor in a hold, means he had him dead to rights, is ridiculous in my eyes. The void had Thor dead to rights in the beginning of Siege #4, but not Siege #3.
Originally posted by Raisen
Just leave it be please

Why? I couldn't care less if you want me to so hope you have a good reason thumb up

Mindset
Void could have tentacle raped Thor if he were so inclined.

That's all that matters.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Mindset
Void could have tentacle raped Thor if he were so inclined.

That's all that matters. thumb up

JakeTheBank

Yeah, H'el isn't taking on the team that Void did in his original mini. And it's doubtful H'el could have dealt with Norn Stone amped Loki + Avengers from Siege either. And no, H'el couldn't take on the toughest team Marvel Earth can summon nowadays. That said...

H'el can take on Sentry in his average and b1tchy portrayals. High end Sentry that does shit like no sell death, stalemate Genis, easily shatter Terrax's axe, etc. is something else.

curryman
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol?

Void was walking through the Inhumans, X-men, Avengers, Fantastic Four and Dr. Strange.

And for the last decade, Thor, Hulk and a few other elites (Depending on the era Dr. Strange, X-man, Sentry, Genis etc.) reside on earth so that statement is untrue.

So of the people of note that the Void actually fought there was Dr.Strange and Black Bolt. And the only time we saw something resembling an ACTUAL FIGHT all Strange was doing was shielding Robert and Emma.

No just no.

Go read the first mini series of Sentry then try posting again.

Go read it yourself.

Where's the fight with Thor? All I remember is a bunch of black tentacles in the sky and the heroes looking up.

Naija boy
Sentry at his best wins. Sentry affected by mental issues loses

TheHulk
Originally posted by Naija boy
Sentry at his best wins. Sentry affected by mental issues loses This like i said

bbrem123
So of the people of note that the Void actually fought there was Dr.Strange and Black Bolt. And the only time we saw something resembling an ACTUAL FIGHT all Strange was doing was shielding Robert and Emma.

Go read it yourself.

Where's the fight with Thor? All I remember is a bunch of black tentacles in the sky and the heroes looking up. your arguing one you cant win man...you are wrong

curryman
your arguing one you cant win man...you are wrong

You are wrong.

You're arguing one you can't win, man.

Unless you happen to have some magic scans of Void walking through Thor effortlessly cause I sure as shit didn't see 'em in any of the Sentry's appearances smile

bbrem123
haha you are the only one arguing it...fail

-Pr-
H'el can take on Sentry in his average and b1tchy portrayals. High end Sentry that does shit like no sell death, stalemate Genis, easily shatter Terrax's axe, etc. is something else.

thumb up

TheHulk
thumb up That's basically what i said but lol no one seems to agree me...or us....

curryman
haha you are the only one arguing it...fail

Okay, keep trolling.

Waiting on those scans of Void actually throwing down with Thor and not only beating him, but barely acknowledging his presence.

-Pr-
That's basically what i said but lol no one seems to agree me...or us....

I agree with you, if you said the same thing.

TheHulk
I agree with you, if you said the same thing. I did say the same thing I promise but anyway lol The Sentry in his highest showing can beat H'el not easy but for a good majority and with that said lol when are you going to finish counting the votes....cause I wanna start voting Sentry for High Herald and possibly Trans(Low) smile

-Pr-
I did say the same thing I promise but anyway lol The Sentry in his highest showing can beat H'el not easy but for a good majority and with that said lol when are you going to finish counting the votes....cause I wanna start voting Sentry for High Herald and possibly Trans(Low) smile

I'm working on them right now. Just a lot to go through and double check.

And you're going to have to choose which one you'd prefer. If you want to vote, you could use two sentrys. One with void, one without, to make things clearer.

TheHulk
I'm working on them right now. Just a lot to go through and double check.

And you're going to have to choose which one you'd prefer. If you want to vote, you could use two sentrys. One with void, one without, to make things clearer. So that means Sentry,Voidtry and Void are seperate?

-Pr-
So that means Sentry,Voidtry and Void are seperate?

Voidtry and Void are interchangeable, so you can say they're the same creature.

Sentry would be separate though, yeah.

mighty adam
Voidtry and Void are interchangeable, so you can say they're the same creature.

Sentry would be separate though, yeah. at his best I'll say he's low trans. But it seems alot of characters have like a few really high end feats and the rest are trash.

-Pr-
Sentry in Void mode has very few low feats, if any.

tkitna
Okay, keep trolling.

