Who is more powerful, Odin or Mordu?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Always wanted to know this. Who overall is more powerful between these two?

Zack Fair
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4211403776/hA0DED97A/

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin. Mordu is a big fat pussy, isn't that right Prep?

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4211403776/hA0DED97A/

laughing out loud

Golgo13
Mordru is likely to absorb more power than Odin.

carver9
Isn't about absorption, about whos more powerful.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin. Mordu is a big fat pussy, isn't that right Prep? Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/gasg_zps95dc0d60.gif

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Isn't about absorption, about whos more powerful.

That is part of it.

xJLxKing
In before someone law balls mordu because of prime

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
That is part of it.

Youre saying he will absorb Odin powers...this isn't a battle.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Youre saying he will absorb Odin powers...this isn't a battle.

Being able to consume different types of energy makes you poowerful?

SevenShackles
If this is about base power levels then Odin wins. Mordu has the potential to eventually reach higher power output threw absorption but both under their own power puts Mordu under Odin.

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
In before someone law balls mordu because of prime

Think that ship has sailed.

Odin, anyway.

Golgo13
Originally posted by SevenShackles
If this is about base power levels then Odin wins. Mordu has the potential to eventually reach higher power output threw absorption but both under their own power puts Mordu under Odin.

I dont know, mordrus basr is pretty powerful, depending on what incarnation you are talking about. He can absorb enwrgy lile nobodya business. Infinte man, speed force, starheart etc..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fyi, Odin can absorb shit too. This guy enchanted Mjolnir man. In some portrayals he did it effortlessly, one of his greatest feats imho.

Golgo13
Mordru in lo3w absorbed all the magic in that universe, iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mordru in lo3w absorbed all the magic in that universe, iirc.

Scans and more specifics, or an issue number preferably.

xJLxKing
Scans and more specifics, or an issue number preferably. Lo3W is the issue, there is only like 3 of them (i think)

Estacado
Fyi, Odin can absorb shit too. This guy enchanted Mjolnir man. In some portrayals he did it effortlessly, one of his greatest feats imho.
Awesome brah...that's just awesome...

TheGodKiller
Odin.

Golgo13
Scans and more specifics, or an issue number preferably.

Here is the scan.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=495705&pagenumber=2

I forgot what issue, but it took place in Finale Crisis: LO3W.

A depowered Mordru was also able to create pocket universes/dimensions for each of the JSA members.

Naija boy
Odin

beatboks
Mordru is likely to absorb more power than Odin.

NO

Even at 30th Century levels Mordru would not be more powerful than Odin.
He's one of my 5 favorite villains without a doubt but isn't above Odin in power. He could take a fight to Odin ONLY because of the fact that his history of taking power from opponents fight them. His peak power level without amp ( referring to he and Glorith absorbing Infinite man) was not above Odin. Only the infinte man feat would put him there and he had help to achieve it.

JakeTheBank
Odin.

And yeah, Odin himself has feats of absorbing and warping energy as he sees fit.

the Darkone
One of Odin best feats was when his dark self (Infinity) was absorbing energy from one of the most powerful abstracts Infinity, his dark self was busting galaxies and when Odin awoke from his trance he undid and his dark self.

Another one is when Odin battled Seth and they sent shock waves through out the Multiverse just, and this is when Odin lost his memory.

Odin wins, I would say Odin is some what like Nabu of DC Universe, but higher due to feats IMO

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
NO

Even at 30th Century levels Mordru would not be more powerful than Odin.
He's one of my 5 favorite villains without a doubt but isn't above Odin in power. He could take a fight to Odin ONLY because of the fact that his history of taking power from opponents fight them. His peak power level without amp ( referring to he and Glorith absorbing Infinite man) was not above Odin. Only the infinte man feat would put him there and he had help to achieve it.

He absorbed half of Infinite Man and all of magic in one universe. What type of absorbing powers does Odin have on that level>

Glorificus
Odin.

ODG
He absorbed half of Infinite Man and all of magic in one universe. What type of absorbing powers does Odin have on that level> Context.

Golgo13
What context? I know he had prep, but it wasn't very long from what I remember.

ODG
^ He didn't even have prep. You should re-read it.

Golgo13
What was the context? Either way, Mordru's feeding of magic and cosmic energy speak for themselves.

ODG
What was the context? Either way, Mordru's feeding of magic and cosmic energy speak for themselves. The character, Kinetix, was from the Earth-247 universe (one of the three featured Legion timelines). Earth-247 was destroyed in Infinite Crisis. When it was destroyed, the magicks fled into her as a repository to survive. Mind you, she wasn't an ubermench sorcerer to begin with -- she just happened to be the only available mystical conduit left. She got killed in Legion of 3 Worlds. Those magicks apparently jumped into Mordru who had no idea that those magicks were in her in the first place.

In other words, it had absolutely nothing to do with prep and seemed to be much more of a happy accident. Granted, Mordru has actively sought out to jack magic before. So depending on how much you want to credit Mordru here, the situation was somewhere between the X-Men receiving the Phoenixforce after Stark blew it up by complete accident or Hope receiving the Phoenixforce after Dark Phoenix Cyclops got beat up because she was the most suitable host.

In the end, Mordru would later get those magicks jacked by Mysa, the White Witch.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
The character, Kinetix, was from the Earth-247 universe (one of the three featured Legion timelines). Earth-247 was destroyed in Infinite Crisis. When it was destroyed, the magicks fled into her as a repository to survive. Mind you, she wasn't an ubermench sorcerer to begin with -- she just happened to be the only available mystical conduit left. She got killed in Legion of 3 Worlds. Those magicks apparently jumped into Mordru who had no idea that those magicks were in her in the first place.

In other words, it had absolutely nothing to do with prep and seemed to be much more of a happy accident. Granted, Mordru has actively sought out to jack magic before. So depending on how much you want to credit Mordru here, the situation was somewhere between the X-Men receiving the Phoenixforce after Stark blew it up by complete accident or Hope receiving the Phoenixforce after Dark Phoenix Cyclops got beat up because she was the most suitable host.

In the end, Mordru would later get those magicks jacked by Mysa, the White Witch.

Gotcha, but like you said, Mordru has jacked magic before. Even energy like the Speed Force isn't safe.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
The character, Kinetix, was from the Earth-247 universe (one of the three featured Legion timelines). Earth-247 was destroyed in Infinite Crisis. When it was destroyed, the magicks fled into her as a repository to survive. Mind you, she wasn't an ubermench sorcerer to begin with -- she just happened to be the only available mystical conduit left. She got killed in Legion of 3 Worlds. Those magicks apparently jumped into Mordru who had no idea that those magicks were in her in the first place.

Myth Busted

ODG
Gotcha, but like you said, Mordru has jacked magic before. Even energy like the Speed Force isn't safe. Thought Mordru was stopped while he was threatening to eat Jay's Speedforce.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
DC's alternate realities have a numbering system similar to Marvel's? First I am hearing about that.

ODG
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
DC's alternate realities have a numbering system similar to Marvel's? First I am hearing about that. DC started it first with Earth-1 and Earth-2, etc. The higher numbers like Earth-247 were cemented when Alexander Luthor split DC apart in Infinite Crisis.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
DC started it first with Earth-1 and Earth-2, etc. The higher numbers like Earth-247 were cemented when Alexander Luthor split DC apart in Infinite Crisis.
Thanks. Btw, why is the original Earth called Earth-Prime then(if it's even referred that these days)? Couldn't DC just assign a special number to it, like Marvel did to theirs with 616?

