Team Thanos vs. Team Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Thanos
Lord Mar-Vell
Magus
Annihilus (Annihilation)
Phalanx Ultron

Vs

WB Hulk
OF Thor
Voidtry
Silver Surfer
Shaman Nate Grey

armedforbattle
Team 1 should win. Isn't Phalanx ultron crazy powerful?

Sin I AM
team one handidly....two doesnt have an answer for ultron or annhilus

Stoic
@ Sin, does Team 1 have an answer for Voidtry? I think Team 2 has a decent chance. Annihilus wouldn't last long against WB Hulk, and judging by his infighting game, neither would Mar-Vell.

Naija boy
Team 2

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
@ Sin, does Team 1 have an answer for Voidtry? I think Team 2 has a decent chance. Annihilus wouldn't last long against WB Hulk, and judging by his infighting game, neither would Mar-Vell.

I see it as Thanos handling Hulk, Marvell dealing with Thor, and Magus and Robert cancel each other out

that leaves Annihilus vs Norrin and if he has the q-bands he stomps
and ultron versus nate, who wont hang....once they beat Norrin and Nate, that will free those two up to assist whomever

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I see it as Thanos handling Hulk, Marvell dealing with Thor, and Magus and Robert cancel each other out

that leaves Annihilus vs Norrin and if he has the q-bands he stomps
and ultron versus nate, who wont hang....once they beat Norrin and Nate, that will free those two up to assist whomever

Then I guess that depends on who faces who. Thanos may not be able to handle WB Hulk with TP. Rage is what the Hulk has used in the past to cancel debuffs like that. I mean, you know what I mean? Onslaught is one example, as well as Xavier and Emma combined. It really depends on his rage level, and i don't believe that Thanos could take WB Hulk in a fist fight.

vince_slice
Surfer and Nate are the weak links. They'd lose to anyone on Team 1, which will eventually bring Team 2 down.

Stoic
Originally posted by vince_slice
Surfer and Nate are the weak links. They'd lose to anyone on Team 1, which will eventually bring Team 2 down.

I'd swap Nate out for Orion, or someone of that caliber.However if the Hulk at this level is able to draw in close to any of these guys I feel as if they would lose to him. Based on how must he was able to push things around, and his tanking ability.

pym-ftw
The Phalanx virus could weaken anyone or really everyone on team two...

Which Ultron? Warlock?

yaadaveyaa
team hulk in a landslide 8/10

vince_slice
I'd swap Nate out for Orion, or someone of that caliber.However if the Hulk at this level is able to draw in close to any of these guys I feel as if they would lose to him. Based on how must he was able to push things around, and his tanking ability.

Thanos is strong enough to tank and fight Hulk directly. I can see Mar-Vell taking on Surfer and Nate at the same time. Thor takes on Magus, and Voidtry against Ultron.

This leaves Annihilus, who with the CCR, could literally eat Hulk's gamma energy. He forcefully ate Quasar alive, and was about to eat Nova's power too. Gamma energy shouldn't be beyond him, and he and Thanos will take out Hulk. This eventually leads to Team 2 falling. Thanos can perm kill Voidtry.Thor would beat Magus, but he'd be overwhelmed by the others.

yaadaveyaa
unless he's shown on panel able to eat up hulks gamma energy that is inadmissable and cant b used team hulks wins this pretty handily

Sin I AM

thanos will have no issue going h2h against hulk, its nate and norrin who are the weak links

Stoic
Thanos is strong enough to tank and fight Hulk directly. I can see Mar-Vell taking on Surfer and Nate at the same time. Thor takes on Magus, and Voidtry against Ultron.

This leaves Annihilus, who with the CCR, could literally eat Hulk's gamma energy. He forcefully ate Quasar alive, and was about to eat Nova's power too. Gamma energy shouldn't be beyond him, and he and Thanos will take out Hulk. This eventually leads to Team 2 falling. Thanos can perm kill Voidtry.Thor would beat Magus, but he'd be overwhelmed by the others.

It was shown that eating his gamma energy did nothing to him, This is due to the fact that he gets his energy from an extradimensional source much like the Q bands get theirs from the quantum zone.

Thanos has never shown the ability to go into it with a guy like WB Hulk. I realize that you can't use collateral damage as a basis of how strong a character is solely, but there comes a point when you have to guess that a guy that is able to pop a planet with a footfall has got to be stronger than Thanos. In Vegas the this was what the reader was supposed to come away understanding about the Hulk

It went something like, although he didn't destroy Earth does not mean that he could not have during the WW Hulk mini. Anni isn't on the level that he would be able to just gobble up WB Hulk energies without reprisals of a rather swift death.

