Namor vs 50 Megalodons (Prehistoric Shark)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sundipped
So I saw the Batman vs Silverbacks thread and I got to thinking after I saw Rao mention Namor vs 100 sharks somewhere.

But instead of great whites, I wanna pit Namor against 50 megalodons (prehistoric shark) in the Arctic Ocean with glaciers 100 yards away from him on each side. Sharks steady swimming in through each channel (4).

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/Ult_namor_head_zps3e4ce3ec.jpg

vs

50 megalodons
1 = 32 tons 50 ft.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/Megalodon_scale1_zpsd47011c6.png

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/megalodonfoto_zpscf750eb8.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/megalodon4g_zpsdec30076.jpg

I'm interested in what people have to say about this. If it's spite one way or the other that was not my intention.

Estacado
Lulz Namor one shots them...

abhilegend
Namor.

leonidas
lol these threads are funny. anyway, yeah, unlike bats, namor is high cl100 underwater and has speed enough to be able to avoid them pretty easily. he'd slaughter them. even if some of them got hold of him he could survive with his durability underwater. more importantly, if they are like there ancestors, he'd likely only have to kill a couple before they turned on the dead ones to feast. he's got a few ways to deal with these things.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Estacado
Lulz Namor one shots them...

Ok cool.
But remember there are at least a minimum of 4 attacking simultaneously throughout the course of the battle. How tough is his skin?

Sundipped
This is the size of one tooth but it would be waaay sharper.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/megalodon-1_zps6827133c.jpg

Sundipped
Originally posted by leonidas
lol these threads are funny. anyway, yeah, unlike bats, namor is high cl100 underwater and has speed enough to be able to avoid them pretty easily. he'd slaughter them. even if some of them got hold of him he could survive with his durability underwater. more importantly, if they are like there ancestors, he'd likely only have to kill a couple before they turned on the dead ones to feast. he's got a few ways to deal with these things.

Yeah you do have a point. I guess it depends on his durability.
This would be in the event that the sharks don't turn on each other though. I'd like to leave their biological instincts out of it.

Omega Vision
Lol they probably couldn't hurt him if he let them get at him and didn't fight back or evade.

celeyhyga17
Spite against sharks.

Sundipped
Can anyone show me any durability feats for Namor involving piercing?

Silent_Bomber
50 of these?

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jesusarnold/holy.gif

big grin

leonidas
Originally posted by Sundipped
Can anyone show me any durability feats for Namor involving piercing?

well, he's bullet proof (even large calibre). we've seen logan stab him pretty deeply, but once he was in the water, the piercing was either healed or completely able to be disregarded. i'm sure if one latched on to him they could do some damage, but with his overwhelming speed advantage, i don't see how they catch him. he could EASILY grab one and literally use it to batter the others to death he's that strong underwater. a shockwave underwater would scatter and seriously disorient them (and maybe ko a few), an underwater tornado would take a bunch, if not all out......

namor's a beast in his element.

TheGodKiller
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t400428.html

The numbers are different, but the threads are pretty much the same.

LeonBuco666
Namor, vs 50 big ass sharks, I feel sorry for the sharks......the picture is what namor will do to those big sharks literally

zopzop
Sharks die horribly

bluewaterrider
I seem to remember some episode where a person shot at Namor and it actually ricocheted off his skin and hit and killed someone's father. The young lady tried to get revenge using a magic trident or something of the like, mistakenly blaming Namor for the death.

That would have been many, many years ago.

I'm not sure, a la Hulk, if Namor is as durable now or in recent years as he would have been back during that time.

Again, these things change.

For instance, in Hulk #181, the debut of Wolverine, Wolverine fought Hulk and tried to use his claws as weapons against Hulk.

They did not cut. They were actually more effective against the magically protected Wendigo than Hulk himself.

Flash forward to the era of World War Hulk. Wolverine's blades now cut not only Hulk but several Hulk derivatives, including Red Hulk and Red She-Hulk. They don't do lasting damage because they are healed, but they DO inflict damage, which they did not before with a theoretically (slightly) weaker incarnation. Hulk has traded a measure of invulnerability for healing and/or regeneration.

Has Namor? I have no idea.
If he IS still tough enough to refect bullet fire, he should be tough enough to handle teeth, even Megalodon teeth.

In which case he takes this fairly easily, since the only real weapon against him then would be the acid in the belly of these sharks if one or more managed to swallow him.

