Thor Vs Superman(With a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Igniz
Not a direct confrontation between the two stick out tongue But rather, who would be easier to write a story between this two if we consider history of feats(barring the ones that are PIS for both of them),rouges of villains,character development,loved ones involved in their stories(family & friends)variety,more potential and etc.The goal here is to make a story that just wont cater to the fan base alone.So which of this two would be easier to write a story if you were tasked to write a story about them(for Superman or Thor)?

Mshinu
Honestly Supes is too much of a boyscout, it is easier to make a Thor story appeal to ppl outside of the fanbase. This is a problem the Man of Steel movie will have to overcome too.

curryman
Originally posted by Mshinu
Honestly Supes is too much of a boyscout, it is easier to make a Thor story appeal to ppl outside of the fanbase. This is a problem the Man of Steel movie will have to overcome too.

Only in the minds of idiots.

And while I love Thor, his concept of honour in many of the old comics bordered on retardation.

Mshinu
Originally posted by curryman
Only in the minds of idiots.

Superman`s boyscoutness and being too "super" are major obstacles in selling him to a larger audience. Most critics would agree on this, however enjoy sticking your head in the sand if you like.

curryman
Originally posted by Mshinu
Superman`s boyscoutness and being too "super" are major obstacles in selling him to a larger audience. Most critics would agree on this, however enjoy sticking your head in the sand if you like.

What critics?

pym-ftw
All the ones who hated Superman Returns

Damborgson
Superman returns just sucked a little is all. Seeing superman get drowned like that was just depressing.

StyleTime
In all honesty, I think Superman is pretty easy to market to the mainstream. From what I've noticed, the average person just wants to see him having badass fights with other super people.

Returns had none of that. The suckiness had little to do with Superman being a "boy scout."

JakeTheBank
Superman is the more popular and well known character and has endured since the late 30's. He'd be easier to write a story for regardless of age range and regardless of whether or not your audience had even picked up a Superman comic before.

CosmicComet
Ease of story writing, more or less equal. Both have a huge rogues gallery to draw from and wide range of feats, meaning any number of things can be plausibly written.

Ease of marketing, Superman. Simply because he is who he is.

pym-ftw
^thumb up

StyleTime
I concur.

CosmicComet
This shit can't be serious...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by CosmicComet
This shit can't be serious...

Iron Shiek would make the Ultimate Warrior humble the old country way.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by StyleTime
In all honesty, I think Superman is pretty easy to market to the mainstream. From what I've noticed, the average person just wants to see him having badass fights with other super people.

Returns had none of that. The suckiness had little to do with Superman being a "boy scout." This.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Iron Shiek would make the Ultimate Warrior humble the old country way.

Not in kayfabe.

The Ultimate Warrior's feats there are like an ungodly fusion of Thor and Superman.

JakeTheBank
Shiek's shoot promos...

laughing out loud

CosmicComet
"I'll fuk your ass! And make you humble!"

"Queering doesn't make the world work Sheik. LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH DA ROCKETFUELLLLLL."

JakeTheBank
Warrior was backed by a pantheon of skyfathers. He's the end result if Thor and Superman did a fusion and then shouted "Shazam!".

srankmissingnin
No respect for the camel clutch. Pitiful!

Supra
What are thor's weaknesses? Can he run low on power or is he affected by anything, could he survive flying into the sun like Kal El?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Supra
What are thor's weaknesses? Can he run low on power or is he affected by anything, could he survive flying into the sun like Kal El?

He currently has no explicit weaknesses, but back in the day, if he were to remain out of contact with Mjolnir for sixty seconds, he would revert to his mortal alter-ego of Donald Blake or Eric Masterson.

But yes, he can survive flying into the sun.

Supra
Originally posted by Damborgson
Superman returns just sucked a little is all. Seeing superman get drowned like that was just depressing.

For getting stabbed with a green rock then broken off inside him, then thrown into the ocean and almost drowning then a minute later recharged by the sun and lifting an entire continent of krytopnite, it was pretty impressive. I really thing that was a good part. It showed how much he could do regardless of how hurt he was.

