Current Iron Man vs Savage Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
CIS off. No BFR. Who wins?

armedforbattle
Ironman could take a few wins but not the majority.

Hulk 6/10.

thanos-prime
Hulk, something like 8-9/10.

SamZED
Really? I thought current IM would win this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk took a colossal dump all over Iron Man in the AvX #7 a few weeks ago. Current Iron Man is mid-herald imo and Hulk made him look like freaking Stilt-Man.

Hulk ftw.

thanos-prime
Power difference was pretty clear in a recent Hulk issue, Iron Man completely failed to damage a SHIELD Hulkbuster-type robot with a full power blast that left him completely drained; Hulk(at low levels of rage, lol) casually destroyed it by landing on it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, Hulk's base walking around strength is easily Elite Top Tier even in the Savage incarnation depending on the writer.

dmills
Iron Man.

carver9
They fought 3 times recently and Ironman got stomped each time. It's pretty clear Hulk is above him quite a distance. This fight isn't fair at all.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk took a colossal dump all over Iron Man in the AvX #7 a few weeks ago. Current Iron Man is mid-herald imo and Hulk made him look like freaking Stilt-Man.

Hulk ftw.

Most non biased guy on this forum. thumb up

-Pr-
Rage, you've got something hanging from your belt.

MF DELPH
laughing

curryman
Cis off?

IM every time.

TheHulk
Hulks wins 8.5/10

TheHulk
Originally posted by curryman
Cis off?

IM every time. Are you seriously following the logic where if a character that is much more versatile than Hulk, has CIS off , gets a win? What the f**k?

cdtm
Cis off?

IM every time.

How?

ODG
Originally posted by carver9
They fought 3 times recently and Ironman got stomped each time. It's pretty clear Hulk is above him quite a distance. This fight isn't fair at all. Actually, the last time Iron Man fought Savage Hulk was in Mighty Avengers and he beat him. Granted, there will be no leaking booster rocket full of high-yield propellant in this matchup.

curryman
Originally posted by TheHulk
Are you seriously following the logic where if a character that is much more versatile than Hulk, has CIS off , gets a win? What the f**k?

Are you confused?

CIS off means that Iron Man won't be hindered by "Character induced stupidity". Considering that Iron Man has a fairly good track record against Hulk, several ways of dealing with Gamma energy, illusions, is much faster, etc it shouldn't be that much of a problem to deal with the Hulk.

Aaaaand current IM is stronger than we've seen him in a long time.

Nibedicus
Is current Iron Man familiar with that tech Banner used to calm himself down?

Bentley
laughing out loud at Iron Man being Mid Herald.

JakeTheBank
Hulk in a tough fight. Iron Man can certainly put together a win given his feats and the fact that he has already.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ IM being a mid herald. Hulk wins.

carver9
Don't know why Ironman isn't a Mid Herald, especially going by his fts.

guy222
hulk kicks his ass

armedforbattle
He isn't far off from mid herald.

TheHulk
Low Herald coming close to mid herald. That's more accurate.

TheHulk
Most non biased guy on this forum. thumb up no

curryman
Originally posted by Bentley

Word.

He doesn't need to be in order to beat Savage Hulk tho stick out tongue

TheHulk
Are you confused?

CIS off means that Iron Man won't be hindered by "Character induced stupidity". Considering that Iron Man has a fairly good track record against Hulk, several ways of dealing with Gamma energy, illusions, is much faster, etc it shouldn't be that much of a problem to deal with the Hulk.

Aaaaand current IM is stronger than we've seen him in a long time. Ohh i know what is CIS lol.

Lol yea of course he is stronger...but still not enough.

curryman
Ohh i know what is CIS lol.

Lol yea of course he is stronger...but still not enough.

Not strong enough, but stronger than the last incidents where he defeated the Hulk.

Halfamazing

TheHulk
Not strong enough, but stronger than the last incidents where he defeated the Hulk. Like how Hulk busted a Hulkbuster(see what I did there) when both *curren* IM and beast couldn't ? The same Hulk,IM beated before? Face it! Those lost are years ago! You can barely count them anymore.

Damborgson
Ironman could qualify as a mid herald I guess. I've usually seen him as low though. A threat to the high's, but not enough to pull wins.

janus77
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Is current Iron Man familiar with that tech Banner used to calm himself down?
Nope, Banner's tech is likely too sophisticated for Tony to grasp.

pym-ftw
Hulk wins 9/10 imho

Bentley
Originally posted by Damborgson
Ironman could qualify as a mid herald I guess. I've usually seen him as low though. A threat to the high's, but not enough to pull wins.

He's scratching the bottom of the low herald barrel, at best. Among the mid heralds there are legitimate planet busters, Iron Man is comically outmatched against most of them.

