Sonic/megaman VS Mario/link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emi~Kiro
They fight in Gotham city for no reason other than my personal enjoyment, go!

BloodRain
Sonic and Megaman. Better overall/combined stats and hax.

ScreamPaste
Depends a lot on which incarnation of each character is in use and what they have access to.

BloodRain
Super Sonic > rest, if Chaos Emeralds are here. He's still the fastest without them.
Megaman is pretty much tied in strength with OoTLink, just with greater fire-power. As Megaman's body changes all the time, does he get to keep the powerups?

Anyhow team 1 has the fastest character and the tied strongest with a few more useful abilities than team 2.

Looking back on the Megaman threads I can't find anything official that says Megaman's opponents were at Mach 5.. though tons of unofficial posts say the exact same thing about it. Can only find the word supersonic. /shrugs

ScreamPaste
Neither supersonic nor OoT Link are mentioned, though Sonic would have to be insane fast without SS to be able to blitz OoT Link. I honestly haven't played any games since AB2, but I'll be surprised if he's above hypersonic without the emeralds.

The thing is, it depends heavily on what era of Sonic and Megaman and also Mario and Link. Mario's got some hax as shit feats.

BloodRain
Only cited OoT for the strength feat. Sonic is casually Ma3, and some databookthing said he's hypersonic. Also in the '06 game he gets gem items that allow him to boost his speed or slow down time without the emeralds. Outruns natural lightning in the anime stick out tongue

Main series Sonic is the same throughout, no clue on Mario or Mega :$ Overall I wouldn't say Mario is bringing too much to the table.

ScreamPaste
06 was made noncanon. 131 Not sure where the anime sits canonwise, but typically we don't use non VG sources in VG versus, it's right in the rules. SHRUG OF JUSTICE.

BloodRain
Time erased yeah.. though '06 was shown in Sonic Generations to still be part of the canon.. somehow.

Actually he could very well be the strongest character here with Generations. Being able to swiftly defeat Silver and SA2B Shadow, and even Perfect Chaos while in base form, where he needed Chaos Emeralds before.

stargun
Originally posted by BloodRain
Looking back on the Megaman threads I can't find anything official that says Megaman's opponents were at Mach 5.. Mega Man fought a FTLer once, but he at best stalemated the guy and they even became friends later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHMo3n12_I&feature=player_detailpage#t=274s

The FTL feats; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTrZg7w4YTo&feature=player_detailpage#t=135s

KingD19
Most versions of Megaman are dangerous.

Even Legends and Legends 2.

BloodRain
The scene seemed to speed up/cut chunks out during the travelling part.

stargun
Well saying the scene was accelerated is speculation and a rather unfair assumption to boot, specially taking into account the fact those two robots are interstellar travelers.

BloodRain
Not much of a speculation or assumption as we can see it jumping ahead, like at the end where it suddenly jumps to the Earth being in view.

stargun
No this is in fact speculation and one that tries to detract from a feat of all things.

BloodRain
So that scene didn't jump through parts to suddenly have the Earth in view?

stargun
Only the camera seemed to follow slightly ahead in order to catch up on the moment they'd arrive on Earth, in this case even anticipating where they would land. No real indication of time speeding up whatsoever.

BloodRain
That'd be ignoring those jump/cuts. More important is that if the camera was anticipating or going ahead, there's nothing to even suggest if it was slightly ahead or just showing the end point.

stargun
An ambiguous artistic rendering like that is better overlooked indeed, at least when dealing with a feat on a vs. forum.

Truth is that scene only depicts a first person view of the flight, just the animation wasn't all that fluid. Now to say the scene jumped ahead in time during that part or when the camera approached the Earth in advance simply boils down to personal interpretation, nothing else really.

BloodRain
Why should we overlook it? If the single FTL feat is him travelling through space to Earth in a moment and the timeframe for it is unquantifiable at best, what makes this a FTL feat?

stargun
Because it's an ambiguous visual effect that could be there simply to look cool if anything. In cases like this the only way an accelerated passage of time could be verified is through narrator's input, otherwise cinematic time is the default. And on top of that those two robots are of alien origin, meaning they are from some other place at least four light-years away, which alone is enough reason not to be skeptic about them being able to cross most of the distance from Saturn to Earth in less than a minute.