Galan007
Originally posted by ODG
Thought Mordru was stopped while he was threatening to eat Jay's Speedforce. Quite right:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825059/MordruSpeedForce.jpg.html

---

Anyway, Mordru's best feat(imo) is owning Thunderbolt from within his own 'lamp':
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825060/MordruThunderbolt1.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825061/MordruThunderbolt2.jpg.html

I'll let y'all argue about where that puts him in relation to Odin.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Thought Mordru was stopped while he was threatening to eat Jay's Speedforce.

He was, but it doesn't mean he couldn't consume it. If he and Glorith could absorb Infinite Man, Speed Force shouldn't be a problem. And didn't he also absorb part or the full power of the Starheart? Which is all of DC's Chaos Magic?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Galan007
Quite right:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825059/MordruSpeedForce.jpg.html

---

Anyway, Mordru's best feat(imo) is owning Thunderbolt from within his own 'lamp':
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825060/MordruThunderbolt1.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15825061/MordruThunderbolt2.jpg.html

I'll let y'all argue about where that puts him in relation to Odin. that puts him somewhere under Black Adam level

Galan007
Black Adam fought T-bolt?

ODG
He was, but it doesn't mean he couldn't consume it. If he and Glorith could absorb Infinite Man, Speed Force shouldn't be a problem. And didn't he also absorb part or the full power of the Starheart? Which is all of DC's Chaos Magic? Let me know when you decide which version of Mordu you're discussing.

Branlor Swift
Black Adam fought T-bolt?

He was shown looking like he was damaged during his fight in 52. When Adam wasn't even focused on him.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
that puts him somewhere under Black Adam level

Who would be below Orion. stick out tongue

Branlor Swift
Who would be below Orion. stick out tongue No, shut up.

Also, the T-Bolt ran away from Black Adam after facing his initial rage.

Philosophía
Mordru.

beatboks
He was, but it doesn't mean he couldn't consume it. If he and Glorith could absorb Infinite Man, Speed Force shouldn't be a problem. And didn't he also absorb part or the full power of the Starheart? Which is all of DC's Chaos Magic?

The starheart isn't "all of DC's "chaos" magic. It was simply all the "chaotic energy" that the guardians could find in one universe at one point of time. Chaotic energy doesn't mean it's Chaos magic it is the nature of "all magic". The whole reason that Alan is GL is because the "good" magic that was trapped in the starheart with the evil broke itself free knowing that one day the evil magic would also escape. His change from GL to Sentinel was when that happened and he had a more direct link to the energy. It's also why at the time he lost the Wood weakness which was more to do with wood being part of the "green" or life and the life magic he wielded could not be used to harm such.

Mordu's power level shifts vastly throughout his life span.
When he first appeared in the 20th century it was in Amethyst shortly after COIE. Unlike other immortal Lords of order etc who assumed mortal form Mordru actually also absorbed the soul of the gem world wizard he possessed which would mean that he would not be as limited by a physical form as Nabu and Shat-Ru etc were. At this point he was a fairly low in power compared to most later showings. So much so that Amethyst is able to do him great harm in his own place of power.

By the time of the early issues of the JSA a decade later we are told that he destroyed and absorbed the power of other LOO and LOC to be able to kill Jarred Stephens. We also see examples of him absorbing the infant Hector to take the power of the artifacts of Nabu ( albeit briefly), and as Said the power of Alan Scot, later the starheart. The energy absorption thing is then played out consistently though his appearances even his later ( by chronology if not by year appearance as they were published 5 years earlier in 94) in Legionares where he casually absorbs the power of a dozen or so members.

None of that energy absorption anywhere puts him at Odin level. I wouldn't even say that Pre COIE's feats ( one of which we saw in the view of Hourman one million of his future in JSA) were at Odin level.

operator616
Odin, not by much

Golgo13
The starheart isn't "all of DC's "chaos" magic. It was simply all the "chaotic energy" that the guardians could find in one universe at one point of time. Chaotic energy doesn't mean it's Chaos magic it is the nature of "all magic". The whole reason that Alan is GL is because the "good" magic that was trapped in the starheart with the evil broke itself free knowing that one day the evil magic would also escape. His change from GL to Sentinel was when that happened and he had a more direct link to the energy. It's also why at the time he lost the Wood weakness which was more to do with wood being part of the "green" or life and the life magic he wielded could not be used to harm such.

Mordu's power level shifts vastly throughout his life span.
When he first appeared in the 20th century it was in Amethyst shortly after COIE. Unlike other immortal Lords of order etc who assumed mortal form Mordru actually also absorbed the soul of the gem world wizard he possessed which would mean that he would not be as limited by a physical form as Nabu and Shat-Ru etc were. At this point he was a fairly low in power compared to most later showings. So much so that Amethyst is able to do him great harm in his own place of power.

By the time of the early issues of the JSA a decade later we are told that he destroyed and absorbed the power of other LOO and LOC to be able to kill Jarred Stephens. We also see examples of him absorbing the infant Hector to take the power of the artifacts of Nabu ( albeit briefly), and as Said the power of Alan Scot, later the starheart. The energy absorption thing is then played out consistently though his appearances even his later ( by chronology if not by year appearance as they were published 5 years earlier in 94) in Legionares where he casually absorbs the power of a dozen or so members.

None of that energy absorption anywhere puts him at Odin level. I wouldn't even say that Pre COIE's feats ( one of which we saw in the view of Hourman one million of his future in JSA) were at Odin level.

What are some of Odin's best absorptions feats?

beatboks
Originally posted by ODG
Let me know when you decide which version of Mordu you're discussing.

I know you don't want to hear it but the feat o Absorbing Infinite man is "valid" for any version of Mordru. It was shown both Pre and Post COIE. One of those post COIE showings of it occuring was in the Valor Series in the mid 90's. IIRC it was toward the end of the run ( between 18 to 23 somewhere).

abhilegend
Mordru.

abhilegend
I know you don't want to hear it but the feat o Absorbing Infinite man is "valid" for any version of Mordru. It was shown both Pre and Post COIE. One of those post COIE showings of it occuring was in the Valor Series in the mid 90's. IIRC it was toward the end of the run ( between 18 to 23 somewhere).
Its from Legion of Super-Heroes 60 and that's Mordru of main DCU.

ODG
I know you don't want to hear it but the feat o Absorbing Infinite man is "valid" for any version of Mordru. It was shown both Pre and Post COIE. One of those post COIE showings of it occuring was in the Valor Series in the mid 90's. IIRC it was toward the end of the run ( between 18 to 23 somewhere). This isn't question of pre or post-Crisis. You're referring to a future version of Mordru, LoSH Mordru. Golgo13 is vacillating between feats performed by JSA Mordru and LoSH Mordru and it'd be nice if we could focus on one or the other.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
This isn't question of pre or post-Crisis. You're referring to a future version of Mordru, LoSH Mordru. Golgo13 is vacillating between feats performed by JSA Mordru and LoSH Mordru and it'd be nice if we could focus on one or the other.

