Odin vs Hawk God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1. Both use full powers and abilties BFR off
2. BFR on

Who wins this?

TheGodKiller
The Hawk God was supposedly responsible for killing a ton of Watchers in a future timeline, but the context behind this feat is unknown.

I'll go with Odin, based on a greater number of feats and a more consistent portrayal.

Horrificus
Odin. But, I would say that the HG is probably somewhere between Odin and the other Skyfathers.

operator616
Odin, especially now that he's universal

Oliver North
I think the Hawk God was supposed to be closer in power to other Abstracts, but on panel, Odin is going to be far more impressive.

lawest9
Originally posted by operator616
Odin, especially now that he's universal What is this about Odin being universal?

operator616
Originally posted by lawest9
What is this about Odin being universal?

in everything burns story arc, his power was universal.
Though his most impressive feat is his battle with set.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Oliver North
I think the Hawk God was supposed to be closer in power to other Abstracts, but on panel, Odin is going to be far more impressive.

thumb up
He's a peer to the abstracts.
I'm not counting Hawkgod out because of a lack of appearances. He wins.

Silent Master
Based on feats, Odin.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
thumb up

He IS an abstract. He symbolizes and represents "Predation".

Based on feats and fights (since Hawk God has none) : Odin.

Based on universal station : Hawk God.

Sundipped
^
Must have been thinking about Erishkigal with that peer to abstract thing. smile

guy222
hg

lawest9
Originally posted by operator616
in everything burns story arc, his power was universal.
Though his most impressive feat is his battle with set. Ok, I am aware of those events, I just thought his status may have been upgrade beyond skyfather, I always believe that Odin was really higher than the SF level at the peak of his power.

TheGodKiller
thumb up
I'm not counting Hawkgod out because of a lack of appearances. He wins.
He wasn't the peer of Eternity, from what we saw on-panel. He only has one feat, and it was off-panel, plus we don't know the context behind it, so yeah, Odin wins against the featless sub-abstract wonder.

guy222
hawk god wins if u believe he's a peer of eternity

do i yeah i do

Sundipped
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
He wasn't the peer of Eternity, from what we saw on-panel. He only has one feat, and it was off-panel, plus we don't know the context behind it, so yeah, Odin wins against the featless sub-abstract wonder.

He threatened to curbstomp both Eternity and Scathan during that Protege fiasco. With him being as hot headed as he is, I don't doubt he committed genocide against the Watchers.

Hawkgod was able to have an effect upon Protege, who at the time was at the height of his power.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/0325404f-0759-4b83-b1ba-b0b81ed7ebd3_zps8fac233d.jpg

^Before this, Protege was going toe to toe with a Beyonder who one shot vaporized Mephisto. I'd say he's further up on the scale beyond skyfather.

Mr Master
^^ thumb up On top of that, HawkGod was Multiversal, just like Eternity in that story.

That was not Eternity 691 simply because it was GOTG book.

The incident took place withIN the Dimension of Manifestations which
completely disconnected and in fact, it's "Beyond Space-Time and
everything that is real and imagined." It's not only the home of
"Fractals" but of the "Abstract Concepts" as well. It's even been
stated to be the actual "Realm of the Living Tribunal"

Anyway,
it was literally stated on panel that HawkGod was "multiversal." (same goes for ET)

Raisen
Originally posted by Mr Master
^^ thumb up On top of that, HawkGod was Multiversal, just like Eternity in that story.

That was not Eternity 691 simply because it was GOTG book.

The incident took place withIN the Dimension of Manifestations which
completely disconnected and in fact, it's "Beyond Space-Time and
everything that is real and imagined." It's not only the home of
"Fractals" but of the "Abstract Concepts" as well. It's even been
stated to be the actual "Realm of the Living Tribunal"

Anyway,
it was literally stated on panel that HawkGod was "multiversal." (same goes for ET)

yet people will still vote for Odin based on "feats". People need to realize that a character of HawkGod's level will always have close to zero feats, and for good reason. Do you want to see the Living Tribunal fighting Hulk? Too many feats will actually discredit a character of that level and leave you even more confused.

Sundipped
@Mr.M
Good to see we agree for a change. cool

Originally posted by Raisen
yet people will still vote for Odin based on "feats". People need to realize that a character of HawkGod's level will always have close to zero feats, and for good reason.

I see what you mean.
I know feats are the primary factor in determining who wins but very often it seems as if the criteria for a forum win goes by who's the most popular. Either that or lack of knowledge on the opposing character gives the popular guy an auto win.

Raisen
@Mr.M

I see what you mean.
I know feats are the primary factor in determining who wins but very often it seems as if the criteria for a forum win goes by who's the most popular. Either that or lack of knowledge on the opposing character gives the popular guy an auto win.

Feats are important and needed for the vast majority of characters, but you have to take it for granted when guys are said to be multiversal and peers to Cosmic Beings. I'm sure nobody wants to see Death fist fighting The Avengers in Manhattan. It's stupid and wouldn't make any sense. Speaking of which, how many feats does Death have? LOL. Does anybody think that Odin beats her?

Mr Master

@Mr.M

thumb up

I still got you on that thread, haven't had time to fully disclose,
but chopping at it day by day in a save doc. I'll be bumpin that soon. stick out tongue

-------------------------

On with the thread ...

Hawkgod may have been very close to Eternity in power,
but definitely subject to the LT's authority:

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/15814339_HG2.jpg

Regardless, he was definitely "Multiversal" ...

