Dcnu Superman vs anyone in strenght feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who in Marvel or DC have strength feats that matched Supes earth benching five day feat while being deprived of sun energy?

JakeTheBank
Nobody, at least when it comes to quantifiable feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What Jake said. There are obviously better, more impressive feats, but that's the best in terms of a real number.

abhilegend
Certainly not thor.
ha-som

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Certainly not thor.
ha-som

You bring up Thor more often then I bring up Thor or Superman put together, I swear. Maybe should you take my sig, you seem to be such a big fan.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You bring up Thor more often then I bring up Thor or Superman put together, I swear. Maybe should you take my sig, you seem to be such a big fan.
laughing out loud

You are slipping rage.

Stoic
The Hulk's Sakaar saving feat certainly comes to mind as equally as impressive. After all he was able to lift far more than the Earths weight by overpowering the explosion that would have ripped the planet apart.

Hyperion's latest feat comes to mind as well, and in my opinion lays Superman's bench pressing feat straight down on it's face and takes a giant sh1t on it.

JakeTheBank
It's not so much that Superman was able to bench the weight of the Earth, but rather that he was able to do so for five days straight while deprived of solar radiation. It's as much an endurance/durability feat as it is a strength feat.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's not so much that Superman was able to bench the weight of the Earth, but rather that he was able to do so for five days straight while deprived of solar radiation. It's as much an endurance/durability feat as it is a strength feat.

Superman could likely bench the weight of Jupiter, but there are others that could do this as well. Just saying.

lawest9
It's not so much that Superman was able to bench the weight of the Earth, but rather that he was able to do so for five days straight while deprived of solar radiation. It's as much an endurance/durability feat as it is a strength feat. Agreed, as one poster mentioned green skaar's feat of stopping a planet tearing explosion, Hulks strength was on the increase to do that while Supes was being deprived of strength giving sun light, so I still say that Supes feat tops Hulks.

lawest9
Originally posted by Stoic
Superman could likely bench the weight of Jupiter, but there are others that could do this as well. Just saying. Like who else while being deprived of their energy source and was likely getting weaker?

JakeTheBank
Again, him lifting the weight in of itself isn't as impressive for how long he did it and under the conditions he did it in.

abhilegend
The Hulk's Sakaar saving feat certainly comes to mind as equally as impressive. After all he was able to lift far more than the Earths weight by overpowering the explosion that would have ripped the planet apart.

Hyperion's latest feat comes to mind as well, and in my opinion lays Superman's bench pressing feat straight down on it's face and takes a giant sh1t on it.
Hulk only manipulated the tectonic plates of skaar which were falling apart. In hyperion's care, it was apparently not strength at all as he wasn't touching the planets.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk only manipulated the tectonic plates of skaar which were falling apart. In hyperion's care, it was apparently not strength at all as he wasn't touching the planets.

If it wasn't a strength feat, then what was it exactly? Telekinesis? It literally said he held the worlds apart until they broke:
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Avengers004-Zone-013_zps6b4c320d.jpg

I think the intention was clear but that's just me. Either way, it's one ridiculous showing. The incursion points were the contact points for each respective Universe.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Hyperion had to literally be touching the planets. Just like when Steve used the Infinity Gauntlet, he wasn't directly touching the planet, there seems to be some kind of separation between the two Universes:
http://s593.photobucket.com/user/Max_Eisenhardt/media/NewAvengers003-Zone-018_zps528e2679.jpg.html

Zack Fair
It's not so much that Superman was able to bench the weight of the Earth, but rather that he was able to do so for five days straight while deprived of solar radiation. It's as much an endurance/durability feat as it is a strength feat. thumb up

abhilegend
If it wasn't a strength feat, then what was it exactly? Telekinesis? It literally said he held the worlds apart until they broke:
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Avengers004-Zone-013_zps6b4c320d.jpg

I think the intention was clear but that's just me. Either way, it's one ridiculous showing. The incursion points were the contact points for each respective Universe.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Hyperion had to literally be touching the planets. Just like when Steve used the Infinity Gauntlet, he wasn't directly touching the planet, there seems to be some kind of separation between the two Universes:
http://s593.photobucket.com/user/Max_Eisenhardt/media/NewAvengers003-Zone-018_zps528e2679.jpg.html
Who knows? Hickman indicated its not a pure strength feat either. I'm not denying its ridiculousness but comparing IG not touching planets to hyperion not touching planets is silly. One isn't a strength feat at all and the other is being touted as strength feat.

carver9
Good post Rage...it clearly states he HELD the planet's apart which was the center of two universes pushing against each other. One of the best strength fts I've seen in a long time...hell, don't think there is one better.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Who knows? Hickman indicated its not a pure strength feat either. I'm not denying its ridiculousness but comparing IG not touching planets to hyperion not touching planets is silly. One isn't a strength feat at all and the other is being touted as strength feat.

Where was that said? I've read every issue and the feat wasn't even mentioned again.

Why wouldn't it be touted as a strength feat? Strength is his primary offensive power and that's seemed to be what was used. My point is that there seems to be some kind of unseen barrier between incursion points that can be pushed on apparently. Maybe he could interact with it physically through some kind of energy manipulation.

Me personally? I think this is just unnecessary analysis on both our parts. It says he held the worlds apart until they broke, very simple.

abhilegend
Where was that said? I've read every issue and the feat wasn't even mentioned again.

Why wouldn't it be touted as a strength feat? Strength is his primary offensive power and that's seemed to be what was used. My point is that there seems to be some kind of unseen barrier between incursion points that can be pushed on apparently. Maybe he could interact with it physically through some kind of energy manipulation.

Me personally? I think this is just unnecessary analysis on both our parts. It says he held the worlds apart until they broke, very simple.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14173400& amp;highlight=Hickman+userid%3A110322#post14173400

He said that on CBR too.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see who's right.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14173400& amp;highlight=Hickman+userid%3A110322#post14173400

He said that on CBR too.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see who's right.

That is some vague shit, bro but okay. I'm going to go with strength and some possible extra-abilities (Tacticle telekinesis, energy manipulation or something) until more info.

abhilegend
That is some vague shit, bro but okay. I'm going to go with strength and some possible extra-abilities (Tacticle telekinesis, energy manipulation or something) until more info.
Works for me.

carver9
He also said Hulk is the strongest member on the Avengers but people didn't want to accept it. He even said Hulk is above captain U. We can't pick and choose here.

Zack Fair
IMO he can say whatever he wants. He ain't stronger than Hyperion until he does something like that.

Diesldude
Hyperion's is more a durability feat instead of strength feat.

The 2 worlds were getting pushed towards each other. We dont know if he world have resisted the force of the 2 universes or the weight of the 2 planets if they hadn't crumbled. He made an attempt to keep them apart, we dont know if he would have been successful or how much strength he applied because the planets crumbled. If someone can bench press a weight for 5 days straight they can double, triple, quadruple that weight for a single rep.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
IMO he can say whatever he wants. He ain't stronger than Hyperion until he does something like that.