Waiting on those scans of Void actually throwing down with Thor and not only beating him, but barely acknowledging his presence.

As you'll notice, if Bob wasnt called to go and bring down Asgard, Thor was in some deep crap.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_021.jpghttp://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_024.jpg

Void is looking pretty nonchalant to me and Thor was no threat. He was lucky to have escaped that instance with his life as he was about to be decapitated. As for Thor blowing the Void back during that scuffle, I would hope he would use something more powerful then the blast Bob nosold in the first panel.

Oh yeah, that would be fear in Thors face also. Just thought i'd bring that up. LOL

curryman
Void is looking pretty nonchalant to me and Thor was no threat. He was lucky to have escaped that instance with his life as he was about to be decapitated. As for Thor blowing the Void back during that scuffle, I would hope he would use something more powerful then the blast Bob nosold in the first panel.

Oh yeah, that would be fear in Thors face also. Just thought i'd bring that up. LOL

That's a lot of speculation of what would've happened.

I like fanfics as much as the next guy, but if the best example you have of void "completely walking through Thor and the Avengers" is an extensive fight where Thor and Voidtry trade hits for several panels then yeah....

Also notice that neither of us were talking about Siege Voidtry (which you claimed was lowballing the character). You were referring to Void's prior portrayals where he allegedly beat Thor without noticing him, of which I asked for proof. And then you post scans from Siege Voidtry, the one who was apparently a lowballer.

TheHulk
As you'll notice, if Bob wasnt called to go and bring down Asgard, Thor was in some deep crap.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_021.jpghttp://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_024.jpg

Oh yeah, that would be fear in Thors face also. Just thought i'd bring that up. LOL thumb up

bbrem123

Oh yeah, that would be fear in Thors face also. Just thought i'd bring that up. LOL thumb up

dont have the scan on hand but in Sentry's first mini series almost every hero and villain were trying to fight back the void, thor included. They could do nothing until Sentry steps in and ends it.

tkitna
That's a lot of speculation of what would've happened.

So you feel Thor was in a good place during those scans? laughing out loud

There was no several panels to be had. Thor was up against the ropes and Bob let him go. Why your having a hard time seeing that is beyond me, but believe what you want to believe. I hope you realize that the fact that the Void even perished in the story was because Bob basically commited suicide right?

I posted scenes from Siege because Thor was powerless even against that weaker version. I'll do the homework for you and try to post the scans of a prior Void walking through the hero's with barely a notice.

curryman
So you feel Thor was in a good place during those scans? laughing out loud

Not at all.

I'm saying that the Void didn't walk through Thor without noticing him.

Doesn't even matter if he was winning.

They fought for several panels.

Voidtry took hits.

He noticed Thor.

They exchanged blows.

Your statement about Void beating Thor without even noticing him is wrong.

There was no several panels to be had. Thor was up against the ropes and Bob let him go. Why your having a hard time seeing that is beyond me, but believe what you want to believe. I hope you realize that the fact that the Void even perished in the story was because Bob basically commited suicide right?

Yes everyone's seen the interview.

I posted scenes from Siege because Thor was powerless even against that weaker version. I'll do the homework for you and try to post the scans of a prior Void walking through the hero's with barely a notice.

It's a weaker version based off of the fact that he didn't stomp Thor like he did earlier? Which he never did ? laughing

Powerless? Clearly the interpretations of a sad Sentry-fanboy.

Why don't you go do your own god damn homework and read up EVERY OTHER character in the Marvel Universe and then H'el. And you'll see how deep Sentry is in it.

mighty adam
Sentry in Void mode has very few low feats, if any. sentry in void mode stalemated wwh that was ass he shouldn't lost he should have walked right threw him period. They could've use some other character to job to the hulk. That was a low feat in sentry history kinda worst then when spiderman made hulk knock himself out.

-Pr-
Sentry when he fought WWH was offering himself up as a punching bag. He wasn't working at his best by any means.

TheGodKiller
sentry in void mode stalemated wwh that was ass he should haven't lost he should have walked right threw him period. They could've use some other character to job to the hulk. That was a low feat in sentry history kinda worst then when spider made hulk knock himself out.
Sentry was never in Void mode when he fought Green Scar.

Damborgson

No sold? You have some reading issues there dude thumb up

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/18863/2939252-screen_shot_2013_03_19_at_7.10.22_pm.png

See what happened there? Ares damaged the Sentry, and part of the void came out of the hole. When Thor used that attack on Sentry, a large amount of hos body was blown open. His entire back was gone as that is where the void was sticking out of. That attack would have straight up killed Sentry. That was far from no selling anything at all.

