The Legion of Super-Heroes Vs X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/lsh_zpsf7197b1f.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/XM_zps6974f19b.jpg

TheGodKiller
X-Men win.

Golgo13
How so?

Oliver North
Originally posted by Golgo13
How so?

The X-Men have 2 phoenix?

Glorificus
X-men.

pym-ftw
Please list names

Golgo13
Originally posted by Oliver North
The X-Men have 2 phoenix?

Does anyone on the teams have a PF currently? Besides, Rachel has been bested by numerous people even with the Force.

Mindset
Wolverine wins.

Golgo13
Or Val solos. wink

Mindset
Val will be a heap of meat.

Golgo13
Wolverine would get owned, you know it BOY!

-Pr-
So it's either a walkover for the X-Men due to Phoenix, or a walkover for the Legion due to the X-Men not having Phoenix.

You need to make smaller teams; that's ridiculous tbh.

Konton
I think the rules say you can't do fights more than 6 v 6 because of craziness.

Golgo13
Ok, ten on ten. I'll make this more manageable. Let's use ZH ones.

LOSH:
Supergirl
Mon-El
Ultra Boy
Saturn Girl
Karate Kid
Chameleon
Kid Quantum
Star Boy
Elemental Lad
Cosmic Boy

vs

X-Men
Magneto
Namor
Professor X
Ice Man
Wolverine
Colossus
Cyclops
Storm
Havok
Rogue

redhotrash
Xavier alone can cause big problems for any team, no?

abhilegend
Saturn girl would mindrape xavier. Her exact equal in telepathy saturn queen killed martian manhunter twice by shutting his mind effortlessly.

Badabing

LOSH:
Supergirl
Mon-El
Ultra Boy
Saturn Girl
Karate Kid
Chameleon
Kid Quantum
Star Boy
Elemental Lad
Cosmic Boy

vs

X-Men
Magneto
Namor
Professor X
Ice Man
Wolverine
Colossus
Cyclops
Storm
Havok
Rogue I still may close this thread. mmm

Odekahn
Iceman.

Cogito

LOSH:
Supergirl
Mon-El
Ultra Boy
Saturn Girl
Karate Kid
Chameleon
Kid Quantum
Star Boy
Elemental Lad
Cosmic Boy

vs

X-Men
Magneto
Namor
Professor X
Ice Man
Wolverine
Colossus
Cyclops
Storm
Havok
Rogue

LOSH has a pretty solid advantage with these particular lineups. You've got the Legion's biggest guns and a full half of the X-Men team is fodder

Oliver North
Originally posted by Odekahn
Iceman

... has no defenses against powerful psychics

Odekahn
... has no defenses against powerful psychics

,except for the fact that Xavier is on his team.

Oliver North
,except for the fact that Xavier is on his team.

Sure, Xavier can protect Iceman, until he can't...

If Saturn Girl is comparable to Martian Manhunter in terms of TK/TP, Xavier will be fairly busy anyways, and the League has a Kryptonian left to deal with. Hell, Supergirl should be able to take 4-7 of the X-Men team almost immediately.

Odekahn
Sure, Xavier can protect Iceman, until he can't...

If Saturn Girl is comparable to Martian Manhunter in terms of TK/TP, Xavier will be fairly busy anyways, and the League has a Kryptonian left to deal with. Hell, Supergirl should be able to take 4-7 of the X-Men team almost immediately.

Do you have anything that shows Saturn Girl in the same ballpark as MM?

Oliver North
No, I'm completely unfamiliar with the character. Allegedly she is as powerful as Saturn Queen, who has beaten MM.

Odekahn
No, I'm completely unfamiliar with the character. Allegedly she is as powerful as Saturn Queen, who has beaten MM.

Was it stated that she's as powerful, or will become as power once her powers mature?

Oliver North
its on page one of the thread smile

Odekahn
its on page one of the thread smile

I saw what carver said. I wasn't convinced lol.

Oliver North
oh? why? what are SG's feats?

Mindset
... has no defenses against powerful psychics He can freeze their brains.

beatboks
Was it stated that she's as powerful, or will become as power once her powers mature?

When i finish work ( just started) I can look for some. SG's peak feats are telepathically probing entire galaxies. she defeated Saturn Queen and also Matched Mordru one IIRC telepathically ( though honestly I'd call that one PIS since he has telepathically controlled entire planets and probed every mind in the Universe)

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
When i finish work ( just started) I can look for some. SG's peak feats are telepathically probing entire galaxies. she defeated Saturn Queen and also Matched Mordru one IIRC telepathically ( though honestly I'd call that one PIS since he has telepathically controlled entire planets and probed every mind in the Universe)

When did Mordru probe the mind of everyone in the universe? Was it at once? If so, that's one of the most uber TP feats in comics.

