Thor vs Sentry (See details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Thor vs Sentry-Slugfest

Round 1. H2H only no hammer for Thor

Round 2. Thor gets his hammer, Sentry can charge his fists

Who wins this ?

yaadaveyaa
well sentry went toe to toe with wwh and wwh>>>>>>>thor sentry wins in both

Damborgson
1. edge to golden boy

2. Thor

Raisen
Sentry for both

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Damborgson
1. edge to golden boy

2. Thor

I will go with this

xJLxKing
Thor both

Dampyre
I'm going with the Sentry here. He has to be physically stronger and more invulnerable than Thor. In the first scenario he wins 7/10.

The hammer evens things up a bit in the second fight but Sentry still wins 6/10. I hope he stays dead for good though. He really sucks as a character.

JakeTheBank
Sentry
Thor

Golgo13
Thor owns Sentry.

Horrificus
Thors

SevenShackles
Don't see how this is so much different from most sentry VS Thor threads, it just gives a 'round 1' throwaway win to sentry by making Thor forget to bring an hammer to a fist fight.

Sentry Wins round 1
Thor wins round 2 via hammer rape

TheHulk
1.Sentry wins 7/10
2.Sentry wins 6/10

Mshinu
SENTRY beats down Goldilocks in both. Bob sucks but can whup pretty much every herald unless they can phuck with his head.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sentry
Thor

curryman
1 - The Sentry wins most.

2 - Can Thor charge his hammer also? That's the difference between him taking a slight majority or winning almost all.

yaadaveyaa
u can give thor all of his powers not rune king but all of thors powers and sentry beats him just using h2h he is way to fast for the asgardian hes 2 seconds ahead at all times this isnt even a close battle

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
u can give thor all of his powers not rune king but all of thors powers and sentry beats him just using h2h he is way to fast for the asgardian hes 2 seconds ahead at all times this isnt even a close battle

Not true, but okay.

SevenShackles
That's abit much.

yaadaveyaa
he is MILES faster hes physically stronger even with thors hammer hes still not hitting him he'd get messed up if u give sentry all his abilities this is a curb stomp but just h2h id give thor all of his powers just not up to rkt if he gets all those then its a reverse stomp on sentry

JakeTheBank
he is MILES faster hes physically stronger even with thors hammer hes still not hitting him he'd get messed up if u give sentry all his abilities this is a curb stomp but just h2h id give thor all of his powers just not up to rkt if he gets all those then its a reverse stomp on sentry

I'm not sure where this notion of being faster than Thor equals beating him easily comes from, but given his history, he's more than capable of defending himself against superspeedsters as well as hitting them. And that's without factoring in his AoE attacks or using Mjolnir as a homing missile.

There are other forms of Thor that aren't as powerful as RKT that would beat the shit out of Sentry.

Khazra Reborn
What has Sentry ever done that would suggest he's stronger than Thor?

eaebiakuya
Sentry can comeback even if someone destroy his entire body at molecular level. How someone will put him down with punches ?

yaadaveyaa
agree to disagree jake sentry is far to strong for thor i dont know of these other versions of thor other then rkt that brings down sentry... and as far as u not understanding y someone who is MUCH faster and MUCH stronger phsyically wins a h2h fight then i cant help ya brother

JakeTheBank
agree to disagree jake sentry is far to strong for thor i dont know of these other versions of thor other then rkt that brings down sentry... and as far as u not understanding y someone who is MUCH faster and MUCH stronger phsyically wins a h2h fight then i cant help ya brother

Much stronger than Thor? That's extremely debatable.

As far as him being faster, goes, I'm not disputing that. But Thor has a history of hitting and perceiving beings faster than he is, so speed alone doesn't equal beating him, especially not when you factor in all of his powers.

yaadaveyaa
do u know what sentrys powers r and how his molecules move seconds faster then everyone else right? in h2h thor gets trounced and if u give him all his powers he'll take some wins but still gets crushed by sentry im not saying its a curb stomp when thor is full powered but he loses very very badly

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yaada, are you like referring to original miniseries or Void? Because that's the only way your comments make any sense tbh.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Golgo13
Thor owns Sentry.

no expression

Uhhhhh... No

SENTRY wins both

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yaada, are you like referring to original miniseries or Void? Because that's the only way your comments make any sense tbh.

im just using sentry/void in general sentry it self
The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)#ixzz2RWVtiV1Z

thats what im referring to

yaadaveyaa
Sentry's powers are limitless, http://marvel.com/universe/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)

In effect, the Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)#ixzz2RWXMFkPi

the explnation for his powers is quite irrelevant and they are clearly not limitless, that's just hyperbole. sentry couldnt put down wwh.

JakeTheBank
Silver Surfer's powers have been described as limitless...

lots of folks have

bbrem123
Originally posted by 753
the explnation for his powers is quite irrelevant and they are clearly not limitless, that's just hyperbole. sentry couldnt put down wwh. i love how everybody uses that showing as a power gauge for sentry

tkitna
Originally posted by 753
sentry couldnt put down wwh.

He didnt try to.

of course he did

the Darkone
Thor in both, convincingly.

tkitna
Originally posted by 753
of course he did

So people that stand there and allow the opponent to hit them are trying to win the fight?

thats not the figh I read as there was plenty more going on

tkitna
Well clue us in since your reading comprehension obviously differs.

the comic speaks for itself really:

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Durability/WWHBlunt05WWH5.jpg.html

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Sentry can comeback even if someone destroy his entire body at molecular level. How someone will put him down with punches ? ko

Raisen
Originally posted by 753
the explnation for his powers is quite irrelevant and they are clearly not limitless, that's just hyperbole. sentry couldnt put down wwh.

Nobody put down WWH. Sentry's showing in WWH shouldn't be a gauge for Sentry's power, but testament and a display of how the writers intended Hulk's power level to be at that time. I think many would agree that standard Thor wouldn't have done better than Sentry in the WWH.