And Thor showed later that when the chips were down, he can break through the voids hold.

Fact is, in the later encounter, Thor showed that he also has what it takes to duke it out with Void and basically manhandle him. He was blasting him all over the place with lightning, and in the Void's attempt to once again hold Thor down, Thor broke the hold and one shot him. It's more than clear that while Thor was at a disadvantage, the chances of him being killed were still slim. He's not Ares.

He was in trouble. Did you expect him to be laughing or something? erm

bbrem123

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/18863/2939252-screen_shot_2013_03_19_at_7.10.22_pm.png

See what happened there? Ares damaged the Sentry, and part of the void came out of the hole. When Thor used that attack on Sentry, a large amount of hos body was blown open. His entire back was gone as that is where the void was sticking out of. That attack would have straight up killed Sentry. That was far from no selling anything at all.

And Thor showed later that when the chips were down, he can break through the voids hold.

Fact is, in the later encounter, Thor showed that he also has what it takes to duke it out with Void and basically manhandle him. He was blasting him all over the place with lightning, and in the Void's attempt to once again hold Thor down, Thor broke the hold and one shot him. It's more than clear that while Thor was at a disadvantage, the chances of him being killed were still slim. He's not Ares.

He was in trouble. Did you expect him to be laughing or something? erm wow read the context of the story before posting like this

Damborgson
wow read the context of the story before posting like this

Be specific or don't post.

I assume you're talking about the norn stone recharge right? The one that was lost after Loki died and everyone lost the boost that it gave?

tkitna

See what happened there? Ares damaged the Sentry, and part of the void came out of the hole. When Thor used that attack on Sentry, a large amount of hos body was blown open. His entire back was gone as that is where the void was sticking out of.

Are you trying to make point here? Bob didnt even have a grimace on his face. Ok, technically there may have been physical damage for a brief second, but did that even slow him down for any amount of time? He was on top of Thor in the next panel. I suppose i'll rephrase myself and instead of saying a word like no sell, lets me just say Thors blast was highly ineffective. Ares shot looked like it rocked Bob for a second, but we all know what that got him.

Lets say that Thor's blast would have killed Sentry, what would that accomplish? A KMC forum win maybe on technical terms (thats a big maybe too)? Even so, why wouldnt Bob just pop up again as he has done numerous times before? Its really a fight that Thor can not win.

With no outside interference or distractions? The fact that your even arguing that Thor can hang with the Void is astonishing.

Thor manhandling the Void? Good lord. Thor has no business even being on the same battlefield as the Void and would be powerless to do anything to him if it wasnt for Bob's constant struggle to regain control and the story reeking of CIS/PIS due to Bendis. As for Thor being no Ares, he might as well be in this scenario.

I expect him to die as he should have.

tkitna
This is the representation of the Void that should be used when speaking of him. The one where mere hero's such as Strange, the X-Men, FF4 are mere hinderances and nothing more, because thats all they really are.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/khashmonet/NoRight-1.jpg

I need to try to find the rest of the images from that story.

curryman
You're trapped in some misguided sentry-wank when all we're doing is referring to a specific statement about him beating Thor casually.

tkitna
I guess the respect thread has a bunch of scans, but a good bit of the links are broken. This last scan puts it into perspective though, The Void was never damaged, nor really bothered by the hero's and they had no answer whatsoever. The only defense they showed in the storyline was holding him back with the combined efforts of Stranges, Sue's, and Iron Mans shields and i'm not even sure if they really held him back.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2848/66810262.jpg

To think Thor can hang with such a character is laughable when the combined might of all those hero's couldnt even scratch him. If people want to hold onto Bendis' sad storyline then so be it.

tkitna
You're trapped in some misguided sentry-wank when all we're doing is referring to a specific statement about him beating Thor casually.

There are only early scans from the mini that show Thor in the midst of hero's that are fighting the Void, but they are powerless to beat him. It took Bob to overthrow the Void as usual.

