Favorite Origins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
What's your favorite origin of Superman? Doesn't have to be canon or even from the comics themselves.

-Pr-
While I will say that I believe Geoff Johns' Secret Origin is probably the best one written post crisis, I think Birthright is my favourite, purely for that beautifully poignant moment where Jor-El and Lara actually get to see their son grown up, and they know that he made it.

I almost shed man tears.

JakeTheBank
I do really like Secret Origin. Even though they're silly by today's standards, the Christoper Reeve movies were my first introduction to Superman and the book really captured that same sort of vibe and the likeness Gary Frank made Clark have toward Reeve was a neat touch.

-Pr-
Agreed. While I had my complaints about Johns and Frank working on the day to day Superman stuff, I felt like their work on the origin was something special, in a way that set it apart.

abhilegend
Birthright, bar none.

Vensai
Probably Secret Origin.

TheHulk
Secret Oirgin or Birthright.

JakeTheBank
As far as non canon stuff goes, I really liked Superman: Kal, sad as it was. And of course, Red Son was great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.