That's why i said it depends on which version. Carver didn't specify which version we're using. I don't think it's current, DCnU, because he hasn't done anything of note.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tbh though, DCU's continuity, especially with shit like Legion is very confusing at first glance which is why a lot of people mix and match feats for them, including Mordu. Still, Odin is definitely above Mordu.

Golgo13
Philo pointed out that the younger version of Mordru is most powerful. He and Odin are comparable.

JakeTheBank
The only real edge I see Mordru having is his timeline having no beginning or end and as such he's more "immortal" than Odin. Which doesn't mean he can't be beaten.

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The only real edge I see Mordru having is his timeline having no beginning or end and as such he's more "immortal" than Odin. Which doesn't mean he can't be beaten.

Pre-Crisis, I believe it was revealed that the Lords of Order and Chaos were responsible in creating the multivers as well. I think beatbok's has the scans.

JakeTheBank
Cool.

Still, JSA Mordru, assuming that's what you meant by younger Mordru, did what exactly that puts him above Odin?

Golgo13
Owned a Thunderbolt and SHAZAM in ROE? I think that's pretty uber. Was going to absorb the Starheart and SF as well.

JakeTheBank
Owned a Thunderbolt and SHAZAM in ROE? I think that's pretty uber. Was going to absorb the Starheart and SF as well.

Those are good feats, but don't put him above Odin.

Golgo13
I think they are comparable power wise, myself. I don't see Odin massively above Mordru and vice versa.

abhilegend
Owning thunderbolt in his own residence is above odin and having an edge on Nabu while weakened is also above odin.

Rage.Of.Olympus

He owned Shazam? Does anyone have scans of their fight?

Also, the Thunderbolt feat was off panel no?

Originally posted by abhilegend
Owning thunderbolt in his own residence is above odin and having an edge on Nabu while weakened is also above odin.

Does the pen have any relevance on the Thunderbolts power level? You say it like it gives him a power boost like a Hell Lord in his own dimension or something of that sort.

abhilegend
He owned Shazam? Does anyone have scans of their fight?

Also, the Thunderbolt feat was off panel no?

Does the pen have any relevance on the Thunderbolts power level? You say it like it gives him a power boost like a Hell Lord in his own dimension or something of that sort.
He has said, he feels more powerful in his residence. Thunderbolt shits on Odin any day of the week.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He has said, he feels more powerful in his residence. Thunderbolt shits on Odin any day of the week.

Scan? I thought he just resided in the pen after he left his home dimension. I'm just curious.

Not always. I haven't seen him do anything above Odin's best either, no not even imprisoning the Spectre. During one point in the JSA run while he was granting wishes, we saw that his power was very limited to a point IIRC (Not sure if it was pre or post Tenth Age).

Also, why is beating the Thunderbolt above Odin? I'm pretty sure Yz can't do anything beside taking a beating without Jakeem's commands. Black Adam accomplished as much as Mordru.

abhilegend
Scan? I thought he just resided in the pen after he left his home dimension. I'm just curious.

Not always. I haven't seen him do anything above Odin's best either, no not even imprisoning the Spectre. During one point in the JSA run while he was granting wishes, we saw that his power was very limited to a point IIRC (Not sure if it was pre or post Tenth Age).

Also, why is beating the Thunderbolt above Odin? I'm pretty sure Yz can't do anything beside taking a beating without Jakeem's commands. Black Adam accomplished as much as Mordru.
I'm posting from my phone, so I can't post the scan right now. I would post it as soon as I go to my home.

You want to lowball thunderbolt? Seriously? Imprisoning spectre was done by just a part of thunderbolt, so its more impressive. Imprisoning Jim Corrigan Spectre is better than everything Odin has done. He's not Johns' spectre. Also Thunderbolt was given full permission to fight Mordru.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm posting from my phone, so I can't post the scan right now. I would post it as soon as I go to my home.

You want to lowball thunderbolt? Seriously? Imprisoning spectre was done by just a part of thunderbolt, so its more impressive. Imprisoning Jim Corrigan Spectre is better than everything Odin has done. He's not Johns' spectre. Also Thunderbolt was given full permission to fight Mordru.

Okay, thank you.

I'm not trying to lowball anything. I'm sorry but creating a thousand mile rock with life on it is not in any way, shape or form above Odin's abilities. As a matter of fact, IIRC Zauriel and Sentinel had the power to destroy it (It was noted that it would take a great deal of power). I'll have to re-read the fight because I just remember Jakeem telling Lz to take Mordru away where he couldn't cause harm. I don't even remember him being able to just give it free reign.

abhilegend
Okay, thank you.

I'm not trying to lowball anything. I'm sorry but creating a thousand mile rock with life on it is not in any way, shape or form above Odin's abilities. As a matter of fact, IIRC Zauriel and Sentinel had the power to destroy it (It was noted that it would take a great deal of power). I'll have to re-read the fight because I just remember Jakeem telling Lz to take Mordru away where he couldn't cause harm. I don't even remember him being able to just give it free reign.
No problem.

I'm going to laugh at you if you think that just creating that rock imprisoned spectre. Yz defeated and then imprisoned spectre. You think Odin is going to beat spectre? LMAO.

That was in JSA 80. In that fight Jakeem told thunderbolt to hit mordru unless he said no. He never said no though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No problem.

I'm going to laugh at you if you think that just creating that rock imprisoned spectre. Yz defeated and then imprisoned spectre. You think Odin is going to beat spectre? LMAO.

That was in JSA 80. In that fight Jakeem told thunderbolt to hit mordru unless he said no. He never said no though.

He put him in the rock, but was it not the life he created that kept him there? The moment the world died, he broke free. If Zauriel and Sentinel even had a chance at breaking the prison, then Spectre should do it effortlessly unless he was getting incredibly lowballed. Says who? Did it even have a hint at the two having a fight? If so, I'll concede on just that small piece of information because it's logical.

So the fight where Mordru lays him out is in JSA 80? Then how did they get into the pen? I'm going to have re-read this shit again.

abhilegend
He put him in the rock, but was it not the life he created that kept him there? The moment the world died, he broke free. If Zauriel and Sentinel even had a chance at breaking the prison, then Spectre should do it effortlessly unless he was getting incredibly lowballed. Says who? Did it even have a hint at the two having a fight? If so, I'll concede on just that small piece of information because it's logical.

So the fight where Mordru lays him out is in JSA 80? Then how did they get into the pen? I'm going to have re-read this shit again.
No. They freed him after they aged those life-forms to dust. Spectre was defeated and imprisoned on that rock, doesn't means he was lowballed. Its a 5-d imp ffs. Quintessence said that those two had a fight.

No, its from JSA 49-50. Jakeem says hit mordru untill he says no and then orders T-bolt to bring mordru to his place of power to contain him.

zeel

owning shazam isn't really a impressive feat in all reality. Shazam is all hype, as much as I like the character he has no really impressive feats for a skyfather. And the notion that hes 100 fold more powerful in the ROE is a joke at best.

beatboks
Originally posted by zeel
owning shazam isn't really a impressive feat in all reality. Shazam is all hype, as much as I like the character he has no really impressive feats for a skyfather. And the notion that hes 100 fold more powerful in the ROE is a joke at best.