My argument was that Thor should have no business ever beating the Void if it werent for Bendis writing a story for the sole purpose of killing the character off. It was poorly done as Bendis is so famous for and I consider the Siege Void as a low showing for him when other stories have him portrayed as much more powerful. Thor could never walk through that group of hero's like the Void did. Thor would have been killed.

curryman
My argument was that Thor should have no business ever beating the Void if it werent for Bendis writing a story for the sole purpose of killing the character off. It was poorly done as Bendis is so famous for and I consider the Siege Void as a low showing for him when other stories have him portrayed as much more powerful. Thor could never walk through that group of hero's like the Void did. Thor would have been killed.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I agree that Sentry was done a disservice once it moved beyond Jenkins, but if you think that his fluctuating power-level is what killed the character then you must never have cared much for Sentry in the first place.

Could Void have no-sold Thor no problem? Maybe.

Did he? No.

So let's stop claiming that he did.

tkitna
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I agree that Sentry was done a disservice once it moved beyond Jenkins, but if you think that his fluctuating power-level is what killed the character then you must never have cared much for Sentry in the first place.

Could Void have no-sold Thor no problem? Maybe.

Did he? No.

So let's stop claiming that he did.

No he didn't (under the pen of Bendis). Spiderman beat up Firelord too. Same difference. Some people will go around and believe Thor has a chance against a character like the Void while the majority of comic book readers will use common sense.

curryman
No he didn't (under the pen of Bendis). Spiderman beat up Firelord too. Same difference. Some people will go around and believe Thor has a chance against a character like the Void while the majority of comic book readers will use common sense.

If you feel that Sentry was weak under Bendis, have a look at his Thor and Dr.Strange then. Goldeboy isn't the only pet-project Bendis has ruined either smile

Not under the pen of anyone did the Void beat casually beat Thor.
Maybe he was capable, but he did not.

H'el on the other hand did casually defeat Flash, Superman, Superboy and others. Superman let loose like he never had before and laid into him as best he could. That's more than enough force to lift the planet for days slamming into H'el's chin dozens of time. At the same time H'el supporting a massive construct psionically. After the beatdown he's still able to more or less one-shot Superman.

tkitna

See what happened there? Ares damaged the Sentry, and part of the void came out of the hole. When Thor used that attack on Sentry, a large amount of hos body was blown open. His entire back was gone as that is where the void was sticking out of. That attack would have straight up killed Sentry. That was far from no selling anything at all

Actually, looking at the scan again, he did no sell the blast. Bob changing into the Void form isn't the same as having his body blown apart. You can clearly see his legs when he is transforming. It doesnt make sense that his back got blown off either when he received the blast face first. The look in Thors eyes in this scan tells the story. He knew he was screwed.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_021.jpg

TheGodKiller
@Damborgson: Doesn't really seem that Thor blew up most of his body. It does seem like he's tanking it though. /shrug

Tony Stark
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
he'l couldnt mess with his mind sentry has the better tp feat sentry wins all around and this is spite using void 10/10

yes

EXACTAMUNDO

Tony Stark

You are 100% correct... SENTRY walked through THOR's blast without a blink. I love THOR and he's one of my Top 5 favorites but, He almost died right then and there.

Damborgson
@Damborgson: Doesn't really seem that Thor blew up most of his body. It does seem like he's tanking it though. /shrug Why is that? The void came out of damaged areas. An entire portion of his back had to have been missing for so much of the void to have been released.

Damborgson
Are you trying to make point here? Bob didnt even have a grimace on his face. Ok, technically there may have been physical damage for a brief second, but did that even slow him down for any amount of time? He was on top of Thor in the next panel. I suppose i'll rephrase myself and instead of saying a word like no sell, lets me just say Thors blast was highly ineffective. Ares shot looked like it rocked Bob for a second, but we all know what that got him.

Lets say that Thor's blast would have killed Sentry, what would that accomplish? A KMC forum win maybe on technical terms (thats a big maybe too)? Even so, why wouldnt Bob just pop up again as he has done numerous times before? Its really a fight that Thor can not win.

With no outside interference or distractions? The fact that your even arguing that Thor can hang with the Void is astonishing.

Thor manhandling the Void? Good lord. Thor has no business even being on the same battlefield as the Void and would be powerless to do anything to him if it wasnt for Bob's constant struggle to regain control and the story reeking of CIS/PIS due to Bendis. As for Thor being no Ares, he might as well be in this scenario.

I expect him to die as he should have.

It blows up your argument of him "no selling" anything. Which is the point. I shouldn't have to tell you that. Ares didn't do much of anything, but so what? I used him to prove that the more Bob was damaged, the more of the void came out.

A KMC win is all it takes. Since it would've straight up killed Sentry. Would he have resurrected? I'm sure he would have. When? Who knows.

