Blue Marvel vs. Starbrand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

carver9
BM dies.

zopzop
Blue Marvel.

Current Starbrand has done nothing impressive. It's wielder got put on his @$$ by Hulk/Hyperion/Thor. Current Starbrand did NO damage to the Avengers.

BM was taking it to the Avengers (Ares, Wonderman, Sentry) WHILE trying to reason with them. He flash KOed Sentry and was manhandling Ares and Wonderman.

BM got this.

Damborgson
Lol @zop zop, being all zop zop.

Starbrand beats the crap out of him.

Zack Fair
Starbrand beats the shit out of Blue Marvel if he figures out how to use his powers.

Until then BM will be using him as a punching bag.

Starbrand tanking attacks from Hulk, Thor and universal strength Hyperion is no joke.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Zack Fair
universal strength Hyperion is no joke.
He went from being "current" Hyperion to "universal strength" Hyperion in no time.

Are you indirectly trying to ruffle fans of a certain super dude? stick out tongue

Anyways Starbrand should stomp.

JakeTheBank
Lol.

Starbrand.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He went from being "current" Hyperion to "universal strength" Hyperion in no time.

Are you indirectly trying to ruffle fans of a certain super dude? stick out tongue

Anyways Starbrand should stomp. http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/He+s+onto+me.+Found+with+Satan_986332_4114272.jpg

ODG
Starbrand beats the shit out of Blue Marvel if he figures out how to use his powers.

Starbrand tanking attacks from Hulk, Thor and universal strength Hyperion is no joke. Starbrand didn't need to know anything to BFR Hulk into orbit, cut Abyss in half with a single blast, disintegrate the world's consciousness, and hold an entire Avengers squad in check... while holding back. It was both instinctual and unintentional (the scary part).

BM will hit him and Starbrand won't even feel it. He might get pissed off though and start wrecking Blue Marvel.

thumb up

Tornatic

Starbrand tanking attacks from Hulk, Thor and universal strength Hyperion is no joke.

Yeah and BM took down Hyperion with just a few blasts. This is after taking punishment from Hyperion too.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
Lol @zop zop, being all zop zop.

Starbrand beats the crap out of him.
Yeah, the same Starbrand that thanked Nightmask from saving his @$$ from the Avengers?
http://s3.postimg.org/lzmt8ix2n/saved.jpg

BM got this.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Tornatic
Yeah and BM took down Hyperion with just a few blasts. This is after taking punishment from Hyperion too.
Yeah, but that's King of hype Hyperion. We talkin bout universal strength Hyperion.
stick out tongue

the Darkone
Starbrand

Stoic
Starbrand should win this with ease, he has monstrous power that ranges far above the Herald class.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Starbrand should win this with ease, he has monstrous power that ranges far above the Herald class.
Proof? confused

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Proof? confused

Past stories with the brand in them tells me more than I need to know for one. I also stated in a post several weeks ago that anyone judging Starbrand at that point should wait because they will likely be surprised. In other words you might want to think twice about judging the character right now.

Also anyone able to take a Mjonir strike like he did is certainly above High Herald. The Surfer would have groaned from such a strike. Just something to think about. Oh, and he didn't even know how to fully use the Brand at that point. BM doesn't got this.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Past stories with the brand in them tells me more than I need to know for one.
That's the problem right here.

There is no "past stories with the Brand". It, and the rest of the New Universe, was retconned by an @$$hole named Ellis in a series called "New Universal". The series was such crap that it didn't even make it to it's 8th issue and left the story hanging.

Another @$$hole, Hickman, instead of ignoring that trainwreck, decides to pick up where it left off!

So anything from the mid/late 80s Starbrand story, Gruenwald's run, and Untold Tales of the New Universe : Starbrand are gone.

As of now it (the Starbrand) grants Herald level durability and some moderate blasting powers but not much else.

the Darkone
Starbrand wins

carver9
Stop Zop Zop...Starbrand stalemated one of the most powerful team in Marvel right now. No Herald can achieve what he's done and let's not forget he was inexperienced. Don't know why you are hating on the character but that one showing alone puts him in the mid to high trans level.

guy222
SB

Zopzop, do you actually think BM could possibly have fared better against that same avengers lineup?

