Thanos vs Full Power Onslaught and Full Power Proteus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos vs two powerful reality warpers...

Battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Who wins?

zopzop
Thanos.

Mindr@pe Proteus then pummel Onslaught. If Thor and Hulk could do it......... stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Thanos.

Mindr@pe Proteus then pummel Onslaught. If Thor and Hulk could do it......... stick out tongue

Given what Onslaught is theoretically capable of, he jobbed to the heroes; no PIS in a forum fight...

TheLordofMurder
Also Proteus (and this wasnt even Full Power Proteus) beat off an attempted Mindrape from a Phoenix that was in the process of transforming into Classic Dark Phoenix; Thanos aint mindraping him...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Also Proteus (and this wasnt even Full Power Proteus) beat off an attempted Mindrape from a Phoenix that was in the process of transforming into Classic Dark Phoenix; Thanos aint mindraping him...
Nope my friend. That wasn't the full power PF at all. Just before she faced down with Proteus, Moira ran some tests on her. They discovered that there were psionic circuit breakers in place, self imposed by Jean ever since the M'krann incident, to cut off her power to levels she can manage. She wasn't even herald level.
http://s21.postimg.org/tums3nbgj/psychic_ciruit_breakers.jpg
She didn't break them till she became Dark Phoenix.

And Proteus is mentally unstable, probably even more so than Maker, he has serious "mommy issues". Thanos mindr@ping him right from the get go isn't so far fetched.

Then it's just Thanos vs Onslaught. I still have faith in my boy Thanos. Onslaught was an idiot considering all the "IMPLIED" power he had.

carver9
Either could solo.

TheLordofMurder
Nope my friend. That wasn't the full power PF at all. Just before she faced down with Proteus, Moira ran some tests on her. They discovered that there were psionic circuit breakers in place, self imposed by Jean ever since the M'krann incident, to cut off her power to levels she can manage. She wasn't even herald level.
http://s21.postimg.org/tums3nbgj/psychic_ciruit_breakers.jpg
She didn't break them till she became Dark Phoenix.

And Proteus is mentally unstable, probably even more so than Maker, he has serious "mommy issues". Thanos mindr@ping him right from the get go isn't so far fetched.

Then it's just Thanos vs Onslaught. I still have faith in my boy Thanos. Onslaught was an idiot considering all the "IMPLIED" power he had.

Thats not exactly true; Classic Xmen issue 33, page 14, panel 1...

Cyclops mentions that despite the circuit breakers alledgedly working, Jean was getting stronger; she was starting to do things with ease that wasnt always easy for her...

So yeah, she was in the process of turing into Dark Phoenix; she wasnt there yet, but she was going in that direction...

So no, if Proteus (and once again, this isnt even Full Power Proteus) can beat off her attempted Mindrape, then Thanos aint stopping him with a Mindrape either...

zopzop
Thats not exactly true; Classic Xmen issue 33, page 14, panel 1...

Cyclops mentions that despite the circuit breakers alledgedly working, Jean was getting stronger; she was starting to do things with ease that wasnt always easy for her...

So yeah, she was in the process of turing into Dark Phoenix; she wasnt there yet, but she was going in that direction...

So no, if Proteus (and once again, this isnt even Full Power Proteus) can beat off her attempted Mindrape, then Thanos aint stopping him with a Mindrape either...
LoM, he said that as she performed the "awesome" feat of lifting 5 X-men and carrying them telekinetically. That may be more than Marvel Girl was capable of, but that's nowhere near even herald level. It's right there on panel. There's a huge difference between Dark Phoenix and the Jean that fought Proteus.

Proteus beat the mindr@ape of a sub herald level Jean. Thanos mindr@ped an insane Cube Being in combat. Big difference.

TheLordofMurder
LoM, he said that as she performed the "awesome" feat of lifting 5 X-men and carrying them telekinetically. That may be more than Marvel Girl was capable of, but that's nowhere near even herald level. It's right there on panel. There's a huge difference between Dark Phoenix and the Jean that fought Proteus.

Proteus beat the mindr@ape of a sub herald level Jean. Thanos mindr@ped an insane Cube Being in combat. Big difference.

But that wasnt the extent of her power as she was doing that without effort...

The point is that Moira was wrong about the circuit breaker as she was growing in strength; we really dont know how strong she was when she fought Proteus...but we do know she was under going the process of turning into Dark Phoenix.

zopzop
But that wasnt the extent of her power as she was doing that without effort...

The point is that Moira was wrong about the circuit breaker as she was growing in strength; we really dont know how strong she was when she fought Proteus...but we do know she was under going the process of turning into Dark Phoenix.
And we DO KNOW the circuit breakers were in place (stated on panel). We saw this vs Magneto that happened prior to her Proteus fight. She wanted more power but she hit a limit.

