Man of Steel Sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
If this movie lives up to all of your expectations, hopes and desires, could you walk away being satisfied with this one movie instead of making a trilogy. Or would you want one no matter what, keep in mind greater possibilities of sequels not being as good as the first.

xJLxKing
Even if MoS turns out to be an atrocious film, I still want my trilogy.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Even if MoS turns out to be an atrocious film, I still want my trilogy. thumb up

In the end I'd be satisfied with Superman punching shit left and right without any plot. Lucky for us it looks like we will get a good story with all the action.

I'd love a trilogy. Second could focus on Metallo, somehow being created behind doors by Lex Luthor, only we don't know its Lex until the very end.

Argh I dunno....just gimme mooooooooooooooooooooore

super pr*xy
with zod's space ship, i'm thinking brainiac..

Supra
I want to see Darkseid or Metallo.

BruceSkywalker
if this is a money maker because lets all face that true fact than I want to see Brainiac and then Metallo, maybe Cyborg Supes..

Save Darkseid which they most likely will for the Justice League film

ares834
Not sure who should be the primary villain in the second but Lex should definitely be behind him and maybe Doomsday could be there for some added muscle. Then, in the third film, Luthor takes the center stage (perhaps with someone like Metallo serving as a secondary villian) and it culminates with Luthor getting a Super Serum (like in All-star Superman) and he gets in an extended brawl with Supes.

K3VIL
Onestly, I don't like Brainiac. Advanced AI robot, it won't have much take on the audience. After showing the kryptonians and the spectaculity of them fighting each other, they will have to stick with something similar, like Metallo, or Mongul, Darkseid, or some other villain with real superpowers. Brainiac and his ego-trip about being superior as a machine, is too much "matrix style" it won't work

xJLxKing
DS should be saved for JLA.

The sequel should not try to increase the damage, or scope. It needs to loosen up on that. Less destruction! Let Superman have an internal problem

super pr*xy
i have read rumors of a sequel being released as soon as next year.. mistake? i mean how can they follow man of steel up in such a short amount of time and be of greater quality? can they do it? or is it gonna be another "revenge of the fallen?" i mean just adding the cgi and the editing takes a long to do.. not to mention set pieces and such..

good idea or bad idea?

WhiteWitchKing
terrible idea unless they have an entire script already completed. Either WB thinks they're that good or they're just rushing it into production to get their shared universe completed. I can only see this working at all if they pushed for a 2014 December release. They should just cut down on the CGI and focus on story development of characters. That way they can get it out on time and have a better story than MOS.

xJLxKing
Personally, it's hard to deliver a movie within a year, The same article that put the rumor up referenced Lord Of the Rings movies which were release 1 after another. What they failed to mention was that LoTR was filmed as one filmed and edit later on. Personally, I don't think it would be the best idea to movie forward with next year release. It just means they have to push things forward fast which isn't always the best thing

Golgo13
Never going to happen, so get the idea out of your head. Besides Robinov was just fired and that could mean doom for the future of DC properties or it could mean something positive. Time will tell.

Supra
Did MOS make enough money to make it worth a sequel?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Supra
Did MOS make enough money to make it worth a sequel? At the moment, it made a small profit. Though, I'm going to assume that WB/DC is looking at this like an investment which will have greater returns in it's sequel. The general audience seems to have enjoyed it so I can't see why they shouldn't go forward with it

DARTH POWER
Did MOS make enough money to make it worth a sequel?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2012.htm

Budget $225mill. WW Gross at at 25 June $408mill.

So yes it's already made a decent profit in under 2 weeks of release. Chances are there will be quite a large profit before it's even out on Bluray/DVD.

Supra
Thanks Darth! So they have almost doubled there money invested.

xJLxKing
I don't think he budget includes marketing costs, but yeah, it's doing well. It already is deemed successful because it beat Superman Returns with a lower budget.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I don't think he budget includes marketing costs, but yeah, it's doing well. It already is deemed successful because it beat Superman Returns with a lower budget.

