Worst. Weakness. Ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eel O'Brien
Which characters have the worst weakness? I added some; feel free to pick a #1, order the list, add others, etc.

Note: not necessarily current continuity and all in good fun.

Martian Manhunter- Fire
Green Lantern- Anything yellow
Alan Scott/Power Girl- Wood
Wonder Woman- Binding her bracelets
Superman- Kryptonite
Green Lantern- Losing concentration
Shazam- Saying his own name
Thor- Dropping his hammer for a minute
Venom- Zippos
Lar Gand- Lead
Flash- Tripping

-Pr-
laughing @ Power Girl.

Estacado
Aquaman: useless on land....biscuits

Rao Kal El
Earth 2 Alan Scott is still weak to wood... literally evil face

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/earth2-2-625x288.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
Aquaman: useless on land....biscuits

sneer

If only people could actually be accurate... sad

Aquaman: useless thumb up

but seriously, jonn's fire weakness is the dumbest shit ever. he's a high herald for ****'s sake. it's even worse than having a color as a weakness

Estacado
Originally posted by -Pr-
sneer

He did beat Tom Cruise though.....hmm
emAZL77hkmM

-Pr-
He did beat Tom Cruise though.....hmm
emAZL77hkmM

laughing

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

Martian Manhunter- Fire
Superman- Kryptonite
Venom- Zippos
Lar Gand- Lead
Flash- Tripping

Martian manhunter can avoid fire for a long time and still tries damnit lol, with that ill say venom.. Spiderman set fire to the end of a newspaper and made him run away like a little girl. Thats just cripplingly sad.
My other choice..shazam.
shazam doesn't need to call himself shazam so he kinda did it to himself, same with captain marvel jr.. Pick a different name! How often could it really be used against him if he developed common sense or uses the wisdom of Solomon? 'maybe I shouldn't read my name aloud' I'm sure it can be used against him but still.

Mindship
Yellow and Wood come across as arbitrary if not downright silly.
But tripping...for shame.

Sixth_Winged
Yellow and Wood tied with Ultimate Colossus inability to move when on Steel Form (without drugs).

JayDaDon
What? How is ultimate colossus of use to anyone then?

Sixth_Winged
He was plenty useful when he was a Banshee(the name of the drug) junkie but became lame after it was revealed. I haven't followed it for a long time but last time I checked, he was in a sort of mutan prison and they seemed to ignore that storyline altogether.

That drug was cool though, it made Cyclops temporarily Superman.(not that i condone drug taking)

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by SevenShackles
.. Spiderman set fire to the end of a newspaper and made him run away like a little girl. Thats just cripplingly sad.

I seem to also recall a time where Venom freaked out when Spidey shoved a lighter in his face. Such a ubiquitous weakness is bad enough, but to be so potent is small doses is kinda pathetic...

CosmicComet
Thor: Punches.

vin

Q99
Which characters have the worst weakness? I added some; feel free to pick a #1, order the list, add others, etc.

Martian Manhunter- Fire
Superman- Kryptonite
Venom- Zippos
Lar Gand- Lead
Flash- Tripping

Wanna know what's extra weird about the pre-crisis wonder woman one? It *has* to be 'by a man.'

Which sounds even sadder, but it means that if she bound them herself or got a woman to do it, then she didn't lose her powers and was fine. So binding her own wrists was a way she's literally used to get around the weakness.

---

There's also Power Girl's weakness when she was 'atlantean,' the weakness of unprocessed natural elements. I.e. wood, earth, etc..

TheHulk
Everyone of them are equally stupid What the f**k?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
Wanna know what's extra weird about the pre-crisis wonder woman one? It *has* to be 'by a man.'

Which sounds even sadder, but it means that if she bound them herself or got a woman to do it, then she didn't lose her powers and was fine. So binding her own wrists was a way she's literally used to get around the weakness.

---

There's also Power Girl's weakness when she was 'atlantean,' the weakness of unprocessed natural elements. I.e. wood, earth, etc..

http://i.imgur.com/50S5OnG.jpg

despite low showings, Venom has grown to be quite resistant to fire. jonn's predicament is much worse as he is much more powerful. the inherent idiocy of a weakness is related to the power level of a character, which is made more explicit when weaknesses are compared:

GL: So do you guys have weaknesses?