A mind controlled Hulk already matched him.

lawest9
Originally posted by Diesldude

The 2 worlds were getting pushed towards each other. We dont know if he world have resisted the force of the 2 universes or the weight of the 2 planets if they hadn't crumbled. He made an attempt to keep them apart, we dont know if he would have been successful or how much strength he applied because the planets crumbled. If someone can bench press a weight for 5 days straight they can double, triple, quadruple that weight for a single rep. Yep, Supes feat is pretty difficult to beat among high heralds.

Branlor Swift
Yeah, Hyperion takes a giant shit on Superman's feat

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
He also said Hulk is the strongest member on the Avengers but people didn't want to accept it. He even said Hulk is above captain U. We can't pick and choose here. ...didn't you recently see someone disproving that statement, or at least substantiating how dubious the opinion was?

i swear it was less than 24 hours ago

Zack Fair
Originally posted by psycho gundam
...didn't you recently see someone disproving that statement, or at least substantiating how dubious the opinion was?

i swear it was less than 24 hours ago It was bran iircOriginally posted by carver9
A mind controlled Hulk already matched him. LoL wha? You mean that little fight where he made Hulk revert to banner?

I didn't mean in a fight. I meant an actual feat like Hyperion's.

Mindset
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah, Hyperion takes a giant shit on Superman's feat thumb up

ODG
Yeah, Hyperion takes a giant shit on Superman's feat thumb up

The guy quite literally held two universes apart. Until they collapsed. Benching a planet's weight for days on end is one thing... this was something else on an entirely different magnitude.

Philosophía
Nobody thumb up This, more or less. At least as far as the upper limit being high-herald is concerned .

Hyperion holding two planets apart until they crumbled due to the pressure of the two Universes moving towards eachother is basically the best 'planetary feat' Marvel has at this level.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
thumb up

The guy quite literally held two universes apart. Until they collapsed. Benching a planet's weight for days on end is one thing... this was something else on an entirely different magnitude.

This.

curryman
Hercules holding up the sky?

I guess that's not really quantifiable.

jimbojankins

Hyperion's latest feat comes to mind as well, and in my opinion lays Superman's bench pressing feat straight down on it's face and takes a giant sh1t on it. hyperions feat was impressive, however, I've read somewhere on kmc that universes are made of fluff.

carver9
That's like me saying "the machine Superman was hooked onto was made out of cheap aluminum".

ODG

Naija boy
Worldbreakers tops it, but barring that, probably Hyperions planet pushing comes closest in terms of reasonably quantifiable feats in recent memory. Really wacky old school feats like Drax pulling out the core of a star also top it.

deathlife
How about Thor pushing back the World Engine?

Isn't that a pure strength feat?

Eel O'Brien

The 2 worlds were getting pushed towards each other. We dont know if he world have resisted the force of the 2 universes or the weight of the 2 planets if they hadn't crumbled. He made an attempt to keep them apart, we dont know if he would have been successful or how much strength he applied because the planets crumbled. If someone can bench press a weight for 5 days straight they can double, triple, quadruple that weight for a single rep.

Agreed. If I'm bench pressing and drop the weight on my chest; I'm still technically hold the bench and bar apart. (unless my torso collapses)

Hyp's feat could be looked at as strength, but could also easily be looked at as durability. The fact that no insight is given into the exact forces at play makes it hard to judge.

yaadaveyaa
i think someone explained this yesterday but i didnt know... what about trion juggs punching thru deminsions i think someone said this wasnt out of strength? i forget tho i think this would b unbelievably impressive if its a str feat

lawest9
Bump.

snowdragon
Didn't Hullk seperate matter from anti-matter using his hands? Where does that fall into quantifiable feats?

I don't know if anyone asked but did anyone see how many times he pressed earth, once, twenty times etc left unknown?

Zack Fair
How do you quantify that Hulk feat?

No specific number. He was simply stated as having been doing it five days straight. I doubt it would only be one time.

Rage.Of.Olympus

vince_slice
"The earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean. He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us."

JakeTheBank
The funny thing is we all know that Hyperion's feat, great as it no matter how you want to slice it, will never equate into him hitting significantly harder than the likes of Hulk or Thor or whatever top end brick/powerhouse they'll be pushing in the coming months.

ODG
The funny thing is we all know that Hyperion's feat, great as it no matter how you want to slice it, will never equate into him hitting significantly harder than the likes of Hulk or Thor or whatever top end brick/powerhouse they'll be pushing in the coming months. Same thing basically applies to DCnU Superman's planetary benching. Strictly speaking, it should have elevated him quite a bit... then we saw what happened in Throne of Atlantis.

But this sort of thing has been happening for decades on end to all characters, both major and minor.

leonidas
meh, i'm not a fan of hype's feat. to me, there is too little shown. feels to me like too much is missing. if the feat were as simple as him standing between to universes and pushing them apart, it feels like there should have been a much clearer picture of it. it seems deliberately vague to me and i don't really trust it tbh. even if it did, that would mean i could easily sub in a host of other heroes from both universes to perform the same feat because hype's history clearly tells us he is NOT the strongest guy out there. be like wonderman suddenly keeping the planets together (though hype is a little stronger than simon, you get my point). either way, i'm very 'meh' about the feat. hopefully more info will be forthcoming about it. as it stands, it's an outlier for me, certainly not characteristic of his level.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ODG
Same thing basically applies to DCnU Superman's planetary benching. Strictly speaking, it should have elevated him quite a bit... then we saw what happened in Throne of Atlantis.

But this sort of thing has been happening for decades on end to all characters, both major and minor.

thumb up

With Superman, in that same issue, his strength as far as striking force was equated to mountain shattering.

Lifting/pushing/etc. feats are all great, but they hardly ever, translate directly into characters hitting that hard or explicitly using planetary strength in combat. Not that every fight needs to be planetary scale or have collateral damage to indicate power being used, of course.

