How well would Hulk fit into the DCU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Again..........the title asks the question.

xJLxKing
He would be pretty useless. DCU needs him and it doesn't fit well. Banner thought, why not

pym-ftw
Nicely, Dc doesn't really have a top tier non flying brick

Now that I think of it Dc can't write top tier characters without blanket powers

carver9
He would become a JLA enemy just like all of his other counterparts are. Then, more then likely, he would probably join the JLA and become a top player hero.

Uriel005
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Now that I think of it Dc can't write top tier characters without blanket powers Solomon Grundy is kinda like Hulk... Different incarnations different strength level though much more static

he'd play a somewhat similar role to what he plays in various avengers incarnations - occasionally out of control, being stopped by the league and occasionally helping them out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He'd fit in just fine. I think Superman would be more negatively affected than Hulk with the change. Having a superhero (Albeit sometimes in a villanous role) physically superior to the Man of Steel takes away from him to an extent imho.

-Pr-
He'd be maybe a more impressive Grundy, but I doubt we'd ever see him in the League. He'd certainly never be their villain; he doesn't have enough to him for that.

Given how many active heralds there are on DC Earth, he'd be fighting a new one every issue.

psycho gundam
Death of superman II: No comebacksies

-Pr-
laughing out loud

curryman
More impressive Grundy?

Nah, he doesn't have the depth.

psycho gundam

Wwh went over 90% people's heads apparently

-Pr-
Yeah, because that would the characterisation they're likely to choose. ermm

So he'd be the new Black Adam, then?

psycho gundam
I didn't even remotely elude to that, however the food chain would inevitably have to be exhibited at some point.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I didn't even remotely elude to that, however the food chain would inevitably have to be exhibited at some point.

alude stick out tongue

Then what were you talking about?

psycho gundam
Autocorrect, limey

That curry guy tried to say grundy was deep.... moreso than hulk to the point they are incomparable.

Phucking grundy

-Pr-
Autocorrect, limey

That curry guy tried to say grundy was deep.... moreso than hulk to the point they are incomparable.

Phucking grundy

Don't be mean.

oh lol.

interesting stories would come about from DC groups trying to control and exploit him

Mindset
Does DC really need another "omnipotent" character?

They already have like 5.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He'd fit in just fine. I think Superman would be more negatively affected than Hulk with the change. Having a superhero (Albeit sometimes in a villanous role) physically superior to the Man of Steel takes away from him to an extent imho. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Glad you still have a sense of humor

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Glad you still have a sense of humor

laughing out loud Its true.

-Pr-
Yeah, because DC would ever write Hulk as being stronger than Superman.

Please.

That's as likely as Marvel letting Superman be stronger than Hulk.

Mindset
Hulk doesn't care what DC writes.

He'll punch the writer in the mouth and break Superman.

tkitna
Originally posted by 753
he'd play a somewhat similar role to what he plays in various avengers incarnations - occasionally out of control, being stopped by the league and occasionally helping them out.

Hard to explain it any better then this.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, because DC would ever write Hulk as being stronger than Superman.

Please.

That's as likely as Marvel letting Superman be stronger than Hulk.

Superman words about the Hulk.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=12704275

I honestly believe DC thinks highly of Savage Hulk strength. '

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6606747

Don't get all hot headed about my scans Pr...I'm just messing with ya (even though I think DC have high standards of Hulk).

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Superman words about the Hulk.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=12704275

I honestly believe DC thinks highly of Savage Hulk strength. '

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6606747

Don't get all hot headed about my scans Pr...I'm just messing with ya (even though I think DC have high standards of Hulk).

lol.

Nobody said DC wouldn't respect Hulk.

You just don't think that they can still respect him without making him stronger than Superman. Don't get hot-headed because you know DC would have Superman kick his ass.

carver9
Lol. Im not even going to respond to your last comment. Free-be.

-Pr-
Concession accepted.

golem370
I would see it going like Planet Hulk where he goes off taking on a team of JLA numerious times and then finally being stopped by Martian Manhunter and maybe Wonder Woman's lasso and sent off planet arriving in war world taken if over and coming back for revenge.

JakeTheBank
Really depends on how they interpret both Banner and Hulk.

But it wouldn't be difficult to integrate him, imo.

Branlor Swift
He'd just destroy the planet and kill everyone it.

He has no emotional attachment to anyone there

abhilegend
Superman kicks his ass like he does everytime they meet in crossovers.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman kicks his ass like he does everytime they meet in crossovers.

laughing out loud

Golgo13

Now that I think of it Dc can't write top tier characters without blanket powers

They have several.

pym-ftw
I meant heroes

Golgo13
OMAC recently has been up there. Even giving Superman trouble.

pym-ftw
Yeah, if Omac keeps getting a push then he might fill the void.

More than likely he will evolve flight and superspeed first though
no expression

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He'd fit in just fine. I think Superman would be more negatively affected than Hulk with the change. Having a superhero (Albeit sometimes in a villanous role) physically superior to the Man of Steel takes away from him to an extent imho.

It might be because both wear a red cape, but you are confusing Superman with Thor.

Those are usually symptoms of gamma convertion.

TheHulk
I was hoping a thread like this never surface.