Mindset
He's scratching the bottom of the low herald barrel, at best. Among the mid heralds there are legitimate planet busters, Iron Man is comically outmatched against most of them. This picture says the opposite.

http://s7.postimg.org/gzcgg357f/Gfhds.jpg

Damborgson
He's scratching the bottom of the low herald barrel, at best. Among the mid heralds there are legitimate planet busters, Iron Man is comically outmatched against most of them.

I'm basing it off of how well he's done against his peers. He's got a very large history of being able to compete with guys who are out of his league. Until they kick it up a notch of course.

As far as his destructive power, of course he's out matched. His tech and versatility though balance him out.

carver9
Like how Hulk busted a Hulkbuster(see what I did there) when both *curren* IM and beast couldn't ? The same Hulk,IM beated before? Face it! Those lost are years ago! You can barely count them anymore.

Please don't fuss with him about the Hulk, its pointless.

ozz81
Majority Hulk

curryman
I'm basing it off of how well he's done against his peers. He's got a very large history of being able to compete with guys who are out of his league. Until they kick it up a notch of course.

As far as his destructive power, of course he's out matched. His tech and versatility though balance him out.

I don't wanna get into this here, but Iron Man does not have a history of legitimately duking it out with Mid Heralds.

Due to being a major character and having been around for tens and tens of years he's bound to get a couple of feats like that, but it's nowhere near the average. The idea that he would actually be equal/comparable to the Silver Surfer no expression

Mindset
Surfer is the top echelon of high herald, why are you even bringing him up?

No mid herald is comparable to SS.

curryman
Originally posted by Mindset
Surfer is the top echelon of high herald, why are you even bringing him up?

No mid herald is comparable to SS.

Sure there are smile

Mindset
Name them.

curryman
Name them.

Black Adam or Captain Marvel, Flashes, Nate Grey, Captain Comet, Nate Grey, Kurse, Zod and a couple more smile

Mindset
Do you know what a mid herald is?

curryman
Do you know what a mid herald is?

We're done here smile

Mindset
I'll take that as a "no".

Now suck me, beautiful.

Damborgson
I don't wanna get into this here, but Iron Man does not have a history of legitimately duking it out with Mid Heralds.

Due to being a major character and having been around for tens and tens of years he's bound to get a couple of feats like that, but it's nowhere near the average. The idea that he would actually be equal/comparable to the Silver Surfer no expression

Why did you single out mid heralds? I think ironman is low herald, and I said his peers are whom he's fought it out with.

Wtf are you talking about?

He's got plenty of good showings. Good showings against Thor, Hulk, Surfer, Sentry, etc. The difference in power is clear, but it's also clear that he's not a non factor while they're operating at average levels.

curryman
Why did you single out mid heralds? I think ironman is low herald, and I said his peers are whom he's fought it out with.

Wtf are you talking about?

He's got plenty of good showings. Good showings against Thor, Hulk, Surfer, Sentry, etc. The difference in power is clear, but it's also clear that he's not a non factor while they're operating at average levels. '

Cause you replied to someone who made a comment about how ludicrous it would be to put Iron Man in mid-herald. Also, please realize what a terribly slippery slope ABC logic is.

Surviving is not a "good showing". You're supposed to be able to compete with people in your tier, and Iron Man's struggling as it is in the low-herald category.

Damborgson
'

Cause you replied to someone who made a comment about how ludicrous it would be to put Iron Man in mid-herald. Also, please realize what a terribly slippery slope ABC logic is.

Surviving is not a "good showing". You're supposed to be able to compete with people in your tier, and Iron Man's struggling as it is in the low-herald category.

That is my exact quote. I saw some controversy on the matter and I gave my opinion. Not directed at anyone specifically as I didn't quote anyone. What ABC logic did I use?

I didn't use that terminology either. Who the hell are you debating? He's given them fights. And won some of them no less.

Mindset
Damb, did you see his list of "mid heralds"?

This guy is obviously a commie.

JakeTheBank
Black Adam or Captain Marvel, Flashes, Nate Grey, Captain Comet, Nate Grey, Kurse, Zod and a couple more smile

Yeah, the KMC tier list is a mess which is why the mods are slowly trying to refine it. I personally wouldn't consider any of those guys to be "mid heralds". Maybe Barry Allen and depending on the Comet.

armedforbattle
Yeah... Dr. Doom, DoS Doomsday & Ultron are listed as low herald.

Its not exactly accurate right now.

carver9

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, the KMC tier list is a mess which is why the mods are slowly trying to refine it. I personally wouldn't consider any of those guys to be "mid heralds". Maybe Barry Allen and depending on the Comet. Jake, dont talk to him like he's people.

dmills
laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Hulk. It isn't really even a debate

leonidas
This picture says the opposite.

http://s7.postimg.org/gzcgg357f/Gfhds.jpg

i hate you a little for making me open that.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by janus77

no expression

Yeeaeeeeh NOT so much

curryman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, the KMC tier list is a mess which is why the mods are slowly trying to refine it. I personally wouldn't consider any of those guys to be "mid heralds". Maybe Barry Allen and depending on the Comet.