I think the sponsors from Gillette and others have more than covered the marketing costs.

DARTH POWER
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177749-zack-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-sequel

Looks like they're getting on with it.

Supra
Hell ya

BruceSkywalker
what i would like for the sequel would be to see Bruce Wayne coming to Metropolis helping to rebuild the city and landscapes and builidngs

Femi32
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what i would like for the sequel would be to see Bruce Wayne coming to Metropolis helping to rebuild the city and landscapes and builidngs

What's even better is Superman helping to rebuild the city.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Femi32

I have no doubt that that will happen

jedi90
Originally posted by Femi32

for some reason i dont' think we'll see that happening. he (supes) doesn't seem to be that type of superman. plus, at the end of the movie the city or at least the daily planet was back in normal working order.

Femi32
Originally posted by jedi90
for some reason i dont' think we'll see that happening. he (supes) doesn't seem to be that type of superman. plus, at the end of the movie the city or at least the daily planet was back in normal working order.

If he wants to help like he said after speaking to the colonel at the end of the movie, he'll help rebuild the city. He's responsible for some of the damage.

-Pr-
I honestly see no reason why Superman wouldn't help rebuild Metropolis.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly see no reason why Superman wouldn't help rebuild Metropolis.

he isn't rich.. big grin

-Pr-
I mean physically helping with the construction, even if Metropolis is generally populated by people who would rather Superman not do such a thing.

K3VIL
I Believe in the aftermath of MOS events, if the JLA movie is really going to be made, they'll have to put some tie-ins more consistent.

-MOS 2 TIE INS IMHO:

.BATMAN

We'll see a flashback of Bruce Wayne somewhere in Europe, where he established himself after retiring and faking his death. He has put up a homemade training aerea in a mansion, and a monitoring system. Out of action doesn't mean he ain't keeping an eye on things. While following reports about Gotham's rebuild after the events of TDKR, Zod's message interrupt transmissions. Bruce contacts immediately Lucius Fox, and then he moves back to the USA after the battle of Metropolis, and the destruction of the satellite. He then shows up in Metropolis, where he interrupts Luthor's press conference. He announces he's back as CEO of WE and offers to aid rebuild the city in a more concrete way, mainly cause he doesn't trust nor Luthor, nor Superman. The Batman will meet Supes first time while investing on a stolen shipment of Luthorcorp materials for a government project(weapons probably, some hi-tech stuff in progress after the Kryptonian assault). Batman doesn't try to fight him (would be pointless) but he does question his way of dealing with things, see collateral damage, and the whole "god-complex" his powers might bring in. Batman says he ain't the only one watching on him, and then the two parts wys

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
I mean physically helping with the construction, even if Metropolis is generally populated by people who would rather Superman not do such a thing.

oh I'm sure Kal would, but i could still see Bruce Wayne coming to town throwing around some money helping to rebuild, then have a nice scene between him and Kal where both are very very suspicious of each other

Supra
Thx Darth!

Vensai
oh I'm sure Kal would, but i could still see Bruce Wayne coming to town throwing around some money helping to rebuild, then have a nice scene between him and Kal where both are very very suspicious of each other
He is usually busy saving lives. Helping construction is secondary priority when normal people can do it.

Supra
I really hope we get 3 superman movie, a batman/superman and a justice leauge.

Supra
This is already going sour, first superman vs batmans as a sequel and now ben affleck.

quanchi112
he isn't rich.. big grin thumb up

ClayWorm
Superman must help to reconstruct the city or at the very least make proposal to do so. He is doing it in the comics why not here? It takes alittle time for him to do, by the end of the week they could have all buildings rebuild. Ofcourse i can see people protest but they must show that he atleast made a proposal.
Also its possible that destroying crater will become a park with memorial.

ClayWorm
Thanks Darth! So they have almost doubled there money invested.
And they had ~170 milions because of advertisement.

Supra
Originally posted by jedi90

Plus he was still trashing shit when he took down that army drone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.