Thor Vs Superman: Damage Soak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Who's damage soak is better? Bring feats for your reasoning. Go!

carver9
Just stop ABHI. You find one showing and try to use it to downplay a character.

abhilegend
I would start.

Superman while nearly depowered by starbreaker survives in the molten core of Almerac surviving the gravity of an entire planet

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15744002/000023.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15744003/000024.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15744004/000025.jpg.html

Survives being trapped in the core of Earth while near powerless for years

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/explosions/ActionComics658a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/explosions/ActionComics658b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/explosions/ActionComics658c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Energy/absorbing/superman658a.jpg

Survives the explosion of Krypton while extremely weak by red sun and the following kryptonite radiation

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=AdventuresOfSuperman461p14.jpg
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=AdventuresOfSuperman461p17.jpg
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=AdventuresOfSuperman461p18.jpg

This one is just insane

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Just stop ABHI. You find one showing and try to use it to downplay a character.
I'm not downplaying anything carter.

SevenShackles
This seems kinda pointless. Ragardless it's Nice to see what you posted ABHI

Silent Master

Edit: Pic not showing up, I'll try and find a different one

abhilegend
Originally posted by SevenShackles
This seems kinda pointless. Ragardless it's Nice to see what you posted ABHI
Thanks.

zeel
superman will always have better feats then any other hearald. Hes D.C. golden boy. Another shit starter thread.

Dolos
Superman.

Obviously.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zeel
superman will always have better feats then any other hearald. Hes D.C. golden boy. Another shit starter thread.
Lulz. Doesn't stops marvel fanboys though.

abhilegend
Now where's rage?

Dakkad00d
Just made an account to post this.

http
://static.comicvine.com/
uploads/scale_super/10/
109250/2247729-
ThorStrength25.jpg
(no spaces)

By Odin's beard it takes some real cojones to tank a neutron star's gravity.

Dolos
Originally posted by Dakkad00d
Just made an account to post this.

http
://static.comicvine.com/
uploads/scale_super/10/
109250/2247729-
ThorStrength25.jpg
(no spaces)

By Odin's beard it takes some real cojones to tank a neutron star's gravity.

Not as much as a black hole.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/560/77862610.jpg

Hyperion ain't the only one.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/201/54900174.jpg

Supes don't need no ****ing sun to tank shit

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/39/39982934.jpg

Being shoved through the earth by a punch to the face makes Supes lol

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/545/28281565.png

Adamantium is shit, even to Superman's suit

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3579/supesadamantium9tw.jpg

TheHulk
1. Like everyone said,This is pointless Abhi and you gotta stop miffed:
2.Sweet Superman scans smile
3.Superman has better Damage Soak
4.Rage,just ignore this thread,if you read this post.

abhilegend
Well rage claimed that Thor is above superman in damage soak. I'm just waiting for him to prove it.

TheHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Well rage claimed that Thor is above superman in damage soak. I'm just waiting for him to prove it. laughing out loud doesn't this make it a bait thread?

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulk
laughing out loud doesn't this make it a bait thread?
No. Its a challenge thread.
sneer

JakeTheBank
Thor vs. Superman, thread #34784

TheHulk
No. Its a challenge thread.
sneer Do yourself and Rage a favor and do a BZ,before you both get ban....eventually. big grin

TheHulk
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor vs. Superman, thread #34784 thumb up

abhilegend
Thor vs. Superman, thread #34784
Haven't you said that Thor's damage soak is better than superman previously? Time to prove it jake.

abhilegend
Do yourself and Rage a favor and do a BZ,before you both get ban....eventually. big grin
Rage wouldn't face me in a BZ.

TheHulk
Rage wouldn't face me in a BZ. laughing out loud as expected

abhilegend
laughing out loud as expected
huh

JakeTheBank
Haven't you said that Thor's damage soak is better than superman previously? Time to prove it jake.

Pretty sure at this point, every notable Thor and Superman feat have been brought up time and time again in various threads under various scenarios with various degrees of scrutiny on both sides. Why or how this thread is any different than the countless other threads which have been made is beyond me.

Dolos
Pretty sure at this point, every notable Thor and Superman feat have been brought up time and time again in various threads under various scenarios with various degrees of scrutiny on both sides. Why or how this thread is any different than the countless other threads which have been made is beyond me.

Previously no one has utilized all the resources like they should have if Thor is even close to Superman. The Hulk or the Juggernaut would be more fairly comparable. Superman's longevity and healing factor is charged by the sun similarly to Thor's by Mjlnor, and Juggernaut's by the Cyttorak, and Hulk's gamma charged DnA, etc...I'd place Superman durability on par with Juggernaut's actually...slightly above Hulk. Feat wise. He's certainly capable of it in both of their strongest depictions. Thor doesn't really come close. Jugg's durablity>=Supes'.