Much better to me then Superman: The Move, or Smallville where he can't do anything and I mean anything with green rocks around.

CosmicComet

Previously leaving Mjolnir's side for 60 seconds.

Now his weakness is probably Bendis.

Supra
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He currently has no explicit weaknesses, but back in the day, if he were to remain out of contact with Mjolnir for sixty seconds, he would revert to his mortal alter-ego of Donald Blake or Eric Masterson.

But yes, he can survive flying into the sun.

So is he considered a god or demi god?

JakeTheBank
So is he considered a god or demi god?

He's a full fledged god.

JakeTheBank
Now his weakness is probably Bendis.

After Age of Ultron, Bendis will be mostly preoccupied trashing the mutants and cosmic characters.

Supra
Well if hes a full blown god, and has no weakness he might have the advantage here against superman, it would still be a rough fight for thor though.

CosmicComet
Supra its not a fight thread.

Supra
Supra its not a fight thread.

I know im just saying, sorrysmile

JakeTheBank
Well if hes a full blown god, and has no weakness he might have the advantage here against superman, it would still be a rough fight for thor though.

Superman's beaten gods before and he certainly has the feats to warrant him being able to best Thor.

It'd be a tough fight, either way though, yeah.

Still, even though I would consider myself a bigger Thor fan than a Superman one, I know I would have an easier time writing and marketing a Superman story than a Thor one.

Supra
Superman's beaten gods before and he certainly has the feats to warrant him being able to best Thor.

It'd be a tough fight, either way though, yeah.

Still, even though I would consider myself a bigger Thor fan than a Superman one, I know I would have an easier time writing and marketing a Superman story than a Thor one.

Oh cool are you a writer or you speaking in 3rd person?

JakeTheBank
Oh cool are you a writer or you speaking in 3rd person?

I write in my spare time, but I don't have anything published or anything like that.

Supra
I write in my spare time, but I don't have anything published or anything like that.

Who do you favor more in general, Kal El or Thor?

carver9
Superman stories are easier to write. I want Marvel to find a way where Thor absorbs Mjlonir into himself (temporary story) which would grant him all of those abilities, including flight, but he would be hammerless and relying more on his fist and power. That would be an amazing story imo.

Branlor Swift
I wrote a Thor story once using an in universe portrayal...

JakeTheBank
Who do you favor more in general, Kal El or Thor?

I'm more of a Thor fan than a Superman one, but I like them both.

Supra
Originally posted by carver9
Superman stories are easier to write. I want Marvel to find a way where Thor absorbs Mjlonir into himself (temporary story) which would grant him all of those abilities, including flight, but he would be hammerless and relying more on his fist and power. That would be an amazing story imo.

Is he really that powerless without the hammer?

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Where is it? Link.

Branlor Swift
Where is it? Link. In my sig. You've seen it before.

JakeTheBank

So, basically, you want Thor to have the Odin Force.

laughing out loud

carver9
Is he really that powerless without the hammer?

He's not powerless without it, I just think it takes away from his overall potential. He's a beast with or without it.

carver9

laughing out loud

Pretty much. Not a large portion of the OF like Odin and he had the OF before but he still relied on his hammer.

Supra
He's not powerless without it, I just think it takes away from his overall potential. He's a beast with or without it.

Ive watched a few animated movies with Thor and I have seen him being able to fly without the hammer. Is this comic based or an adaptation?

Supra

laughing out loud
Nice

CosmicComet

Actually, good point.

The fact that Thor is seen always, or nearly always, holding on to a hammer, limits his writing potential a little.

I really hate Mjolnir as it is now. It should be a deus ex machina type thing that he materializes in front of him when he really needs it. Or maybe even make it all ethereal, glowy, and transparent like how Nightwolf in mortal kombat summons his bow/arrows and tomahawks.
That way its more obvious that its all his doing, and he's not some low-rent God that has to strictly rely on a magical weapon. I know some casual people personally that have complained about that supposed aspect of him, just from their viewing of Avengers and knowing nothing else. erm

JakeTheBank
I thought Thor had access to the Odin force or is this only when he is Rune King?