Zack Fair
ZopZop is being retarded, no offense.

JakeTheBank
Regardless of how far the Starbrand has fallen or if you like the new status quo, it's pretty goddamn obvious he was beyond the Avengers and his lack of knowledge in addition to holding back was the only thing that stopped him from Roflstomping them.

Blue Marvel would have gotten taken down by either Thor, Hulk, or possibly even new! Hyperion, let alone the three of them together.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Stop Zop Zop...Starbrand stalemated one of the most powerful team in Marvel right now. No Herald can achieve what he's done and let's not forget he was inexperienced. Don't know why you are hating on the character but that one showing alone puts him in the mid to high trans level.
He did NOT stalemate them. Don't you get it? Otherwise why would he thank Nightmask from "saving him back there" against the Avengers? I provided the scan.
Originally posted by 753
Zopzop, do you actually think BM could possibly have fared better against that same avengers lineup?

Yes. What did the Starbrand do against that Avengers lineup exactly? BM was trying to talk down the Avengers team (that included Ares, Wonderman, and Sentry) while they were pummeling his @$$. Of the Avengers only Hulk, Hyperion and Thor really engaged the Starbrand.

ZopZop is being retarded, no offense.
You sure showed me! Not like you backed it with anything.

Mindset
Zopzop is the only one here not racist.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, Starbrand wins.

Zack Fair

You sure showed me! http://images.wikia.com/degrassi/images/8/85/36675-Obama-says-Youre-Welcome-gif-m5kC.gif

Yes. What did the Starbrand do against that Avengers lineup exactly? BM was trying to talk down the Avengers team (that included Ares, Wonderman, and Sentry) while they were pummeling his @$$. Of the Avengers only Hulk, Hyperion and Thor really engaged the Starbrand.
tanked them for a decent amount of time, BFRed Hulk, kept them on the ropes with energy blasts. Hulk, thor and hyperion would wtfstomp BM, if they went at him together.

wonderman, ares and sentry? c'mon

Zack Fair
I like how "only Hulk, Thor and Hyperion really engaged starbrand" Like the rest matter.

carver9
@Zop Zop...

If he didn't stalemate them, then what did he do? They couldn't stop him...the only time they really gained an advantage was during the time Hulk dived bombed him from space. No one is saying he would have defeated the Avengers since again, he was inexperienced but what I am saying is, him lasting the time he did and actually having the advantage he had while adapting to his new powers puts him above Herald tier.

Also, lol, either Thor, Hyperion, or Hulk could beat Blue Marvel for a majority, he wouldn't stand a chance against them all together. Starbrand stomps.

JakeTheBank
Zop's letting his hate for Hickman blind him to the obvious.

zopzop
@Zop Zop...

If he didn't stalemate them, then what did he do? They couldn't stop him...the only time they really gained an advantage was during the time Hulk dived bombed him from space. No one is saying he would have defeated the Avengers since again, he was inexperienced but what I am saying is, him lasting the time he did and actually having the advantage he had while adapting to his new powers puts him above Herald tier.

Also, lol, either Thor, Hyperion, or Hulk could beat Blue Marvel for a majority, he wouldn't stand a chance against them all together. Starbrand stomps.
He was losing to them.............badly. That's why he thanked Nightmask for saving him.

Did you read the scan?

BM would have put up a better fight as evidenced by his manhandling the Avengers team that consisted of : Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Wonderman, Ares and Sentry. At least he flash KOed the Sentry and pummeled the Avengers before he was put down. Unlike the Starbrand which did NOTHING. And BM didn't have any help, unlike the Starbrand.

carver9
Lol...show me a scan of the Avengers stomping the Starbrand. During the end, yes, they had him in a position he couldn't free himself from but before this, he had the advantage.

Lol at BM standing a chance against the Avengers...that's some funny stuff right there.

zopzop
Lol...show me a scan of the Avengers stomping the Starbrand. During the end, yes, they had him in a position he couldn't free himself from but before this, he had the advantage.

Lol at BM standing a chance against the Avengers...that's some funny stuff right there.
No he didn't. Thor knocked him on his @ss. Then Ms. Marvel threw Hulk into him from orbit and knocked him on his @ss again. This took the wind out of his sails and he couldn't break out of the Hulk's grip as Thor came in to finish him off.