Ordinarily i'd agree. Shazam has been easily defeated by both his kids who at the time were low level hell lords. Hell he didn't even have enough power to heal Freddy Freemam and even Inza Nelson fate could bring the dead back to life. Great character but often highly overrated

The DOV feat against him however was a good showing because his power level was the highest ever. Not because he was on the ROE but because he was completely unencumbered. For the first time in quite some time his power wasn't being used to contain the seven deadly sins etc. The thing is Mordru used his own power against him by drawing on the power of the Rock itself and so did Spectre. So it's not entirely a feat fro Mordru either. It was yet another example of how he can drain energy from any source.

Base line power Odin starts out higher by a bit. Mordru would have to drain him of a bit to make a match of it. he could certainly take a fight to him I have no doubt about it but in terms of power level Odin is on a higher tier.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zeel
A nearly powerless shazam beat spectre who treated a 5-d imp like a joke. Shazam is certainly in the same tier as Odin and is certainly a peer to him.

abhilegend
Ordinarily i'd agree. Shazam has been easily defeated by both his kids who at the time were low level hell lords. Hell he didn't even have enough power to heal Freddy Freemam and even Inza Nelson fate could bring the dead back to life. Great character but often highly overrated

The DOV feat against him however was a good showing because his power level was the highest ever. Not because he was on the ROE but because he was completely unencumbered. For the first time in quite some time his power wasn't being used to contain the seven deadly sins etc. The thing is Mordru used his own power against him by drawing on the power of the Rock itself and so did Spectre. So it's not entirely a feat fro Mordru either. It was yet another example of how he can drain energy from any source.

Base line power Odin starts out higher by a bit. Mordru would have to drain him of a bit to make a match of it. he could certainly take a fight to him I have no doubt about it but in terms of power level Odin is on a higher tier.
He isn't. Odin is the best skyfather because he's had a long history to draw his feats from. That doesn't mean he doesn't has peers. Nearly everytime Odin goes against true Cosmics, he gets humiliated. I don't see Odin beating DOV spectre while being nearly powerless nor do I picture him beating a 5-d imp.

curryman
A nearly powerless shazam beat spectre who treated a 5-d imp like a joke.

So a Shazam at normal power would be somewhere around abstract then?

Seeing as he beat a Spectre who is obviously way, way above 5D imps.

JakeTheBank
If Spectre came to Asgard and Odin absorbed power from all his relics and whatnot, he'd give at least as good of a fight as Shazam did.

Estacado
Mordru.

Galan007
Nearly everytime Odin goes against true Cosmics, he gets humiliated. Galactus beat Odin, but he did not 'humiliate' him by any means. The Celestials also beat Odin /w/ Destroyer, but several members of the 4th Host(each one is a universal power, mind you) attacked him simultaneously. Obviously Odin isn't going to outdo that many cosmic beings ganging up on him. Hell, Franklin Richards(also a universal power) could barely contend with 3 Celestials-- let alone an entire Host. :/

So I guess my question is: which cosmics have legitimately 'humiliated' Odin in a battle, iyo?

abhilegend
Galactus beat Odin, but he did not 'humiliate' him by any means. The Celestials also beat Odin /w/ Destroyer, but several members of the 4th Host(each one is a universal power, mind you) attacked him simultaneously. Obviously Odin isn't going to outdo that many cosmic beings ganging up on him. Hell, Franklin Richards(also a universal power) could barely contend with 3 Celestials-- let alone an entire Host. :/

So I guess my question is: which cosmics have legitimately 'humiliated' Odin in a battle, iyo?
Odin-Destroyer=/=Odin. As they usually are Arishem shrugged off blasts from Odin and his two peers and defeated them by showing an image. That's outright humiliating. Doomlactus oneshotted him IIRC. Galactus didn't even fought him physically while Odin KOED him physically trying to attack him. Sure they were peers in telepathy but that's not a gauge of relative power-level. How many other cosmics has Odin taken on anyway?
If Spectre came to Asgard and Odin absorbed power from all his relics and whatnot, he'd give at least as good of a fight as Shazam did.
Shazam was nearly powerless when he beat spectre.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
So a Shazam at normal power would be somewhere around abstract then?

Not really. He's a solid skyfather and a peer of Odin. If they ever crossed paths, it would be a great battle and either could win.

curryman
Not really. He's a solid skyfather and a peer of Odin. If they ever crossed paths, it would be a great battle and either could win.

Then what was your point?

If he's stronger than someone who's CLEARLY beyond 5D imps, which is what you brought up, then he's much more powerful than a skyfather.

Cogito
A nearly powerless shazam beat spectre who treated a 5-d imp like a joke. Shazam is certainly in the same tier as Odin and is certainly a peer to him. Originally posted by curryman
The Spectre has been put down several times by 5D Imps. He's not above them.

As powerful as Thunderbolt is, he jobs. It's an outlier, not a sign of Mordru's superiority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No. They freed him after they aged those life-forms to dust. Spectre was defeated and imprisoned on that rock, doesn't means he was lowballed. Its a 5-d imp ffs. Quintessence said that those two had a fight.

No, its from JSA 49-50. Jakeem says hit mordru untill he says no and then orders T-bolt to bring mordru to his place of power to contain him.

What? Re-read the scene:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/15841351_JLA_03102.jpg

I don't see the two even doing anything at all as Spectre breaks free. And it's even said that the Spectre shakes off his chains. Unless that rock contained some specific properties that negatively affected the Spectre, it is a horrible showing. However, I think it's pretty clear that the life on that thing was the real prison, which Odin can easily replicate. Where?

So what makes you think the Thunderbolt could fight back then? He had his order, imprison Mordru. He did, and probably got beat up without even being able to fight back.

Sundipped

That wasn't much of a fight imo. Spectre really stomped.
I do agree Odin could perform at least as well tho.

TheGodKiller
That's outright humiliating. Doomlactus oneshotted him IIRC.
While I partially disagree with Galan, the Doom fight was by no means a one-shot defeat for Odin.

abhilegend
What? Re-read the scene:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/15841351_JLA_03102.jpg

I don't see the two even doing anything at all as Spectre breaks free. And it's even said that the Spectre shakes off his chains. Unless that rock contained some specific properties that negatively affected the Spectre, it is a horrible showing. However, I think it's pretty clear that the life on that thing was the real prison, which Odin can easily replicate. Where?

So what makes you think the Thunderbolt could fight back then? He had his order, imprison Mordru. He did, and probably got beat up without even being able to fight back.
Not really. 5-D magic has certain rules to break the magic. Lz made the world so whoever wanted to free the spectre had to kill the whole world to free the spectre. Spectre failing to break the magic which was specifically stated to be the cause of his imprisonment isn't a low showing. The world was just the placement of his imprisonment, not the imprisonment itself. Lawl @ odin imprisoning spectre. That pussy couldn't even beat that purple jobber.

No, jakeen didn't ask T-bolt to stop fighting. He just said to take mordru to his own place of power to fight and there were sign of fighting taking place in the pen.

curryman
Lawl @ odin imprisoning spectre. That pussy couldn't even beat that purple jobber..

