Team Thanos vs High Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tornatic
Thanos
Ultron
Onslaught
Apocalypse
vs

Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Sentry
Blue Marvel
Doctor Strange
Quasar
Black Adam
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Hulk
Orion
Dr. Doom
Wonder Man
Nova Prime
Martian Manhunter
Loki
Ronan
Magneto
X-Man
Flash
Namor
Hercules
Fantastic Four

No prep.
No bfr
Does team of heralds have any chance against thanos team? If no chance who would you add?

carver9
UUUUMMMM, the big team stomps.

Tornatic
Originally posted by carver9

Really? I remember it took FF, Avengers, and X-men just to fight Onslaught. Of course a lot of them aren't high heralds.

carver9
And Hulk ripped his armor apart with a single punch (and you have him on the team). This doesn't include Doom, Black Adam, Superman, Orion along with all of the other powerful members on this team.

Tornatic
And Hulk ripped his armor apart with a single punch (and you have him on the team).

Lol I remember that but it took jean grey taking bruce banner out of the equation turning him into mindless hulk which is much stronger than the standard savage hulk. Also that's just Onslaught with the other members on team it'd be hard for hulk to repeat that feat amongst all the chaos imo.

carver9
Which Ulton is this?

yaadaveyaa
id be leaning toward thanos's team that is a lot of power and without pis/cis in the onslaught arc none of that happens hes gonna b a ***** to try and take out not to mention thanos and then ultron can read off any weakness in the team id say 6/10 for small team

Tornatic
Which Ulton is this?

The Ultron with pure adamatium. I think it was the one after ultron 13.

Sin I AM
And Hulk ripped his armor apart with a single punch (and you have him on the team). This doesn't include Doom, Black Adam, Superman, Orion along with all of the other powerful members on this team.

LIES

carver9
Is this Pre Reboot versions of DC team? Is this Indestructible Hulk? I'm still giving it to the Heralds...that's too much power. Onslaught is the only one on that team that is making me think otherwise.

Tornatic
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
id be leaning toward thanos's team that is a lot of power and without pis/cis in the onslaught arc none of that happens hes gonna b a ***** to try and take out not to mention thanos and then ultron can read off any weakness in the team id say 6/10 for small team

Yeah this would be an epic battle to see. With no prep time it makes it much harder for herald team. With prep time I'm sure Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Doom could come up with something. Not sure it would help.

SamZED

Tornatic
Is this Pre Reboot versions of DC team? Is this Indestructible Hulk? I'm still giving it to the Heralds...that's too much power. Onslaught is the only one on that team that is making me think otherwise.

I was thinking Savage Hulk but it can be WWH. WBH is above high herald level. The strongest standard versions of DC members.

TheHulk
Lol Big team wins 8.5/10

TheHulk
id be leaning toward thanos's team that is a lot of power and without pis/cis in the onslaught arc none of that happens hes gonna b a ***** to try and take out not to mention thanos and then ultron can read off any weakness in the team id say 6/10 for small team Have ever considered the side of the herald team? Almost all high end powerful heralds are in that team -.-

yaadaveyaa
with prep i think in forum battles and comics reed and doom with prep are gonna beat just about everything lol idk if this would be the case if they only got like a day bcuz they have 4 extremely tough threats to deal with ehre

juggerman
Big team

Tornatic
Originally posted by TheHulk
Have ever considered the side of the herald team? Almost all high end powerful heralds are in that team -.-

Do you think it would be close or is this spite? I put a bunch of heralds up against Thanos team cause I felt just of one of those four is hard for a few heralds let alone all four blasting away.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think people realize how many of these guys would get one shot or two shot by Thanos and Onslaught

Tornatic
One of the questions I think would be who could break through who's shields first cause I know members on both teams will shield themselves. Also durability. How much damage can one take before they go down? High damage soak for alot of the heralds but the attack coming at them from Thanos team would be brutal.

Tornatic
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think people realize how many of these guys would get one shot or two shot by Thanos and Onslaught

Yeah that's what i was considering when I made herald team. How much damage can a lot of them withstand and what kind of attacks would be effective against Thanos team?

yaadaveyaa
Have ever considered the side of the herald team? Almost all high end powerful heralds are in that team -.-

oh i have and take into effect ultron picks out weaknesses in everyone thanos is unkillable extreme powerful onslaught is skyfather lvl especially if were using his powerset when he absorbs franky hes able to take on all of them by himself just about if it wasnt for pis/cis he rules the world he fought the x men f4 avengers all of em and it took jean removing bruce from hulk to get him to break thru the armor iirc and just to add insult to injury hey here comes apoc (which if he gets his horsemen on top of that that'd b real trouble) but just apoc is gonna b another immortal ya cant kill i think small team wins a majority 6/10 7 of 10 max

janus77
Thanos
Ultron
Onslaught
Apocalypse
Heralds for the stomping win.