Yeah okay, but as far as that goes I don't know any consensus beyond what the list. I'm being ridiculed for calling the people in the mid-herald category mid-herald.

Bentley

That's not how the list worked back in the day, half of the Flashes were mid heralds with good reason, Magneto was scratching the bottom of the barrel for Low herald, I struggled for months to get Kang into the low herald category.

Iron-Man has outliers, but so does Wolverine, this is unrelated with how the lists were conceived before. I get that people want to argue about IM handling the Hulk in occasion, or getting good hits against powerful characters, but he'd still classify comfortably as bottom low herald, which isn't that difference from what he already was: the top notch high meta.

The problem with lifting up the list is that the word herald will be thrown around with characters that have no business using it. I mean, are people advocating for Doom to mid-herald already? This is calling for tier inflation pretty fast.

TheHulk
Please don't fuss with him about the Hulk, its pointless. Yea true...Curryman is just hot curry that burns Hulk and his readers lips...

curryman
Yea true...Curryman is just hot curry that burns Hulk and his readers lips...

lmao, this post is too much laughing

Mindset
Originally posted by leonidas
i hate you a little for making me open that. Originally posted by dmills
laughing out loud

Black Adam or Captain Marvel, Flashes, Nate Grey, Captain Comet, Nate Grey, Kurse, Zod and a couple more smile theyr'e all high heralds.

Iron man is a high meta. low herald at the very best.

And hulk crushes him

Oliver North
wow, that didn't work....

anyways, ya, Iron Man is NOT mid herald.

SamZED
With prep he's low heral probably and he's always prepped. Fight with Magneto is a good example.

he isnt always prepped, if that were the case, he'd have tailor made weapons for all enemies he encounters. he specifically prepped for mags because he knew he'd find him.

ODG
Originally posted by 753
he isnt always prepped, if that were the case, he'd have tailor made weapons for all enemies he encounters. he specifically prepped for mags because he knew he'd find him. It's true he prepped for Magneto. His Bleeding Edge suit consists of iron and platinum nanoparticle bundles. In his fight with Magneto, the suit was made of carbon nanotubes and contained a neodynium high-grade super-magnet swarm numbering in the millions.

One thing to remember though is that the amount of time between the Avengers realizing they had to go to Utopia (after speaking with Wolverine) and actually assaulting Utopia was very limited. That all happened in the space of one issue and looked to be, based on side issues of Avengers and New Avengers, less than a day.

So unless Stark is capable of rebuilding his entire suit and creating a couple million magnets in only hours, he probably had the tech laying around already.

HulkIsHulk
Hulk totally demolished him in Original Sin. Hated Banner's charatcerization a bit though

Tony Stark

mad

<--------------Check out the avatar FTR

carver9
Ironman is Mid Herald and stop bumping these old threads with obvious winners. If you want to bump a thread with Hulk, bump that Thanos vs Hulk thread, you'll most def get results. Hulk just fought an amped Ironman and took him out with one punch and peeled his armor like a banana. Before that he withstood an continent level attack from Ironman and tanked it (if anything, it hurt his ears) and afterwards tanked an attack from a more powerful Ironman that gave it his all. I know it feels good saying, Hulk wins, but dang, at least bump threads that hasn't recently happened in comics or a thread where he is fighting someone in his tier.

kgkg
Mid Herald? lol

janus77
Street Level with Ambition?

HulkIsHulk
Ironman is Mid Herald and stop bumping these old threads with obvious winners. If you want to bump a thread with Hulk, bump that Thanos vs Hulk thread, you'll most def get results. Hulk just fought an amped Ironman and took him out with one punch and peeled his armor like a banana. Before that he withstood an continent level attack from Ironman and tanked it (if anything, it hurt his ears) and afterwards tanked an attack from a more powerful Ironman that gave it his all. I know it feels good saying, Hulk wins, but dang, at least bump threads that hasn't recently happened in comics or a thread where he is fighting someone in his tier.
I replied to this thread 'cause the fanboys here were annoying. The movies can bring soem bad results like this. Missile to take down Hulk lol. Many seems not to have understood that a non-jobbing Hulk destroys IM most of the time. When I get back my computer I am goona do a IM vs Hulk fights breakdown. That'll show them.

HulkIsHulk
Street Level with Ambition?
lol. IM herald level though, even if he's just scratching the surface.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Funny enough Classic IM was more powerful than current one. He beat the Hulk, Silver Surfer and was far more dangerous and efficient than now.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Funny enough Classic IM was more powerful than current one. He beat the Hulk, Silver Surfer and was far more dangerous and efficient than now.

Or Hulk got a power increase.

SamZED
So did Spider-man. cool

krisblaze

He never really beat the Silver Surfer, but he certainly did defeat the Hulk and Terrax.

