Who is the most powerful God, Thor or Orion??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone

This base on feats, actual panel feats with statements. How do they match against one another if they were part of the same universe??

Strength: Thor
Intelligence : even
Energy Projection: Thor
Energy Absorption: even
Speed: Orion
Reflexes: Orion
Durability: Thor
Fighting experience/ability: Orion little more skilled
Striking power: Thor
Damage Soak: Thor
Best Berserk Rage: Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Strength: Split.
Intelligence : Both can be written as dumb tbh. Split.
Energy Projection: Split on average, but the God Blast trumps even the Astro Force.
Energy Absorption: Thor.
Durability: Split, edge to Thor I guess based purely on feats.
Fighting experience/ability: Split.
Striking power: Thor with Mjolnir.
Damage Soak: Split.
Best Berserk Rage: What?

xJLxKing
The difference compared with Rage
Energy Projection: Split on average, but the God Blast trumps even the Astro Force.
Durability: Orion

-Pr-
Strength: Orion by a hair, maybe. Otherwise split.
Intelligence : Split.
Energy Projection: Thor.
Speed: Orion.
Reflexes: Orion.
Durability: Orion or split.
Fighting experience/ability: Thor
Damage Soak: Orion
Best Berserk Rage: Not sure what this means.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't know that Thor generally has more damage soak then Orion. There are some portrayals where his damage soak is ridiculous like the recent Thor comic (Dude can take as much damage as someone with a legit healing factor and keep going) but Orion is as tough on the overall average imo.

I'd like to know why Orion is more durable. I honestly cannot think of a single reason as to why that would be the case. He survived being in a fire pit which is compared to a Star but Thor's best honestly kind of shits on that.

TheGodKiller
Thor in most of the categories.

xJLxKing
I agree, I can't see Orion being more of a damage soak than Thor. However, I do think he has more durability

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I agree, I can't see Orion being more of a damage soak than Thor. However, I do think he has more durability

Why though?

Is that just how you feel? I guess that's fair enough but for every good Orion durability showing I can think off at the moment, Thor has one that is a match or better.

-Pr-
The way I always saw the two was similar to how Superman and Thor are. One is harder to hurt than the other, but the other can take more actual injury and keep fighting than the other, as he's more used to it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by -Pr-
The way I always saw the two was similar to how Superman and Thor are. One is harder to hurt than the other, but the other can take more actual injury and keep fighting than the other, as he's more used to it.

I can understand Superman or Silver Surfer but I don't believe Orion has the history to back up such a consideration tbh. Same goes for Majestic.

Raisen
Strength: Orion. Slight
Intelligence : Orion. Slight.
Energy Absorption: Thor
Speed: Orion. Noticeably(Not counting flight)
Reflexes: Orion. Noticeably
Durability: Orion. Slight
Fighting experience/ability: Orion. Noticeably
Striking power: Thor with Mjolnir. Orion when Thor doesn't have it.
Damage Soak: Orion. Slight
Best Berserk Rage: Warrior Madness Thor

TheGodKiller
Honestly speaking, this questioning of Thor's capabilities has arisen largely due to the ridiculous PIS-Worf showings in the last 2 years, that is if one decides to conveniently ignore the near-Pak-level insanity that was Fraction Thor. Thor has not been downscled to mid-herald or low-herald. Thor continues to remain at high herald, like his peers Surfer and Superman.

With the exception of speed(which in itself could be debatable), there is almost no category in which Orion can match up to Thor, much less exceed him. Anyone who says otherwise is, to put it bluntly, a hater, a troll or a bigot.

the Darkone

Best Berserk Rage: Not sure what this means.

Warrior Madness vs Orion Berserk rage without Mother box controlling his emotions

carver9
I can't picture Thor taking a pounding like Orion recently did against Superman and only smile afterwards like he didn't even feel it. That was an insane showing.

Raisen
Originally posted by carver9
I can't picture Thor taking a pounding like Orion recently did against Superman and only smile afterwards like he didn't even feel it. That was an insane showing.

Physically Orion has consistently been more beastly. I don't see how anyone could disagree. Thor definitely has him in the energy dept. tho

the Darkone

Thor could depending on the story and if he is motivated. Orion does have daddy issues and couple of screws lose big grin .

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I can understand Superman or Silver Surfer but I don't believe Orion has the history to back up such a consideration tbh. Same goes for Majestic.

Fair enough.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Honestly speaking, this questioning of Thor's capabilities has arisen largely due to the ridiculous PIS-Worf showings in the last 2 years, that is if one decides to conveniently ignore the near-Pak-level insanity that was Fraction Thor. Thor has not been downscled to mid-herald or low-herald. Thor continues to remain at high herald, like his peers Surfer and Superman.

With the exception of speed(which in itself could be debatable), there is almost no category in which Orion can match up to Thor, much less exceed him. Anyone who says otherwise is, to put it bluntly, a hater, a troll or a bigot.

Eh, no. Cool your jets.

Raisen
Fair enough.

Eh, no. Cool your jets.

^^Dude is always saying things like that. You're a troll if you don't agree with him.

the Darkone

That doesn't make sense to me, both have been depicted as highly intelligence. Thor also gained knowledge from Blake his human host and understand scientific conversations, and Orion has repair a boom tube device something like that, I think writers misunderstood their warrior attitude as intelligent, as where it takes intelligence to lead army godly beings and stagiest battle plans, if it was that easy who need generals.

Raisen
Originally posted by the Darkone
That doesn't make sense to me, both have been depicted as highly intelligence. Thor also gained knowledge from Blake his human host and understand scientific conversations, and Orion has repair a boom tube device something like that, I think writers misunderstood their warrior attitude as intelligent, as where it takes intelligence to lead army godly beings and stagiest battle plans, if it was that easy who need generals.

