Who would you cast in the NEXT Batman reboot?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
1. Who would you pick to play Batman/Bruce Wayne?
2. Who would you pick for your cast? Villain, Alfred, etc...
3. Who would you choose to direct it? Cinematography? Etc...
4. Who would you pick to write the screen play?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Golgo13
1. Who would you pick to play Batman/Bruce Wayne?
2. Who would you pick for your cast? Villain, Alfred, etc...
3. Who would you choose to direct it? Cinematography? Etc...
4. Who would you pick to write the screen play?

Bruce Wayne - Daniel Day Lewis if you dyed his hair black and a little make up.
http://www.bbccanadashop.com/blog/dvds-in-the-works/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/daniel-day-lewis.jpg

Alfred - Ben Kingsley
http://topnews.in/light/files/Ben.Kingsley.jpg

That's all I got.

Golgo13
Good pick with DDL.

roughrider
DDL is 56 years old. He'd be better as Dr. Strange.

-Pr-
Matt Bomer as Bruce Wayne. Has the look and the range to go from Bruce to Batman easily.
If I couldn't bring back Michael Caine for Alfred, then not sure who I'd get. Maybe someone like John Cleese, that can really bring out that dry wit.
Not sure about the villain.

As far as directors/writers go? Alex Proyas or someone like Matthew Vaughn.

I'd want something in the vein of the Arkham games, or the comics. It feels almost like a twisted reflection of our world. Real enough at first glance, but with that twisted element to it.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by roughrider
DDL is 56 years old. He'd be better as Dr. Strange.

He's DDL. The guy can play almost anything...or an older Bruce Wayne (40 year old Batman?). Why does it always have to be a younger portrayal? I think a reboot of Batman in his later years would be more interesting. We don't need a retelling of Bruce Wayne's past since Nolan's version did it so well. The reboot could just include Nightwing or Robin and focus on new villains rather than another Joker storyline. We already have two good one and seriously no one is touching Ledger's Joker. Man Bat, Phantasm, Clayface, Mr Freeze, and Riddler are good choices for a reboot. If DC has balls, they could eventually do a Batman Beyond with an older DDL as grumpy, old Bruce Wayne.

Older Bruce Wayne for Batman Beyond.
http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1527845.ece/ALTERNATES/s298/Daniel+Day+Lewis.jpg

Grumpy, old Bruce Wayne.
http://unaffiliatedcritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Daniel-Day-Lewis-in-LINCOLN.jpg

http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/batmanbeyond00005.jpg

-Pr-
This Batman would have to be suitable for Justice League. That's pretty much the point of rebooting him.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by -Pr-
This Batman would have to be suitable for Justice League. That's pretty much the point of rebooting him.

Batman in his early 40s. Superman, Hal, and Flash in their 30s. Wonder Woman youth and immortal. They don't have to be youthful IMO.

-Pr-
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Batman in his early 40s. Superman, Hal, and Flash in their 30s. Wonder Woman youth and immortal. They don't have to be youthful IMO.

Batman needs to be as young as possible to be able to keep up with the League; otherwise he's gonna end up seeming like the Nick Fury of that universe.

WhiteWitchKing
Batman needs to be as young as possible to be able to keep up with the League; otherwise he's gonna end up seeming like the Nick Fury of that universe.

That's true but I would think Batman's contribution to the League is his detective skills and intelligence. I just have a hard time to seeing a young Bruce having enough experience to make him a credible intellect that would school the rest of the Leaguers.

-Pr-
I never said young. In his 30s is how old Batman is in the comics, and that would be fine I think.

JayDaDon
I didn't know who Matt Bomer was but I had a gut feeling it was that guy from White collar. It would be interesting getting him as Batman because he looks like Henry Cavill, and bruce and clark do look kind of similar so that would be kinda cool.

srankmissingnin
Matt Bomer as Bruce Wayne. Has the look and the range to go from Bruce to Batman easily.
If I couldn't bring back Michael Caine for Alfred, then not sure who I'd get. Maybe someone like John Cleese, that can really bring out that dry wit.
Not sure about the villain.

As far as directors/writers go? Alex Proyas or someone like Matthew Vaughn.

I'd want something in the vein of the Arkham games, or the comics. It feels almost like a twisted reflection of our world. Real enough at first glance, but with that twisted element to it.

Matt Bomer is a perfect Nightwing, but I don't think he'd make a good Bruce. Matt Bomer as Nightwing vs Ian Somerhalder as Red Hood. Make it happen!

Anyway. Kingdom Come. Josh Brolin as Batman. Jon Hamm as Superman. Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman. Print Money. You're welcome.

-Pr-
Ugh.

BruceSkywalker
nobody.. im not even confident who they get will satiate my appetite

-Pr-
I'm honestly not as bothered by who they cast, as I am by the tone of the movies.

I don't want anything like the Nolan trilogy again.

Kazenji
Go back to the Burton movie style or something similar.

juggerman
Ryan Reynolds as the Bat. If we give him enough chances he'll get a comicbook character right one day thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by juggerman
Ryan Reynolds as the Bat. If we give him enough chances he'll get a comicbook character right one day thumb up

hell no.... Batman isn't a comedy.... lol

WhiteWitchKing
Reynolds is Deadpool.

The_Moshfather
Why not get Tim Burton to direct and have Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson return for a cinematic version of The Dark Knight Returns?

Otherwise
Karl Urban: Batman/Bruce Wayne
Patrick Stewart: Alfred Pennyworth
Ray Winstone: Penguin
Hugo Weaving: Black Mask
Bryan Cranston: Jim Gordon
Charlize Theron: Oracle
Joesph Gordon Levvit: Nightwing

I would step away from the ultra-realistic Nolan vibe and instead give the film more of a Animated Sereis/ Arkham Asylum look and feel. A violent gangwar bewteen The crime lords known as the penguin and the black mask engulfs Gotham City. Batman learns that no man is an island and he doesn't have to work alone. Enter Nightwing and Oracle.
Keeping JGL would be a good way of linking it loosely to The Dark Knight and that way you get to keep a little continuity.
You could say that after bane freed everyone from Blackgate and The truth about harvey dent comes to light, crime returns to gotham and although John Blake has took to the streets as nightwing Bruce wayne returns to gotham and the quest to shut down these new ganglords begins.

That'd be my idea anyway but i'm not a screenwriter or anything.

The_Moshfather
I'm honestly not as bothered by who they cast, as I am by the tone of the movies.

I don't want anything like the Nolan trilogy again.

Amen brother! The next film should translate the feel of modern batman comics onto screen rather than going for the uber-realistic vibe Nolan had going on.
As much as i love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight its time for something new.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.