Thanos in the Destroyer Armor vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin can't reclaim the destroyer or throw Thanos out of it... He needs to physically beat hm in it. Does he?

carver9
Good to see ya back Kurupt...now I can bump a thread that we have unfinished business in. By the way, Thanos wins.

Supra
The purple guy wins.

JakeTheBank
Odin.

Even if he's barred from taking Thanos' soul out of the armor, he's still powerful enough to destroy the armor.

the Darkone
Odin wins, he can stop time like he did against Loki and remove him Thanos. Odin still can absorb all of Asgard and rage stomp Thanos, Odin still has options.

Supra
Isnt Thanos cursed with immortality?

JakeTheBank
He is, but he can still be knocked out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Odin.

Even if he's barred from taking Thanos' soul out of the armor, he's still powerful enough to destroy the armor.

Is the reverse true of Thanos.. Is he able to destroy odin in the destroyer?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by carver9
Good to see ya back Kurupt...now I can bump a thread that we have unfinished business in. By the way, Thanos wins.

How are you big Carver.. Bump any thread you think we have unfinished business in.. but as I recall.. the unfinished business usually means you got backed into a corner but stil wouldn't quit lol

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Is the reverse true of Thanos.. Is he able to destroy odin in the destroyer?

I wouldn't put Thanos' power output in the same league as Odin, no.

Branlor Swift
http://i39.tinypic.com/308f95l.jpg

yaadaveyaa
i think its safe to say odin wins the majority hes much stronger then thanos is in general he could def take him down in the armor or not

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What's he referring to? The Destroyer?

Branlor Swift
Yes

Supra
He is, but he can still be knocked out.

What would Odin have up his sleeve to take out Thanos in the destroyer?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Supra
What would Odin have up his sleeve to take out Thanos in the destroyer?

Intense energy projection.

To me, if King Thor with the Odin Force and Mjolnir could one shot demolish the Armor, then Odin himself under his own power would fare at least as well.

KuRuPT Thanosi
but don't you think there is a difference between Thanos in the armor and durok>

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
but don't you think there is a difference between Thanos in the armor and durok>

Thanos isn't explicitly immune to godly energies nor absorbs them like Desak was, who was physically merged with the armor. And the Odin Force was able to, in the end, stop him.

In this case, I'm assuming Thanos' spirit/soul is animating it, in which case the armor would still ultimately fall before Odin.

zopzop
Yes
Phuckin' fail. Fear Itself was the biggest PoS event in Marvel history, dwarfing even Chaos War. sick

Supra
Well cool, we finally have a scenario where Thanos loses!

the Darkone
Originally posted by zopzop
Phuckin' fail. Fear Itself was the biggest PoS event in Marvel history, dwarfing even Chaos War. sick

Nope Age of Ultron is winning that battle as we speak!!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin imo.

Man, everyone and their mother was afraid of the Serpent. I don't remember the last time a character got that much lip service.

I remember like all the Hell Lords in Marvel trying to come up with a way to defeat him, it was crazy. Surfer came back to Earth because he sensed a power great enough to overcome even the Power Cosmic. Loki had to freaking use Twilight's shadow to retcon a moment of weakness to give Thor his chance.

But the final battle was so goddamn anti-climactic (Typical Fraction) and Odin owned him so badly in the past. Does his armor and sword really make so much of a difference?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin imo.

Man, everyone and their mother was afraid of the Serpent. I don't remember the last time a character got that much lip service.

I remember like all the Hell Lords in Marvel trying to come up with a way to defeat him, it was crazy. Surfer came back to Earth because he sensed a power great enough to overcome even the Power Cosmic. Loki had to freaking use Twilight's shadow to retcon a moment of weakness to give Thor his chance.

But the final battle was so goddamn anti-climactic (Typical Fraction) and Odin owned him so badly in the past. Does his armor and sword really make so much of a difference? He's pretty much only lip service and breaking Cap's shield...

But yeah, his hype was crazy, actually, I think his hype was purely Gillen.

The funny thing is that the Odin Sword isn't even the original one, and was just a random sword with no feats that happens to be called the "Odin Sword". And the armor seemed like it was more for mental protection, since The Serpent never even touched Odin...
Of course the protection, but for how much? Meh.

Silent Master
Odin wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
He's pretty much only lip service and breaking Cap's shield...

But yeah, his hype was crazy, actually, I think his hype was purely Gillen.

The funny thing is that the Odin Sword isn't even the original one, and was just a random sword with no feats that happens to be called the "Odin Sword"

I only read that crappy event once, but wasn't Odin shitting his pants over him as well? Odin went to the extreme of slaughtering an entire planet and wiping all memory of the Serpent from the Nine Worlds. Even resorted to trap him because he couldn't kill him (Their was a lot of complicated prophecy stuff, and Thor would be Odin's sacrifice etc.). I thought the Serpent would at least be far more powerful than Odin.

I assumed it was the Odin Sword. I know it wouldn't make sense but the entire nature of one of their main plot points is that Gods have stories that are in constant flux yet all true. Basically his -and Gillen's- way of excusing all the conflicting continuity.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I only read that crappy event once, but wasn't Odin shitting his pants over him as well? Odin went to the extreme of slaughtering an entire planet and wiping all memory of the Serpent from the Nine Worlds. Even resorted to trap him because he couldn't kill him (Their was a lot of complicated prophecy stuff, and Thor would be Odin's sacrifice etc.). I thought the Serpent would at least be far more powerful than Odin.