Is this a serious argument?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really. 5-D magic has certain rules to break the magic. Lz made the world so whoever wanted to free the spectre had to kill the whole world to free the spectre. Spectre failing to break the magic which was specifically stated to be the cause of his imprisonment isn't a low showing. The world was just the placement of his imprisonment, not the imprisonment itself. Lawl @ odin imprisoning spectre. That pussy couldn't even beat that purple jobber.

No, jakeen didn't ask T-bolt to stop fighting. He just said to take mordru to his own place of power to fight and there were sign of fighting taking place in the pen.

Not really what? Spectre immediately broke free when the inhabitants of that world were dead, either not wanting to kill that life was holding him there or it was one major coincidence, but I don't really believe in those to explain away such a situation. Where are you getting all of this from? It was said Spectre was imprisonment in a thousand mile long rock near the walls of creation or whatever.

What's so funny? Odin can definitely replicate the circumstances of the Spectre's imprisonment. Many entities can. Also, where was it said that the two fought and Spectre lost?

You are taking a lot of liberties with how the Thunderbolt works imo. He gave a command to hit Mordru and he did so. He then told him to imprison Mordru and it happened. From everything I've seen from the Thunderbolt, he's like a directed missile following his latest imputed command.

abhilegend
Not really what? Spectre immediately broke free when the inhabitants of that world were dead, either not wanting to kill that life was holding him there or it was one major coincidence, but I don't really believe in those to explain away such a situation. Where are you getting all of this from? It was said Spectre was imprisonment in a thousand mile long rock near the walls of creation or whatever.

What's so funny? Odin can definitely replicate the circumstances of the Spectre's imprisonment. Many entities can. Also, where was it said that the two fought and Spectre lost?

You are taking a lot of liberties with how the Thunderbolt works imo. He gave a command to hit Mordru and he did so. He then told him to imprison Mordru and it happened. From everything I've seen from the Thunderbolt, he's like a directed missile following his latest imputed command.
It was directly stated that the spectre was bound by 5-d magic and to free him they had to kill the world since Lz knew that any hero who would try to free spectre would never kill that world. Some life-forms imprisoning spectre is outright absurd.

What is laughable that you think Odin can replicate a 5-d imp's feat. I'm not even going to respond to that. Quintessence implied it and angels of pax-dei too.

Jakeem said "Hit mordru till I say no" and there was sign of a fight after bolt took mordru in the pen. You are being purposely obtuse here.

abhilegend
Bump

Galan007
abhi's on a necro-bumping spree. ohhh

Mordru takes this decisively, though.

abhilegend
Bump

beatboks
Originally posted by SevenShackles

I would say if Mordru lasts long enough in battle he has the potential to absorb enough energy to equal Odin. He isnt his level though. I fail to see how he would absorb more when all he has to absorb is Odin

Senor Cage
Mordru is about to get a huge push.

abhilegend
I would say if Mordru lasts long enough in battle he has the potential to absorb enough energy to equal Odin. He isnt his level though. I fail to see how he would absorb more when all he has to absorb is Odin
Why is he not on Odin's level again?

beatboks
Why is he not on Odin's level again?

While Odin only has a few Galaxy level feats all those that Mordru has are after absorbing external power sources to amp. His above galaxy level feats are also from this (like he and Glorith each absorbing half Infinite man and having the power to destroy a universe).

I dont count externally powered feats in a debate. Just as I dont count feats where a character is possessed by a more powerful one as theirs. As you'd be aware I'm a fan of Arion but rate his power much lower than most because I dont include feats where he's
1. Possessed by Mordru
2. Possessed by Morgane Le fey
3. In possession of artifacts he only possessed for a few stories.

There's context behind Mordru's best feats that IMHO dont make them his to own.

abhilegend
While Odin only has a few Galaxy level feats all those that Mordru has are after absorbing external power sources to amp. His above galaxy level feats are also from this (like he and Glorith each absorbing half Infinite man and having the power to destroy a universe).

Odin doesn't has any solo galactic level feats. Mordru has however.

Mordru orchestrates Mysa to gain full power since he was drained by Darkseid. He also gives her enough strength to oneshot J'onn.

https://s6.postimg.cc/5lkpasx9t/LSH43-17.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/w827ww7sh/LSH43-18.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/8v8rs4h2p/LSH44-07.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/3rhi3x5yp/LSH44-08.jpg

Then starts a spell which was warping entire universe. The spell gets broken due to resistance from Mysa but even the broken spell makes the dead rise across the galaxy.

https://s6.postimg.cc/l0xz2ivsh/LSH44-09.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/gmfuftpip/LSH44-10.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/f8o7kiq9d/LSH44-11.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/lmickw1gx/LSH46-01.jpg

Mordru vs Legion and Amethyst. Mordru casually tosses forces of entire stars at legion and defeats Legion+Amethyst. He is beaten when Devilon reflects his own power at Mordru.

https://s6.postimg.cc/6f2d0j9m9/LSH47-17.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/tuka5vtdd/LSH47-18.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/pmphx4rxt/LSH47-19.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/pnzfqjtrl/LSH47-20.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/9e99nnj3l/LSH47-21.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/opj2o9gfl/LSH47-22.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/ebrfmiagh/LSH47-23.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/ft8akbptd/LSH47-24.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/qilzcl1m9/LSH48-02.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/n2yggrtrl/LSH48-03.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/ygkzrz4a9/LSH48-04.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/7mkw6hp4h/LSH48-05.jpg

Beastly.

This was done for Mordru to gain his full power as he was weakened. Not to mention, his followers shrouded entire universe in darkness and it was stated to be less power than Mordru possesses.

After Mordru was drained by Darkseid, his followers engulfed entire universe in darkness to drain the magic from the universe and revive Mordru. White Witch even states that the power which was used is far weaker than Mordru's.

https://s6.postimg.cc/75hb137u5/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-19.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/u9hrtob59/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-20.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/o7a536mp9/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-21.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/tg561254d/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-22.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/bv78poyul/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-24.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/68avs7wbx/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-25.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/sa1629gtp/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-26.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/orp65vfxp/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-27.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/5wtffgfvx/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-32.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/5nvupj33h/Legion_OSHv2-_Annual3-33.jpg

****ing insane.

So maybe you're not aware about Mordru's feats.

leonidas
good bump. will look at this more closely later.

celeyhyga17
Odin doesn't has any solo galactic level feats.

sdurug

abhilegend
Mind showing us that feat?

celeyhyga17
http://oi65.tinypic.com/nnl8b7.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/azgra0.jpg
http://oi66.tinypic.com/2h4l2kh.jpg
http://oi66.tinypic.com/2na8fet.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2d0i635.jpg

Badabing
Bump Warned for bumping a Carver thread, and making everyone sad because Carver is still gone.Originally posted by leonidas
good bump. will look at this more closely later. You are pure evil.

Damborgson
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Beating a galaxy sized super storm into submission isn't a galaxy level feat Cely erm

abhilegend
Yup, the storm is stated to destroy suns and planets. Not galaxies. Originally posted by Damborgson
Beating a galaxy sized super storm into submission isn't a galaxy level feat Cely erm
laughing out loud

Galaxy sized storm (Which only has star level feats by narration and changing a supernova back to a star and was drained completely by bringing Jane back to life). Size ain't everything if you don't have power to match it.

