Magik vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

1. Earth (deserted landscape)

2. Limbo

All powers allowed in every scenario

zopzop
This is easy.

Scenario 1 : Thanos stomps
Scenario 2 : Magik stomps

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
This is easy.

This

she can drag him into limbo, should she manage to, in scenario 1 as well. Likewise, he can try to drag her out of it in scenario 2.

pym-ftw
Thanos in both, Magik may win two if she fights very intelligent.

nwg202
So what happens if Magik decides to teleport his head off on earth? Can he grow a new one? or time travel back in time and kill him as a kid? or teleport all of the thousands or millions of demons including sym nastrish, etc.. to attack him? or bring Limbo to earth.

but I guess on earth I'd settle for Thanos stomps just so i don't rile up anyone.

In Limbo there isn't really anything she can't do without PIS/CIS and she has the track record of beating people possibly more powerful then Thanos there.

TheGodKiller
^He most likely would, seeing how he is banned from Mistress Death's realm and is immortal. Because Magik knows where, when and how Thanos was born and grew up, right? Let alone the fact that she'll have to first contend with Titan's forces in order to achieve the goal of time-travel assassinating Thanos. Or that Thanos wouldn't anticipate such a move and have contingencies planned for it, because it's not like he's one of the top prep masters of the Marvel Universe.

Bringing Limbo to Earth would be even more foolhardy, because a) Thanos has handily dealt with entire planetary populaces before, and b)Thanos showcased that he had the Badoon at his beck and call in Avengers Assemble, and c)Seeing how most of the creatures in Limbo are probably unkillable demons, Thanos could give them the same treatment that the Cancerverse's immortal forces received.

In Limbo she would definitely have the edge, but let's not pretend that she's not lost to people much weaker than Thanos either. Black Widow and the Enchantress come to mind.

nwg202
Magik didn't loose to widow, she didn't even use her sword or magic. She said if she was serious Widow would be dead. She could have just ported her 50 feet in the air and drop her for the ko.

She one shotted Amora in Limbo.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2287793-amora1___copy.jpg

She can time travel in an instant and through Limbo she can see all the time lines.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/3056237-majik.gif
She has used time travel to beat the Elder Gods and Shadow king.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2366405-nm2___copy.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2343783-1085225_untitled6.jpg

She can manipulate time. Classic Doc also says there is nothing he can teach her.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2124406-xm8.jpg

It's quite easy for her to just pop into the timeline and start snooping around

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2115559-illy2.jpg

Magik does job more since she is a teenage character, and she is in team setting more often then not. But as the Darkchilde she is basically a hell lord and SS. so it should be a good fight.

Are we bringing in prep here? I though this was a random encounter. With prep yeah Thanos wins. If this is to the death and teleporting his head off does nothing and Death herself wont allow Thanos to die then Thanos beats anyone less then Death herself.

TheGodKiller
You can try and use their dialogue to imply that it wasn't a low showing for her, but at the end of the day, she ultimately was overwhelmed in Limbo, and forced to teleport back to Earth.

That's from the final pages of the comic. Didn't Amora defeat her and imprison her in the beginning of that arc? If she did, then that counts as another loss for Illyana.

Again, tell me how time travelling to a planet with highly formidable defenses is somehow going to help in her in assassinating Thanos. Or the fact that she somehow knows where, when and how Thanos was born?

nwg202
That was Amora in Asgard and that was a much younger Illyana. She said her match with the window was game.

How will they know she is coming? How will they know when she is arriving? If this is in past before Magik was even born? She can cast illusions which fooled of the Avengers and cloak herself and make herself invisible. both done on earth and not in Limbo I have scans if needed.

It's in her character to keep searching through the time line to get the win over a powerful opponent. She went to the future to find out Shadowkings weakness and she went all over the time line to figure out how to beat the elder gods. She can easly go back a couple of years and ask anyone who has the knowledge and go there.

She does have some type of cosmic awerness. When she was in the brig she knew that Danni moonstar went to hela's realm and she knew the instant the new mutants missed ther port into hela's and landed in mephisto realm. She just sensed it. She has also ported people into places she's never seen or heard of before. It's magic.. mages teleport back in time to exact places by simply wishing it.

Thanos used that same tactic with the IG when he bfr'ed fire lord and Drax into the prehistoric past.

Not saying Thanos can't beat her, but she has the tools required to at least get a couple of wins.

there's no prep here, if she moves through time, she has to return to a moment in the fight immediately after her departure or it's a self-bfr loss. plus, you'd have to show what she could actually learn that would give her an edge. more importantly, killing a baby thanos would only create a thanosless alternateverse, it would not remove adult thanos from the timeline the fight is actually taking place in.