The Starbrand did next to NOTHING vs the Avengers. I'm not saying BM would have beat that lineup but he couldn't have done any worse given his track record vs another stacked team of Avengers (Sentry, Wonder Man, Ares, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel).

Tornatic
He did NOT stalemate them. Don't you get it? Otherwise why would he thank Nightmask from "saving him back there" against the Avengers? I provided the scan.

You sure showed me! Not like you backed it with anything. Lol they were only pummeling BM cause he was trying to talk them down at first and holding back. He busted their ass when he decided to let loose a little. One shot Sentry into space and blew iron man, ares, and wonder man off of him.

zopzop
Lol they were only pummeling BM cause he was trying to talk them down at first and holding back. He busted their ass when he decided to let loose a little. One shot Sentry into space and blew iron man, ares, and wonder man off of him.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Pummeling was a poorly chosen word.

Branlor Swift
Starbrand was barely damaged in both fights

And he was holding back.

ODG
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

And he was holding back. Shut up, you!

Why?

... because Hickman molests children, that's why!

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
Shut up, you!

Why?

... because Hickman molests children, that's why! To think, all this hate started with Galactus beating up Celestials.

Poor Zop. His life has been tougher than most

ODG
To think, all this hate started with Galactus beating up Celestials.

Poor Zop. His life has been tougher than most I thought it started with Galactus sweat drops?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
I thought it started with Galactus sweat drops? He's always hated Galactus.

But he used to beat off to the Celestials.

Something within him snapped that day. Maybe his brain stem, maybe his sphincter, but he hasn't been the same since.

TheGodKiller
To think, all this hate started with Galactus beating up Celestials.
He became accepting of it sooner than anticipated. It's more to do with the Starbrand's seeming depreciation to "barely" herald level(in his own twisted perception of reality).

zopzop

And he was holding back.
That "he (aka Starbrand) was holding back" line doesn't work when we have him stating ON PANEL that Nightmask "saved" him from the Avengers.

BM didn't have any help vs the Team that he took on.
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
He became accepting of it sooner than anticipated. It's more to do with the Starbrand's seeming depreciation to "barely" herald level(in his own twisted perception of reality).
It's durability is herald level. That's it. It also grants moderately powerful energy blasts. NO other abilities were displayed. Surfer would wreck it.

Branlor Swift
That "he (aka Starbrand) was holding back" line doesn't work when we have him stating ON PANEL that Nightmask "saved" him from the Avengers.

BM didn't have any help vs the Team that he took on. It does when he got his powers like 5 minutes before that happened.

BM got hurt by almost everyone that took a swing at him. Hell, he was getting beaten one on one by Sentry until he KO'ed him. The first time Starbrand was beating a team of Thor, Hulk, Hype, Iron Man, Cap, etc, until Hulk was thrown from space at him. Hype alone is way above BM

The team BM took on was a second rate team. Starbrand took on the most powerful Avengers line up in history.

zopzop
Starbrand took on the most powerful Avengers line up.
And did NOTHING. Nothing at all. At the end he needed to be saved by Nightmask.

He's exactly what I stated : barely herald level. His durability is around high herald but everything else is lacking. I don't remember but can he even fly? laughing

Damborgson
Yeah, the same Starbrand that thanked Nightmask from saving his @$$ from the Avengers?
http://s3.postimg.org/lzmt8ix2n/saved.jpg

BM got this.

Blue Marvel would lose Thor, Hulk or Hyperion. Is he strong? You bet. But he's a solid notch below strabrand.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
Blue Marvel would lose Thor, Hulk or Hyperion. Is he strong? You bet. But he's a solid notch below strabrand.
I NEVER said he'd beat that Avengers team. I just said he couldn't possibly do worse than the Starbrand who did literally NOTHING.

He's not a notch below the Starbrand. If anything he's more powerful but possibly less durable.

Damborgson
I NEVER said he'd beat that Avengers team. I just said he couldn't possibly do worse than the Starbrand who did literally NOTHING.

He's not a notch below the Starbrand. If anything he's more powerful but possibly less durable.
I know, I never said you did. I said the big boys could each individually take him.