Though, I've never seen Juggs or Hulk survive supernovae or even terranova, if we explode mid and low ends it's Superman>Hyperion>WWH>Juggs>>>Thor.

abhilegend
No, it hasn't. Answer the question jake. I don't know why you're hesitating. Thor has over 50 years of scans to chose from after all.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Dolos
Previously no one has utilized all the resources like they should have if Thor is even close to Superman. The Hulk or the Juggernaut would be more fairly comparable. Superman's longevity and healing factor is charged by the sun similarly to Thor's by Mjlnor, and Juggernaut's by the Cyttorak, and Hulk's gamma charged DnA, etc...I'd place Superman durability on par with Juggernaut's actually...slightly above Hulk. Feat wise. He's certainly capable of it in both of their strongest depictions. Thor doesn't really come close. Jugg's durablity>=Supes'.

Though, I've never seen Juggs or Hulk survive supernovae or even terranova, if we explode mid and low ends it's Superman>Hyperion>WWH>Juggs>>>Thor.

Yes, they have. Thor/Superman debates have been going strong ever since I first joined the forum and I've seen plenty of scan blitz wars.

And no, Superman's durability isn't close to Juggernaut's.

abhilegend
Well, I did a quick search and look what I found out.
-Strength: Generally a wash, but if someone holds the edge, it's Superman. It's by no means overwhelming, though.

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ): Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir): Superman

-Blasting Power: Thor

-Raw Speed: Superman

-Combat Speed: Superman

-Durability: Superman

-Damage Soak: Thor

-Combat Smarts: Superman

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement: Superman

Who wins??: Generally a split depending on how they fight.
Durability: Superman.
Damage Soak: Thor.

Your mileage may vary.

JakeTheBank
No, it hasn't. Answer the question jake. I don't know why you're hesitating. Thor has over 50 years of scans to chose from after all.

I've already said my piece in this argument years ago. I'll contribute to offer insight and opinion and correct misconstrued facts/lowballing, but as far as doing a scan war, not really my thing due to:

A.) Already have done it
B.) Too lazy to scan my comics

I don't know why people act like this debate is something new or that anyone is going to add anything to the table that hasn't already been discussed.

Dolos
Yes, they have. Thor/Superman debates have been going strong ever since I first joined the forum and I've seen plenty of scan blitz wars.

Well, except - everything I've got has been from the respect thread - Thor's just doesn't have the feats necessary.

Juggs' respect thread isn't rival in high ends either.

I mean, if you believe I'm in error than you just go ahead and pull scans from the Thor respect thread, and the Juggs if you want to go the extra mile.

You'll find they just don't compare, and it's not hard to go a thread over. Quit trying to make us out to be cheap skates, bringing it back to be sneaky or whatever, when you can just bring back what you need just as easily.

JakeTheBank
Well, I did a quick search and look what I found out.

And? You've successfully used the search function. Want a cookie?

abhilegend

Without his shield? Its pretty close to superman.

JakeTheBank
Well, except - everything I've got has been from the respect thread - Thor's just doesn't have the feats necessary.

Juggs' respect thread isn't rival in high ends either.

Given the attacks he's endured, I don't see how that's true at all.

abhilegend
I've already said my piece in this argument years ago. I'll contribute to offer insight and opinion and correct misconstrued facts/lowballing, but as far as doing a scan war, not really my thing due to:

A.) Already have done it
B.) Too lazy to scan my comics

I don't know why people act like this debate is something new or that anyone is going to add anything to the table that hasn't already been discussed.
Link me to where you did a scan war on this.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
And? You've successfully used the search function. Want a cookie?
Your snake-eyes imitation is terrible jake.

Dolos
A lot of that could be contributed to the Mjlnor.

Don't forget Superman has absorbed half of existence busting via Mageddon Warhead.

You very well could just be claiming this argument was resolved out of your arse. I wasn't here 'a few years ago', so why are you pretending likes dems common knowledge?

lol.

Dolos
Link me to where you did a scan war on this.

Why don't you just start spamming Thor feats and see if any of them come close to just one I've put up here. Just one.

Don't use one where he tanks a blast, because I doubt any of those matches the Mageddon WH.

JakeTheBank
Link me to where you did a scan war on this.

lol you want me to go through every thread I've discussed in concerning Thor/Superman where I've posted scans and debated the two? No offense, but phuck that.

abhilegend

Don't forget Superman has absorbed half of existence busting via Mageddon Warhead.