Again, though, the history is confusing. I seem likewise to remember Sub-Mariner's cousin, Namorita, getting shot by something that pierced her, some kind of edged harpoon by a villain named Sea Urchin.
However, this might be analagous to Wonder Woman, where comparatively rounded projectiles do no damage but sharp ones do.

At any rate, if the speed and strength of Sub-Mariner's little female cousin here are an accurate indication, the sharks are actually at a disadvantage:

Newjak
Imperius Rex

h1a8
being bullet proof is not a guarantee against their bites.
There teeth is much sharper than bullets, harder than bullets, and their jaws probably provide more force than most bullets anyway.
What type of bullets did Namor tank? Aircraft? machine gun?

Lord Feron
I feel like he could just swim into their mouth and punch his way out of the tail with little effort... Or grab one and use it as a club to hit off the other sharks... or other similarly cartoony things he could do.

SamZED
This is the size of one tooth but it would be waaay sharper.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/megalodon-1_zps6827133c.jpg And now imagine 3 thousand of those but all broken to pieces. Because that's what's gonna happen once they try to take a bite off Namor. cool

comicfan11
Namor makes them extinct again

Sundipped
Originally posted by leonidas
well, he's bullet proof (even large calibre). we've seen logan stab him pretty deeply, but once he was in the water, the piercing was either healed or completely able to be disregarded. i'm sure if one latched on to him they could do some damage, but with his overwhelming speed advantage, i don't see how they catch him. he could EASILY grab one and literally use it to batter the others to death he's that strong underwater. a shockwave underwater would scatter and seriously disorient them (and maybe ko a few), an underwater tornado would take a bunch, if not all out......

namor's a beast in his element.

Well after looking up some feats I'm afraid you're right.
I knew the strength was there but I wasn't sure about the speed. I was going to have some come up from underneath and make the quarters closer but it may still be to no avail even though I believe the sharks could manage a few bites under those conditions.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t400428.html

The numbers are different, but the threads are pretty much the same.

Except his sharks are featherweight at 15 tons. thumb down
If I got a dollar for every duplicate or similar thread I've seen on this forum throughout the years, I could buy KMC.

Originally posted by SamZED
And now imagine 3 thousand of those but all broken to pieces. Because that's what's gonna happen once they try to take a bite off Namor. cool

I'm still not sold on him totally resisting teeth that would be much sharper than in that pic and the jaw pressure behind it.

TheGodKiller
Except his sharks are featherweight at 15 tons. thumb down
If I got a dollar for every duplicate or similar thread I've seen on this forum throughout the years, I could buy KMC.
He merely got the wrong estimates. He probably didn't do the full research on those sharks them.

On that same note, your own weights are underrating the prehistoric shark, as a 50 ft megalodon is estimated to be around 45+ metric tons.

Sundipped
^
I guess different sources have different estimates.
We'll go with the 45+ metric tons. The more weight the better.

armedforbattle
I think you are underestimating Namor very badly.
In water the dude is at least class 100 strength. Which I'm sure is more than enough power to kill a shark in one hit (megalodon or not)
And he would have a ridiculous speed advantage.
He was shown to go 345 mph underwater... I guarantee no shark seems that fast.
He has tanked Cyclops unvisored blast.
Underwater he was shown to be stronger then Hercules.
Tbh, he could probably just swim fast enough to swim straight through them.

Sundipped
Originally posted by armedforbattle
I think you are underestimating Namor very badly.
In water the dude is at least class 100 strength. Which I'm sure is more than enough power to kill a shark in one hit (megalodon or not)
And he would have a ridiculous speed advantage.
He was shown to go 345 mph underwater... I guarantee no shark seems that fast.
He has tanked Cyclops unvisored blast.
Underwater he was shown to be stronger then Hercules.
Tbh, he could probably just swim fast enough to swim straight through them.

Do you read the previous posts?

Well after looking up some feats I'm afraid you're right.
I knew the strength was there but I wasn't sure about the speed.

h1a8
I'm going to say that the Sharks either get Namor in the end or Namor is severely injured in the end (assuming Average Namor).

High end Namor smokes them though.

the Darkone
Namor will have new body suites!

h1a8
Average Namor would get ate.
High end Namor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
Average Namor would get ate.
High end Namor wins.

