Top 10 DC Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
And go!

pym-ftw
As of Nu52?

"Id"
1) GL Kyle (Classic Ring or White Ring)
2) Flash Wally West
3) Cyborg Superman
4) Lobo
5) Mr. Majestic
6) Sinestro
7) Black Adam
8) Tangent Superman
9) Spartan 3.0
10) Wonder Woman

"Id"
Originally posted by pym-ftw
As of Nu52?

Not necessarily.

Pri-Crisis, unless you state otherwise.

pym-ftw
You mean post...

1.) Superman
2.)Darkseid (low end)
3.)Doomsday
4.)Black Adam
5.)Despero
6.)Captain Marvel
7.)Flash Barry
8.)Captain Atom (Dcnu)
9.)Atrocitus
10.)GL Hal

JakeTheBank
Superman
Orion
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)/(Kyle Rayner)
The Flash (Wally West)/(Barry Allen)
Captain Marvel/Black Adam
Sinestro
Cyborg Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Mr. Majestic

Superman, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, Wally West, MMH, WW, CM, BA, Orion, Captain Atom.

Golgo13
Those lists lack the Weird. Shame. Firestorm and the ray as well.

curryman
Before anyone puts Wonder Woman on the list then make sure Captain Comet is there smile

abhilegend
Originally posted by "Id"
2) Flash Wally West
3) Cyborg Superman
4) Lobo
5) Mr. Majestic
6) Sinestro
7) Black Adam
8) Tangent Superman
9) Spartan 3.0
10) Wonder Woman
laughing out loud

Golgo13
These lists are funky. Whats the deal with despero and darkaeid on the top 10.

TheHulk
1)Superman
2)Doomsday
3)Captain Marvel
4)Black Adam
5)Lobo
....that's all I can think off sad

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman
Orion
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)/(Kyle Rayner)
The Flash (Wally West)/(Barry Allen)
Captain Marvel/Black Adam
Sinestro
Cyborg Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Mr. Majestic

Thunder Gods > Sinestro?

Also, can anyone educate me on Orion. Not being a dick, but everyone mentions the Astro Force/Motherbox but all I ever see from him is punching things or shooting from his little scooter.

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
2) Flash Wally West
3) Cyborg Superman
4) Lobo
5) Mr. Majestic
6) Sinestro
7) Black Adam
8) Tangent Superman
9) Spartan 3.0
10) Wonder Woman

This.

Mshinu
Lobo, Captain Atom, Superman, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, GL Hal, Sinestro, Orion, Cyborg Supes, Mr Majestic.

Sixth_Winged
Gl hal
Gl kyle
Superman
Flash
Orion
Wonderwoman
Martian Manhunter
Sentinel
Dr Fate
Shazam

Cogito
For the life of me I can't understand why the Flashes (Wally/Barry) are so highly regarded on these boards.

Against opponents not named Zoom, they rarely contribute much, and equally rarely display HH abilities.

Wally and Barry have to be the overall weakest in reality, not necessarily powerset of any characters mentioned here.

-Pr-
You take that back. Wally's a national treasure. sneer

Mshinu
Originally posted by Cogito
For the life of me I can't understand why the Flashes (Wally/Barry) are so highly regarded on these boards.

Against opponents not named Zoom, they rarely contribute much, and equally rarely display HH abilities.

Wally and Barry have to be the overall weakest in reality, not necessarily powerset of any characters mentioned here.

Indeed. The Flashes are must have the same chronic flu Manhunter carries.

Cogito
Originally posted by -Pr-
You take that back. Wally's a national treasure. sneer

no expression

Make me, *****

-Pr-
no expression

Make me, *****

sad

abhilegend

Take one or two feats and generalise them. You got flashes.

Rao Kal El
Flash suffers from the no limit fallacy syndrome based on the power source.

He is powerful in my book, just not that powerful.

He can be touched by people who can calculate trajectories, move fast or that just plain and simple beings that defy comic logic.

celeyhyga17

They're the CIS off herald kings in these boards.

curryman

Look at how well Wally handled Supergirl when he was holding back and she was trying to kill him.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by curryman
Look at how well Wally handled Supergirl when he was holding back and she was trying to kill him.
DCnU fight? Oh nvm that was Barry.