He did, but generally speaking, no, he doesn't have the Odin Force.

carver9
Ive watched a few animated movies with Thor and I have seen him being able to fly without the hammer. Is this comic based or an adaptation?

Yeah, he can fly without it but imo, it looks more like gliding. Its not the flight that's my main concern, he can run around if he wants, I just want to see him beat the hell out of people with both hands without grasping Mjlonir 24/7. Then he would also have more strength fts...

smile

Supra
Actually, good point.

The fact that Thor is seen always, or nearly always, holding on to a hammer, limits his writing potential a little.

I really hate Mjolnir as it is now. It should be a deus ex machina type thing that he materializes in front of him when he really needs it. Or maybe even make it all ethereal, glowy, and transparent like how Nightwolf in mortal kombat summons his bow/arrows and tomahawks.
That way its more obvious that its all his doing, and he's not some low-rent God that has to strictly rely on a magical weapon. I know some casual people personally that have complained about that supposed aspect of him, just from their viewing of Avengers and knowing nothing else. erm

I agree with you 100%, him always having to have he hammer around to really do anything is kinda lame. Like he could summon it the way Loki summons the The Casket of Ancient Winters to call upon it when needed.

Supra
Yeah, he can fly without it but imo, it looks more like gliding. Its not the flight that's my main concern, he can run around if he wants, I just want to see him beat the hell out of people with both hands without grasping Mjlonir 24/7. Then he would also have more strength fts...

smile

Good point, did you like the fist fight btw Hulk and Thor in Avengers? Hulk trashes him but it was still a good slug fest.

CosmicComet
Yeah, personally I don't like 'herald' level heroes and up using weapons more than their fists.

carver9
Actually, good point.

I agree with all of this.

Supra
Does Thor had access to the Odin force at all times or is this only when he is Rune King?

carver9
Good point, did you like the fist fight btw Hulk and Thor in Avengers? Hulk trashes him but it was still a good slug fest.

A Thor and Hulk fight is always the best fights shown in comics. Yes, I enjoyed it.

Supra
A Thor and Hulk fight is always the best fights shown in comics. Yes, I enjoyed it.

Has hulk ever lost to thor in a comic book fight?

carver9
Does Thor had access to the Odin force at all times or is this only when he is Rune King?

Like Jake said, not really but there are instances of him having complete access to the power (even though he still used the hammer). Rune King is something entirely different.

carver9
Has hulk ever lost to thor in a comic book fight?

Yeah, a bolt to the head took him out.

Supra
Yeah, a bolt to the head took him out.

Death or KO?

carver9
Death or KO?

It knocked him out...turned him back to Banner. That was a good showing for Thor. One of the fights he actually used a good portion of his versatility.

Zack Fair
IMO the hammer is one of the coolest and unique aspects of Thor.

TheGodKiller
'Twas truly a masterpiece. thumb up

-Pr-
The whole "boyscout" aspect is something that people on message boards bring up a whole lot more than the actual comics do nowadays; in fact it's been a good decade or so since Superman was consistently portrayed as the kind of boyscout people like to claim he is.

Being a good person doesn't make someone a boyscout. Refusing to toss Lex Luthor in to the sun doesn't either.

Hell, remember when people used to call Cyclops a boyscout?

Branlor Swift
Yeah, but then Cyclops became a massive douchebag who throws up gang signs and shit.

Even Superman doesn't deserve that fate. Imagine if the guy made an S symbol with his hands and body everytime he won a fight?

-Pr-
Yeah, but then Cyclops became a massive douchebag who throws up gang signs and shit.

Even Superman doesn't deserve that fate. Imagine if the guy made an S symbol with his hands and body everytime he won a fight?

Whigger of Steel?

