Hal Jordan & Thor vs Silver Surfer & Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BeyondPower
?

pym-ftw
Team 2 imho

Hal is farther from Superman than Surfer is from Thor

-Pr-
Team 2. As good as Hal is, either man on team 2 is likely to beat him quicker than Thor is to beat the other.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by -Pr-
Team 2. As good as Hal is, either man on team 2 is likely to beat him quicker than Thor is to beat the other. Well said

Spire
I imagine the first to double team wins.

If Thor fights SS I think he would beat him faster than Superman would beat Hal.

Placidity
Surfer amps Superman.

JakeTheBank
He'd have his hands full with either Hal or Thor before he'd even have time to think about amping Superman assuming the thought ever crossed his mind.

Spire
Cosmic awareness.

JakeTheBank
Even with cosmic awareness, it's unlikely Surfer would amp an unknown ally in the form of Superman, let alone to levels where it would make a difference. It's just as unlikely Surfer's cosmic awareness would cause him to start de-buffing Superman if the two were to fight each other as well.

And even if he did decide on buffing Superman, it's not like either Hal or Thor would give him the opportunity to do so.

-Pr-
I wonder who the first person was to bring up the "Surfer amps Superman" nonsense was.

Spire
Lol @ Jake.

JakeTheBank
No clue, but it's been popping up in more threads where the two are allies. If they had some rapport with one another, I could see it feasibly happening, but even with cosmic awareness, it just strikes me as out of character.

Placidity
Superman amps Surfer.

-Pr-
In a team up comic I could see it happening no problem. In an out of the blue fight, not so much.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Spire
Lol @ Jake.

?

DTM
Team 2, Hal as strong as he is is the weak link here.

Odekahn
I think Hal and surfer vs supes and Thor would have been better.

pym-ftw
How?

Digi
Originally posted by Placidity
Surfer amps Superman.
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wonder who the first person was to bring up the "Surfer amps Superman" nonsense was.

If we allow that (though apparently it's nonsense?), let's also allow Hal to make Thor a ring and funnel energy into Mjolnir for Thor to blast x100 at Team 2. I like T1's chances.

Philosophía
The double-standards of Surfer making kryptonite/red sun radiation mid-fight against Superman, but not blasting him with yellow sun radiation when they're teammates is just..

http://media.tumblr.com/93aa80b795eab73e4691e2320b601436/tumblr_inline_mh8riqoD5E1qz4rgp.gif

JakeTheBank

armedforbattle
It seems people are really low balling Hal.
He is arguably the 2nd best herald in DC, he can hang with anyone here.

MF DELPH
Forum rules allow for basic knowledge of combatants (common knowledge of the character's homeworld). In the DCU, and on DC Earth in particular, it's common knowledge that Superman (and all Kryptonians) receive their power by sunlight, and are depowered by kryptonite and red sunlight. Superman's in universe character history has that information being published in the Daily Planet, as well as the U.S. government, Star Labs, and several other organizations knowing about it because of Superman's relationship with the planet's governments. So tactics involving Superman's power source, either amping or negating, are fair game per rule because that knowledge is public per DC canon history.

Taking that into account, yeah, I could see Surfer super-charging Supes on sunlight. I could also see Hal blasting Mjolnir to amplify the blast (though Mjolnir's abilities aren't as well known on Marvel Earth as Superman's history and Kryptonian lineage are on DC Earth).

I think Team 2 wins, personally. If Superman goes after Hal I think Surfer can hold his own or beat Thor in time for Superman to join him, and I also think Surfer would beat Hal. If the teams don't pair off and fight solo and work in conjunction together instead the odds of a split increase because Thor and Hal together could pull off some pretty miraculous effects with their powers.

-Pr-

Team Surfer wins.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That threat he made against Gladiator gets far too much credit, imo.

I always thought the idea of Surfer draining Supes came from Surfer draining Hulk off his Gamma radiation one time.

Anyway it would be a lot harder to do it to Supes as Surfer may have to turn the Sun Red on top to have the same effect it had on Classic Hulk.

I would prefer people arguing how Supes handles Sufer's full on blasts. And how Surfer handles Supes full on punches.

And I would prefer this fight not be reduced to a stomp by a Surfer enhanced Superman.

Mindship
No one messes with the S's.

I try to be fair with my favorite characters. But when threads put them on the same side...fuhgedaboudit.

T2 ftw.

janus77
SurferMan FTW.

Speedblitz with board, fists and blasts.

ODG
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I always thought the idea of Surfer draining Supes came from Surfer draining Hulk off his Gamma radiation one time.

Anyway it would be a lot harder to do it to Supes as Surfer may have to turn the Sun Red on top to have the same effect it had on Classic Hulk.

I would prefer people arguing how Supes handles Sufer's full on blasts. And how Surfer handles Supes full on punches.

And I would prefer this fight not be reduced to a stomp by a Surfer enhanced Superman. Surfer's tried to drain Hulk's gamma radiation in every single fight they've had, except the one where he was mind-controlled by the Red King's slave discs. In fact, Surfer drained Hulk twice in one encounter.

thumb up power drain is a solid surfer strategy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.