Tony stark vs lex luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win between tony stark and lex luther?

pym-ftw
Stark with ease

SevenShackles
I'd be interested in seeing what they could do if they switched resources.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Stark with ease

How?

pym-ftw
Technopathy...

Golgo13
Luthor doesn't have to bring tech to the battle to win. He has some crazy resources as well. Not to mention, he outsmarted Brainiac.

pym-ftw
So how can he tank a unibeam.... Without tech....

Odekahn
Stark, easily.

Golgo13

Luthor was able to take the powers from a near omnipotent being. He can hang.

SevenShackles
Brain power and apokolips tech shield cool

JakeTheBank
Stark is far and away the superior combatant.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Golgo13
Luthor was able to take the powers from a near omnipotent being. He can hang.
There isn't prep

Branlor Swift
Luthor was able to take the powers from a near omnipotent being. He can hang. And Stark split the Phoenix into 7 parts.

Who actually has accomplished something.

Golgo13
There isn't prep

Oh, well that's another story.

pym-ftw
Not really, stark would win that too

Golgo13
He'd win some, but not the majority. BTW, OP didn't specify if it is prep or not.

pym-ftw
We have forum rules though....

abhilegend
Lex would win with prep.

Golgo13
So, Tony Stark vs Lex Luthor in no battle armor? We are using current versions, right?

pym-ftw
Are you really going to pretend you don't know forum rules...

Golgo13
Are you really going to pretend you don't know forum rules...

We use current versions, unless specified, right?

pym-ftw
Yes, as long as they have have enough appearences to gauge them

We also use standard equipment

Golgo13
Right, so it's standard Luthor with no armor vs Tony with Armor. Making this a prep battle would be better.

pym-ftw
I'm not the Op....
I'm assuming, based on the history of well though out threads blade has made he didn't know of the relaunch

I assume we are arguing preflashpoint Lex vs current Tony

In other news the trailer to Thor 2 is on YouTube

Blair Wind
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lex would win with prep.

What's Lex done with prep?

Glorificus
Tony stomps.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What's Lex done with prep?
Beat Brainiac, made Brainiac 5 look like a fool, created a pocket universe, created perfect clones of doomsday which apokoliptican technology was unable to make, created AIs unable to be distinguished from humans even by superman and ultimately became omnipotent.

JakeTheBank
Basically, he's almost as good as a mentally compromised Doom.

JayDaDon
If they:re both in their armor, I'd still say Stark wins

JayDaDon
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Basically, he's almost as good as a mentally challenged Doom.

fixed evil face

SquallX
Let's use Pre-Crisis Lex for the hell of it. devil

abhilegend
Basically, he's almost as good as a mentally compromised Doom.
Nice baiting jake.

JakeTheBank
Nice baiting jake.

thumb up

Lex's got decent prep feats under his belt. So does Tony. Coupled with Tony being a far better strategist in terms of combat, possessing a huge power edge by default, and basically being a tech god, I don't see Lex beating Iron Man in an equal prep time battle.

abhilegend
thumb up

Lex's got decent prep feats under his belt. So does Tony. Coupled with Tony being a far better strategist in terms of combat, possessing a huge power edge by default, and basically being a tech god, I don't see Lex beating Iron Man in an equal prep time battle.
Who said Tony was far better strategist? Lex battled off Larfleeze and broke Brainiac's neck.

SevenShackles
I don't understand the batman/Bruce ironman/Tony comparison alot of people make, I'd say Lex and Tony are more comparable. (just something this thread made me think of)

Be it armor battle, custom armor prep, prep or simply who can build the better working device I think Tony has the edge here. Being a hero Tony has more opportunity for his plans and devices to actually work and makes him overall more competent.

JakeTheBank
Who said Tony was far better strategist? Lex battled off Larfleeze and broke Brainiac's neck.

I said it because it's true. In terms of actual combat tactics, Tony is undoubtedly better than Lex. I'm not even sure how that could be disputed. Lex doesn't regularly face characters in combat nearly to the degree and scope that Tony does.

abhilegend
I said it because it's true. In terms of actual combat tactics, Tony is undoubtedly better than Lex. I'm not even sure how that could be disputed. Lex doesn't regularly face characters in combat nearly to the degree and scope that Tony does.
By prep he absolutely does.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by blade31092
Who will win between tony stark and lex luther?