While Hulk pounds Thanos and Surfer makes playdoh out of Apocalypse, Doom installs Windows 8 on Ultron.

The rest of the team are busy fighting/distracting Onslaught.

Once Surfer and Hulk win, Hulk punches Onslaught's face off and Surfer takes the energies and shoves them into the negative zone.

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
Thanos
Ultron
Onslaught
Apocalypse

While Hulk pounds Thanos and Surfer makes playdoh out of Apocalypse, Doom installs Windows 8 on Ultron.

Once Surfer and Hulk win, Hulk punches Onslaught's face off and Surfer takes the energies and shoves them into the negative zone.

Could see this happening.

heralds

Uriel005
umm... Dr. Doom + FF4 + characters capable of spontaneously generating matter and reading minds.... Lets see what Reed and Doom direct the other feebs to do to instakill....

yaadaveyaa
Thanos
Ultron
Onslaught
Apocalypse

and all the while thanos ultron onslaught and apoc just stand there and do nothing yup ur right .... thumb down

Tornatic
oh i have and take into effect ultron picks out weaknesses in everyone thanos is unkillable extreme powerful onslaught is skyfather lvl especially if were using his powerset when he absorbs franky hes able to take on all of them by himself just about if it wasnt for pis/cis he rules the world he fought the x men f4 avengers all of em and it took jean removing bruce from hulk to get him to break thru the armor iirc and just to add insult to injury hey here comes apoc (which if he gets his horsemen on top of that that'd b real trouble) but just apoc is gonna b another immortal ya cant kill i think small team wins a majority 6/10 7 of 10 max I agree. PIS and CIS off for this fight.

Sin I AM
Thanos
Ultron
Onslaught
Apocalypse

lol no, no way is Hulk handling thanos...and most of the herald team is fodder...people seriously over-rate some chracters

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol no, no way is Hulk handling thanos...and most of the herald team is fodder...people seriously over-rate some chracters

thumb up

MF DELPH
Which Onslaught is this? The Magneto + Professor X version or the Magneto + Professor X + X-Man + Franklin Richards "creating suns in Manhattan" version? If it's the latter I'm tempted to lean towards Team Thanos. The heralds have a LOT of resources though. I can see them forcing a split.

-Pr-
lowballing of Onslaught and rampant Hulk-wankage aside, Onslaught is still the deciding factor in this fight, because the level he's at will dictate which way this goes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again many on the heralds team will be one shot by onslaught and Thanos.... That will seriously shrink the numbers on the herald team. It's a good fight... but let's not act like the whole team will sstill be standing once the fight is a little underway.. they won't.. they'll be flat on the ground KO'd

Uriel005
Again many on the heralds team will be one shot by onslaught and Thanos.... That will seriously shrink the numbers on the herald team. It's a good fight... but let's not act like the whole team will sstill be standing once the fight is a little underway.. they won't.. they'll be flat on the ground KO'd Silver Surfer Telepathy+Matter Manip + Doom's Mind +Reed's mind= PIS cannons everywhere.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What good are their minds with no prep though... if they are just thrown on the battlefield and either don't get their shielding up or behind shields.. their one shot or dead.

Uriel005
What good are their minds with no prep though... if they are just thrown on the battlefield and either don't get their shielding up or behind shields.. their one shot or dead. how about any of the devices Reed and Doom have come up with in the past that are general all purpose weapons to deal with far greater threats.... Galactus, Celestials, Pre-Ret beyonder etc. etc.

Tornatic
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Which Onslaught is this? The Magneto + Professor X version or the Magneto + Professor X + X-Man + Franklin Richards "creating suns in Manhattan" version? If it's the latter I'm tempted to lean towards Team Thanos. The heralds have a LOT of resources though. I can see them forcing a split. The Magneto + Professor x version that fought the FF, Avengers, X-Men, don't know too much about other version.