ODG
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, i'm not a fan of hype's feat. to me, there is too little shown. feels to me like too much is missing. if the feat were as simple as him standing between to universes and pushing them apart, it feels like there should have been a much clearer picture of it. it seems deliberately vague to me and i don't really trust it tbh. There really isn't anything ambiguous about the narration, "By the time the worlds were about to touch, he was all that remained of them. Hyperion held them apart... until the worlds broke. The cascading energy collapsing two entire universes. And everything died. Everything... except him." Or about the ramifications of said act when Reed explicated what Cap was doing in New Avengers #3, "That Earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean. He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..." Hyperion held two universes apart that were merging, until they collapsed around him. He couldn't stop the incursion, like Cap w/IG. Or reverse it. But he stood in the gap and held. Originally posted by leonidas
even if it did, that would mean i could easily sub in a host of other heroes from both universes to perform the same feat because hype's history clearly tells us he is NOT the strongest guy out there. be like wonderman suddenly keeping the planets together (though hype is a little stronger than simon, you get my point). either way, i'm very 'meh' about the feat. hopefully more info will be forthcoming about it. In other words, IDLI, IDH. Originally posted by leonidas
as it stands, it's an outlier for me, certainly not characteristic of his level. Obviously. But derivative supporting characters are allowed to have high feats also. When Superman Prime survived a universe buster, the forum's collective heart was aflutter with only a few trolls trying to act like it didn't happen. Hyperion virtually doubles that feat and only a few acknowledge it and most of the conversation revolves around people hoping (not so subtly) that some future story twist reversal will nullify the feat.

xJLxKing
As far as strength is concerned no one in the high herald or lower tier can compete with Superman in terms of strength in feats. Sorry but him lifting a book which is infinite in weight is well high feat. Granted there are a few who have decent feats that can compare but the sheer number is just not there.

Diesldude
Can anyone lift a 1000lb ball of jello?
make that 2 and put yourself in between them as they move towards each other. Once they push against you they will break down. That's what Hyperion did. He was in-between the 2 planets as they moved close to each other. Hyperion is harder than the planets but there is no proof that he pushed back 2 planet weights.

psycho gundam
except that's what it says on panel. they crumbled before he let them touch

ODG
Can anyone lift a 1000lb ball of jello?
make that 2 and put yourself in between them as they move towards each other. Once they push against you they will break down. That's what Hyperion did. He was in-between the 2 planets as they moved close to each other. Hyperion is harder than the planets but there is no proof that he pushed back 2 planet weights. How you ignore the simple phrase "held them apart... until the worlds broke" and also ignore that it was actually two entire universes hidden from view (not just two planets) pushing together is mind-boggling.

Estacado
Lobo effortlesly slamming Pulsar (he had stellar mass) into the ground was pretty badass....

lawest9
Btw, excuse me for asking, but which version of hyperion whose planet pushing feat is being used here?

ODG
Originally posted by lawest9
Btw, excuse me for asking, but which version of hyperion whose planet pushing feat is being used here? The new one in Avengers vol.5.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Agreed. If I'm bench pressing and drop the weight on my chest; I'm still technically hold the bench and bar apart. (unless my torso collapses)

Hyp's feat could be looked at as strength, but could also easily be looked at as durability. The fact that no insight is given into the exact forces at play makes it hard to judge.

"Held them apart" does not necessarily mean strength feat.

ODG
Hilarity.

vince_slice
If Superman performed the Hyperion feat, I wonder if superfans would be just as critical of it. I think everyone already knows the answer to that. rolling on floor laughing

Branlor Swift
If that happened to Supes, you can bet anyone would be a troll for going against it.

So anyway, Lobo's feat smashes it, Hyperion's bends it over and plows it, Drax was ripping cores out of suns so that probably beats it. Probably a lot more

xJLxKing
Originally posted by vince_slice
If Superman performed the Hyperion feat, I wonder if superfans would be just as critical of it. I think everyone already knows the answer to that. rolling on floor laughing Sorry Superman did a bigger feat cool

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Sorry Superman did a bigger feat cool planet >>> 2 universes

TheGodKiller
"Held them apart" does not necessarily mean strength feat.
It is pretty much the definition of a strength feat. Unless you want to suggest that some sort of tactile telekinesis was implied to be used in that scene?

xJLxKing
planet >>> 2 universes planet? Go read Final Crisis. He held the book which was infinite in weight

Eel O'Brien
Seems to me that the Supes haters bring him into threads more than anyone.

I question the validity of Hyp's feat not to discredit Hyp, but because Marvel has a thing for putting outrageous things on panel and then copping out later.

vince_slice
Sorry Superman did a bigger feat cool...in Bizarro world
Fixed.

TheGodKiller
planet? Go read Final Crisis. He held the book which was infinite in weight
Everyone and their mother knows about that unquantifiable, shared feat.

Might as well start claiming that since the Silver Surfer fought in the core of a black hole, he's infinitely durable.

Branlor Swift
planet? Go read Final Crisis. He held the book which was infinite in weight that was retconned into DCnU?

Also, aren't universes supposed to be infinite? I'd take 2 times infinite space over half of infinite pages any day
Even though that whole sentence was retarded

Branlor Swift

I question the validity of Hyp's feat not to discredit Hyp, but because Marvel has a thing for putting outrageous things on panel and then copping out later. How dare anyone talk about Superman in a "beat Superman's feat" thread. Lol Jesus

You just explained comics. no expression

TheGodKiller

I question the validity of Hyp's feat not to discredit Hyp, but because Marvel has a thing for putting outrageous things on panel and then copping out later.
I am not sure why you're PMSing over "Supes haters" bringing him up in a thread that is about him.

So basically speaking, you dislike a comic book company and therefore hold scrutiny to any feat performed by characters from said company? Yeah, that surely doesn't reek of bias. thumb up

Mindset

I question the validity of Hyp's feat not to discredit Hyp, but because Marvel has a thing for putting outrageous things on panel and then copping out later. smh lol

TheGodKiller
Also, aren't universes supposed to be infinite? d
Not in terms of weight.

Thanos has infinite durability though, since he can survive going into black holes and what not. Surfer as well.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
It is pretty much the definition of a strength feat. Unless you want to suggest that some sort of tactile telekinesis was implied to be used in that scene?

My suggestion is the same as before. The planets crumbled before Hyp found whether he has the strength to push them apart. His durable body could have been doing the holding.

Plus anyone trying to use the cascade universe destruction to argue that he held the universes apart, that's just ridiculous.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
smh lol i know right

kal-qaeda is so apt

leonidas
Originally posted by ODG
There really isn't anything ambiguous about the narration, "By the time the worlds were about to touch, he was all that remained of them. Hyperion held them apart... until the worlds broke. The cascading energy collapsing two entire universes. And everything died. Everything... except him." Or about the ramifications of said act when Reed explicated what Cap was doing in New Avengers #3, "That Earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean. He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..." Hyperion held two universes apart that were merging, until they collapsed around him. He couldn't stop the incursion, like Cap w/IG. Or reverse it. But he stood in the gap and held. In other words, IDLI, IDH.

laughing out loud

yep, clearly that is what i meant. thank god you're here to occasionally clear up these issues. actually, i DON'T like it, but it did happen, unfortunately. i DO think that there will likely be some further elaboration on it (and the writer has hinted at such). if there isn't, cool, it goes so far outside his usual showings that it is the definition of PIS. so, it's 'meh', either way.

guilty as charged. i DO hope it's reversed, or at least explained away more fully. prime had myriad feats that make that feat at least somewhere within the realm of believability regarding his character. hyperion.........doesn't. in fact, he has nothing even close to what he did here--no one, anywhere, does. yet we should blindly accept him having 'held apart' 2 universes WITHOUT questioning said feat at all? even when the writer himself has said there will be more info to come? nuh-uh. not me any way. the feat is sooooo ludicrous that it DESERVES skepticism. believe as blithely as you wish, i don't care. just don't try telling me what i have to and don't have to accept or question. please.