He one shot hyperion and put the Hulk in space. Plus noticeably damaged ironman by hitting Thor. Not to mention took a massive thor/hyperion/hulk slam.

I get that you don't like him. And you definitely don't have to, I don't care for him either, but he's pretty strong.

Branlor Swift
And did NOTHING. Nothing at all. At the end he needed to be saved by Nightmask.

He's exactly what I stated : barely herald level. His durability is around high herald but everything else is lacking. I don't remember but can he even fly? laughing He damaged Hyperion, he damaged Thor and Iron Man, he sent Hulk into space. He was winning until Hulk was thrown from space at him and then held him.
Blue Marvel would have been one paneled against those Avengers.

The second fight he was throwing everyone around until Thor, Hulk, and Hype attacked at the exact same time. And he told them to stop.

Did you even read the issues?

He also had shields capable of deflecting the team's attacks, and durability to tank their attacks.

Right now you're just trolling because you're butthurt because you didn't understand Gruen's work, and you felt that that work should be the average. Even though your understanding of it goes against Starbrand's entire history.

zopzop
He damaged Hyperion, he damaged Thor and Iron Man, he sent Hulk into space. He was winning until Hulk was thrown from space at him and then held him.

The second fight he was throwing everyone around until Thor, Hulk, and Hype attacked at the exact same time. And he told them to stop.

He also had shields capable of deflecting the team's attacks, and durability to tank their attacks.

Right now you're just trolling because you're butthurt because you didn't understand Gruen's work, and you felt that that work should be the average. Even though your understanding of it goes against Starbrand's entire history.
Hilarious. I'm just going to save a little tidbit of info I got from CBR Forums regarding an upcoming fight involving the Starbrand. Who he gets laid out by is too good to spoil. So I stand by my "barely herald level" comment.

Pre Gruenwald, it was the most powerful object in the New Universe. Regarding the post Gruenwald Starbrand, even in Untold Tales it was an object of power unique in all the mutliverse that tapped into/was a conduit of some sort of energy flow that rippled through the multiverse.

Ellis/Hickman's Starbrand is a joke.

ODG
He damaged Hyperion, he damaged Thor and Iron Man, he sent Hulk into space. He was winning until Hulk was thrown from space at him and then held him.

Right now you're just trolling because you're butthurt because you didn't understand Gruen's work, and you felt that that work should be the average. Even though your understanding of it goes against Starbrand's entire history. In his return to the Marvel Universe after a long career of super-heroing, Blue Marvel fights a Mighty Avengers lineup of Sentry, Wonder Man, Ares, Iron Man, and Ms. Marvel. After an extended fight, Sentry divebombs him and Blue Marvel falls defeated and collapses into unconsciousness.

In like the first five minutes of his existence, Starbrand fights an Avengers lineup of Thor, Hyperion, Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Cap. After an extended fight, Hulk divebombs him and Starbrand is still alive and kicking and teleported away.

Hours later, Starbrand fights against a larger and more powerful Avengers group alongside a Nightmask, who doesn't seem to do too much. After an extended fight, Hulk/Hyperion/Thor all divebomb him simultaneously and Starbrand is simply knocked over and tells everyone to stop as he didn't want to fight in the first place and was holding back.

Somehow, Blue Marvel beats Starbrand????????

Tornatic
It does when he got his powers like 5 minutes before that happened.

BM got hurt by almost everyone that took a swing at him. Hell, he was getting beaten one on one by Sentry until he KO'ed him. The first time Starbrand was beating a team of Thor, Hulk, Hype, Iron Man, Cap, etc, until Hulk was thrown from space at him. Hype alone is way above BM

The team BM took on was a second rate team. Starbrand took on the most powerful Avengers line up in history. Hyperion way above BM? BM took out Hyperion with just a few hits you better check the history and Thor and Hulk would have a hell of time with BM. He one shot Sentry and blew iron man, ares, and wonder man off him like they were nothing once he got serious.

Branlor Swift
Hilarious. I'm just going to save a little tidbit of info I got from CBR Forums regarding an upcoming fight involving the Starbrand. Who he gets laid out by is too good to spoil. So I stand by my "barely herald level" comment.