However will Mordru match such a feat. Oh right, he has feats which shit on beating mother storm.

quanchi112
Odin.

Senor Cage
Yup, the storm is stated to destroy suns and planets. Not galaxies.
laughing out loud

Galaxy sized storm (Which only has star level feats by narration and changing a supernova back to a star and was drained completely by bringing Jane back to life). Size ain't everything if you don't have power to match it.

However will Mordru match such a feat. Oh right, he has feats which shit on beating mother storm.

Mordru is about to take down the other kind as well. Or at least try.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
abhidur

Yup, the storm is stated to destroy suns and planets. Not galaxies.
laughing out loud

superdur

abhilegend
abhidur

superdur
laughing out loud

Typical

celeyhyga17
u need help my friend...

lotsa help.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Anyway, Mordru just needs to cast one spell to drain Odin. It worked on Mordru himself who had magic of two universes inside him.

https://i.postimg.cc/R6w7xz3v/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/T59nhqqS/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/4nTM7fQb/image.jpg

leonidas
laughing out loud

wtf? odin defeats a GALAXY sized storm, but it's NOT a galactic level feat....? but i would guess that when kal kent stopped a galaxy moving with tk, THAT's a galactic level feat, amirite?? but the galaxy he stopped wasn't destroying anything, all it was doing was moving. mmm

and a scan through this thread shows.....NOTHING about mordru. literally nothing. where are all the scans supporting mordru is AT odin's level, let alone beyond it. where are all of mordru's 'galactic' (such a STUPID term or gauge....) level feats??

and i did see there is no reason to go back and check out that mordru/infinite man scan you posted in the other thread as ODG did a nice job of busting the myth of that feat. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

wtf? odin defeats a GALAXY sized storm, but it's NOT a galactic level feat....?

ermm

A storm doesn't has the same mass/density of an actual galaxy. Are you sure your IQ doesn't drops every time you argue for Odin?

Even as a tangent this is the worst thing you could cite.

It was moving so fast that it caused ripples across time for centuries. Two galaxies are sometimes millions of lightyears apart in distance, colliding with another galaxy in two hours? So far above lightspeed, its not even funny. The effect of those two galaxies nearly colliding nearly folded entire Hypertime .
http://i.imgur.com/GrzIjQE.jpg
"Every possible universe at once."

You must be wearing those Odin colored glasses.

Mordru orchestrates Mysa to gain full power since he was drained by Darkseid. He also gives her enough strength to oneshot J'onn.
https://s6.postimg.cc/5lkpasx9t/LSH43-17.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/w827ww7sh/LSH43-18.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/3rhi3x5yp/LSH44-08.jpg
Then starts a spell which was warping entire universe. The spell gets broken due to resistance from Mysa but even the broken spell makes the dead rise across the galaxy.
https://s6.postimg.cc/l0xz2ivsh/LSH44-09.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/gmfuftpip/LSH44-10.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/f8o7kiq9d/LSH44-11.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/lmickw1gx/LSH46-01.jpg
Mordru vs Legion and Amethyst. Mordru casually tosses forces of entire stars at legion and defeats Legion+Amethyst. He is beaten when Devilon reflects his own power at Mordru.
https://s6.postimg.cc/6f2d0j9m9/LSH47-17.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/tuka5vtdd/LSH47-18.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/pmphx4rxt/LSH47-19.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/pnzfqjtrl/LSH47-20.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/9e99nnj3l/LSH47-21.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/opj2o9gfl/LSH47-22.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/ebrfmiagh/LSH47-23.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/ft8akbptd/LSH47-24.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/qilzcl1m9/LSH48-02.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/n2yggrtrl/LSH48-03.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/ygkzrz4a9/LSH48-04.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/7mkw6hp4h/LSH48-05.jpg

Let me guess, actually warping entire universe and THEN making dead rise across the whole galaxy by a broken spell is not a galactic level feat.

Makes sense, untill you beat air its not really a feat.

Where? Mind posting the quote because ODG was up in his ass aa usual in that thread.

abhilegend
Anyway, the reign of Mordru was what the actual timeline should have been.

https://i.postimg.cc/zVQWLcwT/RCO020.jpg

Glorith erased it when she became the Time Trapper.
https://i.postimg.cc/tsV6FNDw/RCO022.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/JDRBVVmC/RCO023.jpg

Glorith became Trapper in every sense including creating the pocket universe (after destroying everything else in a full universe).

https://i.postimg.cc/9wZMrLcY/RCO024.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/kBPGkPy1/RCO025.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/Wd231mC0/RCO026.jpg

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16624862/Action_Comics_591_-_08.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16624864/AdventuresOfSuperman444p04and05.jpg.html

Yet Mordru stalemated Glorith until both were weakened greatly.

https://s6.postimg.cc/5xbsyf9f1/lsh_v4_ann_1_043.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/vu5hb1d2l/lsh_v4_ann_1_044.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/fbmbvyezx/lsh_v4_ann_1_045.jpg https://s6.postimg.cc/u8uswys8d/lsh_v4_ann_1_046.jpg

So Mordru has universal level feats several times and has beaten or stalemated Time Trapper and Infinite Man but he doesn't has Odin level feats.

Makes sense!

celeyhyga17
Not sure why ure so hung up on "galactic level" showings. Nyways, Odin put the universe back together after fighting Infinity. We all know Infinity was a corrupted portion of himself that was tapping into the actual Infinity's power. Blah blah blah...… Pretty sure we've gone through all this crap before.

beatboks
Odin doesn't has any solo galactic level feats. Mordru has however.

This was done for Mordru to gain his full power as he was weakened. Not to mention, his followers shrouded entire universe in darkness and it was stated to be less power than Mordru possesses.

So maybe you're not aware about Mordru's feats.
So as a counter argument to my stating I'm not counting feats of Mordru amped on or having absorbed the power of others you give us a wall of scans of feats doing just that?

In scan 3 of your second block of scans it has Mordru clearly state on panel that Mysa lives in him his power flows thru him. In the fist panel of the third block of scans the same he days that Mysa's power is MERGED with his.

The question of the thread isnt who can absorb the most power its who possesses the most. Its not who wins in a battle but who possesses inately within themselves more power. Not a single scan you've shown in the last page or so is solely Mordru's inate power. Every single one is of him having absorbed some external power to amp himself

abhilegend
So as a counter argument to my stating I'm not counting feats of Mordru amped on or having absorbed the power of others you give us a wall of scans of feats doing just that?

In scan 3 of your second block of scans it has Mordru clearly state on panel that Mysa lives in him his power flows thru him. In the fist panel of the third block of scans the same he days that Mysa's power is MERGED with his.

The question of the thread isnt who can absorb the most power its who possesses the most. Its not who wins in a battle but who possesses inately within themselves more power. Not a single scan you've shown in the last page or so is solely Mordru's inate power. Every single one is of him having absorbed some external power to amp himself
As always you've tied yourself in a knot. Mordru was weakened by the sorcerers draining his powers. Hence why after draining Mysa he stated that he is back at full power.

"The power, my full power is returning".

Do you have some kind of reading deficiency?

abhilegend
Not sure why ure so hung up on "galactic level" showings. Nyways, Odin put the universe back together after fighting Infinity. We all know Infinity was a corrupted portion of himself that was tapping into the actual Infinity's power. Blah blah blah...… Pretty sure we've gone through all this crap before.
Odin was amped throughout the arc as per the arc and it wasn't the whole universe. It was a few planets.