Hulk's writers have ditched all ideas of consistency in favour of a character whose strength is PURELY dictated by the plot (yay tension, right?), so I doubt Iron Man could stand a chance.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by krisblaze
He never really beat the Silver Surfer, but he certainly did defeat the Hulk and Terrax.

Hulk's writers have ditched all ideas of consistency in favour of a character whose strength is PURELY dictated by the plot (yay tension, right?), so I doubt Iron Man could stand a chance.

What about this?
http://i.stack.imgur.com/oq464.jpg

krisblaze
What about this?
http://i.stack.imgur.com/oq464.jpg

I actually thought that was Terrax laughing

Wasn't his fight with Terrax just like that?

abhilegend
Tony has fought Surfer to a double KO twice.

DARTH POWER

thumb up

Classic IM was a Powerhouse.

I think he also fought off Thor to a standstill once after being enhanced by his Lightning strike (kind of like what happened in The Avengers movie).

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
thumb up

I think he also fought off Thor to a standstill once after being enhanced by his Lightning strike (kind of like what happened in The Avengers movie).
maybe he's also far more arrogant than before which affects his judgement

carver9
thumb up

He's wrong though. Ironman has become more powerful than his classic days. The only reason he can't beat Hulk or Surfer anymore is because the two of them became more powerful as well. Far more powerful. Ironman can still hang with Heralds though. Prof is just wrong on that acct.

janus77
The cool thing with Hulk is that there are still Savage Hulk feats that current Hulk would have to work to match (though he would do it).

Punching through a Time Storm, destroying a dimension with a thunderclap ... Savage Hulk wasn't weak at all, just prone to not being interested in a fight, unless it was against someone really powerful and for life or death.

carver9
The cool thing with Hulk is that there are still Savage Hulk feats that current Hulk would have to work to match (though he would do it).

Punching through a Time Storm, destroying a dimension with a thunderclap ... Savage Hulk wasn't weak at all, just prone to not being interested in a fight, unless it was against someone really powerful and for life or death.

He already punched through a time recently and his recent ft was better than the one he did in the past. Well, he didn't destroy a dimension but he did exhaust the power of a being that controlled a IG user and the Phoenix Force. His fts are crazy these days. They just keep coming.

The Sorrow
Hulk isn't as inconsistent as he once was, though the very nature of his power is to be dynamic which can explain SOME of his past low showings.

I think at some point (more than likely due to the success of Planet Hulk and WWH where he was the star of his own crossover event) he was catapulted into the forefront as one of Marvels flagship characters and in turn his "niche" in the Marvel Universe as "the strongest there is" was really nailed down.

Hulk was treated as an almost parodic character by certain writers at times, however now pretty much across the board he is treated with the respect that a being of his stature, power and iconic status should receive. This can be viewed as a "push" but Hulk has always been capable of hax strength/durability feats, although now he does it on a far more consistent basis.

My main gripe with Hulk currently is that his strength is almost TOO plot devicey, and the whole madder/stronger aspect of his powers isn't played up anywhere near as much as it used to be. Now he just is the strongest and will only become more powerful from there, or not at all if the writer sees fit.

janus77
I'm just glad the Waid shit is over with, Aarons, Waid and whatsisface the other guy ... truly ****ed up Hulk beyond any hopes of repair, or so I'd felt.

Green Scar gone, Banner just a resentful genius always teetering on the edge of madness and intent on killing the "monster" Hulk ... As if Planet Hulk, WWH and pretty much everything over the last decade hadn't happened.

Anyway, Doc Green is "interesting" and the Savage Hulk super-genius/TK potential stuff is also very promising.

Mostly though, the shit shower that was Waid, is over. Stories that are interesting (or less stupid) are in the pipeline and Hulk is intelligent again.

As far as power levels and where Hulk should be placed, I think Hulk should actually feature very little. It should be Banner science-ing the hell out of Earth threatening problems and then, just when thing seem like they're going to spiral out of all control, Banner Hulks out and the agency of chaos saves the day as Banner's planning and scheming - however great they are - can never be an adequate substitute to the raw rampaging brutality of The Hulk.

It'd be a continuation of the lesson that Hulk taught The Leader, The Mad Thinker, Stark, Reed etc ... That Hulk is the "smartest one there is". They cannot think past his power, they cannot do without his chaotic, uncontrollable, unquantifiable and impossible to calculate contributions.

Hulk should be reserved for cosmic/demon god type threats as well as occasionally being manipulated into almost destroying The Avengers/X-Men/Earth when some demon or Thanos or some other entity finds it smartest to use Hulk against The Earth, rather than attempt to match their own strengths against Hulk and Earth.

Banner should invent a flight-suit for Hulk, then go cosmic.

carver9
I'm just glad the Waid shit is over with, Aarons, Waid and whatsisface the other guy ... truly ****ed up Hulk beyond any hopes of repair, or so I'd felt.

Green Scar gone, Banner just a resentful genius always teetering on the edge of madness and intent on killing the "monster" Hulk ... As if Planet Hulk, WWH and pretty much everything over the last decade hadn't happened.

