Where were you gauge Marvel and DC characters using Marvel power ratings?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone

This will be done feats, panel statements and common sense, I feel Marvel has down play characters of theirs like Thor, Black Bolt, Hercules etc.

For example Thor power rating is this

Intelligence
2 (4) (5 or 6 w/Donal Blake, 7 with OF)
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
6 (7)
Fighting Skills
4 (7)

Thor should be I say at least a 4 in intelligence, 7 in energy output and 7 in fighting, Thor has centuries on top of centuries of fighting and they have Thor as a master combatant but yet he is a 4 and so is Hercules, but they have BRB at a 5 and Gladiator at a 6, that doesn't make sense. They have eternals with 6 in fighting ability and Thor is at a 4 and he kicks their a$$.

The same with Black Bolt and his stats should be the same as Ikaris, in Marvel power ratings Ikaris is more powerful than Black Bolt on paper.

This is for Marvel and DC

the Darkone
Superman

Intelligence
5 or 6
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Mr Majestic
Intelligence
5 or 6
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Despero

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Orion

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Darkseid

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Mordru

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Black Adam
Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Black Bolt

Intelligence
Strength
5 (6) amping
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Nabu

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Hyperion (current)

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Starbrand (current)

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
6 or (7)
Fighting Skills

Captain Universe (current)

Intelligence
2 (6 cosmic awareness)
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Captain Marvel

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Lucifer

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Deathstroke

Intelligence
4 or 5
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Raisen
Originally posted by the Darkone

This will be done feats, panel statements and common sense, I feel Marvel has down play characters of theirs like Thor, Black Bolt, Hercules etc.

For example Thor power rating is this

Intelligence
2 (4) (5 or 6 w/Donal Blake, 7 with OF)
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
6 (7)
Fighting Skills
4 (7)

Thor should be I say at least a 4 in intelligence, 7 in energy output and 7 in fighting, Thor has centuries on top of centuries of fighting and they have Thor as a master combatant but yet he is a 4 and so is Hercules, but they have BRB at a 5 and Gladiator at a 6, that doesn't make sense. They have eternals with 6 in fighting ability and Thor is at a 4 and he kicks their a$$.

The same with Black Bolt and his stats should be the same as Ikaris, in Marvel power ratings Ikaris is more powerful than Black Bolt on paper.

This is for Marvel and DC

Give me a list of characters to assess

the Darkone
Originally posted by Raisen
Give me a list of characters to assess

Any from any tier you want, go by feast and statements and common sense!!!

the Monitors
Captain Atom etc

it doesn't matter!!

Omega Vision
Thor is 7 in speed but you put Superman at 6?

Oliver North
from any tier and Thor is already at the max for most skills?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Thor is 7 in speed but you put Superman at 6?

7 means warp speed and teleport which Thor has done on panel

that system is retarded and caps at herald level

Oliver North
Originally posted by 753

thumb up

abhilegend
7 means warp speed and teleport which Thor has done on panel
You put Orion, Majestic and Captain marvel at 7 in speed but Superman at 6? Lulz.

Badabing
Originally posted by abhilegend
You put Orion, Majestic and Captain marvel at 7 in speed but Superman at 6? Lulz. People are entitled to their opinion.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/70/Sloth_shades.gif

And also:

Gj9EEtiewBY

abhilegend
Not if they're wrong.

uhuh

the Darkone
Originally posted by 753

these are same ones that marvel use for all their characters, got a problem with it tell marvel!!

the Darkone
Not if they're wrong.

uhuh

Oh chill the phuck out, 7 means warp speed or teleport or both and I think Orion can achieve both, plus I forgot to change majestic to a 6, now shut the hell up!!

abhilegend
Oh chill the phuck out, 7 means warp speed or teleport or both and I think Orion can achieve both, plus I forgot to change majestic to a 6, now shut the hell up!!
Orion can't teleport and superman has raced teleportation and came out on top several times. Now STFU.

Rao Kal El
Marvel ranking system sucks IMO.

Is like they just made up some shitty graph so a 1st grader can understand it.

It is so bad that they have to invent the comicvine power level

'Nuff said

Dolos
Best thing you serious guys could have done was stayed away from this spite troll thread. Meant to demean their DC rivals. Teleportation=/=speed. And Superman is capable of teleportation, time travel, probability manipulation via potential realities through time travel, or Manhattan's quantum observation direct probability manipulation via collapsing realities.

If you wanna play that way.

J1uL3TqAlbk
stick out tongue

the Darkone
Originally posted by Dolos
Best thing you serious guys could have done was stayed away from this spite troll thread. Meant to demean their DC rivals. Teleportation=/=speed. And Superman is capable of teleportation, time travel, probability manipulation via potential realities through time travel, or Manhattan's quantum observation direct probability manipulation via collapsing realities.