I assumed it was the Odin Sword. I know it wouldn't make sense but the entire nature of one of their main plot points is that Gods have stories that are in constant flux yet all true. Basically his -and Gillen's- way of excusing all the conflicting continuity. Yeah. Although that whole slaughtering thing iirc was so his influence wouldn't spread.
He still seemed like he was scurred of the Serpent.
And then Odin smacks his ass without being fused with his other brothers... Fraction must have been sitting there thinking "How can I retroactively Zop this entire event?" And then it hit him

Has the big universe ending Odin Sword been seen since Arishem?
It would have been some rando sword if it wasn't the big guy. Probably the same one he used to beat up Thor when he had the Destroyer armor on.

h1a8
IMO
Destroyer>Odin

The feats against durable shit convinces me

Silent Master
That settles it, Odin wins.

DarkOdin
Yeah. Although that whole slaughtering thing iirc was so his influence wouldn't spread.
He still seemed like he was scurred of the Serpent.
And then Odin smacks his ass without being fused with his other brothers... Fraction must have been sitting there thinking "How can I retroactively Zop this entire event?" And then it hit him

Has the big universe ending Odin Sword been seen since Arishem?
It would have been some rando sword if it wasn't the big guy. Probably the same one he used to beat up Thor when he had the Destroyer armor on. The last time the Gaint odinsword was scene Thor "as a blood giant" used it to break the world tree during the 2nd or 3rd issue on Odin's return

TheHulk
Thanos with Destroyer wins 6/10

Of course without Destroyer...he gets beat hard

dynamix
Originally posted by Silent Master
That settles it, Odin wins.

lmao!! thats so messed up!

h1a8
If Odin can beat Destroyer easily then wtf is the purpose of the Destroyer?

IMO, Destroyer should beat average Odin.

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. That's how stupid the current "writers" at Marvel are, they can't even grasp something this simple.

JakeTheBank

IMO, Destroyer should beat average Odin.

...what?

The Destroyer was intended to fight Celestials, but not under its own power. Odin needed the power of all of Asgard to do so, and even then, it wasn't enough.

"Average" Odin would be able to shut down the Destroyer because he created it, not unlike how Odin is beyond Mjolnir. It would be beyond stupid if Odin made a weapon he couldn't stop if it ever fell into the wrong hands.

Branlor Swift
The Destroyer was meant for Odin to don it for one purpose. It's the ultimate weapon because Odin is supposed to use it with his powers, and The Odin Sword

Its static power level was never said to be above Odin. It's malleable in his hands, not some joe blowjob's hands

h1a8
...what?

The Destroyer was intended to fight Celestials, but not under its own power. Odin needed the power of all of Asgard to do so, and even then, it wasn't enough.

"Average" Odin would be able to shut down the Destroyer because he created it, not unlike how Odin is beyond Mjolnir. It would be beyond stupid if Odin made a weapon he couldn't stop if it ever fell into the wrong hands. I'm referring to a straight fight. Of course Odin can shut Destroyer down. But that's irrelevant.

JakeTheBank
I'm referring to a straight fight. Of course Odin can shut Destroyer down. But that's irrelevant.

In a straight fight, he could destroy it or damage it significantly.

As Bran said, the Destroyer on its own or even with a host was never intended to be equal to Odin, let alone more powerful than him. It's the armor coupled with Odin's own power in addition to the Odin Sword that ultimately makes it so powerful.

h1a8
In a straight fight, he could destroy it or damage it significantly.

As Bran said, the Destroyer on its own or even with a host was never intended to be equal to Odin, let alone more powerful than him. It's the armor coupled with Odin's own power in addition to the Odin Sword that ultimately makes it so powerful.

I disagree. I think Destroyer is just as durable as Mangog (or close) but with higher power output and strength.

Odin probably can damage it but IMO not significant enough before succumbing to it's power. It would be a good fight but I think Odin would lose in a straight fight (even with joe blow animating it). Remember Destroyer just doesn't have Odin's power but a portion of all the skyfather's power from each pantheon.

I disagree with Bran since the Destroyer is also used to guard Asgard from threats and not just be donned by Odin to fight the Celestials. That's its main purpose after the Celestial event.

zopzop
Uhm, wasn't there a scan on these very forums of the Destroyer draining power from every pantheon in existence (INCLUDING Otherworld)?

Lord Feron
Odin.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Uhm, wasn't there a scan on these very forums of the Destroyer draining power from every pantheon in existence (INCLUDING Otherworld)?

Yes, which was accomplished through prep.

Doesn't mean the Destroyer Armor is beyond Odin's means to stop.

the Darkone
If King Thor can destroyed a fuse Destroyer with Desak why cant Odin!? This low balling of Odin is ridiculous, Odin is more powerful and can remove the enchantment that powers the armor, Odin would rage stomp the armor if so chose to if it fell into the wrong hands.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
If King Thor can destroyed a fuse Destroyer with Desak why cant Odin!? This low balling of Odin is ridiculous, Odin is more powerful and can remove the enchantment that powers the armor, Odin would rage stomp the armor if so chose to if it fell into the wrong hands.

KT with Mjolnir >>>>>Odin
We know that Odin can win by shutting down Destroyer. We are arguing Odin against a straight fight. Haven't you been reading?

JakeTheBank
KT>>>>>Odin
We know that Odin can win by shutting down Destroyer. We are arguing Odin against a straight fight. Haven't you been reading?

That is not true.

King Thor didn't have the finesse, the experience, or even the raw power Odin did. King Thor couldn't lift Mjolnir with his bare hands and had to rely on the Odin Force to levitate it originally. If he was truly greater than Odin, he would have no sold the enchantment or simply overpowered it instead of having to become worthy again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.