TheGodKiller
My suggestion is the same as before. The planets crumbled before Hyp found whether he has the strength to push them apart. His durable body could have been doing the holding.

Plus anyone trying to use the cascade universe destruction to argue that he held the universes apart, that's just ridiculous.
"Before Hype found whether he has the strength to push them apart". Wth are you talking about? He straight up held the 2 worlds apart, as both stated and shown on-panel. Your responses are reduced to mere speculations at this point, based on a very whimsical interpretation of the on-panel evidence from that comic.

He held those universes apart, because that is exactly what happened. Or did you not get the memo when Reed noted that Cap(w/ IG) pushing back an Earth was literally him pushing back that Earth's whole universe?

Eel O'Brien
I am not sure why you're PMSing over "Supes haters" bringing him up in a thread that is about him.

So basically speaking, you dislike a comic book company and therefore hold scrutiny to any feat performed by characters from said company? Yeah, that surely doesn't reek of bias. thumb up

I never speak basically, nor do I reek.

Are you saying Marvel doesn't do this? Hulk straight up lifted Mjolnir? Sentry really is the Angel of Death?

Not bias; just observation.

Oliver North
Also, aren't universes supposed to be infinite?

nope, thats how we know dark matter is there

energy can't be ultimately created or destroyed

afaik

Branlor Swift
Eternity is supposed to be infinite iirc

Are you saying Marvel doesn't do this? Hulk straight up lifted Mjolnir? Sentry really is the Angel of Death?

Not bias; just observation. I don't think it's Marvel not following up, I think it's you not reading anything from Marvel

TheGodKiller
Eternity is supposed to be infinite iirc
Eternity isn't actually a physical being though.

Plus, a universe has a defined mass/weight.

Naija boy
Everyone and their mother knows about that unquantifiable, shared feat.

Might as well start claiming that since the Silver Surfer fought in the core of a black hole, he's infinitely durable.

thumb up. Its laughable that said feat is still brought up in any serious capacity....despite infinite "weight" never even being mentioned. smh

JakeTheBank
If/when Hickman elaborates on his feat (Hickman's known for trolling fans so I take his answer referring to Hyperion's feat with a grain of salt), we can pick it apart as need be. Until then, it was made quite clear what was going on. And again, it's not like this feat will translate into combat showings, so W.G.A.F?

laughing out loud @ Kal-Queda

TheGodKiller

Not bias; just observation.
Sentry is not the Angel of Death. Hulk has never lifted Mjolnir. Basically speaking,Originally posted by Branlor Swift
it's you not reading anything from Marvel
that is the real problem here. Not Marvel.

ODG
laughing out loud

yep, clearly that is what i meant. thank god you're here to occasionally clear up these issues. actually, i DON'T like it, but it did happen, unfortunately. i DO think that there will likely be some further elaboration on it (and the writer has hinted at such). if there isn't, cool, it goes so far outside his usual showings that it is the definition of PIS. so, it's 'meh', either way. Superman benching a planet for the better part of the week while completely deprived of sunlight isn't far outside his usual showings though. We get it. Originally posted by leonidas
guilty as charged. i DO hope it's reversed, or at least explained away more fully. prime had myriad feats that make that feat at least somewhere within the realm of believability regarding his character. hyperion.........doesn't. in fact, he has nothing even close to what he did here--no one, anywhere, does. yet we should blindly accept him having 'held apart' 2 universes WITHOUT questioning said feat at all? even when the writer himself has said there will be more info to come? nuh-uh. not me any way. the feat is sooooo ludicrous that it DESERVES skepticism. believe as blithely as you wish, i don't care. just don't try telling me what i have to and don't have to accept or question. please. This is a new character. It's how he was introduced. There's nothing to base your doubt off of save for your own mental baggage. Cryptic writer comments don't serve as proof around here. Certainly not cryptic writer comments in response to dozens of internet troll queries that have spiraled to the point where Hickman is actively reverse-trolling them. And I am not dictating that you accept this feat. You clearly don't. I'm just pointing out that you don't accept the feat, in contravention to the clear presentation of the feat itself, reinforced by plot exposition in another comic that was concurrently released, based on an imaginary future plot twist to come.

There's a not-so-subtle difference between healthy skepticism and IDLI, IDH. And feel free to feel differently about it, but you don't get to tell me that I'm not allowed to point it out. Please.

leonidas
If/when Hickman elaborates on his feat (Hickman's known for trolling fans so I take his answer referring to Hyperion's feat with a grain of salt), we can pick it apart as need be. Until then, it was made quite clear what was going on. And again, it's not like this feat will translate into combat showings, so W.G.A.F?

laughing out loud @ Kal-Queda

wgaf?

for me, it just doesn't make sense that hyperion could be able to perform such a feat. it's as simple as that. thor? hulk? superman? hell, holding 2 universes apart would likely be called PIS for THOSE guys. hype doing it? it seems the very definition of PIS to me. it's the absurdity/scale of the feat that bothers me, and having hype perform it (who is manifestly NOT the strongest being in both universes, though this feat DWARFS any feat ever performed by another hero or villain in comics) demeans the act itself imo. not sure if you or anyone gets what i mean by that. the illuminati needed the IG to perform the feat, yet....i'm supposed to accept blindly that hype just....pushed them apart? i honestly don't understand the lack of skepticism with this feat.

Branlor Swift
wgaf?

for me, it just doesn't make sense that hyperion could be able to perform such a feat. it's as simple as that. thor? hulk? superman? hell, holding 2 universes apart would likely be called PIS for THOSE guys. hype doing it? it seems the very definition of PIS to me. it's the absurdity/scale of the feat that bothers me, and having hype perform it (who is manifestly NOT the strongest being in both universes, though this feat DWARFS any feat ever performed by another hero or villain in comics) demeans the act itself imo. not sure if you or anyone gets what i mean by that. the illuminati needed the IG to perform the feat, yet....i'm supposed to accept blindly that hype just....pushed them apart? i honestly don't understand the lack of skepticism with this feat. this Hype is a new Hype

The IG didn't fail, Hype did

JakeTheBank
wgaf?

for me, it just doesn't make sense that hyperion could be able to perform such a feat. it's as simple as that. thor? hulk? superman? hell, holding 2 universes apart would likely be called PIS for THOSE guys. hype doing it? it seems the very definition of PIS to me. it's the absurdity/scale of the feat that bothers me, and having hype perform it (who is manifestly NOT the strongest being in both universes, though this feat DWARFS any feat ever performed by another hero or villain in comics) demeans the act itself imo. not sure if you or anyone gets what i mean by that. the illuminati needed the IG to perform the feat, yet....i'm supposed to accept blindly that hype just....pushed them apart? i honestly don't understand the lack of skepticism with this feat.