The PF that fought Proteus was a crippled Phoenix. Lifting 5 X-men is great for Marvel Girl but not for any herald worth a damn (this is the "feat" that wowed Cyclops. I guess he's easily impressed).

yaadaveyaa
onslaught solos thanos while proteus takes a nap

Stoic
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
onslaught solos thanos while proteus takes a nap

Onslaught beat Thanos? Nah.

"Id"
Proteus beats both

abhilegend
The maker was already mindraped by Oracle who incidently was stomped by regular Jean Grey.

TheGodKiller
Team wins.

TheTyrant
Thanos 10/10.

yaadaveyaa
yea i def think onslaught murders thanos here

Sixth_Winged
Without PIS Full powered Onslaught should win. Isn't fp onslaught basically a psionic being without his physical armor anyway?

Mr.SunKing
team

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by abhilegend
The maker was already mindraped by Oracle who incidently was stomped by regular Jean Grey.

thumb up

With that in mind, I think we can put to rest the notion of Thanos defeating Proteus via mindrape...

Even if Thanos mindraping Proteus was a possibility (and it simply isnt), whats to stop Onslaught from psionically shielding Proteus? Nothing at all...

Mindraping isnt working here...

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
The maker was already mindraped by Oracle who incidently was stomped by regular Jean Grey. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

With that in mind, I think we can put to rest the notion of Thanos defeating Proteus via mindrape...

Even if Thanos mindraping Proteus was a possibility (and it simply isnt), whats to stop Onslaught from psionically shielding Proteus? Nothing at all...

Mindraping isnt working here...
Uhm no she wasn't. She was already zoned out (stated by Gladiator) when Oracle shut her mind down. It's right there on panel and I provided it in another thread. She was in a state of catatonia.

Thanos mindraped Maker IN COMBAT. Not when she was zoned out.

TheLordofMurder
And we DO KNOW the circuit breakers were in place (stated on panel). We saw this vs Magneto that happened prior to her Proteus fight. She wanted more power but she hit a limit.

The PF that fought Proteus was a crippled Phoenix. Lifting 5 X-men is great for Marvel Girl but not for any herald worth a damn (this is the "feat" that wowed Cyclops. I guess he's easily impressed).

Yeah and after the Magneto fight...during the Proteus arc...she was getting stronger despite the circuit breaker.

Bottomline is that she was getting stronger during the Proteus arc and lifting 5 Xmen was not the extent of her power; she was gradually building up to Dark Phoenix.

And given that Oracle mindraped the maker, then Thanos doing that is nothing special...

Thanos might be able to do some things to Proteus in this fight, but mindraping aint it...

TheLordofMurder
Uhm no she wasn't. She was already zoned out (stated by Gladiator) when Oracle shut her mind down. It's right there on panel and I provided it in another thread. She was in a state of catatonia.

Thanos mindraped Maker IN COMBAT. Not when she was zoned out.

So whats to stop Onslaught from preventing that tactic?

Nothing at all, and dont dare try to argue that Thanos has superior psionic ability to Full Power Onslaught...

zopzop
Yeah and after the Magneto fight...during the Proteus arc...she was getting stronger despite the circuit breaker.

Bottomline is that she was getting stronger during the Proteus arc and lifting 5 Xmen was not the extent of her power; she was gradually building up to Dark Phoenix.

And given that Oracle mindraped the maker, then Thanos doing that is nothing special...

Thanos might be able to do some things to Proteus in this fight, but mindraping aint it...
Wrong. She wasn't getting stronger. Cyclops commented how she was able to do things as Phoenix that would strain the old Marvel Girl. His other comment was how quickly Jean pulled herself together after being shaken up by Proteus.

If you have proof post it. I provided you the panel that said she cut off her powers to a more manageable level. This was right before the Proteus arc. She didn't break free of her limits till she went full on Dark Phoenix.

And Oracle did not mindr@pe Maker, you KNOW this because I provided you the scans in another thread. Maker was in a state of catatonia when Oracle shut her mind down. Like Gladiator said, she did it to herself. Thanos mindr@ped her in COMBAT, not in a state of stupor. Here are the scans again :
http://s11.postimg.org/lbo47983j/catatonia.jpg http://s11.postimg.org/6484mwg8v/catatonia2.jpg
What is catatonia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catatonia

Exactly what was shown on panel. She was in a stupor and Oracle shut down her mind. She was awake and pissed when Thanos shut her sh|t down.
So whats to stop Onslaught from preventing that tactic?