-Pr-
I meant heroes

Aquaman. Grundy.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
Aquaman. Grundy. Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

-Pr-
They're heralds that can't fly. shrug

are they really pr? really?

-Pr-
Yes.

Also, Cyclops was wrong.

deep in your heart, you know both of those statements to be false

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
deep in your heart, you know both of those statements to be false

Or true.

Cogito
Hulk would fit fine, but wouldn't be necessary at all.

DC's already got enough grounded bricks (e.g Lobo, Grundy, Doomsday, General/Shaggy Man, etc.) and rage based characters (e.g. Atrocitus, Orion; both of whom have far more interesting stories than the Hulk).

Originally posted by Cogito
Hulk would fit fine, but wouldn't be necessary at all.

DC's already got enough grounded bricks (e.g Lobo, Grundy, Doomsday, General/Shaggy Man, etc.) and rage based characters (e.g. Atrocitus, Orion; both of whom have far more interesting stories than the Hulk). all those grounded bricks are villians, so there would be a role for him.

hulk's stories> atrocitus's and orion's

Cogito
Originally posted by 753
hulk's stories> atrocitus's and orion's

Please.

Atrocitus maybe, his isn't that original or anything, but Orion's backstory shits on the Hulk's

Wei Phoenix
Hulk, Bizarro and Grundy start a vigilante trio that handles small incidents like cat stuck in a tree.

Please.

Atrocitus maybe, his isn't that original or anything, but Orion's backstory shits on the Hulk's you mean his origin story? big deal, hulk has accumulated better stories over time.

lawest9
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Hulk, Bizarro and Grundy start a vigilante trio that handles small incidents like cat stuck in a tree. Naming the three of them in a group together may have given me an idea for a new thread, lol.

Zack Fair
Hulk, Bizarro and Grundy start a vigilante trio that handles small incidents like cat stuck in a tree. Now I'd pay money to see that. The trio attempting to improve their public relationships by becoming heroes for hire(sue me)...they end up causing more trouble than they're worth.

Gold right there.

CosmicComet
Hulk, Bizarro and Grundy start a vigilante trio that handles small incidents like cat stuck in a tree.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgyaxdtsKK1qg636ko1_500.png

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Now I'd pay money to see that. The trio attempting to improve their public relationships by becoming heroes for hire(sue me)...they end up causing more trouble than they're worth.

Gold right there.

superpowered three stooges.

TheHulk
Originally posted by CosmicComet
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgyaxdtsKK1qg636ko1_500.png Damn I miss this dude XD

Philosophía
A few things that everybody knows deep inside:

a). Superman will always be shown to beat Hulk in a straight comic fight.
b). Hulk will never be shown to be stronger than Superman, but will almost everytime be said to be "one of/the strongest opponents he has ever faced" and maybe even a "given time, this might have gone south".

As for the thread:

He would fit in fine, just as Superman would in Marvel. His fights against somebody like Black Adam would be awesome.

psycho gundam
mary sueperman

Stoic
Please.

Atrocitus maybe, his isn't that original or anything, but Orion's backstory shits on the Hulk's

Whatever your opinion on the Hulk stories may be, numbers don't lie. The Hulk would outsell Orion all day everyday, and that is how you measure better from worse in this world. Not a swipe at you, but the truth.

psycho gundam
hulk is far more popular but that has no reflection on the content of the comics, however hulk would win that argument most likely. again, sales don't really mean shit.

flash would outsell orion as well, doesn't mean there is any substance to it

sales don't really mean shit. thumb up x 10000

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
Whatever your opinion on the Hulk stories may be, numbers don't lie. The Hulk would outsell Orion all day everyday, and that is how you measure better from worse in this world. Not a swipe at you, but the truth.

Would you rank movies based on sales? How about books? Cars? TV Shows?

thumb down

Mindset
Yes.

Supra

I think superman covers that

JakeTheBank
Age of Ultron is a consistent best seller as far as comic book shops are concerned.

no expression

Lord Feron
I would like to see more of dr. banner teaming up smarts with the likes of batman and mr. terrific. Occasionally hulk out for some crazy arcs or something.

ODG
World War Hulk outsold Final Crisis.

JakeTheBank
All this said, I do think Hulk has had great arcs and storylines regardless of sales. And as character who is more popular in his universe as opposed to Orion in his, he has more material to drawn upon. The flipside to that is that while he may have more instances of better storytelling, he'll invariably have more instances of "eh" and not so good storytelling. And all in all, I do prefer Orion more as a character, but I acknowledge Hulk's had some great arcs and storylines outside of just ridiculous feats for the sake of ridiculous feats.

But yeah, sales don't coincide with quality. SHIELD by Hickman was one of the best series I've read (and I'm psyched to hear they will pick up where they left off soon, probably after Infinity), but Bendis' Avengers outsold it.

TheHulk
Originally posted by ODG
World War Hulk outsold Final Crisis. What the f**k?

curryman
Originally posted by ODG
World War Hulk outsold Final Crisis.

One of the reviewers on IGN ripped into WWH and he got put off comics for a long time....

Mindset
Ign sucks at everything.

TheHulk
Originally posted by curryman
One of the reviewers on IGN ripped into WWH and he got put off comics for a long time....

Originally posted by Mindset
Ign sucks at everything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.