If you wanna play that way.

J1uL3TqAlbk
stick out tongue

For one it's not spite, it's to gauge the Marvel and DC power ranking, granted marvel system isn't perfect but it at least gives you an idea where certain characters should be rated by feats and statements.

the Darkone
Orion can't teleport and superman has raced teleportation and came out on top several times. Now STFU.

Boom tube, now you STFU!! Im not forcing you to stay on this thread, now if you feel Superman, Majestic or Momma joe should be ranked differently than go right ahead, if NOT STFU crying B***h!!

Rao Kal El
Marvel graph should have been easier if they just set values from 1 to the infinite with a line in the middle to mark "defies laws of physics and logic"

Aunt may should have all the stats at 1, while TOAA should have all the stats to the infinite.

Hulk strength full right before the mark of "defies laws of physics and logic"
And Zeus above that with out maxing TOAA in physical strength....

Hmmm i shoul try to make one stick out tongue

Dolos
Teleportation isn't speed. You're using that as speed erroneously, speed requires velocity and covering distance, not traveling without moving.

That particular part of it is obviously a cheap play, just as cheap as using Superman abilities beyond his normal depiction, because by statements, what has been shown in the new 52 series, main and action comics, through logical deduction, he's a broken character when there are no holds barred. I would just assume use his normal, mostly used, generally accepted power set. Just as I would use Thor's max velocity for speed, which is escape velocity, that stat is nowhere near Superman's level.

abhilegend
Boom tube, now you STFU!! Im not forcing you to stay on this thread, now if you feel Superman, Majestic or Momma joe should be ranked differently than go right ahead, if NOT STFU crying B***h!!
Boom tubing isn't teleportation and that doesn't means speed anyway. Superman has opened boom tubes with just speed. Now STFU already.

Dolos
Boom tubing isn't teleportation and that doesn't means speed anyway. Superman has opened boom tubes with just speed. Now STFU already.

Hence taking out Darkseid by pretty much breaking a space time barrier into the Source Wall.

He overcame Darkseid with the same stat he used to overcome an overpowered Doomsday, accept instead of breaking space and time he just became a blur that could not be tagged, even by HV.

JakeTheBank
Read the thread title and assumed actual thread would turn into a shit storm.

I was correct.

-Pr-
WTF...

JakeTheBank
For a while it seemed like KMC had grown beyond stupid "Ride Marvel or Die" or "DC 4 Life" mentalities, but it seems like we're heading back toward that mindset again. Lol.

On topic, the Marvel power charts are beyond stupid.

the Darkone
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
For a while it seemed like KMC had grown beyond stupid "Ride Marvel or Die" or "DC 4 Life" mentalities, but it seems like we're heading back toward that mindset again. Lol.

I feel Marvel power ranking is limited, they should go beyond 7 more like 10 or different color representing different tier of power showing where they are at and their potential if they inherent more power or artifacts.

Marvel power ranking isn't perfect, but it still can be used to gauge power levels or abilities, butt he problem is that Marvel has down play certain characters, they will say one thing in statement and panel feats and show something complete different in the handbooks.

That's why I see it, IMO

Superman

Intelligence
5 or 6
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Wonder Woman

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Captain Atom

Intelligence
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
6 (7)
Fighting Skills

Thor

Intelligence
4 (5 w/Blake) (7 w/ OF)
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
6 (7 w/ OF)
Fighting Skills

Now everybody feels that it could be different for their favorite they can change it, using marvel power ranking.

curryman
You need to look up some of Blake's feats if you don't think he's smarter than Wonder Woman...

the Darkone

If want to show where superman where he should go right ahead, I was doing this using marvel power ranking system, if you don't like it I don't really give a phuck cuz, either show where you feel superman or who ever should be or shut the phuck up, whining b***h!!

Nit pick on everything that you feel that goes against your Superman, ur a fanboy!!

the Darkone
Originally posted by Dolos
Teleportation isn't speed. You're using that as speed erroneously, speed requires velocity and covering distance, not traveling without moving.

That particular part of it is obviously a cheap play, just as cheap as using Superman abilities beyond his normal depiction, because by statements, what has been shown in the new 52 series, main and action comics, through logical deduction, he's a broken character when there are no holds barred. I would just assume use his normal, mostly used, generally accepted power set. Just as I would use Thor's max velocity for speed, which is escape velocity, that stat is nowhere near Superman's level.