Anyway, Doc Green is "interesting" and the Savage Hulk super-genius/TK potential stuff is also very promising.

Mostly though, the shit shower that was Waid, is over. Stories that are interesting (or less stupid) are in the pipeline and Hulk is intelligent again.

As far as power levels and where Hulk should be placed, I think Hulk should actually feature very little. It should be Banner science-ing the hell out of Earth threatening problems and then, just when thing seem like they're going to spiral out of all control, Banner Hulks out and the agency of chaos saves the day as Banner's planning and scheming - however great they are - can never be an adequate substitute to the raw rampaging brutality of The Hulk.

It'd be a continuation of the lesson that Hulk taught The Leader, The Mad Thinker, Stark, Reed etc ... That Hulk is the "smartest one there is". They cannot think past his power, they cannot do without his chaotic, uncontrollable, unquantifiable and impossible to calculate contributions.

Hulk should be reserved for cosmic/demon god type threats as well as occasionally being manipulated into almost destroying The Avengers/X-Men/Earth when some demon or Thanos or some other entity finds it smartest to use Hulk against The Earth, rather than attempt to match their own strengths against Hulk and Earth.

Hickman is doing that. Banner is rarely if ever on scene in the Avengers, it's usually Banner putting together some things on the side line for the team. Waid was a terrible writer though but he did show us that Hulk is still extremely powerful.

krisblaze
mfw Hulk fans try to pretend that they care about anything but feats

mfw when those same fans thought that WWH and WBH were quality arcs

9xH0xorgUoI

The Sorrow

Agree with this.

At first I quite liked the whole silent, force of nature schtick Waid had going for Hulk because it gave Hulk something of a fear factor which I think he should have, but it got old pretty fast and wasn't helped by the boring storylines and underwhelming villains. This new "Doc Green" persona has me interested again though, he reminds me of early Merged Hulk who was super intelligent but still had a mean streak in him and also seems to have a similar power level to Paks Hulk outside of WWH/HOTM. Jim Starlins cosmic Hulk/Thanos mini should be good too, if for nothing else other than seeing Hulk do more than be SHIELDs attack dog and actually interacting with cosmic characters.

I do think that although Pak wanked the hell out of Hulk, he gave the character direction and purpose but Aaron, Waid etc dropped the ball (compare what Aaron did with Thor to his Hulk run and you'll see just how true my comment about Hulk almost being a parody to some writers is). Hulk should've gone cosmic after Pak left, but instead Marvel reverted to type and put Hulk "back in his box" if you like by making him a "villain" (Fear Itself) and fighting Banner again (Incredible Hulk) for no apparent reason. At least things are finally starting to improve storywise too after a few wasted years.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hulk isn't as inconsistent as he once was, though the very nature of his power is to be dynamic which can explain SOME of his past low showings.

thumb up

Yeah the whole nature of his powers are what people don't get when they say Superman is stronger than Hulk at base strength. Because his base strength could start at completely different levels (in the past at least).

Hulk's just the strongest one there is, which I think people just need to deal with and stop with this "Oh no but Hulk's BASE STRENGTH is only at so and so level..."

His "Base Strength" even in the past could easily be above the likes of Thor, Gladiator and yes even Superman.

krisblaze
if Hulk's the strongest one there is, why are his feats lower than say Superman? no expression

carver9
thumb up

Yeah the whole nature of his powers are what people don't get when they say Superman is stronger than Hulk at base strength. Because his base strength could start at completely different levels (in the past at least).

Hulk's just the strongest one there is, which I think people just need to deal with and stop with this "Oh no but Hulk's BASE STRENGTH is only at so and so level..."

His "Base Strength" even in the past could easily be above the likes of Thor, Gladiator and yes even Superman.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Then it's not really a base, if it's constantly different....

janus77
Hulk's strength is BASELESS! big grin

DARTH POWER
if Hulk's the strongest one there is, why are his feats lower than say Superman? no expression

They've both got insane feats but it's not all about feats. There's power scaling involved as well.

So for instance when Hulk easily and consistently overpowers the likes of Thor and Gladiator (physically), then by default he has the equivalent of feats which vastly outstrip anything the 2 of those have done.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Supermans strength is dynamic, he can push himself beyond his standard strength levels. Hulks strength is only limitless by hyperbole, by feats Superman beats him easily. So we end up with hyperbole vs actual strength feats and those suggest that Superman lives up to his hype, Hulk doesn't.

carver9
Supermans strength is dynamic, he can push himself beyond his standard strength levels. Hulks strength is only limitless by hyperbole, by feats Superman beats him easily. So we end up with hyperbole vs actual strength feats and those suggest that Superman lives up to his hype, Hulk doesn't.

laughing out loud

carver9
They've both got insane feats but it's not all about feats. There's power scaling involved as well.