Tornatic
Thanos
Ultron
Onslaught
Apocalypse

Once Surfer and Hulk win, Hulk punches Onslaught's face off and Surfer takes the energies and shoves them into the negative zone. Lol Thanos would shrug off Hulk attack

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by -Pr-
lowballing of Onslaught and rampant Hulk-wankage aside, Onslaught is still the deciding factor in this fight, because the level he's at will dictate which way this goes.
He's no more of a deciding factor than Thanos is.

-Pr-
I disagree, depending on versions.

TheGodKiller
No. Objectively speaking, there is no version of Onslaught that would play more of a deciding role in this battle than Thanos.

-Pr-
I disagree. shrug

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
No. Objectively speaking, there is no version of Onslaught that would play more of a deciding role in this battle than Thanos.

if you think that your not thinking objectively

Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Sentry
Blue Marvel
Doctor Strange
Quasar
Black Adam
Hulk
Orion
Dr. Doom

these guys are resilient enough to last the first go round.....the rest get one shot

Green Lantern ....which gl?
Wonder Woman gets one shot
Wonder Man gets one shot
Nova Prime gets one shot
Martian Manhunter jobs
Loki gets one shot
Ronan gets one shot
Magneto gets one shot
X-Man gets one shot
Flash gets one shot
Namor gets one shot
Hercules gets one shot
Fantastic Four get one shot

and on top of everything else, everyone here is forgetting just how bad ass ultron is

Tony Stark
Bob solos

TheGodKiller
I disagree. shrug
K.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Bob solos
And you need to work on your trolling skills.

Tony Stark
K.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe... But, that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe... But, that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Your chances of being right are as good as Sin's chances of being a real girl. Which is to say: they aren't good at all.

JakeTheBank
I don't think either Onslaught or Thanos could one shot Wonder Woman or some of the others.

TheGodKiller
^An 8 or 9-shot then?

Damborgson

Well that's just not true. The Hulk hit Onslaught many, many times before the armor broke. Just because one punch is what shattered the armor doesn't mean the effects of his previous punches didn't stack.

TheGodKiller
^Plus Thor breaking through Onslaught's armor didn't require multiple shots.

Damborgson
^Plus Thor breaking through Onslaught's armor didn't require multiple shots.

Well, the first bit of damage done was by cyclops

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/78698/1663843-1581865_681123_bigopticblastdg4_super_super_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/78698/1663845-1348491_shatters_onslaught_s_armor_super_super.jpg

But Thor still tore that shit open with one rush

TheGodKiller
The hole initially was big enough for Xavier to peer through, such that only his head was visible through it. By the time Thor was done, it had grown to man-sizes proportions. It's perfectly justifiable to say that a significant, undamaged portion of the armor was shattered apart as well when Thor rammed into Onslaught.

Sin I AM
K.

surely u jest...maybe if you knew wtf you were talking about i'd take u seriously

as it is onslaught could one-shot half the herald team, as could thanos

-Pr-
What attack would Onslaught be using that would one shot multiple heralds? That EMP won't do it.

JakeTheBank
^An 8 or 9-shot then?

More reasonable by far. Plus that's assuming they tank the blows or don't block them or absorb them or dodge them or whatever kind of defenses they have.

TheGodKiller
surely u jest...maybe if you knew wtf you were talking about i'd take u seriously

as it is onslaught could one-shot half the herald team, as could thanos
Get back to me when you're clear on what it is you want to argue about.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
More reasonable by far. Plus that's assuming they tank the blows or don't block them or absorb them or dodge them or whatever kind of defenses they have.
It's far more unreasonable to assume that they wouldn't get KOed by a well-placed blow though.

You're trying too hard to make a case for a team, half of which is fodder next to Thanos alone, and the other half would eventually be taken down. Not to mention that Thanos' tp is enough to put most of them to sleep, with X-Man, Strange, Loki and Doom being the only possible exceptions.

Sin I AM
Get back to me when you're clear on what it is you want to argue about.

your original statement that i quoted, try and keep up

TheGodKiller
your original statement that i quoted, try and keep up
My original statement was questioning the position that Onslaught was the deciding factor or not in this fight. You then went on to write down a pointless wall of text detailing the "toughness" of a number of A-list heralds and how the rest of the team would get one-shotted.

So, get your house in order, get clear on what exactly it is that you want to discuss about, and then we can have a meaningful conversation. Until then, it's just a waste of time for me to embarrass you.