Pre Gruenwald, it was the most powerful object in the New Universe. Regarding the post Gruenwald Starbrand, even in Untold Tales it was an object of power unique in all the mutliverse that tapped into/was a conduit of some sort of energy flow that rippled through the multiverse.

Ellis/Hickman's Starbrand is a joke. Thanks for the insider info.
You sure showed me.

And like I said, your view of how it was portrayed went against its previous history. It was what, asteroid level in its original story? Somehow you figure the correct view to take is the one where you think it can challenge LT?
That makes sense Zop.
But just for fun, spoil what happens so we can match it up with what happens when the story comes out.

Zop's view of Gruenwalk's Starbrand is a joke and is a complete middle finger to its before and after history.

ODG
Hyperion way above BM? BM took out Hyperion with just a few hits you better check the history and Thor and Hulk would have a hell of time with BM. He one shot Sentry and blew iron man, ares, and wonder man off him like they were nothing once he got serious. Different Hyperion. And Blue Marvel did not one shot Sentry. They got into a slugging match and punched each other a bunch. Then Sentry knocked Blue Marvel down and told him to give up before he got serious. Blue Marvel then sent him flying into orbit. The next page Sentry comes back and takes out Blue Marvel.

zopzop
Thanks for the insider info.
You sure showed me.

But just for fun, spoil what happens so we can match it up with what happens when the story comes out.
Nah, sweat it out. Barely herald is about right.

Keep telling yourself that.

curryman
How many barely heralds can tank hit Hyperion like that?

Branlor Swift

Nah, sweat it out. Barely herald is about right.

Keep telling yourself that. Just as I thought, you got nothing.
No need to lie zop.

I think you're the one who needs to keep telling yourself Hickman is ruining the character though.

zopzop
Just as I thought, you got nothing.
No need to lie zop.
Not lying. Just can't wait to rub it in.

Nah. Hickman is for sure phucking up the Starbrand. In the original series it was the most powerful thing in the New Universe. The original series ran for 19 or so issues then the entire New Universe line was canceled.

Gruenwald picked it up and it was a major part of the the storyline in the Quasar comic he was penning. Starting from issue 31 all the way up to the end of the series, the Starbrand played some sort of role (even featuring a major event : Starblast). Gruenwald's Starbrand was around for a longer period of time than the original New Universe one.

Then came Untold Tales of the New Universe (no harm/foul here).

Then came New universal and the beginning of the end. That series was so sh|t it was canceled after 7 issues and the story never concluded. Hickman stupidly decided to continue this trash.

curryman
This kid is foaming at the mouth.

New Universal was ballin'

Branlor Swift

Not lying. Just can't wait to rub it in.

Nah. Hickman is for sure phucking up the Starbrand. In the original series it was the most powerful thing in the New Universe. The original series ran for 19 or so issues then the entire New Universe line was canceled.

Gruenwald picked it up and it was a major part of the the storyline in the Quasar comic he was penning. Starting from issue 31 all the way up to the end of the series, the Starbrand played some sort of role (even featuring a major event : Starblast). Gruenwald's Starbrand was around for a longer period of time than the original New Universe one.

Then came Untold Tales of the New Universe (no harm/foul here).

Then came New universal and the beginning of the end. That series was so sh|t it was canceled after 7 issues and the story never concluded. Hickman stupidly decided to continue this trash. Your type of logic works for anything.
I can't wait until _______ defeats Gladiator so I can rub it in! That'll show everyone he's barely herald!
If you don't specifically point to who beats him, or even give a hint, then it leaves it open for anything to happen, so you can't possibly be wrong!

The fact is, comics are very rarely spoiled at anytime nowadays, let alone weeks, months, or possibly years ahead of their scheduled time. The last time an event was spoiled, was like a day ahead of the end of WWH. So the only thing we're left with is that you're lying.

That tends to happen when you're like the only super powered being in the universe. Fact is, his best feat had to do with an asteroid, and a city wide blast. MULTIVERSAL!!!

Right, so what you're saying is that Gruenwald went against the character.

lol at talking about it being cancelled as a telling of quality though.

zopzop
Originally posted by curryman
This kid is foaming at the mouth.

New Universal was ballin'
That's why it was canceled before the story concluded?

Branlor Swift
That's why it was canceled before the story concluded? Chaos War sold better than it!!!

