R.I.P.D.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Based on the same comic of the same name from Dark Horse Comics.......which i've never read

X07xNrVd7DU

KingD19
Jeff Bridges as a ghost cowboy. Ryan Reynolds as David Lo Pan? Yes please.

Esau Cairn
The only thing that's hard to believe in this film is Reynolds playing a cop.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19

Same here

looking forward to it.

jaden101
Sooooo

It's Men in Black with a fake moustache disguise on?

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
Sooooo

It's Men in Black with a fake moustache disguise on?

Considering the original Men in Black comic has paranormal elements, ghosts and all that stuff, as well as the alien theme.

the ninjak
They should call it RIPPED!

Rest In Peace Pussy Eating Dickheads.

jaden101
Originally posted by Kazenji
Considering the original Men in Black comic has paranormal elements, ghosts and all that stuff, as well as the alien theme.

Did you forget to finish your point?

siriuswriter
Oh my god - that looks fan-f**king-tastic!!

Major_Lexington
Looks pretty action packed but I don't know I'm on the fence...

Esau Cairn

I got the impression that Reynolds was the ghost & Bridges was alive.

KingD19
They're both dead. Bridges seems to have died back in the wild wild west. And is taking the rookie(Reynolds) under his wing.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
Did you forget to finish your point?

No.... that was my point to you saying this looks like MIB.

Esau Cairn
They're both dead. Bridges seems to have died back in the wild wild west. And is taking the rookie(Reynolds) under his wing.

Oh ok.
I thought it was a live cop/ghost cop team-up.

Major_Lexington
I thought the same thing at first.

jaden101
Seems to me Bridges is just Rooster Cogburn again.

Darya
thanks to share this for us.

Toby831
A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.

Kazenji
Found out Kevin Bacon is also in this one.

Patient_Leech
New trailer, me thinks...

8InuPqNGvjc

BruceSkywalker
another flop for reynolds possibly

jinXed by JaNx
looks like mib but instead it has jeff daniels and ryan ryenolds.., dont see whats so bad about that? it looks better than the last two MIB movies

KingD19
And don't forget James Hong.

Kazenji
David Lo Pan.

SevenShackles
I wonder if they can find a happy medium between Ryan Ryenolds 'comedy' and 'action' that doesn't equal the end result of a flop.

Originally posted by Toby831
A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.

no expression that doesn't seem to be what it's about at all.. I hope that doesn't turn out to be in the plot or a sub plot at all.

Kazenji
And the only thing i see in comparison to Men In Black is the two characters working together...that's about where it ends.

KingD19
And the only thing i see in comparison to Men In Black is the two characters working together...that's about where it ends.

Well, it's actually pretty similar.

Reynolds is Nick Walker(Agent J), a normal cop who because of his talent is selected to join the R.I.P.D. (MIB) A secret and elite agency that no one aside from the agency itself, allies, and beings they apprehend/kill know about. His partner is an eccentric senior agent whose been with the agency for a very long time, Roy Pulsipher(Agent K). Their boss is a no-nonsense person with a very dry sense of humor named Proctor.(Zed) To keep their anonymity in the field, they have a method of making people believe they aren't who they really are by appearing to be different people.(MIB uses neuralizers) And while the 2 partners are dramatically different, there's some comedy between them and together they help stop the bad guys from destroying the world(MIB 1, MIB 2, MIB 3)

Etc etc... There's a lot of parallels.

Kazenji

Reynolds is Nick Walker(Agent J), a normal cop who because of his talent is selected to join the R.I.P.D.

After being killed which never happen with M.I.B

Well going by what i've read of M.I.B. the comic it too featured paranormal related stuff along with the Aliens..which the M.I.B. movies used

maybe the creator of R.I.P.D. ripped off alot of the idea's.

KingD19
After being killed which never happen with M.I.B

Parallels and similarities don't equal the exact same thing. I know Reynolds died and Smith didn't, as the first part of the first commercial is Reynolds getting plugged with an AK round and getting yanked into the sky. MIB is about aliens primarily, while RIPD is about the paranormal with spirits and the like. But as I pointed out, the similarities are definitely there, and we'll probably see more once the movie comes out.

Patient_Leech

Reynolds is Nick Walker(Agent J), a normal cop who because of his talent is selected to join the R.I.P.D. (MIB) A secret and elite agency that no one aside from the agency itself, allies, and beings they apprehend/kill know about. His partner is an eccentric senior agent whose been with the agency for a very long time, Roy Pulsipher(Agent K). Their boss is a no-nonsense person with a very dry sense of humor named Proctor.(Zed) To keep their anonymity in the field, they have a method of making people believe they aren't who they really are by appearing to be different people.(MIB uses neuralizers) And while the 2 partners are dramatically different, there's some comedy between them and together they help stop the bad guys from destroying the world(MIB 1, MIB 2, MIB 3)

Etc etc... There's a lot of parallels.

Well aside from all those things, they're completely different... haha laughing

KingD19
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well aside from all those things, they're completely different... haha laughing

Oh yeah. Completely.

cool

Patient_Leech
Hot damn, this has gotten pretty dreadful reviews... 11% so far. Not that I would have expected good reviews, and it could still be entertaining, but still... 11% is really bad, even for this kind of movie's standards. All of the Men in Black movies had much better ratings.

marwash22
This movie deserves to flop; it's an effects driven movie with shitty effects.

jinXed by JaNx

I wasnt using the comparison as a bad thing. The only difference i see between the two is that theyre killing dead people in RIPD rather than aliens.

Lestov16
Spoony was so right about this. Wrong about Pacific Rim though.

rudester
Just saw this, it was okay no rating. Had a few laughs. Okay a 4/10. I would compare it to men in black.

Kazenji
So the only movie Dark Horse has had success with is Hellboy so far.

Impediment
So the only movie Dark Horse has had success with is Hellboy so far.

Sin City.

Kazenji
Oh yeah that too.

rudester
Would u watch this again?

Filmigos
I would never watch this again. I don't want anyone else to watch it either. very dumb movie

the ninjak
The trailer looked god awful. Worse than Men in Black.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I wonder if they can find a happy medium between Ryan Ryenolds 'comedy' and 'action' that doesn't equal the end result of a flop.

I'm sure many people could but i think the important question is...,"can he?" I think it worked in, Blade. However, The darkstalkers were the only thing good about that travesty. I was actually kind of looking forward to RIPD but upon hearing several warnings here, i'm not even looking forward to getting drunk and watching this movie, but i will. As much as i like Reynolds, he needs a major dose of humbleness in his acting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.