I'm not arguing power levels so much as I'm arguing occurrences in the comics.

So you didn't read Siege? You didn't see the void's power being blown back by Thor's lightning and then the void being shot into the sky and slammed into the ground by said lightning? Before the helicarrier instance.

That's irrelevant and nothing indicates he'd have been in danger of dying. Not in that instance anyway. In Siege 4 yeah, there was no sign Thor would have recovered without Loki's help. Not Siege 3 though.

Originally posted by Tony Stark
You are 100% correct... SENTRY walked through THOR's blast without a blink. I love THOR and he's one of my Top 5 favorites but, He almost died right then and there.

Sentry, specifically, would have died. That was all the void's glory.

TheGodKiller
Why is that? The void came out of damaged areas. An entire portion of his back had to have been missing for so much of the void to have been released.
I don't really know. To me, it seemed more like the Void was coming out in the form of a GL-esque construct from his body. That doesn't necessarily imply that his back had been destroyed.

Apart from that the only damage that I can tell is the torn clothes portrayed by the art, which is superficial at best.

Damborgson
I don't really know. To me, it seemed more like the Void was coming out in the form of a GL-esque construct from his body. That doesn't necessarily imply that his back had been destroyed.

Apart from that the only damage that I can tell is the torn clothes portrayed by the art, which is superficial at best.

It's Bendis, and since we all know he sometimes forgets what he's writing about in the middle of a miniseries, I can understand the doubt, but if you look at what the only other damaging attack he took did to him, release part of the void from the wound, then it'd make sense that due to the damage received, even more of the void came out. He tanked the hammershots without a scratch though.

quanchi112
If you feel that Sentry was weak under Bendis, have a look at his Thor and Dr.Strange then. Goldeboy isn't the only pet-project Bendis has ruined either smile

Not under the pen of anyone did the Void beat casually beat Thor.
Maybe he was capable, but he did not.

H'el on the other hand did casually defeat Flash, Superman, Superboy and others. Superman let loose like he never had before and laid into him as best he could. That's more than enough force to lift the planet for days slamming into H'el's chin dozens of time. At the same time H'el supporting a massive construct psionically. After the beatdown he's still able to more or less one-shot Superman. Please tell me you aren't serious. Void is on another level entirely than H'el.

bbrem123
It's Bendis, and since we all know he sometimes forgets what he's writing about in the middle of a miniseries, I can understand the doubt, but if you look at what the only other damaging attack he took did to him, release part of the void from the wound, then it'd make sense that due to the damage received, even more of the void came out. He tanked the hammershots without a scratch though. i dont see it as damage...more like breaking his shell to reveal his true form...reminds me of Edgar and the giant cockroach in MIB haha

Damborgson
i dont see it as damage...more like breaking his shell to reveal his true form...reminds me of Edgar and the giant cockroach in MIB haha

Yep. But the shell was Sentry's body. Which is still a high herald body. To break off the shell, he destroyed Sentry's body with the lightning.

lmao. Been a long time since I've seen MIB.

ankur29
Yep. But the shell was Sentry's body. Which is still a high herald body. To break off the shell, he destroyed Sentry's body with the lightning.

lmao. Been a long time since I've seen MIB.

sentrys body was already weakened from having ares's admantium axe go through it

TheGodKiller
It's Bendis, and since we all know he sometimes forgets what he's writing about in the middle of a miniseries, I can understand the doubt, but if you look at what the only other damaging attack he took did to him, release part of the void from the wound, then it'd make sense that due to the damage received, even more of the void came out. He tanked the hammershots without a scratch though.
Fair enough.

Zack M
1. H'el.

2. Sentry.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Philosophía
H'el shitstomps in both.

The only Sentry that has a chance against him is Death Sentry.

quanchi112

carver9
Sentry wins.

Zack M
Pretty much.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
Pretty much. Based on ?

RealityWarper
Based on ?

Bias.

It's like The Force in Star Wars but stronger in a Battle Forum.

Utrigita
H'el ftw.

psycho gundam
Nobody really seems to debate in threads anymore

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Nobody really seems to debate in threads anymore I disagree, and here's why

SquallX
I disagree, and here's why

laughing you *******.

That was pretty funny.

quanchi112
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Bias.

It's like The Force in Star Wars but stronger in a Battle Forum. Couldn't agree more.

Zack M
I disagree, and here's why

laughing out loud

Rao Kal El

psycho gundam
True

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.