Mordru transformimg entire universe shits on that easily.

celeyhyga17
Odin was amped throughout the arc as per the arc and it wasn't the whole universe. It was a few planets.

Mordru transformimg entire universe shits on that easily.
facepalm

abhilegend
facepalm
Universe was never even mentioned when Odin restored the worlds.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mTKEa9lJVj0/VnpihSI8hmI/AAAAAAAAQ6c/Ccmuzy3gSYc/s1600-Ic42/RCO018.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-peKb0JlFJyg/VnpihaNej_I/AAAAAAAAQ6c/60V0ANz1Yd4/s1600-Ic42/RCO019.jpg

Lying once again, eh?

celeyhyga17
Jeezuz Christ abhi, your own scan shows he "restored" "every world". Smh..

Every planet or galaxy or wutever you wanna call it that was affected by his fight with Infinity was "restored". I thought the story was pretty clear on what was happening to the cosmos. They were causing upheaval across the universe...

Anyways here you go. Not sure why I'm posting this, but I'm sure ure gonna come up with some cockamamie explanation why it doesn't count. erm

http://oi63.tinypic.com/23r7d5w.jpg

abhilegend
Jeezuz Christ abhi, your own scan shows he "restored" "every world". Smh..

Every planet or galaxy or wutever you wanna call it that was affected by his fight with Infinity was "restored". I thought the story was pretty clear on what was happening to the cosmos. They were causing upheaval across the universe...

Anyways here you go. Not sure why I'm posting this, but I'm sure ure gonna come up with some cockamamie explanation why it doesn't count. erm

http://oi63.tinypic.com/23r7d5w.jpg
Haha, what? The comic says it was just worlds, the index said it was only planets but one line makes it universal?

https://s6.postimg.cc/r02w3u641/aven64.jpg

Not to mention its flat out retconned as Odin being amped.

https://i.postimg.cc/pLQSS9Kf/image.jpg

"A tiny fraction of her powers was tapped by Earth God Odin".

It's a useless feat all around.

celeyhyga17
Ughh.... This is cringeworthy.

Infinity... The big bad in that arc was a portion of Odin that was corrupted by Hela. If you read the flashback, Hela removes this sliver of Infinity that he previously abosorbed. Yeah so that pretty much confirms Odin battled a part of himself that was using a fraction of power from the real Infinity.

Also note where it states, "the Universe stands at the verge of destruction".

abhilegend
Ughh.... This is cringeworthy.

Infinity... The big bad in that arc was a portion of Odin that was corrupted by Hela. If you read the flashback, Hela removes this sliver of Infinity that he previously abosorbed. Yeah so that pretty much confirms Odin battled a part of himself that was using a fraction of power from the real Infinity.

Also note where it states, "the Universe stands at the verge of destruction".
The flashback never said "Infinity was tapping a portion of Infinity's power".

It was Odin who was tapping into the power of Infinity.

Universe was on the verge of destruction due to Odin Sword being drawn from its scabbard. Not due to Odin and Infinity.

celeyhyga17
The flashback never said "Infinity was tapping a portion of Infinity's power".

It was Odin who was tapping into the power of Infinity.

Universe was on the verge of destruction due to Odin Sword being drawn from its scabbard. Not due to Odin and Infinity.
The handbook later clarified that retcon you mentioned. Hela drew "the sliver of Infinity that he(Odin) previously absorbed(while in Odin sleep)".
http://oi67.tinypic.com/33xk5rp.jpg

And yes, it was Universal upheaval. Read the story again.

In any case, that's all I will say about this.

leonidas
yeah, he's gonna force me to report him. it says, in BLACK AND WHITE, hela REMOVED A SLIVER of INFINITY from odin, and that is what odin battled. what the honest to gawd f***? he thinks the infinity part STAYED in him and he battled only half his own power?? that would be even worse for him as it would be odin+infinity vs just the odin power. or maybe hela removed the sliver, separated it from the odin power then set only the odin power free to ravage the universe?? i don't even have words for this idiocy. it has gone beyond lowballing to outright trolling and i've had my fill of it.

that would be even BETTER for odin. his power+infinity vs his own power.

and again, WTF??? it was literally said a hundred times in the arc that infinity was a universal threat. it's....not debatable. the sword was coming loose BECAUSE infinity was going to fulfill the prophecy. geez abhi, and you bring up IQ? when i was 10 i understood this story better than you do NOW. of course, i didn't have an agenda....

and odg busted the infinite man scan about 2 pages back. you bumped the thread and didn't read it? clearly, since you also didn't realize that until you posted your recent scans there wasn't a single mordru scan in the thread....

i'll check out your scans more closely since clearly your comprehension is...not very good. stop trolling and misrepresenting abhi. more sh!t of this level WILL be reported.

Rage.Of.Olympus

This is backwards. The Odin Sword was leaving its scabbard because the Universe was nearing destruction. It was a symbiotic relationship: Drawing the Odinsword would destroy the Universe, but Universal destruction was signalled by the Odinsword leaving the scabbard.

This is very clearly specified in the comic.

I don't mind a difference of opinion or lowballing, you can call Odin street-level for all I care, but like Leo, I think this should be a reportable offence. You're just flat out lying and trolling.

This is the hill I will choose to die on you fiend. You, me and leo in a three-way cage match.

One Big Mob
This is the line in the sand. We won't put up with it anymore and you've gone too far you maniac. Petitions will be signed if you continue.

celeyhyga17
I got yer back Abhi. They're just a bunch of stinkin Canucks.

One Big Mob
Keep Canadians off of KMC imo. You can put my signature on there too.

leonidas
canada v all. i like our odds. thumb up

abhilegend
The handbook later clarified that retcon you mentioned. Hela drew "the sliver of Infinity that he(Odin) previously absorbed(while in Odin sleep)".
http://oi67.tinypic.com/33xk5rp.jpg

And yes, it was Universal upheaval. Read the story again.

In any case, that's all I will say about this.
laughing out loud

So typical. Concession accepted.

abhilegend
yeah, he's gonna force me to report him. it says, in BLACK AND WHITE, hela REMOVED A SLIVER of INFINITY from odin, and that is what odin battled. what the honest to gawd f***? he thinks the infinity part STAYED in him and he battled only half his own power??

Yes, that's what it says there and in Infinity's handbook entry too. You don't like it? Couldn't care less.

Odin absorbed the Infinity's power and then restored planets.

Right, it was only enough to destroy a few planets.

Odinsword never destroyed any universe when it was drawn from its scabbard. It was removed because Asgard's ragnarok was coming.

Infinity only destroyed a few planets, that's a fact. Universal threat? Pretty much every cosmic villain ever has been called a universal threat.

If he did (which he didn't), why aren't you posting the quote? Or the scan?

Oh right, you can't. It's never busted to begin with.

Stop wasting my time if this is the best you can do. I expected better but alas, you're verging on being Rage level fanboyism.

abhilegend
This is backwards. The Odin Sword was leaving its scabbard because the Universe was nearing destruction. It was a symbiotic relationship: Drawing the Odinsword would destroy the Universe, but Universal destruction was signalled by the Odinsword leaving the scabbard.