Saturn Girl's skills are uber. She made some of her teammates believe the missing in action teammates were fighting along them for entire months or weeks. That is control.

Oliver North
Originally posted by Mindset
He can freeze their brains.

I suppose

I don't think, CIS on, he would, but ya, that would probably do it.

Blair Wind
I suppose

I don't think, CIS on, he would, but ya, that would probably do it.

He's done it to Emma Frost before.

Oliver North
so that isn't immediately fatal in the MU?

Golgo13
I wonder if Elemental Lad could manipulate Drake.

so that isn't immediately fatal in the MU? he didn't freeze her brain, just lowered her frontal lobe's temperature enough to thwart her mindrape and give her an ince-cream brainfreeze sensation (because you know, that's how that works). she still mindraped him seconds later. bobby's incompetence is irredeemable.

losh wins

Golgo13
Originally posted by 753
he didn't freeze her brain, just lowered her frontal lobe's temperature enough to thwart her mindrape and give her an ince-cream brainfreeze sensation (because you know, that's how that works). she still mindraped him seconds later. bobby's incompetence is irredeemable.

losh wins

I gave X-Men Mags, Namor, Charles, and Colossus. Power houses in their own right. What other members can I add to make it more even?

I gave X-Men Mags, Namor, Charles, and Colossus. Power houses in their own right. What other members can I add to make it more even? more high end psionics for starters.

Oliver North
Originally posted by 753
he didn't freeze her brain, just lowered her frontal lobe's temperature enough to thwart her mindrape and give her an ince-cream brainfreeze sensation (because you know, that's how that works). she still mindraped him seconds later. bobby's incompetence is irredeemable.

its interesting that Marvel has tried to localize where psychic powers come from in the brain...

it's probably becasue back then folk believed the human frontal lobe was disproportionately larger in humans than in other apes and accounted for a greater cognitive capacity. of course, some marvel telepaths can use their powers without any brain at all and survive as bodyless minds.

Oliver North
Originally posted by 753
it's probably becasue back then folk believed the human frontal lobe was disproportionately larger in humans than in other apes and accounted for a greater cognitive capacity. of course, some marvel telepaths can use their powers without any brain at all and survive as bodyless minds.

well, I wouldn't say SMA+PMA+M1 were bad candidates for "psy" locations (maybe TK at least), you are probably right about it being folk psychology more than anything real.

In terms of comics, especially in universes that aren't really big on scientific representations anyways, ala: Marvel or DC, a disembodied consciousness almost makes more sense for psy powers. Its an easy enough cop-out and in terms of narrative is way more congruent with how the powers are depicted.

Mindset
Originally posted by 753

losh wins Didn't he stop attacking her?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by 753

losh wins

Freezing the flow of blood to the brain:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/332/icemanbloodfreeze4zt8la.jpg/?sa=0

abhilegend
She is already more powerful than saturn queen and in zero hour scanned entire universe in moments. That's outta chuck's league.

Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't he stop attacking her? yeah, he relented the attack like an idiot

Originally posted by Blair Wind

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/332/icemanbloodfreeze4zt8la.jpg/?sa=0 cant load that image in a decent size, but I'll take your word for it. probably remembered it wrong.

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
She is already more powerful than saturn queen and in zero hour scanned entire universe in moments. That's outta chuck's league. abhi, shut up.

Oliver North
Originally posted by Blair Wind

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/332/icemanbloodfreeze4zt8la.jpg/?sa=0

heh, the more impressive fact is that he thawed it without killing her...

Mindset
The MOST impressive fact is he thawed it without killing himself, we are talking about Iceman here.

Oliver North
*ba dum bum, tsssss*

Mindset
The sad part is he's my favorite x-man, out of the perennial line up, at least.

Oliver North
ditto thumb up

cdtm
If Ice Man can't be altered, I'd bet Element Lad can encase him in inertron.

Element Lad might actually be the most powerful member.. The guy's a walking plot device, doing things like changing the composition of air to contain lead and defeat a bunch of Daxamites, or create Gold K, and a lead shield for Superboy, on the fly.

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
If Ice Man can't be altered, I'd bet Element Lad can encase him in inertron.

Element Lad might actually be the most powerful member.. The guy's a walking plot device, doing things like changing the composition of air to contain lead and defeat a bunch of Daxamites, or create Gold K, and a lead shield for Superboy, on the fly. No like about it he IS the most powerful member by far, and considering the list included three characters at Superman's level of power across the board that's saying something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.