Branlor Swift
http://i41.tinypic.com/30t5dlv.jpg

-Pr-
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2303/2201784966_1b191249d6_z.jpg?zz=1

thumb up

Branlor Swift
If Land started drawing Superman, I think the perception of him would really change tbh

h1a8
Originally posted by Igniz
Not a direct confrontation between the two stick out tongue But rather, who would be easier to write a story between this two if we consider history of feats(barring the ones that are PIS for both of them),rouges of villains,character development,loved ones involved in their stories(family & friends)variety,more potential and etc.The goal here is to make a story that just wont cater to the fan base alone.So which of this two would be easier to write a story if you were tasked to write a story about them(for Superman or Thor)?

Thor would be much easier.
With Superman I would have to lie to myself almost everytime and ignore his speed.

-Pr-
If Land started drawing Superman, I think the perception of him would really change tbh

Don't even joke about that.

Originally posted by h1a8
Thor would be much easier.
With Superman I would have to lie to myself almost everytime and ignore his speed.

if you didn't ignore his personality, you wouldn't have to.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't even joke about that.

if you didn't ignore his personality, you wouldn't have to.

He doesn't have a personality. He doesn't exist. Writer's write whatever they want him to do. One writer would have him use his speed like flash (vibrating through attacks, seeing things in frozen time, traveling miles at the sound of a gun shot to stop it, blitzing enemies, etc.) and another would have him operate at the same speed as his enemies (like metallo, Grundy, etc.). Remember we have plenty of evidence that Superman's reflexes are always on. So either writer's ignore his powers or he chooses to turn his reflexes and speed off.

Superman being gifted (or slightly genius) contradicts him forgetting his power of super speed or purposely turning it off. It's the writer who is ignoring the truth (or forgetting the truth).

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
He doesn't have a personality. He doesn't exist. Writer's write whatever they want him to do. One writer would have him use his speed like flash (vibrating through attacks, seeing things in frozen time, traveling miles at the sound of a gun shot to stop it, blitzing enemies, etc.) and another would have him operate at the same speed as his enemies (like metallo, Grundy, etc.). Remember we have plenty of evidence that Superman's reflexes are always on. So either writer's ignore his powers or he chooses to turn his reflexes and speed off.

Superman being gifted (or slightly genius) contradicts him forgetting his power of super speed or purposely turning it off. It's the writer who is ignoring the truth (or forgetting the truth).

Honestly, I disagree with pretty much everything you just said.

StyleTime
I laughed so hard at this. Thank you.

Branlor Swift
np

Honestly, I disagree with pretty much everything you just said. what part did you agree with? His spelling of Superman being spot on?

nannasin28
it had even picked up a Superman comic before.

-Pr-
np

what part did you agree with? His spelling of Superman being spot on?

I just try to find a silver lining in every situation.

Igniz
Great responses so far guys.TBH, I got the idea of this thread from a friend of mine.I answered him Thor would be easier to write a story on the basis that his character is plagued with CIS(Thor and Hulk dance routine for example).And his a character from mythology.Which means he even gets to encounter Gods from other pantheons.Which give him a bit of advantage in the variety and potential department.I would agree on the basis that Superman would be easier to market since he's the more popular of the two.

Spire
I'd say it is more difficult to write a Superman story for Superman fans than it is a Thor story for Thor fans(loons).

abhilegend
Originally posted by Spire
I'd say it is more difficult to write a Superman story for Superman fans than it is a Thor story for Thor fans(loons).
Just write Thor lifting a city, smashing someone with mjolnir and doing something impressive i.e. not being oneshotted and the Thor fans would be happy.

psycho gundam
that joke isn't even funny anymore

-Pr-
I think Thor stories are harder to write simply because Thor tends to work better (imo) when you can heavily reference the mythology and the Asgardian aspects of the character. For instance, while stopping bank robberies and catching a falling Lois is Superman's bread and butter, Thor would almost seem out of place doing it, I think.

A good Thor writer has to have a good grasp of the mythology, whereas a good writer just has to be a good writer to write a decent Superman story, imo.

Spire
Originally posted by abhilegend
Just write Thor lifting a city, smashing someone with mjolnir and doing something impressive i.e. not being oneshotted and the Thor fans would be happy.

No, no. This is how.