It must have sucked!

zopzop
Chaos War sold better than it!!!

It must have sucked!
Thank you for proving my point.

As sh|tastic as CW was, at least it was good for a laugh. New Universal couldn't even get that right. thumb down

JakeTheBank
Sales =/= quality of the book.

Phucking Age of Ultron is a best seller...

Branlor Swift
You are literally the worst person on Earth.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sales =/= quality of the book.

Phucking Age of Ultron is a best seller...
Are you trying to make my point for me?

Sales may not equal quality of book, but sales = fan/customer satisfaction with the product right? Now sit back and think how much New Universal sucked that cr@p writing like CW and Age of Ultron are outselling it.

And with CW and AoU we can at least get a laugh out of it on the forums. New Universal is just..........sad.

JakeTheBank

Sales may not equal quality of book, but sales = fan/customer satisfaction with the product right? Now sit back and think how much New Universal sucked that cr@p writing like CW and Age of Ultron are outselling it.

And with CW and AoU we can at least get a laugh out of it on the forums. New Universal is just..........sad.

I honestly fail to see how New Universal is any more horrific than either Chaos War or Age of Ultron. And I have more of a vested interest in the characters involved in Chaos War and AoU than New Universal.

AlmightyKfish

No it doesn't, sales can be due to anything, but not always quality. AoU is written by one of Marvel's biggest writers and has been marketed as a huge deal, thus it's selling well. New Universal was not marketed in such a way, and is barely related to the MU, maybe a reason why it didn't sell well.

But seriously, just because you hate it due to Ellis' interpretation of Starheart doesn't mean it didn't sell because it was bad.

Anyway, as for the thread, Starheart ftw.

curryman

A lot of thing you need to consider.

Such as marketing, what kind of characters are invested into the story and so on.

I can't tell whether you're purposely obtuse or just quarreling to be a little shit.

Stoic
That's the problem right here.

There is no "past stories with the Brand". It, and the rest of the New Universe, was retconned by an @$$hole named Ellis in a series called "New Universal". The series was such crap that it didn't even make it to it's 8th issue and left the story hanging.

Another @$$hole, Hickman, instead of ignoring that trainwreck, decides to pick up where it left off!

So anything from the mid/late 80s Starbrand story, Gruenwald's run, and Untold Tales of the New Universe : Starbrand are gone.

As of now it (the Starbrand) grants Herald level durability and some moderate blasting powers but not much else.

The Surfer is an elite high Herald. He would be beaten down by Thor alone. Adding the Hulk, and Hyperion to the mix would turn him into a high grease spot. Starbrand is above the Herald tier.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
In his return to the Marvel Universe after a long career of super-heroing, Blue Marvel fights a Mighty Avengers lineup of Sentry, Wonder Man, Ares, Iron Man, and Ms. Marvel. After an extended fight, Sentry divebombs him and Blue Marvel falls defeated and collapses into unconsciousness.

In like the first five minutes of his existence, Starbrand fights an Avengers lineup of Thor, Hyperion, Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Cap. After an extended fight, Hulk divebombs him and Starbrand is still alive and kicking and teleported away.

Hours later, Starbrand fights against a larger and more powerful Avengers group alongside a Nightmask, who doesn't seem to do too much. After an extended fight, Hulk/Hyperion/Thor all divebomb him simultaneously and Starbrand is simply knocked over and tells everyone to stop as he didn't want to fight in the first place and was holding back.

Somehow, Blue Marvel beats Starbrand????????

Do you have scans of the second fight.?

Tornatic
Originally posted by ODG
Different Hyperion. And Blue Marvel did not one shot Sentry. They got into a slugging match and punched each other a bunch. Then Sentry knocked Blue Marvel down and told him to give up before he got serious. Blue Marvel then sent him flying into orbit. The next page Sentry comes back and takes out Blue Marvel. Lol I know what happened. I meant he one shot Sentry into space. To have that kind of explosive power along with energy projection, durability, and everything else he has BM is not some low herald. He's up there with the big guns.

carver9
Starbrand is pass the big guns.