BloodRain
Saturn has twin rings? I don't know what method they use for their space trips, but its not something I need to think about here.

Whats ambitious about a sudden scene switch of the Earth in view? There are no explanations I can think of to cover for this, because there is no legit reason for these cuts, using the this segment as any kind of timeframe is unquantifiable.

stargun
Far as I recall it's the only gas giant on our Solar System with rings, unless that fight took place on a different star system.

The animation in the scene right before the Earth was in view that shows the flight from a first person perspective apparently being interpreted as time / distance skips is fairly ambiguos it seems... I mean to even lead someone to make such assumptions in the first place.

The feat is not unquantifiable if there's a cinematic timeframe to work with, which is something only the narration or word of god could dispute.

SevenShackles
Sonic and megaman ftw. Overall better, just better.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Sonic and megaman ftw. Overall better, just better. This depends WILDLY on what's being used, if "everything" is, Link/Mario stomp. Hell, Mario soloes since when 'everything' is in use he's effing multiversal haermm|

I'm withholding an opinion on the outcome of this thread until I know what's in play.

NotAllThatEvil
Considering link is 10 different people, I'm going to need some clarification on who is actually fighting here.

BloodRain
Mario is not multiversal >:[

@stargun: I'm not really getting why its hard to believe that chunks are being skipped when we can see it happening, several times in the vid the POV skips forward and when we see normal forward motion approaching Earth the POV is not advancing at anything close to lightspeed.

It is unless theres a reason for the skips despite showing forward motion when not skipping.

stargun
Upon approaching the Earth they also seemed to be moving a lot slower than when they flew away from that gas giant, it's far more simplistic to just conclude they were accelerating at first and then progressively slowing down during the trip for whatever reason.

Sorry but to say the scene was jumping ahead in time sounds like a blatantly unfair and unecessary assumption, there's no way I'd consider going that path, ever. So with that in mind I rest my case.

This whole discussion is sorta off topic anyways.

BloodRain
And both of those weren't close to lightspeed either. Its not an assumption when nothings being assumed; the scene is cutting parts out so we cant use it as a timeframe.

stargun
Giving it one last shot just to leave my points better explained;

And both of those weren't close to lightspeed either.
Originally posted by stargun
Upon approaching the Earth they also seemed to be moving a lot slower than when they flew away from that gas giant. I only said faster than when arriving on Earth, top speeds got to be achieved when they crossed all that distance in seconds. Say when that peculiar animation shows up.

Its not an assumption when nothings being assumed; the scene is cutting parts out so we cant use it as a timeframe.
Originally posted by stargun
In cases like this the only way an accelerated passage of time could be verified is through narrator's input, otherwise cinematic time is the default.Stuff like subtitles or a voice telling us what's happening.

BloodRain
Cept that it makes little sense that they would slow to those speeds from light-speed, less if it was actually a short time. That and how they'd accelerate from the speed they were at up to light-speed when they were both unconscious (Not sure about Blue, but Evilguy was out before Earths atmosphere burnt him up).

We dont need someone to tell us what we can see. Maybe something could confirm one way or another, but a lack of means nothing. If the scene needs further evidence to say whats happening, what we have now would in fact be unquantifiable. And I don't think we've ever just used a default 'why not' in these situations.

TheRusmeister
Provided Link was backed with the Master Sword, and some other key gear, I believe he'd smite Sonic after a few boughts, charges and spin attacks.

Mario Versus Megaman though.. That would be a fight to remember.

NemeBro
Originally posted by TheRusmeister
Provided Link was backed with the Master Sword, and some other key gear, I believe he'd smite Sonic after a few boughts, charges and spin attacks.

Mario Versus Megaman though.. That would be a fight to remember.

You pathetic harlot, mewling like a whore.

Bend over, I'm here to sling some dick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.