It Kinda Scares Me That Kids Look Up To Ironman Now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainCanti
So I went to see Iron Man 3 a couple days back, and I did enjoy the movie. But I noticed a little kid dressed in an Iron Man costume. Normally I would think its cute that a kid is dressing up as his favorite superhero. But with Iron Man, its different. The reason he's popular right now is because of the movies. And while Iron Man makes for a cool superhero, I don't think hes anyone that little kids should be looking up to. To be blatantly honest, there's little to no moral code involved in the character. Kids just like him because he's snarky and he makes explosions and hes a superhero. Kids should be looking up to heroes like Batman, Superman, Thor, Spiderman, Captain America. But their looking up to a hero who's cheap and domestic. I don't know man, it just worries me a bit.

Didn't me to upset any Iron Man fans, so sorry if I did.

-Pr-
Why don't you think that Tony has a moral code?

Kazenji
Captain America did drugs to get to where he is today.

CaptainCanti
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why don't you think that Tony has a moral code?
Because in all three movies he's just fixing problems that he created. There's no real heroic moral code. He had a bit of heroic morals in Avengers, but even then he didn't have a choice. He just did what he had too.

When I say heroic moral code, I'm talking about doing good things and helping people for the sake of it. Not just doing it because you have to.

DARTH POWER
He's more relatable not being a complete angel Imo.

Like Han Solo.

Kids like those kind of characters because they're cool, but also because they know they will do the right thing in the end.

xJLxKing
I rather kids look up Ironman/Tony Stark than any other role morel like movie stars..etc. excuse me if they make tony actually as human as possible and down to earth kind of guy

curryman
How is Iron Man down to earth? Completely unrelatable at least stick out tongue

He's good person and he tries his best, I don't think you can ask much more out of heroes than that, but I'm still a bit worried about many of the values he's fronting. I think I'd rather have my kids look up to other heroes smile

super pr*xy
kids put on the costume not because of iron man's moral code, because it looks cool.. plain and simple.. he beats the bad guys.. and he looks cool doing it..

xJLxKing
Originally posted by curryman

He's good person and he tries his best, I don't think you can ask much more out of heroes than that, but I'm still a bit worried about many of the values he's fronting. I think I'd rather have my kids look up to other heroes smile you just answered the question. He tries his best, is a good person, has similar needs, and wants like us. Has a damn good moral code, enjoys life .etc

Igniz
Originally posted by CaptainCanti
Because in all three movies he's just fixing problems that he created. There's no real heroic moral code. He had a bit of heroic morals in Avengers, but even then he didn't have a choice. He just did what he had too.

When I say heroic moral code, I'm talking about doing good things and helping people for the sake of it. Not just doing it because you have to.

I think this video will explain what Ironman represents.Note I just felt sharing this video with all of you.Not dissing on Ironman or his fans.IM is still cool with me.

1q-Md3WrewE

quanchi112
Originally posted by curryman

He's good person and he tries his best, I don't think you can ask much more out of heroes than that, but I'm still a bit worried about many of the values he's fronting. I think I'd rather have my kids look up to other heroes smile Maybe unrelatable to you not me.

Great that kids are looking up to Iron Man. Times they are a changin'.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man is about as relatable to the common person as Batman is.

Actually, Tony is probably more "human" than Bruce is.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by CaptainCanti
So I went to see Iron Man 3 a couple days back, and I did enjoy the movie. But I noticed a little kid dressed in an Iron Man costume. Normally I would think its cute that a kid is dressing up as his favorite superhero. But with Iron Man, its different. The reason he's popular right now is because of the movies. And while Iron Man makes for a cool superhero, I don't think hes anyone that little kids should be looking up to. To be blatantly honest, there's little to no moral code involved in the character. Kids just like him because he's snarky and he makes explosions and hes a superhero. Kids should be looking up to heroes like Batman, Superman, Thor, Spiderman, Captain America. But their looking up to a hero who's cheap and domestic. I don't know man, it just worries me a bit.

Didn't me to upset any Iron Man fans, so sorry if I did.

Honestly reading through his books he comes off far more heroic. I don't really think Batman is a much better hero for kids to look up to if were going that route, everything he does, evrything he is, is fueled by vengeance.

Shabazz916
batman uses lil kids, spiderman let someone go n tjey killed his father figure... captain america did sterioids lol.. is iron man that bad ???

Rambo Moe
Sign of the times, my man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.