I don't mind a difference of opinion or lowballing, you can call Odin street-level for all I care, but like Leo, I think this should be a reportable offence. You're just flat out lying and trolling.

This is the hill I will choose to die on you fiend. You, me and leo in a three-way cage match.

Hey idiot, Odinsword was literally retconned as having a curse due to which only Asgard will die if removed by anything other than Odin himself.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p5ZzZZQlRi0/VnpzPaHrjGI/AAAAAAAAV3Q/uwsIF2SlsFU/s1600-Ic42/RCO018.jpg

You're arguing for something which is obsolete in both power and relevance. It's retconned to shit now.

abhilegend
canada v all. i like our odds. thumb up
I will take on every Odin fanboy out there at once, bring it on.

beatboks
As always you've tied yourself in a knot. Mordru was weakened by the sorcerers draining his powers. Hence why after draining Mysa he stated that he is back at full power.

"The power, my full power is returning".

Do you have some kind of reading deficiency?

The sorcerers drained an amped Mordru. One who had absorbed sorcerers world.

Its a simple enough thing to prove. Simply show Mordru at this level when he HASN'T absorbed any power from anywhere else. He has almost zero feats without outside absorbed power in any era.

Vs the JSA in his first fight when Hecter 1st became Fate he had killed and absorbed the power of many lords of order and Chaos and used this power to kill Jarred (fate) to release and recreate the artifacts of Fate.

Again vs them he absorbed the starheart and another fight the vestments of Fate themselves.

Vs Shazam on ROE he absorbed power of ROE.

Absorbed sorcerers world, half the magic in the universe, the power of Arion, the power of the gem world sorcerer he bonded to his own soul.

I'm not saying he wouldnt win in a fight. Of he last long enough he will absorb enough of Odin's power to close the SMALL disparity between his and Odins and gain a power edge. The fact is when he possessed Arion he also stated he once had much greater power BUT he has no showings of this

Damborgson
I will take on every Odin fanboy out there at once, bring it on.

But are you brave enough to do it where it matters ? 🤔

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hey idiot, Odinsword was literally retconned as having a curse due to which only Asgard will die if removed by anything other than Odin himself.

You're arguing for something which is obsolete in both power and relevance. It's retconned to shit now.

1) That scan said withdrawing the Odinsword would "render the fabric of Infinity." not "only Asgard will die".

2) That entire retelling by the Odin-eye and the retcon that Asgard was only 2000 years old in the current interpretation was immediately retconned and cast into doubt by Walter Simonson when he took over Roy Thomas when Buri recounted the origin of the Odin Force. So in fact, YOUR scan was re-retconned. laughing out loud

3) Whether the Odinsword can destroy the entire Marvel Universe by being unsheathed or not is beside the point. YOU argued that it was the reason the Universe was in peril. If the Odinsword being unsheathed did not imperil the Universe, then clearly the fight with Odin and Infinity did so.

If you want to lie and be obtuse, that's fine, but please stick to conversing with the ignorant and the lazy. Why the f*ck are you trying to bullshit me on the intricacies of Thor's history?

no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
I've come to the conclusion Abhilgend just throws shit at the wall when debating. He literally just jumps from one point to the other, in an attempt to confuse you with sheer stupidity.

xJLxKing
I've come to the conclusion Abhilgend just throws shit at the wall when debating. He literally just jumps from one point to the other, in an attempt to confuse you with sheer stupidity.
Isn't this the go to method for majority of members here debating?
By the end of the debate, it doesn't even resemble what got the debated started.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not always.

When I debated ODG, Bran, Leo, Smurph, yourself, or even...Carver there would disagreement. Maybe some confusion. Even name calling, but there was consistency. We would often go on tangents, maybe lose what we're talking about originally because we found something new to disagree about, but there would be a....flow.

abhilegend
The sorcerers drained an amped Mordru. One who had absorbed sorcerers world.

Wut? That's Mordru's default power level.

Why would I need to do that when the comic specifically states that this was his full power returning abd he wasn't amped.

He killed lords of order and chaos but wasn't absorbing power from them.

He had taken over Hector's body only. It wasn't an amp.

Never happened.

He only took over Arion's body, was never stated or shown to be amped.

You've obviously made your mind and now are just twisting facts to suit your own views.

He is absolutely at least as powerful as Odin. I mean seriously, this is just garbage.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
But are you brave enough to do it where it matters ? 🤔
Huh?

abhilegend
1) That scan said withdrawing the Odinsword would "render the fabric of Infinity." not "only Asgard will die".

If by "render the fabric of Infinity" you mean that he would die, sure.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bKfk7F6G3Wc/VnpzNNNbkwI/AAAAAAAAV3Q/iXSyQVXzPQ4/s1600-Ic42/RCO004.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4tdS61iryMc/VnpzM-0q0kI/AAAAAAAAV3Q/lWn4pBtPwus/s1600-Ic42/RCO003.jpg

But the origin of Odinsword was never changed and that's why Ragnarok cycles were invented to explain the inconsistency in Asgardian history.

You think Legion history is messed up? Thor's history is pretty much shit.

It's only indicator to asgardian ragnarok after it was retconned.

But hey, show us where it actually destroyed the universe. Because as Leo said, narration means nothing without feats on panel.

Because you're yourself deluded over Thor's history.

abhilegend
Projecting too much, eh?

beatboks
Wut? That's Mordru's default power level.

Why would I need to do that when the comic specifically states that this was his full power returning abd he wasn't amped.

He killed lords of order and chaos but wasn't absorbing power from them.

Its always amusing. In one breath you quote what it says on panel (when contradicted elsewhere in the story) and then claim something "stated on panel never happened.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6852797-rco006.jpg
Here its stated on panel he did absorb their power.
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6852798-rco024.jpg just im case there was any doubt which dark lord we were referring to he showed up to stom JSA thwarting him at the end of the same issue (JSA 2)

The first time he fought the JSA he camento take their vestments to obtain their power
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6852796-rco010.jpg
Second time he was in his own body wearing the vestments. He took over Kent V later (and was still amped by it if marginally)

That would be like he never absorbed the power of the lords he killed right.

OHHH that would ve why as soon as Arion's spirit was able to sever his connection to his body Mordru was weakened enough for the JSA to beat, right? Of course weve had this discussion before on ICT and you'll never concede the point even if I do post the scans

I'm a fan of Mordru along with Brainwave, Ultra and Per Degaton he's one of my favorite villains (the 4 that give the JSA the hardest time). I just try to keep my fanboyism out of how I judge these things unlike some

One Big Mob
How can Mordru be the Dark Lord if his skin is pasty white?

DarkSaint85
Only pasty white characters can Lord it over Darks.

qwertyuiop1998
not fully reading this thread,just about that jsa part i have different understanding
mordru killed those agents and absorbing them power,but later mordru obtained these power didnt vanish or something iirc,so i perspective is mordru power upgraded,not amped.
and also hourman use time-vision to mordru,he attempt devolve mordru to an age he is not so powerful,and not working.find out mordrus timeline neither have beginning nor an end.so this maybe implied this is mordru supposed be power
of course,this just my personal thought
https://i.imgur.com/Pc1axFH.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>