ODG
Do you have scans of the second fight.? http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand01.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand03.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand04.jpg

Here is the "barely herald" Starbrand's second fight with the most powerful Avengers team in history.

smh

Zack Fair
Starbrand is clearly Iron Man level.

celeyhyga17
This is really stomp bordering on spite. Surprised thread still up....

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand01.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand02.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand03.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Starbrand04.jpg

Here is the "barely herald" Starbrand's second fight with the most powerful Avengers team in history.

smh

Lol...come on Zop...clearly above Herald level.

zopzop
Lol...come on Zop...clearly above Herald level.
Carver, my friend.

A) He, Starbrand, had help (Nightmask)
B) He did NO lasting damage (didn't even beat a SINGLE MEMBER of the Avengers lineup).
C) Displayed no versatility in his powers. He just has about high herald level durability and some moderately powerful energy blasts. He can't even fly, he just seems to hover.

To compare it to something else Hickman wrote : Just recently an alt reality Terrax (that infamous jobber) was tearing apart the Illuminati till Black Bolt sucker attacked him.

BM kicks his @ss.

AlmightyKfish
Carver, my friend.

A) He, Starbrand, had help (Nightmask)
B) He did NO lasting damage (didn't even beat a SINGLE MEMBER of the Avengers lineup).
C) Displayed no versatility in his powers. He just has about high herald level durability and some moderately powerful energy blasts. He can't even fly, he just seems to hover.

To compare it to something else Hickman wrote : Just recently an alt reality Terrax (that infamous jobber) was tearing apart the Illuminati till Black Bolt sucker attacked him.

BM kicks his @ss.

Yeah, Terrax wading through Beast, Reed, Black Panther and Iron Man and then losing once an actual high herald got involved is more impressive than Starbrand no selling Hulk, Thor and Hyperion's hits and having no lasting damage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stoic
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Yeah, Terrax wading through Beast, Reed, Black Panther and Iron Man and then losing once an actual high herald got involved is more impressive than Starbrand no selling Hulk, Thor and Hyperion's hits and having no lasting damage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think that you may be on to something here. Zop is discounting the amount of PIS that is poured into comics to keep our favorite heroes from an early grave. The Brand is clearly meant to be above the Herald tier. I would give it High Trans at the very least. I like Adam but he loses here. He'd never be able to hurt a Brand user for one, which should tell us "all", everything that we need to know.

zopzop
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
You left out Namor and Dr. Strange. He was only put down when Black Bolt sucker attacked him.

Sucker attacks are a poor way to gauge a fight. We've seen how on numerous occasions Thor is more than capable of giving Hulk a fight. Yet if he's sucker attacked by Hulk, he gets one shotted (see the recent Avengers vs Thanos encounter as proof).

A notorious jobber was schooling the Illuminati.

Back to the thread topic :
The Avengers were in NO danger from the Starbrand but he, by his OWN ADMISSION, needed to be saved from them by Nightmask.

BM was on his own vs a pretty stacked Team of Avengers (Ares, Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Wonder Man, Iron Man) and he was OWNING them. It was only after Sentry sucker attacked him that he went down.

Stoic
You left out Namor and Dr. Strange. He was only put down when Black Bolt sucker attacked him.

Sucker attacks are a poor way to gauge a fight. We've seen how on numerous occasions Thor is more than capable of giving Hulk a fight. Yet if he's sucker attacked by Hulk, he gets one shotted (see the recent Avengers vs Thanos encounter as proof).

A notorious jobber was schooling the Illuminati.

Back to the thread topic :
The Avengers were in NO danger from the Starbrand but he, by his OWN ADMISSION, needed to be saved from them by Nightmask.

BM was on his own vs a pretty stacked Team of Avengers (Ares, Ms. Marvel, Sentry, Wonder Man, Iron Man) and he was OWNING them. It was only after Sentry sucker attacked him that he went down.

Even Ken Connell needed help on the use of the Brand, Elvis wasn't a pro to the Brands usage either when he first possessed it. C'mon dude, your talking about a newbie with incredible power being inept at how to properly use it, against seasoned vets capable of crushing worlds.

carver9
Hhhhmmm, it does look like Hickman is still clinging to Hype and Hulk (think he is talking about Thor as well) as being planet killers and World Breakers.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html#/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html?&_suid=13687323744180721100218128413

Amazing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.