In terms of strength, WB Hulk is on another level than any on the field. If Team 1 wins, it won't be without taking heavy casualties.

thanos will have no issue going h2h against hulk, its nate and norrin who are the weak links

Thanos would not be able to stand in front of WB Hulk and bang out.

Sin I AM
Like I said before team 2 has two weak links in Nate and Norrin. And no matter how strong you believe hulk to be he's not beating that team for the majority

Diesldude
Team Thanos wins.

Dampyre
Team Thanos.

Stoic
Like I said before team 2 has two weak links in Nate and Norrin. And no matter how strong you believe hulk to be he's not beating that team for the majority

Well you have Sentry at his best so I think that they have a decent shot. Surfer isn't that weak, Thanos is his teams strongest link, if he goes down, the rest are done for. Mar-Vell only showed that he is a powerful energy wielder, his strength level is negligible. I mean Thanos man handled him with ease. Now Thanos may be strong, and there's no denying it, but he can't keep pace with WB Hulk's peak.

carver9

Somebody laugh at sin for me because I don't have the energy to do it. Thanos going fist cuffs with this Hulk gets destroyed...his blasts isn't stopping Hulk and his shields would crumble facing this Hulk. His only option is bfring.

Dampyre

Thanos would not be able to engage WB Hulk in a pure hand-to-hand fight. He would need to use his brains and other powers to have a shot at winning.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Dampyre
Thanos would not be able to engage WB Hulk in a pure hand-to-hand fight. He would need to use his brains and other powers to have a shot at winning.
When I said "fight directly" it doesn't mean h2h. Obviously Thanos will use all his powers. He isn't dumb enough to go pure melee with this Hulk.

eaebiakuya
Thanos have the Durability to tank WBH attacks (at least for a while). During this time he can attack with his energy blasts and his others powers.

TheHulk
Team Hulk 7/10 lol SS and Nate aren't that weak...

dynamix
Thanos went toe to toe with Odin, i think he can put up a good chance banging with hulk.

Horrificus
It was shown that eating his gamma energy did nothing to him, This is due to the fact that he gets his energy from an extradimensional source much like the Q bands get theirs from the quantum zone.

Thanos has never shown the ability to go into it with a guy like WB Hulk. I realize that you can't use collateral damage as a basis of how strong a character is solely, but there comes a point when you have to guess that a guy that is able to pop a planet with a footfall has got to be stronger than Thanos. In Vegas the this was what the reader was supposed to come away understanding about the Hulk

It went something like, although he didn't destroy Earth does not mean that he could not have during the WW Hulk mini. Anni isn't on the level that he would be able to just gobble up WB Hulk energies without reprisals of a rather swift death.

In terms of strength, WB Hulk is on another level than any on the field. If Team 1 wins, it won't be without taking heavy casualties.

Thanos would not be able to stand in front of WB Hulk and bang out. Without taking anything away from WBH, a lot of those showings could just be a matter of him "letting it all hang out". In other words, unlike many of the other characters in this thread, the WBH saga dealt with a character that was not used to having that much power pouring through him. It was not being controlled as effectively as the more veteran characters control theirs.

In other words, I don't think that WBH did not do much that other high-level power holders would not be capable of doing if they let it all hang out.

Honestly, do you really think that the same, or worse, would not occur if the Silver Surfer was having trouble containing or controlling his power?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Horrificus
Without taking anything away from WBH, a lot of those showings could just be a matter of him "letting it all hang out". In other words, unlike many of the other characters in this thread, the WBH saga dealt with a character that was not used to having that much power pouring through him. It was not being controlled as effectively as the more veteran characters control theirs.

In other words, I don't think that WBH did not do much that other high-level power holders would not be capable of doing if they let it all hang out.

Honestly, do you really think that the same, or worse, would not occur if the Silver Surfer was having trouble containing or controlling his power?

this^ people are really relishing in the feat. Plenty of heroes "hold back" plenty of heralds could replicate the feat if the went ape-shit like the hulk did imo. But this fight doesnt boil down to Hulk or Thanos because they would be busy with each other and wouldnt be taking the other down soon. This battle boils down to Nate and Silver Surfer. They would lose the majority againt anyone on team one. Thanos is too much for them, so is Mar-vell, Annihilus, Magus, and Ultron. Once those two are picked off its 5 on 3. Team one for the maj.

Oh and for the Hulk fanboys, Thanos isnt a newbie chump with his powers if galactus had trouble get thru his shield Hulks in for a fight

Sin I AM
Well you have Sentry at his best so I think that they have a decent shot. Surfer isn't that weak, Thanos is his teams strongest link, if he goes down, the rest are done for. Mar-Vell only showed that he is a powerful energy wielder, his strength level is negligible. I mean Thanos man handled him with ease. Now Thanos may be strong, and there's no denying it, but he can't keep pace with WB Hulk's peak.

whose gonna take thanos down? also your too wrapped up in strength, this isnt a wrestling match, this is a match with characters fighting to the best of their ability its thanos fight to lose, if hulk decided to go all HOTM he'd hurt his team worst than the opposition.