You very well could just be claiming this argument was resolved out of your arse. I wasn't here 'a few years ago', so why are you pretending likes dems common knowledge?

lol.
Do you have the scan of metron stating that maggeddon's anti sun could've ended half of existence?

curryman
You two should settle this in the BZ, once and for all.

abhilegend
lol you want me to go through every thread I've discussed in concerning Thor/Superman where I've posted scans and debated the two? No offense, but phuck that.
So I take it that you haven't. Now stop complaining about how nearly every thread here is a duplicate, start posting scans.

JakeTheBank

lol.

What? I'm not talking about him blocking or absorbing attacks.

Okay.

I never said it was "resolved" because really, something like this never will be as minds have been and likely will stay made up on both sides. I'm just saying that as far as I go personally, I've already been through this and have no real intention of going through a long tired debate where we go in circles and where I have to start linking from the respect thread/posting scans/citing issue numbers. Thor/Superman is and has been one of the longest running debates on KMC and its why multiple variations of the fight wind up getting closed because they really offer nothing new to the table.

And yes, it is common knowledge as KMC has both a search function and a Vs. Thread Directory. Whether or not you or any one else does the proper research as to what's been discussed on the site is your own prerogative.

-Pr-
Really not interested in leaving bait threads open.

Closing soon, so get those last posts in.

Dolos
Do you have the scan of metron stating that maggeddon's anti sun could've ended half of existence?

Damn, if I did I'd post it.

One of the members most likely could get a hold of it. I'm pretty sure it's from the same issue as the one where he absorbs it, that scan is actually in the respect thread;

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/maggy.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supermanandmegaddonwarhead.jpg

But as for the statement itself, I don't have any scans pre-52 reboot, sorry. :/

ALTHOUGH, that scan does happen to state that the blast would reach another star system in some time frame.

JakeTheBank
So I take it that you haven't. Now stop complaining about how nearly every thread here is a duplicate, start posting scans.

Me not wanting to go through history and dig up a bunch of my previous posts which go back years =/= me not having already discussed heavily on the topic. Seriously, stop being a tool.

Did I say that nearly every thread here is a duplicate? No. I said that Thor/Superman have an absurd amount of threads focused on the two, which is true. And I'm sure this specific topic has been made into its own thread before.

abhilegend
Its not really a bait thread though.

JakeTheBank
Lulz. Doesn't stops marvel fanboys though.

Now where's rage?

Dolos
What? I'm not talking about him blocking or absorbing attacks.

How do you know Thor wasn't absorbing from the Mjlnor to recover from these attacks you mention??

That is where his Asgardian energy comes from, it's not like we know for a fact that he'd be able to just up and tank it like Superman or Hyperion would tank two planets colliding, or how Juggernaut or Superman would tank an adamantium cutting/matter nullifying beam, without the Mjlnr.

He could have been absorbing Asgardian energies to supplement his durability, like Superman absorbed the Mageddon's energies to supplement his durablity. He would have done no such things when being hit by Bizarro or being the filling for colliding planets.

-Pr-
Its not really a bait thread though.

I think it is.

abhilegend
Me not wanting to go through history and dig up a bunch of my previous posts which go back years =/= me not having already discussed heavily on the topic. Seriously, stop being a tool.

Did I say that nearly every thread here is a duplicate? No. I said that Thor/Superman have an absurd amount of threads focused on the two, which is true. And I'm sure this specific topic has been made into its own thread before.
It is. I did a search and nothing came up.

I checked the thread and it hasn't been made previously. Stop being a crybaby already.

JakeTheBank
How do you know Thor wasn't absorbing from the Mjlnor to recover from these attacks you mention??

That is where his Asgardian energy comes from, it's not like he just up and tanked it like Superman or Hyperion would tank two planets colliding, or how Juggernaut or Superman would tank an adamantium cutting/matter nullifying beam.

...because in a lot of the instances, Mjolnir wasn't being used or even in his possession at the time?

Mjolnir doesn't passively protect Thor at all.

And no, his Asgardian energy comes from within. Mjolnir is a focusing tool. And that scan with the adamantium cutting beam is from a crossover.

JakeTheBank
It is. I did a search and nothing came up.

I checked the thread and it hasn't been made previously. Stop being a crybaby already.

laughing out loud

It's been done before. Especially in threads where the objective is to discuss the specific areas in which each character holds the advantage. Why do you insist on getting pissy in Superman threads? Seriously.

TheHulk
At the end of the day....Jake is too lazy....so it's either,Damborgson or Rage.

Dolos
...because in a lot of the instances, Mjolnir wasn't being used or even in his possession at the time?