Sentry wins a heavy majority in both scenarios

/thread

tkitna
Originally posted by 753
the comic speaks for itself really:

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Durability/WWHBlunt05WWH5.jpg.html

Shame those scans dont show the numerous punches the Sentry allowed the Hulk to have while he was laughing. Sentry used the Hulk as a tool to unleash all of his built up energy. Bob may have overestimated himself in thinking it would kill the Hulk, but actually trying to fight to win,,,,,,,,,um no.

tkitna
Sentry wins in both cases here in this thread.

h1a8
Originally posted by ozz81
Thor vs Sentry-Slugfest

Round 1. H2H only no hammer for Thor

Round 2. Thor gets his hammer, Sentry can charge his fists

Who wins this ?

1. Most Sentrys win here
2. Depends on which Sentry
a. Sentry at his conception wins
b. unstable Sentry loses
c. WWH Sentry wins

the Darkone
Each battle favors Thor more than Sentry, the second battle Thor will unload on Sentry and beat him some bad, that Sentry will have a mental breakdown!!

TheHulk
Originally posted by tkitna
Shame those scans dont show the numerous punches the Sentry allowed the Hulk to have while he was laughing. Sentry used the Hulk as a tool to unleash all of his built up energy. Bob may have overestimated himself in thinking it would kill the Hulk, but actually trying to fight to win,,,,,,,,,um no. I would go to a full debate. But I got a better question.

Dafuq Sentry was there for then? Hulk had every Hero left that could stop him on a leash,He was about to "kill" the Illuminati,it was about to be over.....but who was actually left? The Sentry,he himself prob knew that and that's why,at the end he came down like a Superman,evil face,and decided to stop Hulk not to almost purposely lose...or act crazy....in fact he actually blasted Hulk a lot of times than people thought LOLOLOL it was not only a slugfest actually... :eek;

Whatever the case,both were arguably holding back....but yea quite obvious,Hulk for what he shown in HOTM arc,was holding back more.

tkitna
Originally posted by TheHulk
I would go to a full debate. But I got a better question.

Dafuq Sentry was there for then? Hulk had every Hero left that could stop him on a leash,He was about to "kill" the Illuminati,it was about to be over.....but who was actually left? The Sentry,he himself prob knew that and that's why,at the end he came down like a Superman,evil face,and decided to stop Hulk not to almost purposely lose...or act crazy....in fact he actually blasted Hulk a lot of times than people thought LOLOLOL it was not only a slugfest actually... :eek;

Whatever the case,both were arguably holding back....but yea quite obvious,Hulk for what he shown in HOTM arc,was holding back more.

The Sentry was there because he was begged to go as he was the only known hero powerful enough to stop WWH. Bob was bat sh1t crazy at the time anyways and thought releasing his energy would fix that (for some reason) and he figured when he did, it would kill the Hulk (he wsnt sure the earth would make it either). He was wrong. Its also clear, Bob was trying to channel the energy through the wind tunnels so as to not destroy the area around him. Whatever the case, it was a poorly written story as usual. Regardless, if somebody was trying to win a fight, they dont let the other guy pound on them without trying to defend themselves. Hell, Sentry was asking for more. It was stupid, yet people take that as Sentry trying his hardest to win. Lol.

Yeah, they were both holding back. If the Void came out to play, the Hulk would have been killed or maimed as he was the few encounters before.

carver9
Tkitna is wrong. He is forgetting in the beginning Hulk allowed Sentry to hit him as well. Then, let's not forget the fact that Hulk combos came when he got fed up with Sentry blitzing him through buildings. Sentry unleashed on Hulk like he's never done again.

carver9
Originally posted by Raisen
Nobody put down WWH. Sentry's showing in WWH shouldn't be a gauge for Sentry's power, but testament and a display of how the writers intended Hulk's power level to be at that time. I think many would agree that standard Thor wouldn't have done better than Sentry in the WWH.

Sentry wins a heavy majority in both scenarios

/thread

Thor already faced WWH and got tossed around by a mere footstep with Hulk saying "the Avengers isn't a threat to him, sit on the sidelines and let Skaar fight".

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
Tkitna is wrong. He is forgetting in the beginning Hulk allowed Sentry to hit him as well. Then, let's not forget the fact that Hulk combos came when he got fed up with Sentry blitzing him through buildings. Sentry unleashed on Hulk like he's never done again.

No, i'm right.

Was Sentry trying to evade the Hulk punches at all?

Sentry unleashed energy, not a physical beating. He barely fought at all. He only gave him a few half assed karate chops and so forth to goad him into hitting him.

The Sorrow
No, i'm right.

Sentry unleashed energy, not a physical beating. He barely fought at all. He only gave him a few half assed karate chops and so forth to goad him into hitting him.
At the start of the fight Sentry was using pure physical force and speed (he was bullrushing/blitzing Hulk at speed through buildings), once Hulk got serious and started landing on he Bob he changed tactics (started unleashing his full energies) and basically went for broke but ultimately failed to take Hulk down.. Sentry himself and Greg Pak stated he was going all out but ultimately it wasn't enough, that should be a testament to the Hulk's power level but is somehow twisted into a low showing for Sentry?

It might not have been the most epic fight ever in terms of scope and collateral damage but imo it had a good emotional payoff and made sense because of Hulk and Sentrys past friendship.

Mindset
Sentry burned himself out pimp slapping Hulk.

tkitna
Originally posted by The Sorrow
At the start of the fight Sentry was using pure physical force and speed (he was bullrushing/blitzing Hulk at speed through buildings), once Hulk got serious and started landing on he Bob he changed tactics (started unleashing his full energies) and basically went for broke but ultimately failed to take Hulk down.. Sentry himself and Greg Pak stated he was going all out but ultimately it wasn't enough, that should be a testament to the Hulk's power level but is somehow twisted into a low showing for Sentry?

It might not have been the most epic fight ever in terms of scope and collateral damage but imo it had a good emotional payoff and made sense because of Hulk and Sentrys past friendship.

He was antagonizing him so he would fight. Do people not remember when the Sentry was basically laughing and having an orgasm when the Hulk was teeing off on him (in which the Sentry did nothing to defend himself from). How can people say that was Sentry at his best. He was not trying to win that fight.

TheHulk
The Sentry was there because he was begged to go as he was the only known hero powerful enough to stop WWH. This pretty much helped my case actually,cause it all proves that Sentry was seriously needed so that's why he charged in. laughing out loud no matter how you look at it.