So for instance when Hulk easily and consistently overpowers the likes of Thor and Gladiator (physically), then by default he has the equivalent of feats which vastly outstrip anything the 2 of those have done.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Yep, and Batman Prime has convinced me that fights doesn't matter. We go by fts. Batman P also said that the JLA Darkseid fought was watered down.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

mad

You know I posted that to be a smart a**. Stop saving my posts.

krisblaze

Consistently overpowers Hulk and Gladiator, bullshit...

Doesn't matter anyways, Superman has better feats and he also has dynamic strength (just like Thor or any main-character with Super-strength).

The Sorrow

Doesn't matter anyways, Superman has better feats and he also has dynamic strength (just like Thor or any main-character with Super-strength).
None of them have true dynamic power. Certainly nowhwere near on the same level Hulk does.

krisblaze

I meant to say Thor and Gladiator, haha.

He doesn't consistently overpower Gladiator though. He fought Gladiator once, where he was getting overpowered and then won because Gladiator was nearby a radioactive plant...which drained him for some reason.

DARTH POWER
I meant to say Thor and Gladiator, haha.

He doesn't consistently overpower Gladiator though. He fought Gladiator once, where he was getting overpowered and then won because Gladiator was nearby a radioactive plant...which drained him for some reason.

I meant consistently Physically overpower people of that caliber. He's proven himself stronger than Gladiator the one time they fought and has consistently proven himself to be considerably stronger than Thor. Thor and Gladiator are on a similar level strength wise.

Hulk was beating Glads before he started getting drained. The draining was just part of the end put down.

Either way it was clear Hulk was stronger. Overall Power is something different to whose Physically stronger which is what we're talking about here.

Besides wasn't that a weaker incarnation of Hulk? Certainly weaker than Current Hulk, but still clearer stronger than Gladiator.

krisblaze
I meant consistently Physically overpower people of that caliber. He's proven himself stronger than Gladiator the one time they fought and has consistently proven himself to be considerably stronger than Thor. Thor and Gladiator are on a similar level strength wise.

Hulk was beating Glads before he started getting drained. The draining was just part of the end put down.

Either way it was clear Hulk was stronger. Overall Power is something different to whose Physically stronger which is what we're talking about here.

Besides wasn't that a weaker incarnation of Hulk? Certainly weaker than Current Hulk, but still clearer stronger than Gladiator.

Gladiator was weakened at the time. The Hulk fighting him is not the Hulk proving that he's stronger than him. That's just the Hulk fighting him.

He has not proven himself to be considerably stronger, and Thor still has better strength feats.

So yeah, stop lying smile

LGU
Gladiator was weakened at the time.

Gladiator was beaten before the radiation from the nuclear core became a factor. Gladiator was not weakened when Hulk was dragging his bleeding, limp, defenseless body around.

Yes, he has. Numerous times. The Hulk vs Thor strength thing ceased to be a debate decades ago.

No. Just... no.

Cheers.

krisblaze
Sock, please.

The core went active the second Gladiator and the Hulk crashed.

How do you think the Hulk became aware of Gladiator's weakness to radiation?

And Gladiator was beaten by his own devices, it had nothing to do with strength, it was him not shutting off his eyebeams no expression

LGU
Sock, please.

The core went active the second Gladiator and the Hulk crashed.

The core did go critical when they crash landed. But nuclear reactors have some pretty serious shielding that prevents radiation from escaping; there was never any indication that this had been breached.

If the radiation was leaking out, why did Hulk need to take Gladiator in to the core to trigger his radiation weakness?

The clear inference is that Gladiator's own eye beams being reflected back on to himself triggered the radiation weakness. Hulk had no idea the reactor was going critical at that point; Gladiator attributed his pain to the "feedback" of his own eye beams.

Never said otherwise.

Your tacit concessions - that Hulk is indeed considerably stronger than Thor, and that Hulk indeed has superior strength feats to Thor - are both accepted, by the way.

Cheers.

krisblaze
Get off the trolling, troll smile

LGU
Get off the trolling, troll smile

How very droll.

Your numerous tacit concessions are accepted.

Cheers.

krisblaze
Don't worry, sock, there's plenty of room in my ignore list.

Iron Man wins smile

janus77
So krisblaze is having a meltdown?

Hulk wins, easily.

carver9
Lol...yeah he is having a melt down. It's hilarious he quote comics he doesn't know a thing about just to try and make Hulk look bad. His hate for this character is hilarious. By the way, good posts LGU.

carver9
Also, a calm Hulk just beat an amped Ironman (who in this same story hit Hulk with a continent and a state and then after this, he got in a more amplified armor and hit Hulk with everything he had and Hulk walked through it) with one punch and then ripped his armor like tissue paper. Lol at him saying Ironman wins, and he is calling LGU a troll. Really?

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644404_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-002.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644345_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-003.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644349_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-004.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644357_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-005.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644364_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-006.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644369_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-007.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644377_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-008.jpg

celeyhyga17
Hulk does not consistently overpower Thor physically. It's a give and take, but slightly in Hulk's favor.