So basically Namor stomps. Namor doesn't have to be high end to win this. High end Namor is on the same level of strength as the Elites (Has slugged it out with Thor, Hulk, Blue Marvel etc.), has planetary level strength, can swim faster than the Quinjet, has electric powers etc.

High end Namor is overkill. Average out Namor's showings and he still wrecks them.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So basically Namor stomps. Namor doesn't have to be high end to win this. High end Namor is on the same level of strength as the Elites (Has slugged it out with Thor, Hulk, Blue Marvel etc.), has planetary level strength, can swim faster than the Quinjet, has electric powers etc.

High end Namor is overkill. Average out Namor's showings and he still wrecks them. Namor is only NEAR the same level has Thor, Savage Hulk, etc. when they are not at high end levels but much lower levels. Do you understand? Average Namor in my opinion operates at about 100-500 tons of strength. Average Savage Hulk around the same if not a little more. Classic Thor around the same too.

Namor at best has shown about 50,000-100,000 tons of strength. This is hardly planetary. Thor doesn't even have planetary strength on average (not even at his highest).

You overestimate these guys (Hulk, Thor, etc.) Those sharks would bite the hell out of them too (average levels). These sharks have razor sharp teeth that's harder than steel with insane jaw pressure. They can bite through steel like it aint shit. Hulk, Thor, etc. on average has and can be cut by sharp fairly durable weapons.

Stop taking a character's highest showing as a measuring stick to someone else. Otherwise I can say Colossus has planetary strength since he went toe to toe with Gladiator, Hulk, etc.

JakeTheBank
Wtf?

Average Thor and Hulk would obliterate those sharks. Namor would probably fare better due to his underwater maneuverability. He'd probably allow himself to be eaten, punch through one shark's body and watch as they went nuts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor is only NEAR the same level has Thor, Savage Hulk, etc. when they are not at high end levels but much lower levels. Do you understand? Average Namor in my opinion operates at about 100-500 tons of strength. Average Savage Hulk around the same if not a little more. Classic Thor around the same too.

Namor at best has shown about 50,000-100,000 tons of strength. This is hardly planetary. Thor doesn't even have planetary strength on average (not even at his highest).

You overestimate these guys (Hulk, Thor, etc.) Those sharks would bite the hell out of them too (average levels). These sharks have razor sharp teeth that's harder than steel with insane jaw pressure. They can bite through steel like it aint shit. Hulk, Thor, etc. on average has and can be cut by sharp fairly durable weapons.

Stop taking a character's highest showing as a measuring stick to someone else. Otherwise I can say Colossus has planetary strength since he went toe to toe with Gladiator, Hulk, etc.

Yes I understand, you have no idea what you're talking about. Average Hulk, Thor and Namor are around 500 tons. What exactly are you basing this on?

How on earth can you even begin to make up an average number that specific when you know absolutely shit about these characters you troll?

Also, your preconceived notions are getting out of hand, I have no idea why this shit is tolerated on the boards. How can you compare Colossus trading punches with Gladiator for a few panels (Before Bryne even established him as an Elite Superman clone) to the dozens of times Namor has gone toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Sentry etc. (Pretty much every notable strong-man) and looked competitive if not straight up equal. He's even tussled briefly with Blue Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer and did well apparently.

Namor's record speaks for itself without me having to justify shit with cheese feats but here his fight with the Behemoth is felt planet wide:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Strength/TalesToAstonish080a.jpg

The rest is just gibberish born out of ignorance. If you think these sharks would give Thor and the Hulk trouble outside of some of their lowest lows, you are straight up wacky.

Also, not too long ago Namor was supporting Utopia. Lol at him topping out at 100,000 tons. Where do you even come up with these numbers?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What's really insulting is watching him enter a Darkseid or Doomsday thread (DC characters who have pretty much no pure lifting feats) and use the complete opposite logic.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wtf?

Average Thor and Hulk would obliterate those sharks. Namor would probably fare better due to his underwater maneuverability. He'd probably allow himself to be eaten, punch through one shark's body and watch as they went nuts.

No they wouldn't. Both Hulk and Thor are susceptible to their bites. True that Namor has a much better chance than Thor or Hulk because of his maneuverability. Hulk has a better chance than Thor because of his HF. I would say Hulk wins, Thor losses and Namor losses.