Who gives a phuck.

Well, it is a different Hyperion, to be fair. Still, even with this feat, there's no reason to believe it will turn him into some kind of abstract being or anything and we all know he's not going to be punching with "universal strength" or anything. Hell, he's already been shown to be a peer to Hulk and Thor, neither of which possess a feat to that scale.

Personally, I find it to be a laughably absurd high level feat for someone in his tier, a tier which is often defined by laughably absurd high level feats.

xJLxKing
that was retconned into DCnU?

Also, aren't universes supposed to be infinite? I'd take 2 times infinite space over half of infinite pages any day
Even though that whole sentence was retarded
What didn't make sense? he picked up a book that had infinite weight
Universes infinite weight? Technically, NO

ODG
^ So in other words, you would rather have Superman pick up a book with infinite pages, rather than two entire universes...

... color me skeptical. And why is pre-Flashpoint Superman creeping into this discussion anyway?

leonidas
Originally posted by ODG
Superman benching a planet for the better part of the week while completely deprived of sunlight isn't far outside his usual showings though. We get it. This is a new character. It's how he was introduced. There's nothing to base your doubt off of save for your own mental baggage. Cryptic writer comments don't serve as proof around here. Certainly not cryptic writer comments in response to dozens of internet troll queries that have spiraled to the point where Hickman is actively reverse-trolling them. And I am not dictating that you accept this feat. You clearly don't. I'm just pointing out that you don't accept the feat, in contravention to the clear presentation of the feat itself, reinforced by plot exposition in another comic that was concurrently released, based on an imaginary future plot twist to come.

There's a not-so-subtle difference between healthy skepticism and IDLI, IDH. And feel free to feel differently about it, but you don't get to tell me that I'm not allowed to point it out. Please.

supes history (like prime's) at least makes his feat, while out there, somewhere within the realm of possibility for him. not like he held 2 universes apart, right? and i can absolutely tell you not to point it out--if it's simply arrogant assumption as opposed to truth and something that wasn't there to begin with. i'll say it one more time--it did happen, i don't like it, i suspect it will be elaborated on, if not, it will be labelled PIS. even without hickman's comment, i thought it would be explained further. if not, well, dumber things have happened in comics i guess, but imo, not much dumber than hyperion holding apart 2 universes via strength.

and yeah, i have a preconceived notion of the character--established by marvel for years and years. if they want to reintroduce him, cool. a departure this large from what we've seen is ridiculous imo, and again, deserving of skepticism. maybe this 'new hype' will make a habit of holding apart universes, in which case you'll all have been right. for the moment, believe at face value what you'd like. just don't expect me to believe or accept it as readily.

TheGodKiller
What didn't make sense?
The fact that you don't know the definition of the term "retcon", along with which version of Superman is being used here.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
And why is pre-Flashpoint Superman creeping into this discussion anyway?
Apparently, Superman has now become a Nexus Being of sorts, whose feats and showings are canon from all alternate realities and unaffected by reboots/retcons.

leonidas
this Hype is a new Hype

The IG didn't fail, Hype did

yeah, i get that. it still seems to go soooooo far against his established character that it.....is laughable, really. and while you're right about which failed, just mentioning hype in conversation with a full on assault by the IG is in itself NOT helping hype's position. shrug

Who gives a phuck.

lol thumb up

i know, that's what i said about demeaning the feat. of hype can do it then there must be a dozen (more??) guys in both universes suddenly capable of holding apart 2 universes. that's......assinine. no expression

not THAT high level though, and that, for me is the crux of it i guess.

interesting discussion. later folks.

JakeTheBank
yeah, i get that. it still seems to go soooooo far against his established character that it.....is laughable, really. and while you're right about which failed, just mentioning hype in conversation with a full on assault by the IG is in itself NOT helping hype's position. shrug

lol thumb up

i know, that's what i said about demeaning the feat. of hype can do it then there must be a dozen (more??) guys in both universes suddenly capable of holding apart 2 universes. that's......assinine. no expression

not THAT high level though, and that, for me is the crux of it i guess.

interesting discussion. later folks.

Fair enough.

Personally, I think this feat isn't all that more ludicrous than Superman pre-Flashpoint lifting infinite weight or the sum of eternity or Thor providing 1/4 the energy needed to uphold the multiverse. Sure, it's crazy, but it won't effect his overall standing any. Unless of course he does this shit regularly and it effect his power in combat.

ODG
supes history (like prime's) at least makes his feat, while out there, somewhere within the realm of possibility for him. not like he held 2 universes apart, right? and i can absolutely tell you not to point it out--if it's simply arrogant assumption as opposed to truth and something that wasn't there to begin with. i'll say it one more time--it did happen, i don't like it, i suspect it will be elaborated on, if not, it will be labelled PIS. even without hickman's comment, i thought it would be explained further. if not, well, dumber things have happened in comics i guess, but imo, not much dumber than hyperion holding apart 2 universes via strength. A highly uninspired alternate universe Superman clone comes in with crazy feats of strength and durability and is virtually embraced by KMC.

A highly uninspired alternate universe Superman clone comes in with crazy feats of strength and durability and is being completely ignored or alternatively lowballed by KMC.

Who's who? Why, I couldn't even tell you. Basically, you explained what I've already suspected: Superman Prime is cool because he's sorta Superman. Hyperion isn't cool because he sorta ain't Superman. Originally posted by leonidas
and yeah, i have a preconceived notion of the character--established by marvel for years and years. if they want to reintroduce him, cool. a departure this large from what we've seen is ridiculous imo, and again, deserving of skepticism. maybe this 'new hype' will make a habit of holding apart universes, in which case you'll all have been right. for the moment, believe at face value what you'd like. just don't expect me to believe or accept it as readily. In other words, your bald refusal has everything to do with Superman and nothing to do with what this Hyperion actually did on-panel. Just don't expect me to calmly accept that that line of opinion, not without the proper ridicule it richly deserves.

ODG
i know, that's what i said about demeaning the feat. of hype can do it then there must be a dozen (more??) guys in both universes suddenly capable of holding apart 2 universes. that's......assinine. no expression There is rich irony in this comment (not actually on you, leonidas). Because for some reason the whole Superman "lifting a book of infinite pages" thing kept getting thrown at this thread. Firstly, Superman lifted it together with an alternate universe Captain Marvel. So it wasn't just Superman. And then, just one issue later, Ultraman went and lifted it up all by himself.