LGU
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hulk does not consistently overpower Thor physically. It's a give and take, but slightly in Hulk's favor.

It's not a give and take, and there is not much "slightly" about it. Thor hasn't looked good against the Hulk in purely physical terms since 1973. Hulk has flatly overpowered him (again in purely physical terms) numerous times in the intervening four decades. And that is only talking about the direct comparisons - factoring in the indirect evidence too paints an even clearer picture.

Cheers.

Tony Stark

rolling on floor laughing

Iron Man is without question a mid herald, he's way to versatile.

CIS off Iron Man wins the high majority 8/10. There is truly little reason for him to attempt go only hand2hand with HULK.

Jashro44
Unless I'm missing something the black and gold armor has been pretty unimpressive if thats the armor we are talking about?

carver9
Well, the armor you seen there was his Hulk buster armor...and then he got into an amplified Hulk buster. I guess you can show me any other Ironman suit shooting out Continental level blasts.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

HulkIsHulk
Supermans strength is dynamic, he can push himself beyond his standard strength levels.

But something which DC was never explicit about. While int he case of Hulk it was a part and parcel of him from the beginning?
By Adrenaline boosts, sun amping or others amps, or writer intrepretation and plot power? Like pretty much any other fictional character? Sure.
Or to be more precise, like Spiderman's dynamic strength, the "heartforce" with which he pushes himself above his standard levels. Heck, even Wolverine has had adrenaline boosted moments where his strength, durability healing and speed rocketed up.

Hulks strength is only limitless by hyperbole, by feats Superman beats him easily.

Hyperbole enough so that even cosmics comment on it? Lol.
And about feats, its subjective to time. After the next reboot, he'll again have zero feats. And its more on quantifiable feats. In terms of unquantifiable space cheese feats Superman will be owned by Hulk. If you mean the combined feats of Flashpoint, Pre-Crisis, Golden Age, silver agr, pre flashpoint all combined, then I Hulk can have the feats from Maestro, Space Punsher arc, Herald of Galactus Hulk, etc.

So we end up with hyperbole vs actual strength feats and those suggest that Superman lives up to his hype, Hulk doesn't.
You wish. Wait, oh I get it. Better popularity fanboy power right? Then Superman sweeps.

And most of all, Hulk didn't need Superman like hype to get the job done despite the disrespect he gets from his company while Superman is the wanked big boy of DC Comics. Hulk on the other hand isn't allowed to abuse his power, which is why I prefer the big green guy over the blue boyscout.

And by the way, nice fanboy rant and bait.

Originally posted by Tony Stark
rolling on floor laughing

Iron Man is without question a mid herald, he's way to versatile.

CIS off Iron Man wins the high majority 8/10. There is truly little reason for him to attempt go only hand2hand with HULK.
And with CIS off, Hulk won't just stand there but will use his high speed leaps, thunderclap, superleap, throwing skyscrapers at IM etc. to ground him and if it doesn't take him doesn, then tear the armor off of him and KO, or KO him right off the bat.

HulkIsHulk
As for the fight, Hulk Smash. Hulk 9.8/10

krisblaze
http://i.imgur.com/PUg71NQ.png

Fascinating debate, truly.

Iron Man wins smile

carver9
No one takes your posts seriously when you debate anything regarding Hulk. Enjoy.

abhilegend
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
But something which DC was never explicit about. Really? How many superman comics have you read? This shows not much.

Yes.
Just like Hulk would have to start again when the next personality emerges. Oh really? Superman along with Cap lifted a book with infinite weight. Compare a hulk feat like that. Hahahahaha.

wink

Wait what? Hulk has been wanked to hell by marvel this last decade.

Lulz.

carver9
Wait a minute...why is Hulk vs Superman being discussed here?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Really? How many superman comics have you read?

By explicit I mean a character or company outright stating it. Comprehend?

This shows not much.

I see them in a similar manner. The only difference is if Superman punches out Krona, It'd be still PIS, but I'd see it as more believable than Spidey punching out Galactus.

Yes.

Whatever

Just like Hulk would have to start again when the next personality emerges.

At least the feats of the previous incarnations don't go up in smoke just like that unlike the total reversal of the universe

Oh really? Superman along with Cap lifted a book with infinite weight. Compare a hulk feat like that. Hahahahaha.

wink Hmm...
Hulk punching an amped Ironclad sending shockwaves into an infinite dimensions come to mind

wink

stick out tongue Lets just forget about this part okay. I was just riling him up.

Wait what? Hulk has been wanked to hell by marvel this last decade.

Exactly. Only in the last decade while Superman has been like that forever.

Lulz.

cool

Okay, I was not downplaying Superman, I was just showing that he can be downplayed in the same way like your friend is downplaying Hulk.