In the sense that, if conscious space-time (Eternity/Infinity) allow it,
he can manipulate said concepts ... on that scale. (multiversal)

I also re-checked the story,
Hawkgod did indeed murder the entire race of Watchers at one point,
only one survived.

As a Concept,
they're not known to employ weapons/outside sources to exercise their power,
so I'm guessing he did this under his own power.

Raisen
HawkGod looks like he should be a superhero in the Simpsons.

Dampyre
Odin loses. That old bag is out of his league here.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Raisen
Feats are important and needed for the vast majority of characters, but you have to take it for granted when guys are said to be multiversal and peers to Cosmic Beings. I'm sure nobody wants to see Death fist fighting The Avengers in Manhattan. It's stupid and wouldn't make any sense. Speaking of which, how many feats does Death have? LOL. Does anybody think that Odin beats her?

She allegedly destroyed the Cancerverse but there's context behind that. That may be her biggest feat.

Seeing how Odin struggled with Galactus I hope to God no one thinks Odin is superior but I wouldn't be surprised if a few people vouch for Odin.

Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up

I still got you on that thread, haven't had time to fully disclose,
but chopping at it day by day in a save doc. I'll be bumpin that soon. stick out tongue

I can tell you now it'll have a 0.000000000000001% chance of convincing me but I'll take a peep at it. wink

TheGodKiller
He threatened to curbstomp both Eternity and Scathan during that Protege fiasco. With him being as hot headed as he is, I don't doubt he committed genocide against the Watchers.

Hawkgod was able to have an effect upon Protege, who at the time was at the height of his power.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/0325404f-0759-4b83-b1ba-b0b81ed7ebd3_zps8fac233d.jpg

^Before this, Protege was going toe to toe with a Beyonder who one shot vaporized Mephisto. I'd say he's further up on the scale beyond skyfather.
His threat towards Scathan was pointed out as naive bravado by Eternity.

He wasn't a threat to Eternity. At all. Him making disrespectful comments is more or less similar to when Protege and the Beyonder attempted to disintegrate Eternity, and Eternity ended up trolling them.

Mephisto outside his realm is nowhere near a skyfather-level being. So that is basically not an evidence for Hawk God being above a high-level skyfather like Odin.

TheGodKiller
On a side-note,

@MrM: I recently heard an interesting theory regarding the incident with the LT and the Eye of Agamotto in the Protege arc. In this theory, it is suggested that since the LT was clandestinely drawing power from the Amulet, therefore it might have been the Anulet's power which got absorbed instead of the LT's, which in turn could imply that Scathan was not beyond the LT in that arc. I'd like to hear your perspective on this.

Sundipped
^
Where did you get that theory from? Comicvine?
That makes no sense at all. Scathan did nothing but provide a muzzle and approved of Protege being bfred by LT into the hourglass of time. Protege was done copying powers before LT even suggested using the amulet.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
His threat towards Scathan was pointed out as naive bravado by Eternity.

He wasn't a threat to Eternity. At all. Him making disrespectful comments is more or less similar to when Protege and the Beyonder attempted to disintegrate Eternity, and Eternity ended up trolling them.

Mephisto outside his realm is nowhere near a skyfather-level being. So that is basically not an evidence for Hawk God being above a high-level skyfather like Odin.

Forget about Hawkgod's short temper, did you see the scan of Hawkgod being multiversal? Did you see the scan of Hawkgod visibly affecting Protege who was in his most powerful state?

Just to give you an indication of the levels we're dealing with, Protege was deemed so much of a threat after copying Beyonders powers that it attracted the full attention of LT and at this point, Eternity is now beginning to comprehend the meaning of fear. This Beyonder had the ability to formerly imprison Protege with a thought with Protege not being able to do a damn thing about it, and create billions of lifeforms from nothing with only a thought. Mephisto gets one shot in his realm as well as out of it.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/04bb5cbb-819b-4602-9ccc-0243acd7b12e_zpsbd2a82a1.jpg

^ The main point is that Hawkgod affected a Protege that was BEYOND this level. After taking all of this into consideration, even a blind man can see Odin is out of his league here.

Raisen
There's no point in arguing. Sometimes people know their wrong but just won't admit it. The dude is stubborn.

TheGodKiller
^You are trying too hard to get the banhammer dropped on you. A better way would be just to mindlessly make spam threads. Transparently baiting others isn't going to give you what want, I am afraid.
^
Where did you get that theory from? Comicvine?
That makes no sense at all. Scathan did nothing but provide a muzzle and approved of Protege being bfred by LT into the hourglass of time. Protege was done copying powers before LT even suggested using the amulet.

Forget about Hawkgod's short temper, did you see the scan of Hawkgod being multiversal? Did you see the scan of Hawkgod visibly affecting Protege who was in his most powerful state?

Just to give you an indication of the levels we're dealing with, Protege was deemed so much of a threat after copying Beyonders powers that it attracted the full attention of LT and at this point, Eternity is now beginning to comprehend the meaning of fear. This Beyonder had the ability to formerly imprison Protege with a thought with Protege not being able to do a damn thing about it, and create billions of lifeforms from nothing with only a thought. Mephisto gets one shot in his realm as well as out of it.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/04bb5cbb-819b-4602-9ccc-0243acd7b12e_zpsbd2a82a1.jpg

^ The main point is that Hawkgod affected a Protege that was BEYOND this level. After taking all of this into consideration, even a blind man can see Odin is out of his league here.
I'll get back to you in a while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.