Bob was bat sh1t crazy at the time anyways and thought releasing his energy would fix that (for some reason) and he figured when he did, it would kill the Hulk (he wsnt sure the earth would make it either). He was wrong. Its also clear, Bob was trying to channel the energy through the wind tunnels so as to not destroy the area around him. Bob was not. I mean seriously,believe it or not just because a person laughs off an attack that did physically hurt them,does not mean they are wackos. Hercules face was being pounded in by Hulk, and Herc was just standing there tanking it,despite his face was mashed into a potato by the 4th punch Hulk threw already. No one is calling Herc a wacko for that What the f**k? whether or not Herc was there for diplomacy,the point still stands. Hercules was there to stop Hulk,he ignored his attacks that were eventually gonna bring him down,but no one is calling Hercules crazy. It's the same for Sentry,just because he ignored them does not mean he is crazy.....in fact in battles you barely see Sentry use his agility at all,not saying he can't,just saying you barely see him use it. The few times he used his agility was to save the doc from a bullet going through his head.

Whatever the case, it was a poorly written story as usual. Regardless, if somebody was trying to win a fight, they dont let the other guy pound on them without trying to defend themselves. Hell, Sentry was asking for more. It was stupid, yet people take that as Sentry trying his hardest to win. Lol. His mind was down to earth regardless,seriously i seen Hulk vs Thor,Hulk vs Hercules and Hulk vs Namor and Hulk vs Iron Man, Lol tell me why do this characters,who have way better agility than Hulk still get tagged? don't give me PIS,don't give me CIS either. As a matter of fact,Hulk even tagged Quicksilver once,not saying it brings anything to this arguement.

Yeah, they were both holding back. If the Void came out to play, the Hulk would have been killed or maimed as he was the few encounters before. WWH is stronger than Savage Hulk thank you very much,not saying he would put up a fight,but to say Void would have treated WWH the same way he did to Savage is plain wrong. First of Hulk is supposedly more durable than Savage Hulk. Secondly, When Trauma an omega class mutant who had the ability to morph into his opponents darkest fear,for example,If WWH was still afraid of The Void,Trauma would have shapeshift into the Void,but guess what? he did not -.-. Thirdly WWH,of course with a little help,took down and pretty much tanked Avengers,X-Men,F4 and pretty much got the world on lock down,just like Void did back in the mini series.

Again i'm not saying WWH could have put up a fight against Void,but just saying he would not have been treated the same.

-Pr-
Guys, please make sure Void isn't included in this.

The Sorrow
He was antagonizing him so he would fight. Do people not remember when the Sentry was basically laughing and having an orgasm when the Hulk was teeing off on him (in which the Sentry did nothing to defend himself from). How can people say that was Sentry at his best. He was not trying to win that fight.
Bob is mentally unstable at the best of times and has never been a smart fighter, often relying on raw power to get the job done. Eh? How is Sentry pinning the Hulk under a tornado of energy, and surrounding himself in his unleashed power and energy tendrils not defending himself? Very few heralds, if any, could've did what Hulk did in that scene, his anger levels were off the charts and shouldn't reflect bad on Bob. It might've hurt for Sentry fans but I don't really see what more he could've done in that final fight.

He took a huge amout of punishment, much more than Hercules who is basically Thor without the hammer and weather powers. I thought it was a good showing given the context /shrug

TheHulk
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, please make sure Void isn't included in this. I could have swore i mention ''what does Void have to do with this'' in my last post confused

TheHulk
Bob is mentally unstable at the best of times and has never been a smart fighter, often relying on raw power to get the job done. Eh? How is Sentry pinning the Hulk under a tornado of energy, and surrounding himself in his unleashed power and energy tendrils not defending himself? Very few heralds, if any, could've did what Hulk did in that scene, his anger levels were off the charts and shouldn't reflect bad on Bob. It might've hurt for Sentry fans but I don't really see what more he could've done in that final fight.

He took a huge amout of punishment, much more than Hercules who is basically Thor without the hammer and weather powers. I thought it was a good showing given the context /shrug thumb up

bbrem123
No, i'm right.

Sentry unleashed energy, not a physical beating. He barely fought at all. He only gave him a few half assed karate chops and so forth to goad him into hitting him. you have it right man...people like to ignore his mental issue and what not to downplay his power

Horrificus
Thor already faced WWH and got tossed around by a mere footstep with Hulk saying "the Avengers isn't a threat to him, sit on the sidelines and let Skaar fight". laughing That's right man! Thor was defeated by Hulk's footsteps. roll eyes (sarcastic)

tkitna

Bob was not. I mean seriously,believe it or not just because a person laughs off an attack that did physically hurt them,does not mean they are wackos.

You mean the guy who was afraid to even leave the house and crying to himself was in his right mind? Yeah, ok.

He has tons of speed feats. Heck Wolverine couldnt even lay a hand on him, but yet i'm to believe that he was unable to dodge punches from the Hulk? The fact is, he didnt want to dodge them. He wanted to get hit. Hardly a good way to try to win a fight.

Lol. No it wasn't. Not even close. WWH got the whiney Bob, not the top of his game Bob.

For the sake of the story. Seriously, Thor, Herc, Namor, and Iron Man arent great examples of characters with agility feats. Your right. The Hulk tagging Quicksilver in the 70's brings nothing to your argument.

As long as you agree that he would not have put up a fight is good enough here.

tkitna
How is Sentry pinning the Hulk under a tornado of energy, and surrounding himself in his unleashed power and energy tendrils not defending himself? Very few heralds, if any, could've did what Hulk did in that scene, his anger levels were off the charts and shouldn't reflect bad on Bob. It might've hurt for Sentry fans but I don't really see what more he could've done in that final fight.

Lol. He could have moved when the Hulk was punching him and maybe not beg for more physical punishment. That would have been a start. Also, are you really indicating that when the Sentry had the Hulk suspended in mid air and was focusing on emitting the energy through wind tunnels that he was actually defending himself? I dont know what to say. Really, thats just mind boggling that you think that way.

After the fight Bob had with Genis and the Collective, I thought it was a horrible showing. Pak really out did himself with that one.