Dolos you need to chill the phuck out, no one is cheeping Superman, Marvel rating system has speed, teleportation under the same rating, that's why Thor has a 7 he can do both, it's the way Marvel has it, so if you dont like then dont post it's that simple, crying like a little b***h!!

If you want give Superman a 7 go ahead or other wise STFU

Rao Kal El
Not trying to cause trouble but I think this will make a few of you laugh.

Using the Marvel power level ranking system I ranked Superman

Intelligence...............................6
Strength...................................11 evil face
Speed ......................................10 (Flash is 11) evil face
Durability..................................11 evil face
Energy Projection.....................6
Fighting Skills............................5

the Darkone
Originally posted by curryman
You need to look up some of Blake's feats if you don't think he's smarter than Wonder Woman...

If you look at both of them they are at 5, usually 4 or 5 represents doctors but I could be wrong. But I do know that WW is smarter, she one the smartest women in DC earth that's for sure, dont know about 52 WW.

That's why I made this thread, to give us fans a chance to place our favorite characters at the right power level, Im not low balling anyone.

In the beginning I showed some example, how I feel where certain characters should be or the might get a bum rap by writers.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Not trying to cause trouble but I think this will make a few of you laugh.

Using the Marvel power level ranking system I ranked Superman

Intelligence...............................6
Strength...................................11 evil face
Speed ......................................10 (Flash is 11) evil face
Durability..................................11 evil face
Energy Projection.....................6
Fighting Skills............................5

cheeky bastard laughing !

curryman
If you look at both of them they are at 5, usually 4 or 5 represents doctors but I could be wrong. But I do know that WW is smarter, she one the smartest women in DC earth that's for sure, dont know about 52 WW.

That's why I made this thread, to give us fans a chance to place our favorite characters at the right power level, Im not low balling anyone.

In the beginning I showed some example, how I feel where certain characters should be or the might get a bum rap by writers.

She doesn't have the feats tho.

Blake's done crazy stuff like created robotic clones of Thor and such.

Rao Kal El
cheeky bastard laughing !

thumb up thumb up big grin

the Darkone
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I think at one time marvel changed it from 7 to 10, but it never really caught on.

Marvel needs to redo it, should have one for reflexes, Mental powers, endurance, agility, different levels of omniscient, they need to make it broader.

People like Thor, Hercules, Ares, DC Ares, Darkseid,Orion should be 7 not just based on h2h but weapons to, even weapons are consider fighting styles and how long you been fighting, experience in battles things like that.

the Darkone
Originally posted by curryman
She doesn't have the feats tho.

Blake's done crazy stuff like created robotic clones of Thor and such.

I know he has so has Black Panther and he is a 5 to, 5 means genus and 6 means Super Genus

the Darkone
Here's Marvel Power Grid
http://marvel.wikia.com/Power_Grid#Intelligence:

Intelligence:

The ability to think and process information.

1. Slow/Impaired
2. Normal
3. Learned
4. Gifted
5. Genius
6. Super-Genius or (Cosmic Awareness)
7. Omniscient

Strength:

The Ability to lift weight. (see also: Strength Scale)

1. Weak: cannot lift own body weight
2. Normal: able to lift own body weight
3. Peak human: able to lift twice own body weight
4. Superhuman: 800 lbs-25 ton range
5. Superhuman: 25-75 ton range
6. Superhuman: 75-100 ton range
7. Incalculable: in excess of 100 tons

Speed:

The ability to move over land by running or flight.

1. Below normal
2. Normal
3. Superhuman: peak range: 700 MPH
4. Speed of sound: Mach-1
5. Supersonic: Mach-2 through Orbital Velocity
6. Speed of light: 186,000 miles per second
7. Warp speed: transcending light speed (Teleporter)

Durability:

The ability to resist or recover from bodily injury.

1. Weak
2. Normal
3. Enhanced
4. Regenerative
5. Bulletproof
6. Superhuman
7. Virtually indestructible

Energy Projection:

The ability to discharge energy.

1. None
2. Ability to discharge energy on contact
3. Short range, short duration, single energy type
4. Medium range, duration, single energy type
5. Long range, long duration, single energy type
6. Able to discharge multiple forms of energy
7. Virtually unlimited command of all forms of energy

Fighting Ability:

The proficiency in hand-to-hand combat.

1. Poor
2. Normal
3. Some training
4. Experienced fighter
5. Master of a single form of combat
6. Master of several forms of combat
7. Master of all forms of combat

these are same ones that marvel use for all their characters, got a problem with it tell marvel!! Im telling you, cause you made the thread

Branlor Swift
Superman

Intelligence
5 or 6
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Mr Majestic
Intelligence
5 or 6
Strength
Speed
Durability
Energy Projection
Fighting Skills

Excellent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.