-Pr-
No; Wally hasn't appeared since the reboot.

curryman
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
DCnU fight? Oh nvm that was Barry.

Shit really? I had been so happy that Barry was back and someone claimed it wasn't true.

Guess I'll start reading the new Flash comics then big grin

the Darkone
Superman
Captain Marvel
Orion
Mr Majestic
Black Adam
Alan Scott
Green Lantern-Hal, John, Kyle,Guy
Wonder Woman
Captain Atom
Fire Storm

Rao Kal El
Superman, Doomsday, Alan Scott, Green Lantern (Kyle or Hal), Dr Fate, Orion, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, The Flash (Wally or Barry), Martian Manhunter.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Thunder Gods > Sinestro?

Also, can anyone educate me on Orion. Not being a dick, but everyone mentions the Astro Force/Motherbox but all I ever see from him is punching things or shooting from his little scooter.

It wasn't really intended on being in any order outside of the order they popped into my head.

Orion with the Astro Force has wrecked planets and has nearly destroyed Earth without targeting it directly. He also once KO'd a younger Superman without trying too hard.

carver9
Orion fights are amazing but his lifting fts are terrible. Every time he has been put into a situation where he has to lift something, he has failed and not enormous items either, I'm talking about items that Thing or Colossus could toss with one hand.

JakeTheBank
Lifting/pushing/pulling feats mean jackshit ultimately. They're nice and it helps to quantify exactly how much weight a character can move in a specific instance, but it doesn't equate into said character faring well in combat feats.

Doomsday and Darkseid have very little in the way of lifting/pushing/moving feats, unlike J'onn who's helped a couple of times on that front. And there's no doubt that either one of them would beat the shit out of J'onn.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Orion fights are amazing but his lifting fts are terrible. Every time he has been put into a situation where he has to lift something, he has failed and not enormous items either, I'm talking about items that Thing or Colossus could toss with one hand.

Like what?

Lifting/pushing/pulling feats mean jackshit ultimately. They're nice and it helps to quantify exactly how much weight a character can move in a specific instance, but it doesn't equate into said character faring well in combat feats.

Doomsday and Darkseid have very little in the way of lifting/pushing/moving feats, unlike J'onn who's helped a couple of times on that front. And there's no doubt that either one of them would beat the shit out of J'onn. but jonn's shit is all retarded so there is that

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
but jonn's shit is all retarded so there is that

True, but you can take someone far more consistent and overall less prone to jobbing like Wonder Woman, who has plenty of shared lifting feats and still know that in spite of Doomsday or Darkseid not having those feats or even better ones, in a fight, she'd get worked.

carver9

Doomsday and Darkseid have very little in the way of lifting/pushing/moving feats, unlike J'onn who's helped a couple of times on that front. And there's no doubt that either one of them would beat the shit out of J'onn.

I agree...I would rank Orion as one of the head honchos but his lifting fts does suck. I wouldn't relly on him to move a mountain if one was about to fall on a city.

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
Like what?

I already discussed this with Galan and I agreed with him...lifting fts doesn't weigh a character.

True, but you can take someone far more consistent and overall less prone to jobbing like Wonder Woman, who has plenty of shared lifting feats and still know that in spite of Doomsday or Darkseid not having those feats or even better ones, in a fight, she'd get worked. yeah i just wanted to mock him. lifting means shit in comics

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
yeah i just wanted to mock him. lifting means shit in comics

thumb up

It's funny because even in the JL/JLU series, outside of a few episodes centered around him, he's always getting his ass kicked or probing someone's mind and spazzing out.

Golgo13
I already discussed this with Galan and I agreed with him...lifting fts doesn't weigh a character.

I'm asking what things has he had trouble lifting?

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
I'm asking what things has he had trouble lifting?

I know but its pointless for me to bring it up because it doesn't matter.

thumb up

It's funny because even in the JL/JLU series, outside of a few episodes centered around him, he's always getting his ass kicked or probing someone's mind and spazzing out. man is the king of the psionic backlash. even in kingdom come, he just got tossed to the trashbin cause of it. writers just dont respect jonn

Golgo13
I know but its pointless for me to bring it up because it doesn't matter.

