Green Latern different actor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
If Ben Affleck had played Hal Jordan do you think the movie would have been any better? I felt like Van Wilder was the wrong choice and everything he said seemed he was trying to make a joke and none of it was that funny,

Supra
The movie had potential and screwed it all up...I dont get it. Why make a movie at all if its trash.

-Pr-
The casting of Hal Jordan wasn't the problem, imo. Reynolds would have fit the part fine, if not for the script being what it was.

Supra
Originally posted by -Pr-
The casting of Hal Jordan wasn't the problem, imo. Reynolds would have fit the part fine, if not for the script being what it was.

Every actor though can bring something different to the table though, even the script. Like in Django Unchained, when Calvin Candie cut his hand at the last supper that was actually not supposed to happen but he went with the bloody mess and it turned out really good. My thinking is that if Ben had been there he has enough clout to say no no lets do this different. I really liked him as Daredevil so I think he could have done a good Hal. What about you?

-Pr-
I like Affleck as an actor. I don't think, however, that he would have done any better than Reynolds, who to me is a solid actor.

In the scenes where Hal is just being Hal, I thought Reynolds was good.

Supra
I like Affleck as an actor. I don't think, however, that he would have done any better than Reynolds, who to me is a solid actor.

In the scenes where Hal is just being Hal, I thought Reynolds was good.

Did you like the movie overall or was it disappointing you?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Supra
Did you like the movie overall or was it disappointing you?

There were things I liked about it, but I still ended up disappointed. There were several comic arcs they could have used as a guideline, but in the end I felt like they were trying to cram too much in to it.

Kazenji
They should'eve just stuck with using Green Lantern: Secret Origin, Parallax wasn't needed for the movie.

Supra
Originally posted by Kazenji
They should'eve just stuck with using Green Lantern: Secret Origin, Parallax wasn't needed for the movie.

Whats Green Lantern: Secret Origin?

Kazenji
His origin....duh.

-Pr-
It was a redone origin for Green Lantern that took place after the Sinestro Corps crossover. It's pretty good imo, and you can buy it in trade.

That's the actual, polite answer.

Supra
It was a redone origin for Green Lantern that took place after the Sinestro Corps crossover. It's pretty good imo, and you can buy it in trade.

That's the actual, polite answer.

OK thanks Ill try to pick it up tomorrow

Kazenji
The copy that i got has a introduction from Ryan Reynolds in it.

Supra
Originally posted by Kazenji
The copy that i got has a introduction from Ryan Reynolds in it.

laughing

JayDaDon
IMO Chris Pine would be a great Hal Jordan

Kazenji
Originally posted by Supra
laughing

And that's funny how?

BruceSkywalker
Affleck wold have stunk up the place even more.. Green Lantern was crap, the acting, direction, script all crap....

roughrider
Ben Affleck didn't help Daredevil be a better film, though he himself wasn't the problem; it was so much of the rest of the movie. Green Lantern had the same problem. Ryan Reynolds was fine - it was the the movie that that butchered itself at the story level and the final film editing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.