Martial Arts Teacher.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who is a better Martial Arts Teacher going off of what has been displayed or known trainees on panel?

Wolverine
Captain America
Batman

Please rank them from Greatest to Least Greatest.

KingD19
I'd say Batman is top. Since he has all the Robin's, Night Wing, Red Hood, and Bat Girl's he's trained. Who are all pretty much top notch street levelers because of him.

Wolverine has trained lots of young female sidekicks. Jubilee, Shadowcat, etc... And he's trained with people to help them get better as well, like Colossus and other X-Men.

I don't know many people who Cap helped train off the top of my head.

-Pr-
Batman.

Q99
I'm going to second Batman. Not only did he train multiple people, but they got pretty high in the skill charts themselves.

Capt helps train the Avengers, but he doesn't do much ground-up training like Batman does, he more helps people polish their skills.

TheHulk
Batman>Wolvy>Cap A

JakeTheBank
Batman
Wolverine
Captain America

Though any gap between the three in terms of actual skill as far as they possess is practically negligible.

pym-ftw
Wolverine can mass produce trained teams,

then Bats,

finally Cap

he can?

teachingwise
batman>logan>caps

-Pr-
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Wolverine can mass produce trained teams,

then Bats,

finally Cap

I think you'll find that Cyclops was the one that produced teams for the most part.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think you'll find that Cyclops was the one that produced teams for the most part.
Agreed, but Logan has been running his own teams for a while now

Q99
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Agreed, but Logan has been running his own teams for a while now

Mostly of experienced people.

The people he's started on HtH haven't made it to the higher levels, and like Capt a lot of what he does is polishing existing skills.

StiltmanFTW
Nice thread, carv.

Originally posted by KingD19
I don't know many people who Cap helped train off the top of my head.

Tony Stark, for example.

Omega Vision
I remember it being said once that when heroes get depowered but still want to fight crime, they go to Batman to make it happen.

StiltmanFTW
Superman is a nice example.

Omega Vision
I believe Captain Atom was another example.

wolverine's first batch of x-men is being forged now. of course he is teaching them much more than h2h combat and as a teacher and mentor figure I'd put him at the top spot here, but martial arts wise, he's produced no impressive succession.

StiltmanFTW
He's teaching them about English literature.

Logan trained plenty of X-Men and their splinter groups. His biggest achievement is Kitty Pryde arguably, but Ogun was involved here, too.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

That was a ****ing horrible comic that ignored the last fifteen or so years of Superman's development.

Q99

Logan trained plenty of X-Men and their splinter groups. His biggest achievement is Kitty Pryde arguably, but Ogun was involved here, too.

And even Kitty is no Dick Grayson or even Tim Drake.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
That was a ****ing horrible comic that ignored the last fifteen or so years of Superman's development.

It was wonderful... and you secretly enjoyed it, admit it stick out tongue

Originally posted by Q99
And even Kitty is no Dick Grayson or even Tim Drake.

Debatable as Silver Samurai said she might be better than Logan and she made the TOP10 MA list on marvel.com.

But I wouldn't put her above Nightwing.

-Pr-
It was wonderful... and you secretly enjoyed it, admit it stick out tongue

Debatable as Silver Samurai said she might be better than Logan and she made the TOP10 MA list on marvel.com.

As much as jamming a screwdriver in my ear, yeah.

Silent Master
Batman wins, mainly because he tends to take students on as apprentices and thus spends far more time training them.

Q99

What's she actually got in feats/skilled foes beaten with martial arts, though?

I mean, she's not a slouch, but that seems like a hype-point that wasn't really backed up and has been largely dropped.

(Unless he meant more in terms of potential than current skill)

juggerman
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I remember it being said once that when heroes get depowered but still want to fight crime, they go to Batman to make it happen.

Did Superman have the option of going to Wolverine or Captain America?

He's teaching them about English literature.

he's teaching them about life, godammit! starting with the savage land arc, he's fulfilling chuck's all-teacher role more explicitly, while his previous roles were mostly concerned with survival and h2h, except for his proteges.

I thought about kitty, but I give credit to ogun there. plus jubilee, armor and rogue never rised up the ranks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.