Narrator: ..... ... ...... LIKE A WARRIOR BORN! ... .......
Thor fan: Whoa! Cool!

Narrator: ...... SON OF ODIN .... ....... GODLY... ....
Thor fan: Holy crap! This is awesome!

Narrator: ..... MYSTIC MALLET.. ... .... .... ASGARDIAN ....
Thor fan: OMG, this is the greatest!
Thor fan: *begins masturbating*

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that joke isn't even funny anymore

thumb up

I think Thor stories are harder to write simply because Thor tends to work better (imo) when you can heavily reference the mythology and the Asgardian aspects of the character. For instance, while stopping bank robberies and catching a falling Lois is Superman's bread and butter, Thor would almost seem out of place doing it, I think.

A good Thor writer has to have a good grasp of the mythology, whereas a good writer just has to be a good writer to write a decent Superman story, imo.

They are. Thor can work in the classical superhero genre, a more mythological/fantasy genre, science fiction/cosmic stuff, and everything in between, but you have to be able to portray it in a way that stays true to the character without it feeling forced. I think once the initial tone is set, you can pretty much go from there with Thor. You also have to reconcile the conflicting Asgardian origins/mythos (or pull a Fraction/Gillen and say that they all count) and choose whether or not you're portraying Thor as a god among men or are as man fighting amongst gods. Personally, I always liked the Donald Blake persona, but others feel it's long since served its purpose.

But in a lot of cases, the best Thor stories aren't even the ones with the best feats contrary to what some people may mistakenly think.

-Pr-
thumb up

They are. Thor can work in the classical superhero genre, a more mythological/fantasy genre, science fiction/cosmic stuff, and everything in between, but you have to be able to portray it in a way that stays true to the character without it feeling forced. I think once the initial tone is set, you can pretty much go from there with Thor. You also have to reconcile the conflicting Asgardian origins/mythos (or pull a Fraction/Gillen and say that they all count) and choose whether or not you're portraying Thor as a god among men or are as man fighting amongst gods. Personally, I always liked the Donald Blake persona, but others feel it's long since served its purpose.

But in a lot of cases, the best Thor stories aren't even the ones with the best feats contrary to what some people may mistakenly think.

I see what you mean.

Yeah, tbh I always liked the Donald Blake aspect of the character. I don't know why, but I always tended to prefer Thor stories when he had the Blake thing going on.

Spire
....For instance, while stopping bank robberies and catching a falling Lois is Superman's bread and butter...

But then they would complain that Superman shouldn't be that fast... or he should have moved faster... or he would have broken Lois's back moving at that speed... or he should have rescued Lois and rescued stopped the crime first... or he should have rescued Lois first... or why did the robbery take place under considering his super senses... or whatever...

-Pr-
But then they would complain that Superman shouldn't be that fast... or he should have moved faster... or he would have broken Lois's back moving at that speed... or he should have rescued Lois and rescued stopped the crime first... or he should have rescued Lois first... or why did the robbery take place under considering his super senses... or whatever...

Who the hell would complain about that?

JakeTheBank
I see what you mean.

Yeah, tbh I always liked the Donald Blake aspect of the character. I don't know why, but I always tended to prefer Thor stories when he had the Blake thing going on.

JMS was able to write Blake and Thor as two separate but still intriguing entities that had their own distinct plot points in addition to their conjoined one. Honestly, I felt JMS had one of the best Thor runs of all time because of that reason.

Spire
Thor fans.

-Pr-
JMS was able to write Blake and Thor as two separate but still intriguing entities that had their own distinct plot points in addition to their conjoined one. Honestly, I felt JMS had one of the best Thor runs of all time because of that reason.

JMS' run on Thor is one of maybe 3-4 Thor solo runs I've read, and I have to admit I really liked it. That was part of the reason I was so excited when he jumped ship to go write Superman.

Except, yeah...

JakeTheBank
Thor fans.

I'm a Thor fan and I wouldn't complain about stupid shit like that.

-Pr-
Thor fans.

laughing out loud

Spire
I'm a Thor fan and I wouldn't complain about stupid shit like that.

Thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious.

Oh well.

Igniz

To be honest, If I was a Thor writer, I'd probably make Thor face a villain from a not so well known Pantheon of Gods.Then have Thor get his "behind" kicked by said villain in a bad ass kinda way big grin Then in round 2, I'd have Thor figure out how to beat said villain cool

-Pr-
Originally posted by Igniz
To be honest, If I was a Thor writer, I'd probably make Thor face a villain from a not so well known Pantheon of Gods.Then have Thor get his "behind" kicked by said villain in a bad ass kinda way big grin Then in round 2, I'd have Thor figure out how to beat said villain cool

If I wrote Thor, the only time he'd been on Earth is for the romance part of the story with Jane Foster.

Everything else would either be in space, or another realm.

If it was the Avengers, then obviously he'd be on Earth.

psycho gundam

Oh well. nice try

JakeTheBank

Oh well.

Didn't come off as sarcasm to me, but okay. thumb up

psycho gundam
good job, jake. don't let him pass off his emotional frailties onto you thumb up

also, retaliate

abhilegend
No, no. This is how.

Narrator: ..... ... ...... LIKE A WARRIOR BORN! ... .......
Thor fan: Whoa! Cool!

Narrator: ...... SON OF ODIN .... ....... GODLY... ....
Thor fan: Holy crap! This is awesome!

Narrator: ..... MYSTIC MALLET.. ... .... .... ASGARDIAN ....
Thor fan: OMG, this is the greatest!
Thor fan: *begins masturbating*
laughing out loud

Igniz
If I wrote Thor, the only time he'd been on Earth is for the romance part of the story with Jane Foster.

Everything else would either be in space, or another realm.

If it was the Avengers, then obviously he'd be on Earth.

thumb up

That was in my mind to be honest.

As for Superman.I'd introduce more cosmic villains that would kick his behind as well.Then I'll have him win in a plot device kinda way.

-Pr-
lol why

cdtm

I agree a strong grasp of mythology is pretty important, but look at Simonson: He turned made a story about Thor and frogs seem epic. Simonson's run probably would have been as much of a success as it was, even if his mythology was entirely inaccurate, because of his strong characterization...

Seems to me, a lot of writers simply don't know how to make Thor more than a one dimensional blowhard with a big hammer who loves to show off. Orion suffered from the same problem in DC.

JakeTheBank
Pretty much. And really, a lot of that seems to do with the fact of how Movie Thor was portrayed, which made sense considering that portrayal of Thor hadn't learned humility yet. I really felt that Fraction regressed Thor into a rowdy, boisterous brute to coincide with how the general public received Thor in his solo film and other writers followed suit. Before Fraction got on the title, Thor was generally far more laid back and nowhere near as aggro.

-Pr-
Kind of sad how the movie showed Thor's development from an impetuous boy to a wise and strong prince, but the comics...

Spire
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nice try

Nice try at... what?

Think carefully now.

JakeTheBank
Kind of sad how the movie showed Thor's development from an impetuous boy to a wise and strong prince, but the comics...

Yeah, you're telling me.

All the development was basically tossed aside to make him more accessible to "casuals". On the other hand, Loki went through a shit load of development, so that was nice.

Aaron and Remender seem to be focusing on his Viking heritage, but also are portraying a stark difference between current Thor and young Thor, which is good.

-Pr-
Yeah, you're telling me.

All the development was basically tossed aside to make him more accessible to "casuals". On the other hand, Loki went through a shit load of development, so that was nice.

Aaron and Remender seem to be focusing on his Viking heritage, but also are portraying a stark difference between current Thor and young Thor, which is good.

I need to catch up on the current series, sadly.

I actually really liked the movie; going by this board I'm probably one of it's biggest fans. I thought it was a great superhero movie, and gave Thor a lot of respect.

JakeTheBank
I need to catch up on the current series, sadly.

I actually really liked the movie; going by this board I'm probably one of it's biggest fans. I thought it was a great superhero movie, and gave Thor a lot of respect.