Tornatic
if you think that your not thinking objectively

Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Sentry
Blue Marvel
Doctor Strange
Quasar
Black Adam
Hulk
Orion
Dr. Doom

these guys are resilient enough to last the first go round.....the rest get one shot

Green Lantern ....which gl?
Wonder Woman gets one shot
Wonder Man gets one shot
Nova Prime gets one shot
Martian Manhunter jobs
Loki gets one shot
Ronan gets one shot
Magneto gets one shot
X-Man gets one shot
Flash gets one shot
Namor gets one shot
Hercules gets one shot
Fantastic Four get one shot

and on top of everything else, everyone here is forgetting just how bad ass ultron is The Green Lantern is Hal Jordan

JakeTheBank
It's far more unreasonable to assume that they wouldn't get KOed by a well-placed blow though.

You're trying too hard to make a case for a team, half of which is fodder next to Thanos alone, and the other half would eventually be taken down. Not to mention that Thanos' tp is enough to put most of them to sleep, with X-Man, Strange, Loki and Doom being the only possible exceptions.

I'm not even making a case for the team outside of saying that Wonder Woman specifically, and a few others, are simply tough enough not to be one shot by either Onslaught or Thanos.

Branlor Swift
Thanos and his lackeys all fire at the same time in the direction of the big cluster**** of frenemies at the start.

3/4s of the team goes down.

TheGodKiller
I'm not even making a case for the team outside of saying that Wonder Woman specifically, and a few others, are simply tough enough not to be one shot by either Onslaught or Thanos.
Fair enough. Although I'd like to know why you think such of Wonder Woman specifically. While she certainly has good durability showings, I doubt that puts her above the ballpark of character like Thor, Surfer, Superman etc.

Unless these guys are part of your "few others".

-Pr-
Her bracers.

JakeTheBank
Fair enough. Although I'd like to know why you think such of Wonder Woman specifically. While she certainly has good durability showings, I doubt that puts her above the ballpark of character like Thor, Surfer, Superman etc.

Unless these guys are part of your "few others".

Diana's bracers, for one, have a pretty good track record against ranged attacks of various types and magnitudes. If she's actively blocking or prepared to do so, which she is a vast majority of the time, she's going to have a good chance at stopping an attack. If we're talking explicit durability feats, she's endured energy attacks from Ares and Zeus.

And the others I was thinking of include Hal's GL shields, Magneto's shields, Hercules consistently portrayed as a peer at the least to Thor and Hulk, and some of Loki's higher end showings suggest he won't be one shot.

If they're caught off guard, obviously damage will be intense for some of these guys, but with active defenses, a good deal of them will survive the initial attack.

TheGodKiller
Her bracers.
Cliche.

-Pr-
Cliche.

confused

Tornatic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Thanos and his lackeys all fire at the same time in the direction of the big cluster**** of frenemies at the start.

3/4s of the team goes down. Lol I'm sure most of these heralds could evade first attack or some of them that have shields block it. Could be wrong though. Depends on how powerful and fast attack is.

TheGodKiller
Diana's bracers, for one, have a pretty good track record against ranged attacks of various types and magnitudes. If she's actively blocking or prepared to do so, which she is a vast majority of the time, she's going to have a good chance at stopping an attack. If we're talking explicit durability feats, she's endured energy attacks from Ares and Zeus.

Cliche.

And the others I was thinking of include Hal's GL shields, Magneto's shields, Hercules consistently portrayed as a peer at the least to Thor and Hulk, and some of Loki's higher end showings suggest he won't be one shot.

If they're caught off guard, obviously damage will be intense for some of these guys, but with active defenses, a good deal of them will survive the initial attack.
Hal's GL shields fluctuate, Onslaught can deal with Magneto's shields, Hercules isn't surviving a beating from Thanos, and some of Thanos' high end showings suggest he can kill Loki with a one-shot.

Maybe. Then again, maybe not.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Tornatic
The Magneto + Professor x version that fought the FF, Avengers, X-Men, don't know too much about other version.

The Onslaught that was battling all of the teams in Manhattan when Hulk broke through the armor is the Magneto/Professor X/X-Man/Franklin Richards version. Prior to that battle Onslaught had absorbed the two (X-Man/Franklin) and had them trapped inside his armor but they were eventually rescued and Onslaught retained the reality warping/telekinesis powers of both (hence creating the sun in Manhattan).

So yeah, if we're using final form Onslaught I'm leaning more towards Team Thanos.