But was this feat ever considered to be asinine because then there must be a dozen (more??) guys in both universes suddenly capable of lifting infinite weight? Since serial-offender schnook, Ultraman, went and did it twiceover? Whatever. People don't even remember Ultraman. Unimportant. Who, what now? Carry on.

kgkg
^ laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
What didn't make sense? he picked up a book that had infinite weight
Universes infinite weight? Technically, NO http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9504/fantasticfourannual2001.jpg

Each universe is boundless. Hyperion lifted two times infinite. Superman lifted half of infinity, and Ultraman lifted infinite.

Hyperion is 4 times as strong as Superman's best feat.

Damborgson

http://replygif.net/i/146.gif

Estacado
Originally posted by Galan007
Lobo takes on Pulsar Stargrave:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1083/lobo1q.th.jpg http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6531/lobo2.th.jpg http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2597/lobo3t.th.jpg http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7381/lobo4.th.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3219/lobo5.th.jpg

A few things to note from the above scans: a.) Lobo can easily endure massive amounts of heat. b.) Despite injuries sustained from one of Pulsar's blasts, Lobo was never so much as KO'd -- and he also healed from said injuries extremely fast. c.) Even though Pulsar possesses stellar mass, Lobo was able to hurl him through the ground without any leverage. Why? Because 'the Main Man doesn't do logical'.

Branlor Swift
I'm curious to see how they'd do a Lobo/Superman fight right before Flashpoint seeing as he seemed to get a large push since the 90s.

Plus the whole "Real Lobo was in hell all along" thing.

Mindset
I'm curious to see how they'd do a Lobo/Superman fight right before Flashpoint seeing as he seemed to get a large push since the 90s.

Plus the whole "Real Lobo was in hell all along" thing. They both get oneshotted by Hyperion, that's for sure.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ butthurt and trolling in this thread. Yes, superman and captain marvel lifted a book that contained the entire multiverse. But that doesn't count because supposedly DC's universes aren't infinite or superman's equal ultraman lifted it. Lawl.

Silent Master
laughing out loud @ butthurt and trolling in this thread.

Yes, please tell the other Superman fans to stop.

carver9
laughing out loud @ butthurt and trolling in this thread. Yes, superman and captain marvel lifted a book that contained the entire multiverse. But that doesn't count because supposedly DC's universes aren't infinite or superman's equal ultraman lifted it. Lawl.

So that's the only butt hurt you see in this thread.

TheGodKiller
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9504/fantasticfourannual2001.jpg

Each universe is boundless.
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Nova's series established that the 616 universe has definite boundaries.

http://i46.tinypic.com/534kgh.jpg

(They later reached the Rip they were talking about)
You shouldn't bother with this argument though, because lifting a book with infinite pages with Captain Marvel's help is an unquantifiable feat anyways.

I'd take holding apart 2 universes over picking up a book with infinite pages any day.

abhilegend
Shut up carter.

armedforbattle
Superman is weaker then Hyperion. Duh.

TheGodKiller
It might be that Hype is Hickman's special pet with Avengers, just like Franklin Richards was with the F4. Or it could be the fact that Hickman really has no respect for the IG(s) at all, as is evidenced by the way he treated the artifact in his F4/FF run. /shrugs

Zack Fair
-=Enters thread. Reads last pages.=-

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/HeySpec/Rock_Smelling.jpg

Diesldude
Comments like oh favorite feat can't be used because its unquantifiable. Prove that there is non that can match superman's bench press feat. So Why even bring up these feats when they don't count in this thread?

2 - Then there is the belief that's Hyperion pushed/held apart universes before the worlds crumbled. Laughable but tragically misguided. If the planets were being pushed by the universe, they would have been shattered way before hyperion got involved. Or were they made out of adamentium?
Hyperion didn't resist universal weight nor weight equal to a planet. he tried to keep 2 planets from colliding and failed because they crumbled. The force needed to crumble the planet < force needed to lift a planet. At best he pushed 2x planet weight. I'll even give you guys this, but pushing or even lifting 2x planet weight is still much less than lifting a planet weight for 5 days straight without break and in less than full strength.

ODG
Comments like oh favorite feat can't be used because its unquantifiable. Prove that there is non that can match superman's bench press feat. So Why even bring up these feats when they don't count in this thread? Because the threadstarter never said the feat had to be quantifiable. Just a strength feat. Originally posted by Diesldude
2 - Then there is the belief that's Hyperion pushed/held apart universes before the worlds crumbled. Laughable but tragically misguided. If the planets were being pushed by the universe, they would have been shattered way before hyperion got involved. Or were they made out of adamentium? Are you questioning the mechanics of fictional alternate reality vibrational mechanics? Your disbelief is rather misplaced concerning the material here, i.e., comic books. Moreover, your disbelief completely ignores the in-story explanation. Cap w/ IG pushed against an entire universe by focusing his power against a world as his focal point. So apparently a planet can sustain the pressure of pushing against an entire universe, at least until the 8 hour limit for incursions is reached. I suspect that you realize this and are just feigning complete ignorance. Originally posted by Diesldude
Hyperion didn't resist universal weight nor weight equal to a planet. he tried to keep 2 planets from colliding and failed because they crumbled. The force needed to crumble the planet < force needed to lift a planet. At best he pushed 2x planet weight. I'll even give you guys this, but pushing or even lifting 2x planet weight is still much less than lifting a planet weight for 5 days straight without break and in less than full strength. Hyperion held the worlds apart, which according to the storyline's ramifications, means you are actually holding their entire respective universes apart which are hidden from view. If you are physically incapable of accepting this plain fact, I'd label it a case of spontaneous illiteracy.

Doctor's recommendation: get over it.

curryman
Originally posted by ODG
If you are physically incapable of accepting this plain fact, I'd label it a case of spontaneous illiteracy.
Is this what we call different interpretations nowadays?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by curryman
Is this what we call different interpretations nowadays?
If different interpretations involve something along the lines of a guy calling the Earth flat, when someone points out its a spheroid, then yeah, that is what we call them these days.

ODG
Is this what we call different interpretations nowadays? How many different ways can you interpret Cap pushing a world while Reed says, "He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..."

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Incursion01.jpg

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
How many different ways can you interpret Cap pushing a world while Reed says, "He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..."
The same way we can interpret the Earth to be flat and not a spheroid.

Edit: Or that the sunrise and sunset is literally the Sun rising and sinking in the sea periodically. Instead of it being the result of the Earth rotating around the sun.

curryman
Not the point I was referring to, nor was it the point you replied to with that comment smile

TheGodKiller
Not the point I was referring to, nor was it the point you replied to with that comment smile
It pretty much is though. Hickman essentially laid it out for us on panel that pushing against an Earth during the Incursion is like pushing against said Earth's entire universe, so there is only one logical way to interpret the feat, and it's not in line with what the feat's naysayers theorize.