Point me to where it says prep here

abhilegend
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Point me to where it says prep here
fu

Branlor Swift
are you pointing up?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Glorificus
Tony stomps.

With or without prep? Can you actually explain yourself?

Blair Wind
thumb up

This.

Golgo13
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I don't understand the batman/Bruce ironman/Tony comparison alot of people make, I'd say Lex and Tony are more comparable. (just something this thread made me think of)

Be it armor battle, custom armor prep, prep or simply who can build the better working device I think Tony has the edge here. Being a hero Tony has more opportunity for his plans and devices to actually work and makes him overall more competent.

Don't be so sure of that. Lex has looked superior to guys like Ray Palmer, Brainiac, and Chief. All who have uber tech feats on par with Stark.

Emi~Kiro
Does current lex even have armor? I don't remember seeing him in any.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Does current lex even have armor? I don't remember seeing him in any.

He'll have some in an upcoming arc. Action, I think.

Emi~Kiro
He'll have some in an upcoming arc. Action, I think.
Thank you! I like Lex's armor there always sexy and I like how he is so full of himself that he never wears a helmet laughing That must not really be safe or smart if your trying to murder superman.

TheHulk
Stark wins

-Pr-
Stark is a better combatant, and is more accustomed to going up against a more varied type of opponent.

He should win.

Golgo13
Lex has embarrassed guys like Ivo, Chief, Ray Palmer, Will Magnus, Steel, Brainiac, etc... ALL in their specific departments. I don't see how Tony is more versatile, tbh.

abhilegend
He isn't.

Tony Stark
Me... of course

TheHulk
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Me... of course laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud See what you did there,friend!!

-Pr-
Lex has embarrassed guys like Ivo, Chief, Ray Palmer, Will Magnus, Steel, Brainiac, etc... ALL in their specific departments. I don't see how Tony is more versatile, tbh.

In terms of tech, research and prep, yes, Luthor would be more versatile. That said, he's a lot more focused in his combat research than Tony is, because Lex only regularly fights one type of enemy.

Tony has to deal with a broader palette, and has more combat experience.

I believe that Lex is smarter, a better scientist, and even a better inventor, but Tony is far more accomplished tactician and combatant, and his suit is easily the equal, if not the downright superior, of Lex's one.

TheHulk
Originally posted by -Pr-
with a broader palette, and has more combat experience.

I believe that Lex is smarter, a better scientist, and even a better inventor, but Tony is far more accomplished tactician and combatant, and his suit is easily the equal, if not the downright superior, of Lex's one. The funny thing about Stark is that he barely has any fts of invention....so even i can't say Lex is not the better inventor...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by TheHulk
The funny thing about Stark is that he barely has any fts of invention....so even i can't say Lex is not the better inventor...

The armor(s) and it's weapons.
Time machines (Own creation, not just with Doom)
Bio-EMP
Anti-Avenger's Tank
Then everything on here:
http://www.ironmanarmory.com/starkinventions.html

If someone uses tech in the Marvel universe, it's a safe bet to assume Stark created it unless they are an inventor themselves.

TheHulk
The armor(s) and it's weapons.
Time machines (Own creation, not just with Doom)
Bio-EMP
Anti-Avenger's Tank
Then everything on here:
http://www.ironmanarmory.com/starkinventions.html

If someone uses tech in the Marvel universe, it's a safe bet to assume Stark created it unless they are an inventor themselves. Dude don't mistake me for a guy trying to shit on Stark lol in the Marvel vs DC thread I'm defending Iron Man's ass off,lol in fact I'm waiting for you to back me up....

@Pr and Pym-ftw,

Remember Stark>Pym in Tech.

pym-ftw
What the f**k? your dead to me

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Dude don't mistake me for a guy trying to shit on Stark lol in the Marvel vs DC thread I'm defending Iron Man's ass off,lol in fact I'm waiting for you to back me up....

@Pr and Pym-ftw,

Don't push it, boy.

Blair Wind
Dude don't mistake me for a guy trying to shit on Stark lol in the Marvel vs DC thread I'm defending Iron Man's ass off,lol in fact I'm waiting for you to back me up....

@Pr and Pym-ftw,

What thread?

Golgo13
In terms of tech, research and prep, yes, Luthor would be more versatile. That said, he's a lot more focused in his combat research than Tony is, because Lex only regularly fights one type of enemy.