Tornatic
Originally posted by MF DELPH
The Onslaught that was battling all of the teams in Manhattan when Hulk broke through the armor is the Magneto/Professor X/X-Man/Franklin Richards version. Prior to that battle Onslaught had absorbed the two (X-Man/Franklin) and had them trapped inside his armor but they were eventually rescued and Onslaught retained the reality warping/telekinesis powers of both (hence creating the sun in Manhattan).

So yeah, if we're using final form Onslaught I'm leaning more towards Team Thanos. Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. Yeah final form Onslaught

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Tornatic
Lol I'm sure most of these heralds could evade first attack or some of them that have shields block it. Could be wrong though. Depends on how powerful and fast attack is. A lot of them can't.
A lot of their shields aren't powerful enough to withstand one attack, let alone four.

A weaker Thanos, and Warlock shattered Quasar's shield when like 30 Earthers (Hulk, Thor, Herc included) couldn't touch it. How many people have shields on that level?

Plus, Hulk is basically just waiting to get mindraped.

Tornatic

If they're caught off guard, obviously damage will be intense for some of these guys, but with active defenses, a good deal of them will survive the initial attack. I agree I think most of them would survive first attack. Not sure how much they can take

carver9
The hole initially was big enough for Xavier to peer through, such that only his head was visible through it. By the time Thor was done, it had grown to man-sizes proportions. It's perfectly justifiable to say that a significant, undamaged portion of the armor was shattered apart as well when Thor rammed into Onslaught.

Lol...Thor and Hulk fought two different versions of Onslaught. Hulk fought an EXTREMELY amped Onslaught. By the way, I agree with you Damborgson but you have to remember, that Onslaught shrugged off attacks from every hero on the planet.

psycho gundam
What attack would Onslaught be using that would one shot multiple heralds? That EMP won't do it. he made a star no expression

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he made a star no expression Superman solos, amirite?

Unless it blows up, then he gets KO'ed like the last time.

TheGodKiller
Plus, Hulk is basically just waiting to get mindraped.
What's it like, the 3rd time? Apart from Bendis, I recall Savage Hulk's mind being possessed by Thanos in the past as well.

TheGodKiller
Lol...Thor and Hulk fought two different versions of Onslaught. Hulk fought an EXTREMELY amped Onslaught. By the way, I agree with you Damborgson but you have to remember, that Onslaught shrugged off attacks from every hero on the planet.
I'd like to know where it was mentioned that Onslaught's armor's durability was amped when Hulk cracked it. smile

psycho gundam
Superman solos, amirite? http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/hh_zpsaede3772.jpg

Branlor Swift
What's it like, the 3rd time? Apart from Bendis, I recall Savage Hulk's mind being possessed by Thanos in the past as well. idk

Onslaught was having sex with his mind too in his basic form. Ultron would probably mindrape him at this point.

And then Hulk would solo the entire other team.

carver9
I'd like to know where it was mentioned that Onslaught's armor's durability was amped when Hulk cracked it. smile

Why wouldn't it be amped and proof of this is him withstand the combine might of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Xmen, AND Thor without a scratch. The only time he was damaged was during his fight against Hulk.

smile

Branlor Swift
Why wouldn't it be amped and proof of this is him withstand the combine might of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Xmen, AND Thor without a scratch. The only time he was damaged was during his fight against Hulk.

smile And Hulk got KO'ed afterwards and every hero had their life flipped, turned upside down to defeat the Onslaught that emerged.

TheGodKiller

smile
So, you have no proof that his armor's durability was amped. Figured as much.

TheHulk
Lol if the OP changed this to Onslaught final form than that's unfair lol.

Tornatic
Lol if the OP changed this to Onslaught final form than that's unfair lol. Lol my lack of knowledge on subject. I was talking about Onslaught that fought FF, Avengers, X-Men the whole time though

h1a8

Thanos is not one shotting anyone on the team without lowballing them. In other words, using average portrayals (both ways) Thanos is not one shotting anyone on the team (maybe Loki if Thanos lands a punch to his head).

Tornatic
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos is not one shotting anyone on the team without lowballing them. In other words, using average portrayals (both ways) Thanos is not one shotting anyone on the team (maybe Loki if Thanos lands a punch to his head). Lol I agree most if not all could survive being one shot but some couldn't take many more. Also I forgot to add a couple of high heralds like gladiator and beta ray bill probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.