SM: yeah, there's this rare radioactive mineral from my now destroyed home planet that is poisonous to my kind. you guys?

MMH: fire

AS: wood

GL: yellow

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by CosmicComet

vin

laughing

This reminds me of that scene in Scary Movie 3 when the aliens showed up.

Somebody lops one of their heads off with a shovel and yells, "WITHOUT THEIR HEADS THEIR POWERLESS!!"

"Look, it's Superman- somebody find some Kryptonite!"
"Look, it's Thor- somebody punch him in the face!"

Eel O'Brien
sneer

Accurate as in useless on land and in space... evil face

-Pr-
Accurate as in useless on land and in space... evil face

Aquaman actually operates fine in a vacuum for a time.

Sixth_Winged
Hourman - 1 hr power duration
Dr. Midnight - Daytime
Thanos - His desire to lose
That guy from the marauders who was made from glass. I remember his death as being one of the most hilarious ones I've seen.
Captain Planet - Pollution

Zack Fair
laughing @ Power Girl. thumb up

Don't all super chicks share the weakness?

Sixth_Winged
It's not only wood. Even thrown rocks was deadly to Powergirl. Any natural materials really.

JakeTheBank
The Avengers: Brian Michael Bendis

thats more like a weakness of comics

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Avengers: Brian Michael Bendis

He's the anti-monitor of comic fans.

Eel O'Brien
Bendis is like Red Kryptonite for Sentry. You just never knew how it was going to affect him from one story to the next.

Sixth_Winged
I think Comics is too broad a term for his enemy. Let's just say he is a team wrecker

Team:

Continuity
Story Pace
Anti Pet-Character

JakeTheBank
He's the anti-monitor of comic fans.

thumb up

His presence as a writer is an Crisis among Infinite Comics.

leonidas

Martian Manhunter- Fire
Superman- Kryptonite
Venom- Zippos
Lar Gand- Lead
Flash- Tripping

smurph! eek!

good to have you back. smile

and i've always thought wood is a pretty unbelievable weakness to give a character....

-Pr-
thumb up

His presence as a writer is an Crisis among Infinite Comics.

thumb up

Perceiver1
Originally posted by 753
thumb up

but seriously, jonn's fire weakness is the dumbest shit ever. he's a high herald for ****'s sake. it's even worse than having a color as a weakness

How can having fire as a weakness be worse than having a color as a weakness?

Originally posted by leonidas
smurph! eek!

and i've always thought wood is a pretty unbelievable weakness to give a character.... worse than yellow?

Originally posted by Perceiver1
How can having fire as a weakness be worse than having a color as a weakness? cause it's more likely to show up in battle against superpowered beings, but worse still is that by 2013 he still has that weakness, it didnt get dropped with the silliness of the silver age

JakeTheBank
I can appreciate the attempt writers used over the years to explain why J'onn, Alan, and Hal were weak to their respective foils. Alan and Hal at least were creative enough to work around their weaknesses more often than not. J'onn...not so much.

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
worse than yellow?

yellow is stupid, no doubt about it but his power is colour related so, i guess a colour-related weakness just didn't always seem so inherently crazy. to me wood is just so....mundane. i kinda get what they were going for with it, but,....it's just so ridiculous. fire is also dumb, but jonn has overcome it so many times in so many ways that when he doesn't it seems more pis than anything anymore....

Q99
laughing

This reminds me of that scene in Scary Movie 3 when the aliens showed up.

Somebody lops one of their heads off with a shovel and yells, "WITHOUT THEIR HEADS THEIR POWERLESS!!"

"Look, it's Superman- somebody find some Kryptonite!"
"Look, it's Thor- somebody punch him in the face!"

There was a movie called Alien Apocalypse, starring Bruce Campbell, where the aliens weakness was stabbing.

See, they were scary looking, so everyone just assumed they were unbeatable, until Bruce came along, and...

Originally posted by Sixth_Winged

Dr. Midnight - Daytime

He can work fine in the day, he just uses his blackout bombs.