Wait a minute...why is Hulk vs Superman being discussed here?
Darthpower is to blame. OF all the people to mention he had to mention Superman.
And then fanboys like that Prof guy come in and lowball Hulk. Guys like me can't stand it and do a counter rant and the message boards explode and finally the forum gets locked. This has been happening since the beginning of battle forums

Fifthchild

This may be my favourite post of the year. I salute your wisdom.

carver9
By explicit I mean a character or company outright stating it. Comprehend?

I see them in a similar manner. The only difference is if Superman punches out Krona, It'd be still PIS, but I'd see it as more believable than Spidey punching out Galactus.

Whatever

At least the feats of the previous incarnations don't go up in smoke just like that unlike the total reversal of the universe

wink Hmm...
Hulk punching an amped Ironclad sending shockwaves into an infinite dimensions come to mind

stick out tongue Lets just forget about this part okay. I was just riling him up.

Exactly. Only in the last decade while Superman has been like that forever.

cool

Okay, I was not downplaying Superman, I was just showing that he can be downplayed in the same way like your friend is downplaying Hulk.

Darthpower is to blame. OF all the people to mention he had to mention Superman.
And then fanboys like that Prof guy come in and lowball Hulk. Guys like me can't stand it and do a counter rant and the message boards explode and finally the forum gets locked. This has been happening since the beginning of battle forums

Doesn't matter tbh and Superman doesn't belong here. You and ABHI can fuss all day about both characters but it will be an ongoing debate on two sides that will never win. Both Hulk and Superman are the strongest beings on their planer and BOTH get wanked to hell. The only thing an argument of this type is going to lead too is low balling. This isn't the thread for this. Let's debate Ironman vs Hulk.

Hulk wins 10/10

janus77
Originally posted by Fifthchild
This may be my favourite post of the year. I salute your wisdom.
Any man that sports a Gary Busey avatar is naturally to be respected.

So, thank you thumb up

HulkIsHulk
Doesn't matter tbh and Superman doesn't belong here.

Pretty much

You and ABHI can fuss all day about both characters but it will be an ongoing debate on two sides that will never win. Both Hulk and Superman are the strongest beings on their planer and BOTH get wanked to hell.

True. And Superman and Hulk are among of the most powerful beings in comics not counting cosmic beings and abstracts.

The only thing an argument of this type is going to lead too is low balling. This isn't the thread for this.

I avoid such topics until someone low balls Hulk. Okay ABHI. Let's end it here.
If you want to say anything more PM me.

Let's debate Ironman vs Hulk.

Hulk wins 10/10
I already stated my opinion before about this fight

As for the fight, Hulk Smash. Hulk 9.8/10

abhilegend
By explicit I mean a character or company outright stating it. Comprehend? Wut?

laughing out loud

Sure.

Just like Superman's feats remain with that version.

Not even comparable when it was done via crossroads. The shockwave just went through doorways.

And who said I was serious?

But its in character for him to be the top dog.

stick out tongue

Sure, he can be. Any character can be.

Amen to that. Lets all chill out.

HulkIsHulk

Just like Superman's feats remain with that version.

Well, Hulk's feats are still his whatever the version. SUperman's feats become a speperate character.

Not even comparable when it was done via crossroads. The shockwave just went through doorways.

And that's exactly what makes it beleivable. And there were doorways to every dimension in the universe, and therefore, infinite pathways.
""Since parallel dimensions such as Microverse were attached, it influenced the multiverse. The Multiverse has literally an infinite number of dimensions. As direct result infinite dimensions have the same volume of infinite planets. Hence the powerful impact would encompass entire dimensions, not only planets""

No one did. I just said I was not serious

But its in character for him to be the top dog.

stick out tongue

lol. The thing I was saying was that many writers did not respect hulk at all and some knew zero about hulk. Some used him simply as a prop character. Only in the recent years thanks to the Avengers movie, PAD and Greg Pak he became one of the big boys again.

Sure, he can be. Any character can be.

That's just what I said

Amen to that. Lets all chill out.
Yep

HulkIsHulk
Now that I think about it, is that your catchphrase?

Tony Stark
Doesn't matter tbh and Superman doesn't belong here. You and ABHI can fuss all day about both characters but it will be an ongoing debate on two sides that will never win. Both Hulk and Superman are the strongest beings on their planer and BOTH get wanked to hell. The only thing an argument of this type is going to lead too is low balling. This isn't the thread for this. Let's debate Ironman vs Hulk.

Hulk wins 10/10

no expression

krisblaze
I'm glad Abhi at least has his head on straight when it comes to that ridiculous Dark Dimensions "feat". People blow that shit way out of proportion.

Hulk and U-Foes fight next to the doorways to infinite worlds.

Hulk and Ironclad ram into eachother.

Shockwaves shake doorways and thusly worlds.

"omg hulks attacks can rock infinite worlds!!!"

carver9
Scan stating they were fighting at the door ways and a scan stating that even had something to do with it.

Time Immemorial
Hulk wins. Bolo style.

Carver agrees.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.