Tony has to deal with a broader palette, and has more combat experience.

I believe that Lex is smarter, a better scientist, and even a better inventor, but Tony is far more accomplished tactician and combatant, and his suit is easily the equal, if not the downright superior, of Lex's one.

Lex has faced the mystic, supernatural, aliens, etc... He's just as broad, IMO.

-Pr-
I know what he's faced.

Sixth_Winged
All of those can't really complete with how many enemies Tony face on a regular basis. Heck he's not even in earth atm depending on the GOTG continuity.

pym-ftw
Yeah Marvel Nows continuity sucks, but that's what happens when you pack the same characters in every book

Golgo13
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
All of those can't really complete with how many enemies Tony face on a regular basis. Heck he's not even in earth atm depending on the GOTG continuity. [/QUOTE

That's because he generally has more appearances. But Lex is capable of taking down any form of enemy if he wanted to. Hell, he took down Swamp Thing and he didn't need all that much prep.

JakeTheBank
Lmfao @ the Iron Shiek set. thumb up

Sixth_Winged
All of those can't really complete with how many enemies Tony face on a regular basis. Heck he's not even in earth atm depending on the GOTG continuity.

Yeah well unfortunately, Lex isn't in combat 50% of time so you pointing that he has just as much experience as Tony is invalidated without even taking consideration of the number difference on their appearances.

Most of his feats are one-sided prep, alongside some henchmen or allied villain and people he regularly face (Kryptonians). He has really high-end ones but so does Tony.

Golgo13
Yeah well unfortunately, Lex isn't in combat 50% of time when his overall appearances are counted so you pointing that he has just as much experience as Tony is invalidated.

Most of his feats are one-sided prep, alongside some henchmen or allied villain and people he regularly face (Kryptonians). He has really high-end ones but so does Tony.

I already said in direct combat, he would probably lose with his armor. Though we will have to see about his DCnU armor and how it stacks up to someone like Superman, who is stronger than his pre-Flashpoint self.

I'm talking about a prep battle, where I think Luthor will win.

Blair Wind
But Lex is capable of taking down any form of enemy if he wanted to.

'cept for Superman. vin

Golgo13
'cept for Superman. vin

Heroes always win, besides, it's not like Tony succeeds 100% of the time.

pym-ftw
Heroes always win, besides, it's not like Tony succeeds 100% of the time.
Re-Read your post, its an oxymoron.

Golgo13
Yes, heroes always win in the end. Is Tony still considered a hero? smile

pym-ftw
You just said he both always wins and doesn't always win

smart

JakeTheBank
If Tony "wanted to", he could beat anyone. After all, he dispersed the Phoenix Force and has access to Infinity Gems.

Golgo13
You just said he both always wins and doesn't always win

smart

Against villains, yeah.

Blair Wind
If Tony "wanted to", he could beat anyone. After all, he dispersed the Phoenix Force and has access to Infinity Gems.

thumb up

Plus a few other things he's created.

You know, I've been itching for a tournament so Iron Man can finally get a win. I have this perfect amalgam.

Yes, heroes always win in the end. Is Tony still considered a hero? smile

Yes. no expression

TheHulk
What thread? Lol Marvel vs DC...lol feels like I'm alone over there.

TheHulk
Don't push it, boy. Stark......is.....better evil face

I'll be happy to prove it.

Blair Wind
Lol Marvel vs DC...lol feels like I'm alone over there.

I have no clue what thread you are talking about.

TheHulk
I have no clue what thread you are talking about. Search function is your friend. wink

Blair Wind
Search function is your friend. wink

I searched your last 8 pages of posts, nothing there.

I searched the first page, nothing there.

I used the search function for title:Marvel vs DC.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3AMarvel+vs+DC+forumid%3A77&showposts=0

None of those qualify for what you are talking about.

So, again, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Edit: Found it on the second page. That the search can't handle that is pretty dumb.

TheHulk
I searched your last 8 pages of posts, nothing there.

I searched the first page, nothing there.

I used the search function for title:Marvel vs DC.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=title%3AMarvel+vs+DC+forumid%3A77&showposts=0

None of those qualify for what you are talking about.

So, again, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Edit: Found it on the second page. That the search can't handle that is pretty dumb. Lol I guess it's my fault....should have just got you a link!

Golgo13
Stark......is.....better evil face

I'll be happy to prove it.

Go ahead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.