I still think she could win fight 1 without any need of timetravel - in limbo, it's a given.

nwg202
Originally posted by 753
there's no prep here, if she moves through time, she has to return to a moment in the fight immediately after her departure or it's a self-bfr loss. plus, you'd have to show what she could actually learn that would give her an edge. more importantly, killing a baby thanos would only create a thanosless alternateverse, it would not remove adult thanos from the timeline the fight is actually taking place in.

I still think she could win fight 1 without any need of timetravel - in limbo, it's a given.

That's intresting because I read some interview somewhere that all the abuses with the timeline will come back to haunt marvel earth. I am not sure if it will be covered in infinity or after. Wolverine killing Pym and Beast bringing back the O5 are some of the examples of them.

Magik mucking around with the timeline has happened often enough. She certainly guilty of abusing her powers. She is extremely manipulative and she doesn't have the moral compass of your traditional hero. She did screw up her brother pretty bad and she did manipulate all the x-men and risked all of reality to pursue her vendetta vs the Elder gods. That's why her teammates strapped a bomb and locked her in the brig. Even now Bendis still hints that Magik is hinding some secrets from everyone. Time in Limbo is wonky and a couple of seconds on earth will seem like an eternity in Limbo.It has been described as the nexus to the omniverse in x-men black sun.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/2448301-uxm009_p03.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/2865101-tumblr_mdd6q0jumt1qjgjn3o1_1280.jpg

She actually has seen and almost killed her younger self. The new mutants just convinced her to let the younger one live and for the darkchilde to depower herself.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108342/2844064-tumblr_lrbhig89m81r008jdo2_1280.png

I didn't realize that bfr was on.

Outside of teledismembering, time travel, bringing Limbo to earth or an onslaught or endless demons with the t o virus, I don't see how Magik can beat Thanos on Earth. How would she win w/o these options? Soul absorption or hell fire perhaps?

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
This is easy.

@nwg

BFR tactics, raising limbo to earth, and teledismemberment are all good. I dont see how time travel would really produce any results here. summoning demons under her standard control (for all the good it'd do) is fine, but evidently, she can't pull haller out of a pokeball to deal with thanos for her, so the elder gods affair is moot.

limbo probably is the nexus of the omniverse. of course, so are the Panoptichron/m'kran crystal; the phoenix force/white hot room the crystal leads to; manthing's swamp and captain britain corps' homebase: otherworld.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by nwg202
How will they know she is coming? How will they know when she is arriving? If this is in past before Magik was even born? She can cast illusions which fooled of the Avengers and cloak herself and make herself invisible. both done on earth and not in Limbo I have scans if needed.

It's in her character to keep searching through the time line to get the win over a powerful opponent. She went to the future to find out Shadowkings weakness and she went all over the time line to figure out how to beat the elder gods. She can easly go back a couple of years and ask anyone who has the knowledge and go there.

She does have some type of cosmic awerness. When she was in the brig she knew that Danni moonstar went to hela's realm and she knew the instant the new mutants missed ther port into hela's and landed in mephisto realm. She just sensed it. She has also ported people into places she's never seen or heard of before. It's magic.. mages teleport back in time to exact places by simply wishing it.

Thanos used that same tactic with the IG when he bfr'ed fire lord and Drax into the prehistoric past.

Not saying Thanos can't beat her, but she has the tools required to at least get a couple of wins.
Titan has much better defenses and threat-detection mechanisms than Earth.

Thanos has fought characters with time manip in the past as well. Even if she somehow manages to go back in time and kill his past, baby self, she'll only end up creating an alternate reality. And it counts as self-bfr anyways, as 753 pointed out. Plus, I am willing to bet that instantly going into the past to time-travel assassinate her enemy isn't an often-used ability, and therefore doesn't count as in character for her.

Having cosmic awareness when compared to a character like Thanos isn't really that impressive of an attribute either.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Black Widow and the Enchantress come to mind. black widow lasting a second against magik was pis and illyana did win.

TheGodKiller
Outside Limbo. In it, she was getting tooled. But yeah, I agree, in general it was a retarded showing, and the Russian speakers here(like SamZED) have all claimed that in their russian dialogue, Illyana kept on boasting how she could obliterate Natasha with a thought.

I'm surprised they got a coherent foreign language dialogue out. marvel usually sucks fiercely at that. it's like even google translator is beyond them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.