A question about post RotJ books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GM Skywalker
Which books are most critical to the main story line? I don't have too much time to read (school) and wanted to start reading.

P.S. Could you list them in order? Thanks!

GM Skywalker

Lord Lucien
You couldn't just Google the answer?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books

GM Skywalker
I did already. :P </thread>
Thanks

Q99
Originally posted by GM Skywalker
Which books are most critical to the main story line? I don't have too much time to read (school) and wanted to start reading.

P.S. Could you list them in order? Thanks!

The main storyline?

Courtship of Princess Leia and "Heir to the Empire" trilogy would be the big ones.

Then some books about the founding of the Jedi Academy... I, Jedi is probably the best of those (the Jedi Academy Trilogy is technically more major, but iirc I, Jedi covers many of the events from a different angle and is better written).

Then the 'Hand of Thrawn duology,' I guess. It's not *as* important but it helps bridge the time gap.

Then starts the 'New Jedi Order' series and the Vong war, which is literally a 19 book story arc. I'm really not sure all of which is the most important in there, but Vector Prime, Dark Tide I and II, Traitor, and probably the last one are the ones I hear about the most.

Then there's ones that aren't technically 'main,' but are very fun and awesome, like the X-wing Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron novels. They take place before any of the above, and are very good. Not Luke/Leia focused, but they still have a lot to do with reasonably big events.

Names to look out for are Timothy Zahn, Michael A. Stackpole, Aaron Allston, and Matthew Stover. All of them write good stuff.

Vensai
Honestly, I'd start with the Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn to kickstart your interest in post RoTJ books.

GM Skywalker
Thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.