TheHulk
You mean the guy who was afraid to even leave the house and crying to himself was in his right mind? Yeah, ok. Are you saying a man cannot cry under pressure,when literally the fate of the world rest on him? Yes they are super heroes but they still can crack under heavy pressure and yes i admit that it did not happen before but still my point stands! and Whether phobia is a case of instability is very debatable What the f**k?

He has tons of speed feats. Heck Wolverine couldnt even lay a hand on him, but yet i'm to believe that he was unable to dodge punches from the Hulk? The fact is, he didnt want to dodge them. He wanted to get hit. Hardly a good way to try to win a fight. There is a difference between Speed and Agility....read my post again..

Lol. No it wasn't. Not even close. WWH got the whiney Bob, not the top of his game Bob. Top of his game Sentry is still at best a High Herald to Low Trans,WWH is a solid Low Trans.

For the sake of the story. Seriously, Thor, Herc, Namor, and Iron Man arent great examples of characters with agility feats. Your right. The Hulk tagging Quicksilver in the 70's brings nothing to your argument. Are you seriously trying to use the old "We'll it's for the story,that is why Character X lasted this long" story?? But anyway are you trying to suggest the guys I listed aren't Agile? Sure Sentry is more agile than most of them but still. The amount of years after a feat is produced does matter at all,unless it was Ret-Conned,Contradicts stuff or 100%,undisputable,undebatable and unarguably PIS.

As long as you agree that he would not have put up a fight is good enough here. laughing out loud

SamZED
If I may way in... In a matter of seconds Bob went from crying and rockin back on forth to "I. AM. GODDD!!!" and then back to whining. Id say thats instability all right..

TheHulk
Originally posted by SamZED
If I may way in... In a matter of seconds Bob went from crying and rockin back on forth to "I. AM. GODDD!!!" and then back to whining. Id say thats instability all right.. To be fair,many accounts were made on how Sentry was like god or even more powerful(stated once at least),Seriousness though the man was afraid to do more damage....and when he decided "you know what? **** it!" He brought it to Hulk,like no one did,in that arc.

Lol look anyway I still vote a non holding back WWH>Non holding back Sentry.

SamZED
Fair enough. Id give Sentry the majority due to speed advantage. Void however is a different story.

Shame those scans dont show the numerous punches the Sentry allowed the Hulk to have while he was laughing. Sentry used the Hulk as a tool to unleash all of his built up energy. Bob may have overestimated himself in thinking it would kill the Hulk, but actually trying to fight to win,,,,,,,,,um no. this is a joke. it was plainly stated that sentry gave it his best and failed to put down the hulk. he pummeled him, blasted him, bullrushed him and literally exhausted himself to not come out on top. that's it. there is nothing more to it.

Edit: as per forum rules, void and sentry aren't intechangeable, so you'd have to show which sentry only feats show he should have pawned the wwh or thor, for that matter.

bbrem123
sentry didnt even know how his powers work then...so wwh fight is weak for debating his powers

carver9
Where was it stated "Sentry not know how his powers worked"?

Originally posted by bbrem123
sentry didnt even know how his powers work then...so wwh fight is weak for debating his powers yes, but voidtry can only be used as a separate character here. Void is definitely above hulk and thor, but a non-void sentry is really just a high herald

zeel
Silver Surfer's powers have been described as limitless...

and yet thor does very well against surfer.

Sentry is overrated theses days. In hand to hand good fight but thor loses with his hammer thor wins.

Raisen
Originally posted by zeel
and yet thor does very well against surfer.

I'm thoroughly convinced this is due to sales. Surfer transmutes himself into a Down Syndrome kid whenever he fights Thor.

bbrem123
Originally posted by 753
yes, but voidtry can only be used as a separate character here. Void is definitely above hulk and thor, but a non-void sentry is really just a high herald that is what i hate about the sentry character haha....they need to fix him in his return

bbrem123
Where was it stated "Sentry not know how his powers worked"? he figures them out in siege...he even comment about it after the mm fight

carver9
In Siege there was a mixture of the Void and Sentry moving back and forth between the scene. Its non usable imo if its concerning Sentry.

tkitna
Are you saying a man cannot cry under pressure,when literally the fate of the world rest on him? Yes they are super heroes but they still can crack under heavy pressure and yes i admit that it did not happen before but still my point stands! and Whether phobia is a case of instability is very debatable What the f**k?

I'm saying that the Sentry is a schizophrenic. He's been written that way since his inception. Surely you know this. The Sentry in WWH ws emo Bob. He was whining and afraid to even go outside. How are you trying to justify that he was mentally stable?

Whats the point here? The Sentry has shown to be more then fast enough to be able to dodge some punches from the Hulk. I suppose he has to try though.

Yes. Why do you think the writer had the Sentry flying off and crying when he faced the Human Torch during the Invaders/Avengers storyline? Because the story would have lasted three panels. The Sentry could have taken the entire team out by himself. Stuff like that lends to bad stories. Theres thousands of these type of examples. I'm surprised you believe everything you read. You probably think Spiderman is more powerful then Firelord too huh? Hey, it happened so it must be right.

Agile isnt the word I associate with when characters like Thor, Hercules, and Iron Man are mentioned.

Ok great. He hit Quicksilver but Spiderman can dodge him for days. Makes perfect sense to me.

tkitna
Originally posted by 753
this is a joke. it was plainly stated that sentry gave it his best and failed to put down the hulk. he pummeled him, blasted him, bullrushed him and literally exhausted himself to not come out on top. that's it. there is nothing more to it.

If Pak was trying to show Sentry at his best in a fight where he stands there and allows his opponent to continuously punch him while doing nothing to prevent it, then he failed miserably.