Current series is pretty cool. Thor's dealing with this god serial killer and is teaming up with his past and future selves to save all of creation.

Yeah, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Asgard had a real almost Kirby-ish vibe to it, which is my favorite portrayal of the realm. I always felt that, yeah, it should invoke some Norse/viking vibes, but should be more cosmic and sci-fi-y than anything. My only real complaint about it was how the Destroyer got roflstomped by Thor, but I can deal with it.

Igniz
lol why

Well the formula in the Hero/Villain battle has always been the Villain being the more powerful bad ass that will beat the Hero.And then the Hero will bounce back in round 2.Some of the complain that I heard against Superman, was that Doomsday,Darkseid, and Grundy(I don't even know if he truly counts) are the only ones that give Superman a challenge or so.If Lex is the main baddie in a story, you might end up admiring him instead of Superman.Since Lex is more of an intelligence guy.He doesn't have any super powers.I know about Helspont(Can't spell his name right) and He'l are the baddies he contends in DCNU.It wouldn't hurt to add more diabolical and powerful baddies for him to contend with.

-Pr-
Current series is pretty cool. Thor's dealing with this god serial killer and is teaming up with his past and future selves to save all of creation.

Yeah, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Asgard had a real almost Kirby-ish vibe to it, which is my favorite portrayal of the realm. I always felt that, yeah, it should invoke some Norse/viking vibes, but should be more cosmic and sci-fi-y than anything. My only real complaint about it was how the Destroyer got roflstomped by Thor, but I can deal with it.

Yeah, I read the first issue, but haven't gotten any further than that. I keep meaning to.

I thought the same thing when he fought him, but then the more I thought about it, the more I felt like it was necessary to show just how special Thor was, and how important he was to Asgard. That kind of "Thor's so awesome that only he could do something like this".

To show Asgard really needed him to be a good heir.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I read the first issue, but haven't gotten any further than that. I keep meaning to.

I thought the same thing when he fought him, but then the more I thought about it, the more I felt like it was necessary to show just how special Thor was, and how important he was to Asgard. That kind of "Thor's so awesome that only he could do something like this".

To show Asgard really needed him to be a good heir.

I think you'll like it. It's not as...I guess, regal as JMS' Thor was, but it's well written. A darker tone than most Thor stories, imo.

Yeah, it made Thor look like a boss making it eat its own disintegration beam. The sequel looks pretty awesome as well.

-Pr-
I think you'll like it. It's not as...I guess, regal as JMS' Thor was, but it's well written. A darker tone than most Thor stories, imo.

Yeah, it made Thor look like a boss making it eat its own disintegration beam. The sequel looks pretty awesome as well.

Cool.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope they develop the relationship between Foster and Thor more. When I heard that Portman didn't actually want to do the movie, I got worried.

JakeTheBank
Cool.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope they develop the relationship between Foster and Thor more. When I heard that Portman didn't actually want to do the movie, I got worried.

She was pulling for that one director, iirc. I can't remember her name at the moment, but she was reportedly pretty disappointed she wasn't the final pick. Still, the movie seems pretty cool and it'll be the biggest Marvel movie in terms of scale to date.

-Pr-
She was pulling for that one director, iirc. I can't remember her name at the moment, but she was reportedly pretty disappointed she wasn't the final pick. Still, the movie seems pretty cool and it'll be the biggest Marvel movie in terms of scale to date.

It will? How-so? Budgetary? Or something else?

JakeTheBank
It will? How-so? Budgetary? Or something else?

In terms of story telling and the impact it will have in the MCU.

All the other movies have been restricted to a single city or have spanned across a couple, but this one will span across the various realms. The only movies that could be bigger in that sense would probably be Guardians of the Galaxy and then Avengers II.

-Pr-
In terms of story telling and the impact it will have in the MCU.

All the other movies have been restricted to a single city or have spanned across a couple, but this one will span across the various realms. The only movies that could be bigger in that sense would probably be Guardians of the Galaxy and then Avengers II.

Oh that. Yeah. I just hope that the movies keep their continuity as strong as possible and don't just gloss over shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.