Nothing at all, and dont dare try to argue that Thanos has superior psionic ability to Full Power Onslaught...
Onslaught used his powers like a moron. He did nothing exceptional with them. If Thor and Hulk can give him problems, Thanos is taking that @$$ out.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Onslaught jobbed to the heroes; he could have created that 2nd Sun right there on planet Earth and ended things immediately...

Yeah, Hulk and Thor did some things against Onslaught, but dont forget they had alot of help as well; they had two of the biggest brains in Marvel history backing them up as well as numerous others running interference for them among other things...

Thanos has no help here and Onslaught has Proteus by his side; Thanos isnt winning this as easily as you seem to think he does...

What answer does he have to being assaulted by Onslaught and simutaneously having to defend himself from Proteus; he cant beat either of them quickly...

Remember, no PIS in a forum fight to slow down the team; Onslaught created a 2nd sun on a whim...whats to stop him from unleashing a blast containing all the energy of a star on Thanos at once at point blank range? Absolutely nothing...that assault would be greater than Sols Anvil which only used a portion of the power of a star...

zopzop
@zopzop

Onslaught jobbed to the heroes; he could have created that 2nd Sun right there on planet Earth and ended things immediately...

Yeah, Hulk and Thor did some things against Onslaught, but dont forget they had alot of help as well; they had two of the biggest brains in Marvel history backing them up as well as numerous others running interference for them among other things...

Thanos has no help here and Onslaught has Proteus by his side; Thanos isnt winning this as easily as you seem to think he does...

What answer does he have to being assaulted by Onslaught and simutaneously having to defend himself from Proteus; he cant beat either of them quickly...

Remember, no PIS in a forum fight to slow down the team; Onslaught created a 2nd sun on a whim...whats to stop him from unleashing a blast containing all the energy of a star on Thanos at once at point blank range? Absolutely nothing...that assault would be greater than Sols Anvil which only used a portion of the power of a star...

It doesn't work that way LoM. Hitting Thanos with the energy of a star? You have HERALD level beings unphased by being inside the CORE of stars (Thor, Surfer, Quasar, etc...) and you have herald level beings surviving the crush of black holes. Yet we've seen how Thanos manhandles heralds.

Their durability is NOT greater than his.

It's entirely possible Thanos wins by taking out Proteus almost immediately. This guy has SERIOUS mental issues. Leaving only Thanos and Onslaught.

I saw Thanos can pull it off. Not easily but he can. You say he gets beat down. Even if he does, he for SURE is taking out Proteus.

Branlor Swift
Another great thread by LOM. He makes a thread where he thinks one character is equal to Dark Phoenix, and he thinks the other is more powerful than 4 Celestials and has him fight Thanos.

Also lol at Onslaught creating an attack more powerful than Sol Anvil.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/whoa_zps56a90b93.jpg

look what he was doing at 13

JakeTheBank
How old is Thanos currently?

Has he ever been given an approximate age span?

TheLordofMurder
Despite his promising start, take a look at Thanos by age 30:

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How old is Thanos currently?

Has he ever been given an approximate age span? who knows, however in a quasar comic makkari said that he was (iirc) "4", and that eternals count a millennium as 1. he was still considered a youth according to him.

he's way older than makkari that much is certain

zopzop
Despite his promising start, take a look at Thanos by age 30:
ROFLMMFAO.

LoM, I now use this site for image uploads :
http://postimage.org/
You don't need to register (so you're not pestered like Imageshack and Photobucket do) and if you upload multiple pics it will make multiple forum thumbnails for them with a single click.

Saves lots of time. Just thought you may find that handy.

TheLordofMurder
ROFLMMFAO.

LoM, I now use this site for image uploads :
http://postimage.org/
You don't need to register (so you're not pestered like Imageshack and Photobucket do) and if you upload multiple pics it will make multiple forum thumbnails for them with a single click.

Saves lots of time. Just thought you may find that handy.

Ah cool...thanx zop! smile

zopzop
Ah cool...thanx zop! smile
YW smile

I forgot to tell you it has another cool option, it lets you link and make thumbnails from images on the web. I get a lot of scans from comicvine and sometimes it won't let you link them on another forum (so then I was forced to save the pic, upload it to imageshack, then link the thumbnail), but this site somehow bypasses that. LOL smile

TheGodKiller
Absolutely nothing...that assault would be greater than Sols Anvil which only used a portion of the power of a star...
Sols Anvil was powered by a bunch of other things as well(among them, the Negative Zone), and Hickman confirmed on Formspring that it amplified the solar energy that was channeled in the blast.

"Id"
Team stomps.

I don't know why Proteus is being looked down. The combined efforts of X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, & X-Factor where no match for him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.