Never agreed with those forums rules as I think the Sentry at his best is Void, but it is what it is. I think the fight with Genis where they were exerting enough energy and punching each other hard enough to shatter worlds in the microverse (while holding back) was a Sentry that should pawned WWH. Not the whiney Bob that was written.

bbrem123
yes^

Stoic
sentry didnt even know how his powers work then...so wwh fight is weak for debating his powers

That makes very little sense. Bob easily wrecked Terrax, so if he didn't know how to use his powers, Terrax would have won that battle. Bob was simply up against a power above his in that fight with the Hulk. I would also like to bring up the fact that Bob defeated the Void on his own. So, for those thinking that the Void would wreck Thor, how do you think a guy that wrecked the Void would do against Thor? Just something to think on I guess?

bbrem123
Originally posted by Stoic
That makes very little sense. Bob easily wrecked Terrax, so if he didn't know how to use his powers, Terrax would have won that battle. Bob was simply up against a power above his in that fight with the Hulk. I would also like to bring up the fact that Bob defeated the Void on his own. So, for those thinking that the Void would wreck Thor, how do you think a guy that wrecked the Void would do against Thor? Just something to think on I guess? it says it plan as day in dark avengers

Stoic
it says it plan as day in dark avengers

You mean the Molecule Man feat? If so you are talking about a new power set, but this does not negate his physical attributes (Sentry's). Long before that feat however, he resisted many forms of powers when he went at it with the Collective, as well as resisting forces given off by a Cosmic Cube. What I am saying is that Bob's ability to tank or resist huge forces did not begin with Owen. In retrospect, I fail to see him being more powerful in that instance, than his previous high showings. Maybe it's just me though.

carver9
In Siege there was a mixture of the Void and Sentry moving back and forth between the scene. Its non usable imo if its concerning Sentry.

It really doesn't matter since Void had his part during Siege in regards to Bob versatility.

Stoic
It really doesn't matter since Void had his part during Siege in regards to Bob versatility.

Are you having a conversation with yourself Carv? big grin

Tony Stark
Let's get something straight... Either Siege or Dark Avengers SENTRY would have sat WWH down on his ass for the count.

TheHulk
I'm saying that the Sentry is a schizophrenic. He's been written that way since his inception. Surely you know this. The Sentry in WWH was emo Bob. He was whining and afraid to even go outside. How are you trying to justify that he was mentally stable? Yes i know that of course....actually almost all forum members who know little of Sentry should know that.

Anyway ever heard of cryptophobia? cause that is the case for Sentry in WWH.

Whats the point here? The Sentry has shown to be more then fast enough to be able to dodge some punches from the Hulk. I suppose he has to try though. Lol the point is you are saying Speed and Agility are the same thing,while true they are releted but they are different attributes.

Yes. Why do you think the writer had the Sentry flying off and crying when he faced the Human Torch during the Invaders/Avengers storyline? Because the story would have lasted three panels. The Sentry could have taken the entire team out by himself. Stuff like that lends to bad stories. Theres thousands of these type of examples. I'm surprised you believe everything you read. You probably think Spiderman is more powerful then Firelord too huh? Hey, it happened so it must be right. The fact that you are complaining about bad writing is.....*sigh* nevermind,let's drop this one...

Agile isnt the word I associate with when characters like Thor, Hercules, and Iron Man are mentioned. Lol than you know nothing about the characters or what i meant.

Ok great. He hit Quicksilver but Spiderman can dodge him for days. Makes perfect sense to me. Spider-Man dodging is as a common thing as Hulk getting Angry and Superman avoiding killing even his enemies. That is a terrible example.

SamZED
Originally posted by Stoic
That makes very little sense. Bob easily wrecked Terrax, so if he didn't know how to use his powers, Terrax would have won that battle. Bob was simply up against a power above his in that fight with the Hulk. I would also like to bring up the fact that Bob defeated the Void on his own. So, for those thinking that the Void would wreck Thor, how do you think a guy that wrecked the Void would do against Thor? Just something to think on I guess? But it is true. Untill that point Sentry was tapping into those powers (at times by accident even) without knowing how they actually work, he didnt have real control that's why his powers were said to go up and down depending on his mindset, he was using them subcounciously. The whiney Bob is the worst (powerwise) kind of Sentry there is.
Also Sentry defeating Void is more of mental struggle than a fight. Even back when Bob didnt know they're one and the same.

The Sorrow
Lol. He could have moved when the Hulk was punching him and maybe not beg for more physical punishment. That would have been a start. Also, are you really indicating that when the Sentry had the Hulk suspended in mid air and was focusing on emitting the energy through wind tunnels that he was actually defending himself? I dont know what to say. Really, thats just mind boggling that you think that way.

After the fight Bob had with Genis and the Collective, I thought it was a horrible showing. Pak really out did himself with that one.
This is SENTRY we're talking about here, a drug addict who was scared of his own shadow most of the time, fighting smart is not a part of his character.If anything, Bob overestimated his own powers whilst underestimating the Hulk and he paid for it. He tried the hit and run tactics earlier in the fight but once that failed he went power vs power. There wasn't really anything he could've done as Hulk was just too powerful at that point.

How is attacking with a large maelstrom of energy not defending yourself? At that moment you can literally see Hulks flesh being torn from his body, and Sentry is still blasting him from his hands, he also catches Hulks punch. Just seems like you're looking for excuses when you don't need to be, Sentry showed great durabilty and forced Banner to revert back. Thor has never pushed the Hulk that far before.

bbrem123
But it is true. Untill that point Sentry was tapping into those powers (at times by accident even) without knowing how they actually work, he didnt have real control that's why his powers were said to go up and down depending on his mindset, he was using them subcounciously. The whiney Bob is the worst (powerwise) kind of Sentry there is.
Also Sentry defeating Void is more of mental struggle than a fight. Even back when Bob didnt know they're one and the same. spot on^

TheHulk
This is SENTRY we're talking about here, a drug addict who was scared of his own shadow most of the time, fighting smart is not a part of his character.If anything, Bob overestimated his own powers whilst underestimating the Hulk and he paid for it. He tried the hit and run tactics earlier in the fight but once that failed he went power vs power. There wasn't really anything he could've done as Hulk was just too powerful at that point.

How is attacking with a large maelstrom of energy not defending yourself? At that moment you can literally see Hulks flesh being torn from his body, and Sentry is still blasting him from his hands, he also catches Hulks punch. Just seems like you're looking for excuses when you don't need to be, Sentry showed great durabilty and forced Banner to revert back. Thor has never pushed the Hulk that far before. thumb up

This is what "Spot on" means Bebrem!

curryman
Thor has never pushed the Hulk that far before.

Yes he has.

He has knocked out the Hulk.