Mjolnir doesn't passively protect Thor at all.

And no, his Asgardian energy comes from within. Mjolnir is a focusing tool. And that scan with the adamantium cutting beam is from a crossover.

None-the-less, he couldn't have been absorbing anything when resisting being taken apart by a miniature black hole, being in the middle of a planetary collision, et cetra. It wouldn't be passive, he's actively using it, not as a shield, but to supplement his durability.

Yes, without the hammer, how do you know he'd focus it. Where are these feats where Thor just up and tanks a planet busting blast without his hammer, as Superman did on two occasions, one being an entire solar system buster, ergo Supernova. ?

abhilegend

Rage did make the claim.Originally posted by -Pr-
I think it is.
I wanted to have a discussion and no thread like this have been made or I'd have bumped it.

-Pr-
And yet you can't resist the temptation to have a go at people.

Sixth_Winged
Inb4 close.

JakeTheBank
None-the-less, he couldn't have been absorbing anything when resisting being taken apart by a miniature black hole, being in the middle of a planetary collision, et cetra.

Yes, without the hammer, how do you know he'd focus it. Where are these feats where Thor just up and tanks a planet busting blast without his hammer, as Superman did on two occasions, one being an entire solar system buster, ergo Supernova. ?

What are you talking about?

Mjolnir, repeatedly, has been stated to be a focusing lens for Thor's inate godly power, specifically when it comes to weather control. It also gives other powers. But no, Mjolnir doesn't passively increase Thor's resistance to damage at all nor does merely holding it and not using it for defensive purposes autoprotect him.

His feats against skyfathers, elder gods, and abstracts are more than enough evidence to suggest that his damage soak are among top tier.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

It's been done before. Especially in threads where the objective is to discuss the specific areas in which each character holds the advantage. Why do you insist on getting pissy in Superman threads? Seriously.
No it hasn't. Not like in this thread.

Dolos
What are you talking about?

Mjolnir, repeatedly, has been stated to be a focusing lens for Thor's inate godly power, specifically when it comes to weather control. It also gives other powers. But no, Mjolnir doesn't passively increase Thor's resistance to damage at all nor does merely holding it and not using it for defensive purposes autoprotect him.

His feats against skyfathers, elder gods, and abstracts are more than enough evidence to suggest that his damage soak are among top tier.

How do you know he wasn't practically dead before using the Mjlnr as a tool to recover? It's regenerated his limbs on occasion, even.

curryman
How do you know he wasn't practically dead before using the Mjlnr as a tool to recover? It's regenerated his limbs on occasion, even.

How does him actively using to heal himself constitute as the hammer giving him a passive bonus?

If anything it would be opposite.

JakeTheBank

What instance are you talking about?

abhilegend
Moving on, some other damage soak feats for superman

Surviving a kryptonite sword to the heart

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/healing/supermanbatman18a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/healing/supermanbatman18b.jpg

Is riddled with bullets after being heavily depowered and continues to fight

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/healing/ActionComics817a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/healing/ActionComics817b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Durability/healing/ActionComics817c.jpg

After being heavily depowered by red sun and kryptonite, he stalemates Amalak who had the strength of a planet of beings

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/Superman670-36.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/Superman670-37.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/Superman670-39.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/Superman670-40.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/Superman670-41.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/Superman670-42.jpg

Survives a nuke while standing in a kryptonite island

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supesnuke.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supesnuke2.jpg

Emperor Joker punches out his heart and eats it. Superman is still kicking.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15744662_actioncomics770p25pg9.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15744663_actioncomics770p26jn6.jpg

Dolos
When is Thor blind-sided by say, a Celestial or other such Abstract?

Silent Master
When is Thor blind-sided by say, a Celestial or other such Abstract?

Give a specific example of Mjolnir helping Thor recover/heal or regenerate limbs.

Rao Kal El
This is like being a hard core fan of a team with the nemesis of your favorite team.

You can show by every possible stat, chart, score or ANYTHING and We will always think, that no matter what, our team is the best. We could concede that one team has better players, maybe better coach, but RARELY We will admit that our team cannot defeat the other team. Deep down We know, but We just don't accept it.

And that goes for any side, Superman, Hulk, Thor, Thanos, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and so on.

pym-ftw
This is dumb, this thread is the reason we argue using averages...

Silent Master
Wonder-man and the Vision win, they tanked the Nega-bomb which was suposed to be powerful enough to wipe out all life in the Kree galaxysmile

Newjak
Closing, bait thread.

Abhi everyone knows Superman is and will always be a feat machine that doesn't mean he is the strongest in every category.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.