I just don't remember any off of my head. He might have some, but not many. I remember he lifted a huge rock in Simonson's run.

-Pr-
Hey, be fair to J'onn; the weight of Superman's shadow is quite a heavy load to bear.

Horrificus
Originally posted by 753
yeah i just wanted to mock him. lifting means shit in comics But, when it comes to Hulk fans, lifting feats are very important, because they are some of the only feats he has, that are not directly considered "attacks".

He isn't an interstellar dweller, so there are very few durability feats that involve "cosmic events", hurling of cosmic bodies or constant blasting of planet-destroying power.

He isn't a "sorcerer type", so there are very few feats that involve the stereotypical, other-dimensional hurling of planets and huge blasts of fiery and magical energies at each other.

Guys that cruise around in space, or other dimensions, who can indiscriminately destroy worlds, sometimes stars, negotiating black holes and all manner of other celestial threats, rarely need to, or care to "lift" anything.

"Grounded" characters, regardless of their power levels, are stuck with certain feats, otherwise they jeopardize the worlds they are stuck on.

So, for Hulk, a guy that is usually, (up until recently) stuck on-planet, the lifting feats will still be important.

To a GL, or Silver Surfer, hmmmmm... not so much. But, it sure doesn't mean that they couldn't create some monstrous feats if that was what the story called for.

On the flip side and to give credit where credit is due, I am sure the Hulk is just a writer's pen stroke away from being able to hurl devastating waves of Gamma Energy, or fly by Gamma Propulsion as part of a permanent power-set. He has it in him, somewhere.

Just as the space and magic-faring Heralds have the lifting feats in them, if tapped.

Horrificus
1) The Weird
2) Hal
3) Captain Atom
4) Doomsday
5) Superman
6) Lobo
7) Sinestro
8) Black Adam
9) Captain Marvel
10) Flash

Jennifer613

abhilegend
thumb up

It's funny because even in the JL/JLU series, outside of a few episodes centered around him, he's always getting his ass kicked or probing someone's mind and spazzing out.
That's what J'onn does outside of Trial By Fire and Ghosts of Mars storylines.

Rao Kal El
Vs feats are also bad, because of the jobbing and introductory shock value of new characters.

Think blue bettle getting tossed by doomsday.

Killer crock should shit all over batman.

And so on.

If any, lifting/speed/energy or those type of physical feats are usually given to those characters who can withstand them. That is why we will never see Batman surviving a planet buster, but He could survive Solomon Grundy.

Imo, have to balance them out. If the character has the physical feats ill go for that, if he does not then i use the vs to gauge. What his physical limits could be.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Horrificus
But, when it comes to Hulk fans, lifting feats are very important, because they are some of the only feats he has, that are not directly considered "attacks".

He isn't an interstellar dweller, so there are very few durability feats that involve "cosmic events", hurling of cosmic bodies or constant blasting of planet-destroying power.

He isn't a "sorcerer type", so there are very few feats that involve the stereotypical, other-dimensional hurling of planets and huge blasts of fiery and magical energies at each other.

Guys that cruise around in space, or other dimensions, who can indiscriminately destroy worlds, sometimes stars, negotiating black holes and all manner of other celestial threats, rarely need to, or care to "lift" anything.

"Grounded" characters, regardless of their power levels, are stuck with certain feats, otherwise they jeopardize the worlds they are stuck on.

So, for Hulk, a guy that is usually, (up until recently) stuck on-planet, the lifting feats will still be important.

To a GL, or Silver Surfer, hmmmmm... not so much. But, it sure doesn't mean that they couldn't create some monstrous feats if that was what the story called for.

On the flip side and to give credit where credit is due, I am sure the Hulk is just a writer's pen stroke away from being able to hurl devastating waves of Gamma Energy, or fly by Gamma Propulsion as part of a permanent power-set. He has it in him, somewhere.

Just as the space and magic-faring Heralds have the lifting feats in them, if tapped. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.