Which in turn caused him to revert back to Banner.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by curryman
Yes he has.

Which in turn caused him to revert back to Banner.
When?

carver9
When?

When he hit him on top of the head with lightning. He's also forgetting what happened after that.

TheHulk
Yes he has.

Which in turn caused him to revert back to Banner. I remember that issue...but the difference on what happen in WWH#5 and that issue I forgot is different...Thor suckered Hulk with lighting....Sentry went head on Fist fight Hulk till he reverted. Thor in almost each occasion where a fist fight was placed,has either lost or Hulk obviously got the better of him...

curryman
Incredible Hulk Annual 25.

I remember issue...but the difference on what happen in WWH#5 and that issue I forgot is different...Thor suckered Hulk with lighting....Sentry went head on Fist fight Hulk till he reverted. Thor in almost each occasion where a fist fight was placed,has either lost or Hulk obviously got the better of him...

When'd this loss happen?

How is it a sucker hit? They're fighting and Thor says that it's over. Hulk runs at him and gets struck by a lightning-bolt.

TheHulk

When'd this loss happen?

How is it a sucker hit? They're fighting and Thor says that it's over. Hulk runs at him and gets struck by a lightning-bolt. Because you can clearly see Hulk charging to Thor,Thor summons lighting and BOOM! You can obviously see the lighting strikes Hulk in the back...which he did not expect....okay not a sucker attack but Hulk obviously did know it was coming...

curryman
Because you can clearly see Hulk charging to Thor,Thor summons lighting and BOOM! You can obviously see the lighting strikes Hulk in the back...which he did not expect....okay not a sucker attack but Hulk obviously did know it was coming...

That's one of the many advantages about being able to control the weather.

If you wanna talk about cheap-shots then you can think about the two times Hulk attacks Thor while he's being teleported. Once when Thor's trying to move them away from people and then when he's saving Banner's life....

TheHulk
That's one of the many advantages about being able to control the weather.

If you wanna talk about cheap-shots then you can think about the two times Hulk attacks Thor while he's being teleported. Once when Thor's trying to move them away from people and then when he's saving Banner's life.... I think you missed my point....

Lol and yea,Hulk suckered attack him,but in each instances...Thor got back up to fight Him fairly.

carver9
Somebody forgot what happened after that.

http://m226.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/1.jpg.html
http://m226.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg.html
http://m226.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg.html

3 hits.

curryman
I think you missed my point....

Lol and yea,Hulk suckered attack him,but in each instances...Thor got back up to fight Him fairly.

I didn't miss your point, it was just a terrible one.

I responded to someone who claimed that Thor had never knocked out the Hulk. He was wrong.

TheHulk
I didn't miss your point, it was just a terrible one.

I responded to someone who claimed that Thor had never knocked out the Hulk. He was wrong. Believe it or not you dud or just avoided it!

If you are responding to another post....than quote properly!! You can quote more than 1 time in a single post... sick

curryman
Believe it or not you dud or just avoided it!

If you are responding to another post....than quote properly!! You can quote more than 1 time in a single post... sick

I know it's very hard to deal with all these artist interpretations.

Thor's powers function differently.

He also hit the Hulk strength in the face with lightning earlier in the comic, and then picked him up like a helpless child and carried him off. Unlike Sentry, Thor doesn't need to kill himself to take down the Hulk. He just needs to work the hammer smile

TheHulk
I know it's very hard to deal with all these artist interpretations.

Thor's powers function differently.

He also hit the Hulk strength in the face with lightning earlier in the comic, and then picked him up like a helpless child and carried him off. Unlike Sentry, Thor doesn't need to kill himself to take down the Hulk. He just needs to work the hammer smile at this point,I think you forgotten what was the topic..

curryman
at this point,I think you forgotten what was the topic..

Yes. Thor-Sentry comparisons here as so crazy off topic.

The Sorrow

When'd this loss happen?

How is it a sucker hit? They're fighting and Thor says that it's over. Hulk runs at him and gets struck by a lightning-bolt.
Lol the two instances aren't remotely the same. Green Scar (WWH) was far more powerful than than Savage Hulk and didn't revert back to human just from being unconscious. Banner and Bob literally beat on each other until their powered up forms couldn't take anymore punishment, something that afaik, had never happened to either character before.

Savage Hulk usually reverts back to Banner when he is knocked unconscious. It can be argued that the Hulk lowered his guard once Thor turned his back which aided the ko plus it seemed to only last a few seconds, but i'll leave that arguement to you and "TheHulk". In fact iirc Hulk didn't even revert back to Banner after the lightning attack so you're wrong on both accounts. Nowhere near as impressive as what Sentry did in pushing a much more powerful incarnation of the Hulk to his limits.

I think the fight with Genis where they were exerting enough energy and punching each other hard enough to shatter worlds in the microverse (while holding back) was a Sentry that should pawned WWH. Not the whiney Bob that was written. that was pretty impressive indeed, though I still do not think it's enough to warrant a claim Sentry would pawn WWH.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by 753
that was pretty impressive indeed, though I still do not think it's enough to warrant a claim Sentry would pawn WWH.
thumb up

tkitna

How is attacking with a large maelstrom of energy not defending yourself? At that moment you can literally see Hulks flesh being torn from his body, and Sentry is still blasting him from his hands, he also catches Hulks punch. Just seems like you're looking for excuses when you don't need to be, Sentry showed great durabilty and forced Banner to revert back. Thor has never pushed the Hulk that far before.

Releasing energy like that is using offense during the fight, not defending ones self. Defending ones self would be to actually try and dodge a punch and not beg the Hulk to keep hitting him. I'm not sure why you cant understand that. Have you ever been in a fight and stood there asking for the other guy to keep punching you? I would hope not. Also, why did the Sentry suspend the Hulk in the air? Dont you think a range attack would be a lot more effective if your trying to win. Once again, the Sentry used the Hulk as a tool for his own benefit. Nothing more in that fight.

tkitna
Originally posted by 753
that was pretty impressive indeed, though I still do not think it's enough to warrant a claim Sentry would pawn WWH.