Originally posted by carver9
Somebody laugh at sin for me because I don't have the energy to do it. Thanos going fist cuffs with this Hulk gets destroyed...his blasts isn't stopping Hulk and his shields would crumble facing this Hulk. His only option is bfring.

prove wbh could break his shields

TheHulk
People are really misunderstanding the ft produced in HOTM What the f**k?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheHulk
People are really misunderstanding the ft produced in HOTM What the f**k?

enlighten the "people"

carver9
whose gonna take thanos down? also your too wrapped up in strength, this isnt a wrestling match, this is a match with characters fighting to the best of their ability its thanos fight to lose, if hulk decided to go all HOTM he'd hurt his team worst than the opposition.

prove wbh could break his shields

The shields he used against Galactus wasn't his standard shields.

Thanos compared PG Champion to Savage Hulk and PG Champion broke through his shields.

Sin I AM

Thanos compared PG Champion to Savage Hulk and PG Champion broke through his shields.

wait ? Are u comparing hulk to galactus....

carver9
wait ? Are u comparing hulk to galactus....

You brought up Thanos shields against Galactus like it is his norm. What I'm telling you is that those shields he used against Galactus wasn't his normal shields. Do you get it now?

Sin I AM
You brought up Thanos shields against Galactus like it is his norm. What I'm telling you is that those shields he used against Galactus wasn't his normal shields. Do you get it now?
QFT you make it seem as if every punch he throws is gonna shatter planets.

Thanos uses tech, his tech consistently improves, from Galactus to Omega etc..his shields are just that good. You made the assertion that his shields couldnt withstand Hulk. Which is false, since it has withstood better. Without prep. I was just using Galan as an outlier, but thats neither here nor there. Thanos isnt a stupid one-dimensional brick, he isnt going to go h2h with Hulk even though he has the strength and durability(shields aside) to do so. He is going to use his tech, plus his strength, plus his energy blast etc..to engage him. He's not a one trick pony.

Im not even here arguing who would win that fight because Thanos and Hulk will NOT be the deciding factors...it will be Nate and Norrin which I have said a thousand times before

Branlor Swift

Thanos would not be able to stand in front of WB Hulk and bang out. Comparing Hulk's energy to the Q-Bands isn't the best way to prove he won't be drained considering Annihilus ate Quasar, and the Q-Bands themselves have iirc absorbed Ego, who for all the low feats still contains a lot more power than any Hulk.
So, you got a guy who can drain someone with an "infinite supply of energy" with bands that have absorbed Ego.

Thanos' first appearance has him destroying a planet in a fight with Drax... someone who was destroying small suns and surviving the explosion...
Hell, the guy took a blast from the Cosmic Cube in a weakened state and had to be put out by telepaths after.

Magus, who's in this thread overlapped timelines to halt a tear parsecs wide ripped open in the universe. Mar-Vell one shot killed him. Thanos kicked the shit out of Mar-Vell.

If you want to bring up feats, it'd be best if you didn't actually focus on the planet aspect when that is grossly overmatched by 3 people in this thread.

Thanos killed a full Nova Force Nova while Starlord was on his side with the Cosmic Cube, Indicating it at the very least wasn't a one sided battle. But Hulk would be the guy who he wouldn't be able to withstand...

Also in that same feat, the two WB Hulk level beings failed to harm Umar in the slightest with the "most powerful shockwave ever!"

Branlor Swift

Thanos compared PG Champion to Savage Hulk and PG Champion broke through his shields. They were all his shields.

PG Champ broke a planet by himself. Hulk at his most powerful ever just broke a planet with help from an equal.
smile

The Power Gem itself on The Hood managed to beat the absolute dogshit out of Red Hulk, who at the very least is Savage's equal in strength. Champ without the Gem did this:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4770/vsheroesig6.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4811/vsheroes2lo5.jpg

Savage is nowhere near PG Champ's strength level. Thanos was wrong

eaebiakuya
I dont think WBH vs Surfer is a easy fight for WBH. Surfer alredy destroyed a planet without effort. He is much faster and can BFR him easily.

He loses for sure if he fights very dumb (like going to h2h).

psycho gundam
low-balling abounds

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by psycho gundam
low-balling abounds That's going to happen when Carver and Stoic's brain only understands "bigness"

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
low-balling abounds

who's lowballin..... shifty

TheHulk
Well here comes the low-ball....

TheHulk
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
That's going to happen when Carver and Stoic's brain only understands "bigness" When it comes to The Hulk,do not compare anyone to Carver.....i'm not saying he is bad or good,i'm just saying he is on his own league laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.