Who are the greatest minds of the DC universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Let's keep it separate between DC's earth and DC's space. For earth, I would say:

Earth:
1. Alexander Luthor Jr.
2. TO Morrow
3. Lex Luthor
4. Niles Caulder
5. Ray Palmer
6. Ultra Humanite
7. Will Magnus
8. Mr. Terrific/Terry Sloan
9. Prometheus
10. Professor Ivo

Space:
1. Metron
2. Brainiac 5
3. Brainiac
4. Brainiac 3
5. Vril Dox
6. Rip Hunter
7. Captain Comet
8. Epoch
9. Saradath
10. Adam Strange

JakeTheBank
Alexander Luthor, Jr. would count more as a "cosmic" character than an Earthbound one, imo.

Galan007
Lord Havok.

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Alexander Luthor, Jr. would count more as a "cosmic" character than an Earthbound one, imo.

I was going to put him in the alternate earth/cosmic tier, but when he go resurrected by Tangent Green Lantern, I think he stayed on earth. Right before the DCnU relaunch.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
Lord Havok.

What place would you put him in?

Galan007
Near the top.

Rao Kal El
Near the top.

Your sig is making me hit my screen everytime. mad

JakeTheBank
Near the top.

He is a Doom homage. mmm

pym-ftw
Does Metron really count?

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Does Metron really count?

Why wouldn't he?

pym-ftw
He has omnipotence

Golgo13
He has omnipotence

When was this stated?

pym-ftw
It's pretty heavily implied he freely travels through time and space

Golgo13
I don't think I have ever heard anyone say Metron is omnipotent. But I haven't read every appearance. Orion can travel between time and space, yet he isn't omnipotent.

Galan007
Metron does not possess omnipotence or omniscience. He has proven himself quite fallible on several occasions.

Golgo13
Metron does not possess omnipotence or omniscience. He has proven himself quite fallible on several occasions.

Would you rank his intelligence ahead of Brainiac/Brainiac 5?

Galan007
Oh yes. By far.

Cogito
Metron does not possess omnipotence or omniscience.
As creator and one-time user of the Warlogog, he ought to have omiscience and a certain degree of omnipotence, however...

He has proven himself quite fallible on several occasions.

/shrug

TheGodKiller
On Earth: Lex and Ivo.

In space: Metron and Brainiac 5.

Odekahn
Toyman should be on the list.

And honestly so should batman. Now before you cry fanboy let me explain. He's a jack of all trades and is and expert in many different fields. He's a prep genius, and his mind is evidently of the greatest in DC.

Golgo13
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
On Earth: Lex and Ivo.

In space: Metron and Brainiac 5.

I would put Niles ahead of Lex and Ivo in general, yes?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Odekahn
Toyman should be on the list.

And honestly so should batman. Now before you cry fanboy let me explain. He's a jack of all trades and is and expert in many different fields. He's a prep genius, and his mind is evidently of the greatest in DC.

Didn't Mr. Terrific school Bruce?

JakeTheBank
Bruce could barely detect Terrific in his cowl and was impressed enough with Holt's inventions that he had Wayne buy him out for a hefty price.

Though, the fact that Batman's lens were even able to pick up anything at all says a lot about Bruce's tech considering Terrific is otherwise invisible to it.

I do believe that Bruce wanted to draft Terrific away from the JSA as well.

Golgo13
thumb up He was also able to create a device to destroy the Black Lanterns, travel through time, and his T Spheres are pretty versatile.

BTW, I feel DCnU Terrific is even more intelligent than Pre-Flashpoint version.

Hardly any talk on Ray Palmer, who I think is one of the best prep characters in comics. Right along with Stark and Pym, IMO.

Not only has he cracked the Hourman virus, which Superman 1M said was nearly impossible, he has created time machines, a machine able to defeat Superman (by plucking a being through time, AKA Atlas), creating the best shrinking technology in comics, and figured out how to negate a universe destroying phenomenon that had not been discovered.

Thanks to desaad for some of these feats.