Cool. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Peace

carver9
Releasing energy like that is using offense during the fight, not defending ones self. Defending ones self would be to actually try and dodge a punch and not beg the Hulk to keep hitting him. I'm not sure why you cant understand that. Have you ever been in a fight and stood there asking for the other guy to keep punching you? I would hope not. Also, why did the Sentry suspend the Hulk in the air? Dont you think a range attack would be a lot more effective if your trying to win. Once again, the Sentry used the Hulk as a tool for his own benefit. Nothing more in that fight.

Sentry didn't suspend Hulk in the air. Look at Hulk hands.

http://m118.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/bigbran1/wwh019.jpg.html

You also keep forgetting the part where Hulk allowed Sentry to hit him. By the way, imo, its debatable if Sentry allowed Hull to hit him. Sentry during mid blitz got punched in the face and Hulk kept pounding away.

tkitna
Sentry didn't suspend Hulk in the air. Look at Hulk hands.

http://m118.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/bigbran1/wwh019.jpg.html

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2968/aawwh05018.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7157/aawwh05021.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1020/aawwh05022.jpg

It clearly shows the Sentry levitating in the first scan and the Hulk jumping up to him in the second. When did they land?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/892/aawwh05015.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5948/aawwh05023.jpg

The fact that he was talking instead of moving kind of ends the debate to me. Seriously Carver?

carver9
@tkitna...

Again, look at Hulks hands and you'll see why he was able to stay in the air. "Look at what he is holding on too".

Yes, he was talking but that doesn't mean he was able to prevent Hulk from punching his face in.

thumb up hulk held onto the energy tendrils. it aint even the first time he held on to massless shit.

curryman
Lol the two instances aren't remotely the same. Green Scar (WWH) was far more powerful than than Savage Hulk and didn't revert back to human just from being unconscious. Banner and Bob literally beat on each other until their powered up forms couldn't take anymore punishment, something that afaik, had never happened to either character before.

Savage Hulk usually reverts back to Banner when he is knocked unconscious. It can be argued that the Hulk lowered his guard once Thor turned his back which aided the ko plus it seemed to only last a few seconds, but i'll leave that arguement to you and "TheHulk". In fact iirc Hulk didn't even revert back to Banner after the lightning attack so you're wrong on both accounts. Nowhere near as impressive as what Sentry did in pushing a much more powerful incarnation of the Hulk to his limits.

Denial is a wonderful thing.

Thor handled a powered up WWH, but I guess as long as it's not the exact showing as the Sentry had it won't really matter.

tkitna
This thread has run its course and everybody is beating a dead horse as usual. The WWH/Sentry fight was terrible and it seems everybody perceives it differently. The fact that Pak had to explain it in an interview should indicate how weak it was story wise, but whatever.

Back on subject though. I still feel Sentry beats Thor when he's on his game.

The Sorrow
Hulk did the exact same thing as Sentry, you're just sounding butthurt he didn't fight the perfect fight tbh and are willing to throw out Bob's character to prove a point. He never fights smart, partly because he is insane and partly because he believed he was more powerful than everyone else which was often Sentrys downfall. I fail to see how flying above the city (against an opponent who cannot fly) and surrounding yourself in energy that 99% of heralds wouldn't be able to tank without shields, magical protection etc isn't a ranged attack or form of defence but that's just me, agree to disagree I guess.

The Sorrow
Denial is a wonderful thing.

Thor handled a powered up WWH, but I guess as long as it's not the exact showing as the Sentry had it won't really matter.
You still just spouting random stuff and hoping something sticks? Thor wasn't in WWH.

curryman
You still just spouting random stuff and hoping something sticks? Thor wasn't in WWH.

not talking about the arc.

And big words coming from a guy who tried to claim that Thor had never made Hulk revert laughing

The Sorrow
not talking about the arc.

And big words coming from a guy who tried to claim that Thor had never made Hulk revert laughing
You said WWH, that's an arc not a character. What relevance does your post have to do with anything that was being discussed?

It's not a claim it's a fact.

curryman
You said WWH, that's an arc not a character. What relevance does your post have to do with anything that was being discussed?

It's not a claim it's a fact.

What do you call the Hulk in that state?

The Sorrow
What do you call the Hulk in that state?
Angry? Fuming? Pissed? It's what the Hulk does. If you want to be technical it was the "Gravage" persona at the time.

curryman
Angry? Fuming? Pissed? It's what the Hulk does. If you want to be technical it was the "Gravage" persona at the time.

The same that was possessed by Nul it seems.

yaadaveyaa
SENTRY AT HIS BEST DESTROYS IN THIS FIGHT ITS CLOSE TO SPITE IDK Y THIS IS STILL BEING ARGUED PPL GET SO BUTT HURT OVER SENTRY ITS UN REAL OK U HATE HIM AND THOR IS YOUR FAVORITE TAHTS FINE HE STILL GETS BEAT TO DEATH 1 ON 1 HAND TO HAND GET OVER IT

armedforbattle
SENTRY AT HIS BEST DESTROYS IN THIS FIGHT ITS CLOSE TO SPITE IDK Y THIS IS STILL BEING ARGUED PPL GET SO BUTT HURT OVER SENTRY ITS UN REAL OK U HATE HIM AND THOR IS YOUR FAVORITE TAHTS FINE HE STILL GETS BEAT TO DEATH 1 ON 1 HAND TO HAND GET OVER IT
Maybe people are saying Thor wins because he is one of the H2H combatants there is?

yaadaveyaa
hes very good im taking nothing away from him he isnt on sentrys lvl hes out classed in speed strength and fighting ability he gets destroyed unless u make this the best version of thor he gets slaughtered and its not close

Horrificus
If this is a "Slap Fight", with some scratching, pulling hair and girlie-screams allowed, Sentry can win.

If it is a man-fight, Thor takes it.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Horrificus
If this is a "Slap Fight", with some scratching, pulling hair and girlie-screams allowed, Sentry can win.

If it is a man-fight, Thor takes it.

LOL another butt hurt thor fan who cant accept sentry is far better its ok man join the club he cant handle sentry

-Pr-
Don't bash.

You just end up sounding jealous because Thor > your favourite character.

Horrificus
LOL another butt hurt thor fan who cant accept sentry is far better its ok man join the club he cant handle sentry What?
I was being serious, AND fair. I really think Sentry can win, with those rules, in that kind of a fight.