ODG
Not the point I was referring to, nor was it the point you replied to with that comment smile And yet that's the exact point I was making with my comment.

curryman
Originally posted by ODG
And yet that's the exact point I was making with my comment.

Ok.

Mine was more in reference to the sheer ego it would take to make the claims that you did.

Can't fault anyone for finding the Hyperion feat ridiculous and it's a lot easier to take in something when it's the IG being used and not just a picture of a man standing in between two worlds and screaming.

abhilegend
Hyperion held two universes apart, that's cute. Superman and captain marvel lifted a book that contained entire existence i.e. 52 universes.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14776824_wholeexistanceinthebook.jpg

Superman is stronger than every marvel herald's strength combined. Quite clearly.

curryman
Hyperion held two universes apart, that's cute. Superman and captain marvel lifted a book that contained entire existence i.e. 52 universes.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14776824_wholeexistanceinthebook.jpg

Superman is stronger than every marvel herald's strength combined. Quite clearly.

Ultraman*

Superman's feat wasn't impressive.

abhilegend
Ultraman*

Superman's feat wasn't impressive.
Why? Because he was nice enough to ask for help. Even if we say he only lifted half of that book, he still lifted 26 universes. Ultraman was exact equal of superman in that story anyway.

ODG
Ok.

Mine was more in reference to the sheer ego it would take to make the claims that you did.

Can't fault anyone for finding the Hyperion feat ridiculous and it's a lot easier to take in something when it's the IG being used and not just a picture of a man standing in between two worlds and screaming. Ok, but let's see how you attempt to backtrack.

I don't see how ego plays into it. Reed says, "He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..." He wasn't being figurative, or using flowery prose. He was being literal. There's no other way to interpret what he said. You'd have to be illiterate and not comprehend what the adverb "literally" constitutes to avoid the plain meaning of Reed's statement.

Finding it ridiculous is pretty much what everyone has done. Including me. It's a ridiculous feat. Nobody denies that or finds fault in that. The issue I confronted is the act of pretending it didn't actually happen. And I might be sympathetic with your reticence to accept a picture of a man screaming in between two worlds had there not been plain words to accompany the pictures or an entire comic explaining the actual mechanics behind the crisis faced. Selective memory, much?

curryman
Originally posted by ODG
Ok, but let's see how you attempt to backtrack.

I don't see how ego plays into it. Reed says, "He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..." He wasn't being figurative, or using flowery prose. He was being literal. There's no other way to interpret what he said. You'd have to be illiterate and not comprehend what the adverb "literally" constitutes to avoid the plain meaning of Reed's statement.

Finding it ridiculous is pretty much what everyone has done. Including me. It's a ridiculous feat. Nobody denies that. The issue I confronted is the act of pretending it didn't actually happen. I might be sympathetic with your reticence to accept a picture of a man screaming in between two worlds had there not been plain words to accompany the pictures or an entire comic explaining the actual mechanics behind the crisis faced. Selective memory, much?

Don't try to sass me about backtracking when I'm clearly responding to your reply aimed at his Hyperion comment. Move past the Infinity Gauntlet incident, I'm not talking about that.

You feel that the IG incident with Cap somehow legitimizes the Hyperion feat. This guy feels that it doesn't. You insult him over this? This is how you conduct yourself in a debate? An adult man?

curryman
Why? Because he was nice enough to ask for help. Even if we say he only lifted half of that book, he still lifted 26 universes. Ultraman was exact equal of superman in that story anyway.

Not equal in feats though.

He only did half of what Ultraman did. Ultraman also lifted it longer and higher.

Mindset
Don't try to sass me about backtracking when I'm clearly responding to your reply aimed at his Hyperion comment. Move past the Infinity Gauntlet incident, I'm not talking about that.

You feel that the IG incident with Cap somehow legitimizes the Hyperion feat. This guy feels that it doesn't. You insult him over this? This is how you conduct yourself in a debate? An adult man? Your mom is an adult man!

curryman
Your mom is an adult man!

M..mom?

Mindset
I'm sorry, that was going too far.

Diesldude
Originally posted by ODG
Are you questioning the mechanics of fictional alternate reality vibrational mechanics? Your disbelief is rather misplaced concerning the material here, i.e., comic books. Moreover, your disbelief completely ignores the in-story explanation. Cap w/ IG pushed against an entire universe by focusing his power against a world as his focal point. So apparently a planet can sustain the pressure of pushing against an entire universe, at least until the 8 hour limit for incursions is reached.
I suspect that you realize this and are just feigning complete ignorance. Hyperion held the worlds apart, which according to the storyline's ramifications, means you are actually holding their entire respective universes apart which are hidden from view.

I sense a lot of reading comprehension fail on your part. Cap didn't push just the planet, he pushed the entire universe with the IG. Event-hough the IG was pointed towards the earth, Reed himself stated that the earth is an island breaking the surface of an ocean. Cap with the ig wasn't just pushing the earth that was right there in the sky but the universe that the naked Eye could not see.

Compare that to what was stated in the hyperion's feat.

The panels stated the following:
"A second earth hung low in the sky" - The link above states a 2nd earth hung in the sky. Not a universe but a 2nd earth

"By the time the worlds were about to touch he was all that remained of them"

"Hyperion held them apart until the worlds broke, the cascading energies collapsing two entire universes"

The writer clearly differentiates between "worlds" and "univserse"
The Worlds that were about to collide and the universes that collapsed due to cascading energies.

No where does it say that the universes collapsed because they collided into eachother.

Hyperion saw the 2 earths were about to crash and got inbetween them and "held them apart" but failed.

Where does it say that the force or the weight of the universe was pushing against the two earths. Show me where the entire weight of the universe was focused on the planets that Hyperion got in between. Show me where the entire weight of the universe was focused on the planet that was on the panel that cap pushed back with the IG?

Originally posted by ODG

If you are physically incapable of accepting this plain fact, I'd label it a case of spontaneous illiteracy.

Doctor's recommendation: get over it.

The little wiener of an internet thug goes for the personal attacks again. They need to increase your prescription and remove your computer privileges at the facility they are holding you in. BTW Welcome to my ignore list.

abhilegend
Not equal in feats though.

He only did half of what Ultraman did. Ultraman also lifted it longer and higher.
And? Its impressive on its own. They had to let it go because the book sent a feedback that turned cap into billy.

curryman
And? Its impressive on its own. They had to let it go because the book sent a feedback that turned cap into billy.

It's very impressive.

ODG

You feel that the IG incident with Cap somehow legitimizes the Hyperion feat. This guy feels that it doesn't. You insult him over this? This is how you conduct yourself in a debate? An adult man? You might not want to talk about it now. But I was talking that incident because it clearly explains the consequences and ramifications of what Hyperion did. You responded to the content of my comment, after all. So if you're going to take exception to my comment, you can't just yell at me now for addressing you by talking about my comment. Talk about chewing on your own foot.