SevenShackles
Lord Havok.
I agree. That empty white room impressed me when I first saw it.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/65362/1263844-hl2.jpg
Look at it, so unimpressive yet so impressive at the same time big grin

Odekahn
I'm not talking about who is the best tech head, I'm talking about greatest minds overall. Bruce has more than his knowledge of robotics, he's the worlds greatest detective, psychology, anatomy, combat strategies, etc.

Oh and I'd include the Question.

Golgo13
I'm not talking about who is the best tech head, I'm talking about greatest minds overall. Bruce has more than his knowledge of robotics, he's the worlds greatest detective, psychology, anatomy, combat strategies, etc.

Oh and I'd include the Question.

Many of the geniuses I mentioned like Ray Palmer, Chief, TO Morrow, Luthor, and Terrific are also a jack of all trades.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Golgo13
Creating the best shrinking technology in comics
cool
That's one

Golgo13
cool
That's one

Says the guy who said Metron was Omnipotent. smokin'

pym-ftw
Worlogog should give him nigh omnipotence, not my fault pis exists

Golgo13
We're not using Metron W/Worlogog, though. And he doesn't even have it currently.

pym-ftw
Getting off topic,

But he built the thing...

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Your sig is making me hit my screen everytime. mad

Lol...I know. I keep rubbing my screen thinking something is wrong with it.

Golgo13
Getting off topic,

But he built the thing...

If he had the Worlogog, he would be omnipotent, but base intelligent, he isn't. And nowhere in any run of the NG's was it ever stated that he was. He's uber intelligent (easily on the likes of Reed and beyond Brainiac), but he's not omnipotent level.

nannasin28
He has omnipotence

Galan007
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I agree. That empty white room impressed me when I first saw it.

Look at it, so unimpressive yet so impressive at the same time big grin That empty white room negated the powers of ANY superpowered being who entered it-- aside from Havok and his Extremists, of course:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15797182_1.jpg

-Pr-
I don't see Batman.

Odekahn
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see Batman.

I said him! *raises hand*

-Pr-
I said him! *raises hand*

Cookie for you, sir.

Golgo13
Batman doesn't belong with the big 5, IMO. Maybe top 10, if he's lucky.

JakeTheBank
Also, if we're giving Batman honorable mention, Superman.

-Pr-
Batman is easily in the top 5 minds, imo. Unless you're restricting it only to scientific fields.

Golgo13
Yes, this is basically only scientific feats.

TheHulk
Damn it! I wanted to create a thread like this LOL! I already created my top 10 smartest marvel characters thread. BUT SERIOUSLY! Why can no one have order?

TheHulk
Wait a minute! I just noticed no one has made thier own list ! eek!

Odekahn
Originally posted by Golgo13
If he had the Worlogog, he would be omnipotent, but base intelligent, he isn't. And nowhere in any run of the NG's was it ever stated that he was. He's uber intelligent (easily on the likes of Reed and beyond Brainiac), but he's not omnipotent level.

Being omnipotent doesn't make you intelligent. Being omniscient does.

Galan007
Theoretically, if you possess literal omnipotence, you *should* be able to make yourself omniscient.

Cogito
Theoretically, if you possess literal omnipotence, you *should* be able to make yourself omniscient.

This is true.

There's also a difference between passive and active omniscience. The Warlogog is a map of space/time, and as such the user should be able to actively make himself aware of anything. This is different from passive omniscience (that a supreme being would have, for example), in which said character wouldn't need to do jack shit to know everything. Lucifer also gained active (semi)omniscience at one point in his series by breaching the Source Wall, from which he was able to see all of the multiverse at once.

namorsubby
Bruce definitely deserves to be on this list.

Uriel005
In terms or raw intelligence or creative capacity/feats.

namorsubby
Either, Both

Mindset
Kyle Rayner

Golgo13
I'd like to know what Bruce has done that puts him in the league of Ray Palmer, Niles Caulder, TO Morrow, Ultra Humanite, etc...

curryman
Rip Hunter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.