And lol at thinking the sharks just swallow when they eat. They phucking chew dude.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not even going to justify Thor losing with a response.

h1a8
Yes I understand, you have no idea what you're talking about. Average Hulk, Thor and Namor are around 500 tons. What exactly are you basing this on?

How on earth can you even begin to make up an average number that specific when you know absolutely shit about these characters you troll?

Also, your preconceived notions are getting out of hand, I have no idea why this shit is tolerated on the boards. How can you compare Colossus trading punches with Gladiator for a few panels (Before Bryne even established him as an Elite Superman clone) to the dozens of times Namor has gone toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Sentry etc. (Pretty much every notable strong-man) and looked competitive if not straight up equal. He's even tussled briefly with Blue Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer and did well apparently.

Namor's record speaks for itself without me having to justify shit with cheese feats but here his fight with the Behemoth is felt planet wide:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Strength/TalesToAstonish080a.jpg

The rest is just gibberish born out of ignorance. If you think these sharks would give Thor and the Hulk trouble outside of some of their lowest lows, you are straight up wacky.

Also, not too long ago Namor was supporting Utopia. Lol at him topping out at 100,000 tons. Where do you even come up with these numbers?

If you read my quote you would see that I said, "In my opinion". Thus it could be tolerated. I didn't actually make a claim in that remark. I judge this based off the fights and estimate at what strength level certain beings are operating at. I also base my opinion off feats and writer's opinions (when feats aren't shown).
I disagree that going toe to toe with someone means that you are as strong as them (especially when they are operating at their highest).

Namor only went toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, Hercules a handful of times (not dozens) and even then he was outmatched almost every time. Many strong characters in comics are shown to go toe to toe with other strong characters. Thing and Colossus have their showings against stronger opponents, even shown to be winning sometimes. I don't care, Colossus against Glads is canon and it happened. Doesn't mean that Colossus is at Glads level strength wise though.

Show me Namor supporting Utopia.
As far as the planet wide feat then I up my estimate from 100,000 tons to probably in the billions as Namor's greatest strength feat.

But again, why argue against things that are not the main point? The main point is Namor on average is about a few hundred tonner, same as Savage Hulk and Thor. Again this is my opinion.

h1a8
I'm not even going to justify Thor losing with a response.

You are derailing the argument.

Can Thor or Namor survive being chewed by one of these sharks?
If yes then debate it. Stop derailing.

Note: I'm talking about Thor with no hammer or magic but just physicality.

Zack Fair
Don't be ragin' rage.

h1's calculations are supreme.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwmh3bZUft1r24lq9o1_500.gif

h1a8
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Don't be ragin' rage.

h1's calculations are supreme.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwmh3bZUft1r24lq9o1_500.gif That's right. You can't argue with math. It's illogical.

Damborgson
Namor obliterates them at even his lowest. Would they even be able to pierce his skin?

h1a8
Originally posted by Damborgson
Namor obliterates them at even his lowest. Would they even be able to pierce his skin?

Namor can be cut by convention means (high convention). He's not Superman. Those sharks have teeth stronger than steel and can bite through steel like it aint shit.

Damborgson
Namor can be cut by convention means (high convention). He's not Superman. Those sharks have teeth stronger than steel and can bite through steel like it aint shit.

Good thing Namor is > Steel. He doesn't have to be Superman to not get affected by prehistoric sharks. Not to mention the incredible speed and maneuverability advantage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you read my quote you would see that I said, "In my opinion". Thus it could be tolerated. I didn't actually make a claim in that remark. I judge this based off the fights and estimate at what strength level certain beings are operating at. I also base my opinion off feats and writer's opinions (when feats aren't shown).
I disagree that going toe to toe with someone means that you are as strong as them (especially when they are operating at their highest).

I don't care, you cannot make baseless claims then hide behind "my opinion". That's not how things work.

So when characters stand their ground and trade blows equally for entire pages, that doesn't almost always suggest equality among characters? Is that what you're telling me?

Shut up. I don't want to hear about writers opinions, you don't even read comics, how do you know what the stance writers take?

Namor only went toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, Hercules a handful of times (not dozens) and even then he was outmatched almost every time. Many strong characters in comics are shown to go toe to toe with other strong characters. Thing and Colossus have their showings against stronger opponents, even shown to be winning sometimes. I don't care, Colossus against Glads is canon and it happened. Doesn't mean that Colossus is at Glads level strength wise though.