When he calls our interpretations "laughable but tragically misguided" first, what delicate sensibilities and courtesies did you think were preserved in the conversation? Two wrongs don't make a right, sure. But let's not pretend that Diesldude wasn't attacking other viewpoints outright with his comment.

Thanks for blatantly ignoring that in your haste to save face over your completely pointless and misplaced resentment.

thumb up

abhilegend
It's very impressive.
thumb up
It shits on hyperion's feats, that's for sure.

ODG
I sense a lot of reading comprehension fail on your part. Cap didn't push just the planet, he pushed the entire universe with the IG. Event-hough the IG was pointed towards the earth, Reed himself stated that the earth is an island breaking the surface of an ocean. Cap with the ig wasn't just pushing the earth that was right there in the sky but the universe that the naked Eye could not see. And Hype wasn't just pushing the earth that was right there in the sky but the universe that the naked Eye could not see. Because that is the nature of incursions. It's not just earths coming together, but their entire universes. Originally posted by Diesldude
Compare that to what was stated in the hyperion's feat.

The panels stated the following:
"A second earth hung low in the sky" - The link above states a 2nd earth hung in the sky. Not a universe but a 2nd earth A second earth hung low in the sky when Cap donned the IG too. Herp, derp. It was the same exact situation. Originally posted by Diesldude
"By the time the worlds were about to touch he was all that remained of them"

"Hyperion held them apart until the worlds broke, the cascading energies collapsing two entire universes"

The writer clearly differentiates between "worlds" and "univserse"
The Worlds that were about to collide and the universes that collapsed due to cascading energies.

No where does it say that the universes collapsed because they collided into eachother. So what if the worlds didn't collide? That doesn't mean the universes weren't merging onto the same vibrational plane and pushing towards each other. Because that's what an incursion actually is. It's why the worlds were coming closer. Because the universes were coming closer to each other. Are you pretending that Hyperion wasn't dealing with an incursion? Originally posted by Diesldude
Hyperion saw the 2 earths were about to crash and got inbetween them and "held them apart" but failed.

Where does it say that the force or the weight of the universe was pushing against the two earths. Show me where the entire weight of the universe was focused on the planets that Hyperion got in between. Show me where the entire weight of the universe was focused on the planet that was on the panel that cap pushed back with the IG? Yes, he failed. Cap didn't.

We just went over this. And you yourself recited Reed's own words. Holding an Earth back from advancing is holding its respective universe back from advancing. Cap was pushing against the world and was slowing its advance. That's when Reed said he was "literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us." When Cap was slowing down its advance. Then everyone told him to not just stop the advance because everything would be destroyed anyway (like what happened with Hyperion's world), but reverse it and he had to push harder and actually send the world backwards (with its universe). Hype held them apart and halted the advance but couldn't reverse it. Originally posted by Diesldude
The little wiener of an internet thug goes for the personal attacks again. They need to increase your prescription and remove your computer privileges at the facility they are holding you in. BTW Welcome to my ignore list. hysterical

Even with the clumsy flaming, putting me on ignore is your prerogative. So long as you actually hold to it, it'll be respected.

Mindset
thumb up
It shits on hyperion's feats, that's for sure. Lol, you mad.

Hyperion's feat is better than anything Superman could hope to do.

Branlor Swift
Didn't the kid and a bunch of guys from The Neverending Story do Superman's best strength feat... alone?

-Pr-
I really don't think Superman's feats since the reboot can compare to Hyperion's feat. That said, I think Superman has a much more rounded body of strength feats than Hyperion, and a more consistent one to boot.

I really wish the writer would elaborate on wtf happened with Hyperion, though. That's an insane feat.

Placidity
Lol, you mad.

Hyperion's feat is better than anything Superman could hope to do.

Mindset, what have I told you about lying?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Placidity
Mindset, what have I told you about lying?
Mindset has lied not once in this thread.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really don't think Superman's feats since the reboot can compare to Hyperion's feat. That said, I think Superman has a much more rounded body of strength feats than Hyperion, and a more consistent one to boot.

I really wish the writer would elaborate on wtf happened with Hyperion, though. That's an insane feat. there's 3 ways Hickman goes with it.

He either elaborates that it was 2 Eternities because the fans pissed him off
He says it was just worlds which goes against the incursions, because the fans pissed him off

Or he doesn't talk about what Hyperion did at all, which is likely seeing as the way he actually acts doesn't seem to make its way into comics

armedforbattle
-When Superman was young he said
"when I grow up I wanna be just like Hyperion"
-His father slapped him and said
"you could never amount to anything Hyperion has done"
-Then superman said
"good golly dad, you're right, I'll take 4th place, after Blue Marvel, Hyperion & Gladiator"

There's a scan of it here at
WWW.totallyrealscans.com/notfake

ODG
Originally posted by -Pr-

I really wish the writer would elaborate on wtf happened with Hyperion, though. That's an insane feat. The writer elaborated on what happened in 3 issues of New Avengers. He wasted at least one of those comics having the smartest people on the planet just sit at a table talking for the entire issue about what incursions are and what they mean with diagrams and everything. Then he spent another issue showing the Illuminati deal with an incursion in real-time and showed what holding back and pushing really means.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by armedforbattle
-When Superman was young he said
"when I grow up I wanna be just like Hyperion"
-His father slapped him and said
"you could never amount to anything Hyperion has done"
-Then superman said
"good golly dad, you're right, I'll take 4th place, after Blue Marvel, Hyperion & Gladiator"

There's a scan of it here at
WWW.totallyrealscans.com/notfake you almost made up for your sig making me want to hit you with a frying pan square in the face

-Pr-
there's 3 ways Hickman goes with it.

He either elaborates that it was 2 Eternities because the fans pissed him off
He says it was just worlds which goes against the incursions, because the fans pissed him off

Or he doesn't talk about what Hyperion did at all, which is likely seeing as the way he actually acts doesn't seem to make its way into comics

Originally posted by ODG
The writer elaborated on what happened in 3 issues of New Avengers. He wasted at least one of those comics having the smartest people on the planet just sit at a table talking for the entire issue about what incursions are and what they mean with diagrams and everything. Then he spent another issue showing the Illuminati deal with an incursion in real-time.

And now I'm confused.

armedforbattle
you almost made up for your sig making me want to hit you with a frying pan square in the face
U dnt no mii fgt. Spoderman roolz

Branlor Swift
I was talking about after the fact and Hyperion's case specifically. I thought you wanted someone to go "Hey Hyperion, can your dick also stop a universe?"

But yes, he's right. New Avengers explains it in pretty detail

Also, I hate you completely again. At armedfordicksucking

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>