The Purge (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
IMDB Synopsis:
If on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do? Over the course of a single night, a family will be tested to see how far they will go to protect themselves when the vicious outside world breaks into their home.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/943578_614919428535341_38924244_n.jpg

Starring: Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey &, Max Burkholder,

K0LLaybEuzA

marwash22
looks trippy and i like the premise.

-Pr-
Saw the trailer; definitely something I'd be interested in watching.

KingD19
I'd whoop my son's ass once we survived the whole ordeal. Oh, and I'd be the guy who would murder every single person out there searching for the guy the moment they stepped on my lawn.

Ascendancy
Dafuq kind of high security system is that when you can disarm it with one touch?

Mostly a crazy update of Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery." Probably will check it out.

marwash22
it's a pretty good security system unless someone is dumb enough to disarm it from the inside.

I have a feeling that kid is gonna piss me off. The same actor plays a character on a tv show that annoys me to no end.

quanchi112
Looks interesting. Has that home invasion Liv Tyler type feel from years back.

siriuswriter
Obviously a political statement movie, but aside from that, looks pretty damn good. Y'all should check out the official site, it has "the history of the purge" "if you decide not to participate, how to stay safe," a bunch of statistics and such, like murder gone down to 0. My favorite : "How to hold a Purge Party."

Darth Martin
To think this chick filed for bankruptcy.

KingD19
I thought her GoT check would have been outstanding.

But what's scary about this movie is if you go to the official site...they put it in a way that it makes a whole lot of sense. I wouldn't want this to happen, but I could see it being a success and having similar numbers after people get over the disgust.

marwash22
I'd be interested in seeing the cleanup after the day was over.

it's an interesting concept because you could literally make a hit list comprised of all the people who pissed you off throughout the year. Knowing that you could be legally killed would force people to be kinder/more polite as to not get on anyone's bad side; so yeah, it makes sense that people would be more civil in everyday life.

KingD19
On the official site, it says they have designated cleanup sites where you go to drop off bodies and they have volunteer's on hand to help dispose of them.

marwash22
link?

KingD19
http://www.newfoundersamerica.org/ - Main site. It's got info and stuff on it. Just click around. Really interesting if you step back and think about it.

marwash22
thanks.

pretty cool that they put so much thought into it. They could have have fun with the viral marketing. Kind of a waste.

meep-meep
Originally posted by marwash22
thanks.

pretty cool that they put so much thought into it. They could have have fun with the viral marketing. Kind of a waste.

I understand that. I suppose they just went way further. People walking into the theatre just wanting to see another slasher. Then walk out thinking..."maybe I should actually say hi these people next me".

Kind of brilliant.

Placidity
What a ridiculous idea.

jaden101
This could be very original and very good or could plunge into mediocrity and general shiteness. It's limited scope so far makes it seem like the Straw Dogs remake or The Strangers which would make the whole legal crimes aspect a moot point if there's no focus on the broader society beyond the family watching the killings on tv. I'm guessing the people outside are trying to exact revenge for something and turn out to be the good guys. Don't think it'll get a wide release over here anyway.

Toby831
The film was originally planned to be released on May 31, 2013, but was later rescheduled for June 7, 2013. The film was rated R by the MPAA for "strong disturbing violence and some language".

BruceSkywalker
this looks so damn stupid and full of cliche, but im sure this was made on the cheap so it will be a success

jinXed by JaNx
i already saw this movie before and i liked it better when it was called Safe room.

ckakarate1
great movie

jaden101
Just back from seeing this. A mixed bag at best. Some bits were genuinely good but the massive. And I mean ****IN GIGANTIC levels of PiS and CiS are just unforgivable. We're talking about the parents in the family not even knowing the layout of their own house. Some of the reactions to the situation by the characters just leaves you thinking how ****ing stupid can people possibly be? There are a few twists that you see coming from so far away it's unbelievable. And the motivation for one of those twists is so ridiculous you face palm yourself to death when you hear it.

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
****IN GIGANTIC levels of PiS and CiS are just unforgivable. We're talking about the parents in the family not even knowing the layout of their own house. Some of the reactions to the situation by the characters just leaves you thinking how ****ing stupid can people possibly be? There are a few twists that you see coming from so far away it's unbelievable. And the motivation for one of those twists is so ridiculous you face palm yourself to death when you hear it. thumb up thumb up

dumbest phucking movie I've seen in a while. This shit was terrible. Awfully written.

I wanted the family to die so much that i started to root for the yuppies, but then they were so inept that i even lost interest in them getting to purge. They did this thing where a character is dead to rights, but then the killer just talks for no apparent reason and ends up getting killed before he/she can pull the trigger... and they do it over and over again.

Can't remember the last time i was so pissed off watching a movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.