H1, you lie one more time, and I will report you for trolling. Seriously.

Namor has fought Hulk alone four times in long, drawn out competitive fights. He has even scored a knock out underwater against the Hulk:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/Hulk118i.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/Hulk118j.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/Hulk118k.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/Hulk118l.jpg

He's fought Hercules a similar amount of times and has even been suggested to be stronger underwater:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/NamorTheSub-Mariner58e.jpg

I can post the entire fights if you wish (Credit to scans go to Liam). I will not allow you to keep filling threads with your nonsense anymore.

Show me Namor supporting Utopia.

Best scan I could find right now:
http://s401.photobucket.com/user/clokeagne_supernova/media/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Strength/xmenvsatlas02a.jpg.html

But then again, at least I'm posting scans.

As far as the planet wide feat then I up my estimate from 100,000 tons to probably in the billions as Namor's greatest strength feat.

But again, why argue against things that are not the main point? The main point is Namor on average is about a few hundred tonner, same as Savage Hulk and Thor. Again this is my opinion.

So you admit you had no idea what Namor's limitations are and were just making up numbers?

Again you make a baseless claim and hide behind your opinion. Post scans to support this statement or I will report you for trolling.

And not just a low showing or two. You are arguing that this is their average. You had better be hiding at least a few dozen scans for both Hulk and Thor.

Imo, Namor is in on average far stronger than Superman at his best. Again, this is just my opinion.

JakeTheBank
No they wouldn't. Both Hulk and Thor are susceptible to their bites. True that Namor has a much better chance than Thor or Hulk because of his maneuverability. Hulk has a better chance than Thor because of his HF. I would say Hulk wins, Thor losses and Namor losses.

And lol at thinking the sharks just swallow when they eat. They phucking chew dude.

Lol.

This is absolutely untrue.

MF DELPH
crylaugh0

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol.

This is absolutely untrue.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/79191/2866163-th_epichulktrollface.jpg

------

H1 can't be a real person. He's a faulty experimental robot that trolls forums.

h1a8
I don't care, you cannot make baseless claims then hide behind "my opinion". That's not how things work.

So when characters stand their ground and trade blows equally for entire pages, that doesn't almost always suggest equality among characters? Is that what you're telling me?

Shut up. I don't want to hear about writers opinions, you don't even read comics, how do you know what the stance writers take? How am I hiding when I clearly stated, IMO, in the first place. Who doesn't say IMO? And yes, trading blows support strength comparison. But more is needed to validate it. Using matchups in comics alone is faulty, especially when characters are known to fluctuate in power from comic to comic (as in Colossus Gladiator or Colossus Hulk example).

You are a Thor con artist. You exaggerate, twist words, scenes, to make it seem only an idiot would believe otherwise. I seen Namor fight Hulk, Hercules, etc. I don't recall him always fighting them for a long time (the tricky "entire pages" con). For the most part, Namor was almost always outclassed or shown to be inferior. Even in water, Hercules still had the advantage in strength over him.

I call BS, report that. Namor has not fought these characters dozens of times as you suggested (at least 24 times), especially in long serious or meaningful fights. So I guess you lied. And if you post the entire fight against Hercules in the water you would see that Hercules is able to still dominate Namor in his own element (strength wise).

You posted a well known fight of him knocking Hulk out (one of his greatest feats). Yet even in that scan Namor it can't be proven that Namor was operating above 20,000 tons of force. I doesn't take more than that to knock Hulk a mile away.

Well that scan doesn't say much. But thanks for trying though. We don't know how much of it he was supporting. Plus Utopia doesn't seem very impressive to me as it's not very big.

I was going by the massive boats, carriers, planes, etc. he lifted. I wasn't making up numbers. The greatest thing I've seen him lift was about 100,000 tons or so.

One of the scans I use to support my claim is one of Namor's best feats against a well known character (Hulk). You posted it. In the scan we see Namor knock Hulk a mile away. How much force did this take? I can give you the math if you want.

Also, in the scans or fights against Thing, Namor usually appears to be only a little stronger (if that). Thing is definitely not above 500 tons, at least on average. My reasoning for Thor, Savage Hulk to be operating at around 500 tons of strength on average is due to their fights with characters who are a little above 100 tons of strength (like Thing) or how they hit beings around.

BUSTER1
Namor destroys!

IMPERIOUS REX!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.