The Blacklist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/12/james-spader-blacklist-trailer/

^ With James Spader, great actor from Boston Legal. It's prolly gonna get canceled, but I'm looking forward to it.

FreeNetflix
Boston Legal used to be my favorite show

Major_Lexington
thats a real problem, I try not to watch many shows unless I'm sure it will get renewed, so many good shows cancelled in recent years.

Darth Vicious
I really liked the first episode but still have reservation being an NBC show. Longer seasons, more filler episodes etc. I've gotten used to seasons being between 10-13 episodes. They would have to stretch their material to fit 24 episode seasons.

-Pr-
What would be an ordinary show, imo, gets seriously elevated because of James Spader, and some interesting twists early on. Looking forward to more, personally.

Darth Vicious
James Spader is the reason I watched it. He does not disappoints. Anybody else thing the special agent girl is his daughter?

Entity
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
James Spader is the reason I watched it. He does not disappoints. Anybody else thing the special agent girl is his daughter? Yes but its being practically thrown at our faces. So possibly but also possibly a huge misdirect to major curve ball.

Even though predictable and done to death I do prefer the daughter plot. wink

samhain
Looks like a rip-off of The Following to me, which wasn't exactly full of originality itself.

samhain
DL'ing eps 1-3 now though, so I am prepared to give it a go.

80sBaby
Originally posted by samhain
Looks like a rip-off of The Following to me, which wasn't exactly full of originality itself.
It's nothing like the Following. More like Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal.

BruceSkywalker
This is undoubtedly the best new show of the season..

Spader kills it with each episode.. I look forward to this each and every monday.

glad it got a back nine order for a full and complete season

samhain
Originally posted by 80sBaby
It's nothing like the Following. More like Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal.

?

BruceSkywalker
this is a great show.. the chemistry between spader and boone is astounding

Mindset
Does it get better after the first episode, because that was horrible.

Wei Phoenix
I like is so far, main problem with the first episode is that it was practically spoiled by NBC themselves with their 4 minute sneak peek. The one with the Stewmaker and the parable of the farmer was pretty good

Stealth Moose
Yeah, the spoilers ruined a lot of the good moments from the first episode, but the others have been pretty good. The best part is Spader's character who is morally grey and a wild card. I suspect that he'll be playing all the angles by season's end, only we'll be more in the know.

Lestov16
I am marathoning this show on Netflix right now. I love it. It's like Alias but with the tone of 24. Spader kills it as Red.

BruceSkywalker
i cannot wait to watch on monday

Lestov16
Well, I'm done with the first season via Netflix. An extremely entertaining watch. I'm about to watch the S2 episodes tonight/this weekend and should be all caught up for Monday.

Lestov16
Now I am all caught up. Mondays just got good again smile

riv6672
Spader's nuanced performance sold this show for me.
Je can be over the top and chewing the scenery, or just act with his eyes, and a look.

Lestov16
Spader was an excellent casting choice. Like the actress who portrays Liz as well.

AbnormalButSane
I've just started watching this. I have enjoyed Spader's work in the past, so I'm hoping this won't disappoint.

riv6672
This latest episode was very fun to watch.
Spader, and the rest of the cast really, were in fine form. Its rare to have such a well balanced cast. Everyone makes the best of whatever screen time they have to seem really integral to the plot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.