Kal El vs Zod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
When Zod comes to earth would he not be weaker then superman since Kal El has been on earth for 30 years or so soaking up solar rays. I know the yellow sun grants instant powers to all of them.
But who is stronger?

JakeTheBank
Superman's stronger and has had a life time utilizing his powers as opposed to Zod. Zod's a superior military strategist though.

Supra
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman's stronger and has had a life time utilizing his powers as opposed to Zod. Zod's a superior military strategist though.

My thoughts exactly. Its going to be cool to see them show up on earth, I wonder is they know they will be like gods on earth before they do or they just realize it.

MF DELPH
Yeah, Kal El is stronger with more sunlight reserves. However, if they had equal energy reserves I think Zod, with his training, would probably be stronger.

A caveat would be this is assuming that Kal El is a typical Kryptonian and not a Rao descended demi-god.

Supra
Originally posted by MF DELPH

A caveat would be this is assuming that Kal El is a typical Kryptonian and not a Rao descended demi-god.

Interesting

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Yeah, Kal El is stronger with more sunlight reserves. However, if they had equal energy reserves I think Zod, with his training, would probably be stronger.

As far as I know, the whole demi-god descendant of Rao thing wasn't really picked up on or further hinted at outside of the whole Cythonna storyline and a few others. Most recently (at least pre-new 52) Superman was portrayed as being a much more experienced Kryptonian, but not extraordinarily special compared to the rest of his race in the World of New Krypton/World Without a Superman storyline.

carver9
Depends on which Zod you are using for this thread. Russian Zod is stronger than your average Superman imo.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Supra
Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by being a Rao descended demi god?

In Kryptonian theology, Rao is the name of their creator god (which is what the red sun of Krypton is named after). According to one story in particular, Cythonna, who is an ancient Kryptonian goddess with ice powers, remarks that Kal-El bears a striking resemblance to Rao himself, who was the one who banished her in the first place. As such it's been implied that the House of El are direct descendants of Rao himself and therefore provides a reasoning of sorts as to why Superman is incredible even by Kryptonian standards.

That said, I'm unsure if this has been touched upon more regularly. I don't recall many instances of this being stated or alluded to in more recent comics, but I could have missed something.

Galan007
@Supra

Per Kryptonian lore, Rao is the creator of the entire universe-- essentially, their personification of God. Kal-El is a descendant of Rao, and as such, was stated/shown to be gifted with more power than your average Kryptonian(solar powered or not) in older continuity.

But like Jake said: Supes appeared relatively equal to the Kryptonian masses during the much more recent New Krypton arc, so I don't know if the 'Rao-amp' is still taken into consideration by the writers. /shrug

Supra
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
In Kryptonian theology, Rao is the name of their creator god (which is what the red sun of Krypton is named after). According to one story in particular, Cythonna, who is an ancient Kryptonian goddess with ice powers, remarks that Kal-El bears a striking resemblance to Rao himself, who was the one who banished her in the first place. As such it's been implied that the House of El are direct descendants of Rao himself and therefore provides a reasoning of sorts as to why Superman is incredible even by Kryptonian standards.

That said, I'm unsure if this has been touched upon more regularly. I don't recall many instances of this being stated or alluded to in more recent comics, but I could have missed something.

Damn thats sweet!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.