I'm all for him.

yaadaveyaa
im joking around a lot horrificus not meaning to offend and thor is not more powerful then sentry sentry at his best wins this hands down its not close if u make this thor at his strongest then we can have a debate

TheHulk
Sentry with all his hype,should be more powerful than Thor. Fts says otherwise though.

STR-Thor with his history wins,but Sentry also has a case....since he fought and stalemated WWH in a fist fight, who is supposedly stronger than Savage Hulk Who always humiliated Thor in a fist fight,whether he won does not matter,as the point stands,Thor has never beated Hulk in a fist fight, while Sentry stalemated a stronger Hulk.

Durability-Again Thor with his history. But again the WWH fight can be a case. He took a ton of damage from a stronger Hulk,well to be fair...Hulk in his slugfest with Thor, never K.O Thor before.

Speed-Lol Sentry win including agility.

That's all I can think off.

P.S forget the fact both Sentry and WWH were not going all out. WWH was holding back supposedly and Sentry was arguably weakened.

Horrificus
im joking around a lot horrificus not meaning to offend and thor is not more powerful then sentry sentry at his best wins this hands down its not close if u make this thor at his strongest then we can have a debate I'm just having fun man.
Sentry is very powerful. But, Thor has too much weirdness for Sentry to beat.

Combination of Hercules + Dr. Strange + a bit of Silver Surfer = Thor

yaadaveyaa
i dont disagree that thor is uber strong but hes out matched here and the first fight is h2h nothing with powers he loses so bad its not funny then give thor his hammer and sentry charging his hands its just a massacre then if there full powered its pure spite

SamZED
They're gonna have a rematch soon. That should be interesting..

yaadaveyaa
where r they having a rematch?

SamZED
When Sentry returns as a horseman of Apoc, they said Logan's gonna take on Daken and there's gonna be a big Thor vs Sentry rematch. No void I'm assuming.

yaadaveyaa
oh i didnt know he was coming back as apoc horsemen that'll b sweet

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Remender said he's tired of Thor getting slapped around by shit he shouldn't be phased by, so he wants to give him a real threat to fight.

SamZED
Reminder has a good habit of making everyone look good and not upsetting any fans. Im hoping he won't make Sentry a pushover. Frankly I'd rather see Sentry lose after a good fight rather than have Void come back as some sort of herald level threat. Not after all the crazy hype and weird powers he displayed.

yaadaveyaa
yea id kill to see a good sentry return and actaully have control over his powerset hes one of my favs

SamZED
Also Jake, do you have that Remender interview? Good to know that someone at Marvel acknowledges that Thor's been written poorly, I was starting to think they didn't notice/care.

JakeTheBank
Also Jake, do you have that Remender interview? Good to know that someone at Marvel acknowledges that Thor's been written poorly, I was starting to think they didn't notice/care.

Actually he said this at his booth at a convention I went to last weekend as he was signing my books.

I asked him point blank "So, why bring back Sentry?" and he explained that he wanted a fresh twist on the Four Horsemen and using all formerly dead characters opened a lot of possibilities. He went on to say that Sentry's primarily role in this function will be to serve as a foil/threat for Thor, prompting him to say that in his opinion as a writer, Thor should be used for "major shit about to go down", not to be slapped around and have his "phucking ass kicked" as means to propel a story, especially by guys who shouldn't be able to do it.

So, really, I expect Sentry to look pretty good against Thor, probably take him down in their first encounter or at least beat Thor up some before Thor gets the upper hand later.

He was pretty reserved at the Marvel Panel, but at his own booth, he would talk for a while to fans.

SamZED
Awesome. Gotta love Remender.

TheHulk
Yippee Thor vs Sentry 2!

Mindset
Hopefully, Sentry rips Thor apart then feeds him to Odin before he breaks his neck.

Then we'll have a new king of Asgard.

TheHulk
^this

the Darkone
Actually he said this at his booth at a convention I went to last weekend as he was signing my books.

I asked him point blank "So, why bring back Sentry?" and he explained that he wanted a fresh twist on the Four Horsemen and using all formerly dead characters opened a lot of possibilities. He went on to say that Sentry's primarily role in this function will be to serve as a foil/threat for Thor, prompting him to say that in his opinion as a writer, Thor should be used for "major shit about to go down", not to be slapped around and have his "phucking ass kicked" as means to propel a story, especially by guys who shouldn't be able to do it.

So, really, I expect Sentry to look pretty good against Thor, probably take him down in their first encounter or at least beat Thor up some before Thor gets the upper hand later.

He was pretty reserved at the Marvel Panel, but at his own booth, he would talk for a while to fans.

Hickman feels the same way, Thor is basically superman of the Marvel U and should be treated with more respect what he's been getting lately, I would really like too see Thor cut lose and I mean cut lose and open a can of whup a$$, he's long over do for his WWH moment.

Mshinu
I suppose SENTRY returning as one of Poccy`s horsemen is the 2nd best thing to him staying dead.

Janithor is in for a beating.

Mindship
Originally posted by the Darkone
I would really like too see Thor cut lose and I mean cut lose and open a can of whup a$$, he's long over do for his WWH moment. Isn't that sorta what happened in Blood & Thunder? I always felt that was a showcase arc for Thor.

tkitna
Originally posted by the Darkone
Hickman feels the same way, Thor is basically superman of the Marvel U and should be treated with more respect what he's been getting lately, I would really like too see Thor cut lose and I mean cut lose and open a can of whup a$$, he's long over do for his WWH moment.

I think its sad that a blatant, plagiarized character like Thor is supposed to be Marvels flagship character superman. I mean, Thor is so original that every comic company has one. Seriously, how hard did Stan Lee work on this one? What did it take, like 5 minutes on the crapper? "Hey, i'll take Thor from norse mythology and make him a powerful superhero. Well thats done". Anyways, Thor fails as being Marvels Superman. He's too dependent on the Hammer and outside forces such as magic. He's also too full of himself half the time. Thats why I thought they finally had something with Bob, but ti seemed people forgot to write when they had to handle him. That and with fans crying all the time, because he was more powerful then their favorite characters, no wonder it was a recipe for disaster.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>