On the other hand, Night Girl qualifies. In darkness, she is kryptonian strong/tough. In light, she's human level.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by leonidas
smurph! eek!

and i've always thought wood is a pretty unbelievable weakness to give a character....

Great to be here!! Have we met before? confused

he mistook you for a legendary poster. you should count yourself proud

TheOneFirestorm
Confidence of Gladiator (Kallark).

Stoic
Lead for Daxamites,

Omega Vision
Every character who's been given a lame weakness because it's "hard to write plots for strong characters": bad/lazy writers

eaebiakuya
Celestials - Hyperspace energy.

Gladiator - Radiation (????)

zeel
Captain marvels weakness to the shazam lighting bolt is ridiculous. Cap rarely gets defeated and when he does 90% of the time its due to reverting back to billy. Absolutly lame. It seems that any type of lighting or even electricity can revert him back to billy.

this is gay.

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Confidence of Gladiator (Kallark). not really a weakness and actually a pretty cool concept

Silent Master
Batman-Young boys

TheHulk
Originally posted by 753
he mistook you for a legendary poster. you should count yourself proud Who is this legendary poster?

TheHulk
Bendis is like Red Kryptonite for Sentry. You just never knew how it was going to affect him from one story to the next. thumb upthank got In not the only Sebtry fan here legt eek!

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulk
thumb upthank got In not the only Sebtry fan here legt eek!
Got? Sebtry? Lulz.

abhilegend
Originally posted by CosmicComet

vin
laughing out loud

TheHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Got? Sebtry? Lulz. **** my iPhone laughing out loud I can't type shit...

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulk
**** my iPhone laughing out loud I can't type shit...
laughing out loud

Mshinu
Hard to beat GL`s weakness to yellow in sheer stupidity.

Darkseid`s weakness to supes.

SevenShackles
GL weakness to yellow. Wear all yellow, paint weapons and bullets yellow and drive a yellow car and have yellow paint grenades. Bam! Goto GLs city and Rob a bank and try not to get shot by real cops.

Raisen
Thor's weakness to yeast infections is pretty bad

-Pr-
Originally posted by SevenShackles
GL weakness to yellow. Wear all yellow, paint weapons and bullets yellow and drive a yellow car and have yellow paint grenades. Bam! Goto GLs city and Rob a bank and try not to get shot by real cops.

Read All Star Batman?

TheHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud They should add my name to this thread and add my weakness as IPhone erm

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
he mistook you for a legendary poster. you should count yourself proud

lol yeah, not sure why. i swore smurph once went by that name.... anywho, moving on....

JakeTheBank
Read All Star Batman?

Lol.

"He's got the imagination of a goddamn potato."

JakeTheBank
All-Star Batman and Robin is probably one of the best worst books I've ever read.

-Pr-
All-Star Batman and Robin is probably one of the best worst books I've ever read.

thumb up

SamZED
WTF can somebody explain PG's wood weakness? Also what is it about WW's bracelets? Didnt know suck weakness existedd

I seem to also recall a time where Venom freaked out when Spidey shoved a lighter in his face. Such a ubiquitous weakness is bad enough, but to be so potent is small doses is kinda pathetic... Agreed but tbf thats a low showing, the lighter thing happened in the same issue and didnt make much sense. In his latest incarnations Brock Venom could eat fire for breakfast.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SamZED
WTF can somebody explain PG's wood weakness? Also what is it about WW's bracelets? Didnt know suck weakness existedd

Agreed but tbf thats a low showing, the lighter thing happened in the same issue and didnt make much sense. In his latest incarnations Brock Venom could eat fire for breakfast.
She was badly injured by gray man and superman had to perform surgery on her. That somehow reduced her power levels and gave her a weakness to natural, un-processed things like rock and wood. She was once KTFO by a random mook throwing a rock to her head. As far WW's weakness that was a bondage dream by Marston.

staxamillion
zatanna - have to speak and speak backwards

Dareangel
Beast has the worst weakness to ass woopin.

Surtur
It's just hard to top a weakness that is: things that are yellow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.