I think they're similar in intelligence, but Thor has been displayed kinda stupid more times than Orion. I think the slight edge goes to Orion

the Darkone
Originally posted by Raisen
Physically Orion has consistently been more beastly. I don't see how anyone could disagree. Thor definitely has him in the energy dept. tho

That's his nature and like I said daddy issues.

Thor in his younger days was acting like Orion, killing frost giants for fun damn near.

Raisen
That's his nature and like I said daddy issues.

Thor in his younger days was acting like Orion, killing frost giants for fun damn near.

Thor isn't consistently shown like this. Orion is consistently aggressive, strong, durable, with quicker reflexes and fight speed.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor has taken repeated beatings from Kurse to the Destroyer without faltering.

A lack of damage soak feats isn't Thor's problem.
I think they're similar in intelligence, but Thor has been displayed kinda stupid more times than Orion. I think the slight edge goes to Orion

Neither of that is true. And while Thor has been a dumb jock, Orion has been portrayed as nothing more then a rabid dog if not for the Motherbox.

That's why I said split, I simply pointed out that both can be written as not particularly thoughtful at times, more preoccupied with battle.

carver9
@Darkone...

It depends on how you view certain characters durability and strength. Example...some people consider Superman and Hulk as peers physically. Orion withstood a load of attacks from Superman with a smile on his face. Thor was in the same situation and didn't look so well after 3 punches/hits. If Superman and Hulk are peers like everyone thinks, then this is proof that Orion damage soak is above Thor.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Darkone...

It depends on how you view certain characters durability and strength. Example...some people consider Superman and Hulk as peers physically. Orion withstood a load of attacks from Superman with a smile on his face. Thor was in the same situation and didn't look so well after 3 punches/hits. If Superman and Hulk are peers like everyone thinks, then this is proof that Orion damage soak is above Thor.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/2.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%205/3.jpg

Why are you comparing hay makers (Which mind you started with a cheapshot) to a speed blitz? Within that very same comic it was made evident that haymakers pack noticeably more power.

And I won't even get started on the cherry-picking aspect of your post.

the Darkone
Thor isn't consistently shown like this. Orion is consistently aggressive, strong, durable, with quicker reflexes and fight speed.

I agree, that's why I said it's Orion nature that's what it seems like. Orions has shown he is more aggressive more like Beta Ray Bill but skilled tho, Orion and Thor are peers in strength, by feats Thor seems a little bit stronger.

Raisen
I agree, that's why I said it's Orion nature that's what it seems like. Orions has shown he is more aggressive more like Beta Ray Bill but skilled tho, Orion and Thor are peers in strength, by feats Thor seems a little bit stronger.

Who actually displays more skill in your opinion? Not implied skill, but displayed skill......

carver9
Why are you comparing hay makers (Which mind you started with a cheapshot) to a speed blitz? Within that very same comic it was made evident that haymakers pack noticeably more power.

And I won't even get started on the cherry-picking aspect of your post.

If Thor was put in that same situation Orion was in, do you think he would have tanked those punches? I'm not cherry picking though. I know of the Kurse fight. I also know of Orion showings...both have highs and lows, so I can see where an argument can be made. I just think Orion durability is a tad bit above Thor but not enough to make a difference.

guy222
Tor easily

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor was put in that same situation Orion was in, do you think he would have tanked those punches? I'm not cherry picking though. I know of the Kurse fight. I also know of Orion showings...both have highs and lows, so I can see where an argument can be made. I just think Orion durability is a tad bit above Thor but not enough to make a difference.

I don't see why not, Thor is perfectly capable of replicating that showing.

Yes it is. It's like me posting a scan of Thor tanking some extreme heat and then post a scan of Orion not being able to endure being on fire for more then a few moments, then deem that one is more durable then the other.

Why? You are telling me something without any reasoning. If Thor has similar feats then why is one above the other? Just admit that Orion had a good showing recently that got you wet and now you're on his bandwagon until someone has an excellent showing next week.

You do this like all the time Carver, it's not exactly hard to figure you out.

Wei Phoenix
The galaxy is on Orion's belt.

guy222
What did Orion recently do, I will catch up on my reading this weekend

-Pr-
^^Dude is always saying things like that. You're a troll if you don't agree with him.

Don't stir the pot, please.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
The galaxy is on Orion's belt.

thumb up

Zack Fair
Thor is fabulous

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7u9eJ8Z31ql4770o1_500.gif

Orion got nothing on that hair.

guy222
Sup Zack

mighty adam

This base on feats, actual panel feats with statements. How do they match against one another if they were part of the same universe??

strength-orion
intelligence-thor
energy projection-split
energy absorption-split
speed-orion
reflexes-orion
durability-orion
fight experience\ability -orion
striking power-split when Thor has hammer Orion every other time
damage soak-orion
best berserk rage-orion

mighty adam
Still in a fight I think Thor edge out Orion if its a fight with both fighting to full potential.

Golgo13

This. I also see energy absorption a split as well. Orion is also acientificaly smarter as well. Both match up evenly.

Lol @ Thor easily.

guy222
Tor quite easily stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

People who like to say Thor's been "nerfed" or demoted curiously forget Fraction's ongoing and Fear Itself, which basically gave Thor some absurd feats, almost to the point of effecting his characterization completely.

carver9
Don't understand what fts are bad of Thors. Majority of his losses are against people outside of the Herald tier.

guy222
Ats right

JakeTheBank
Don't understand what fts are bad of Thors. Majority of his losses are against people outside of the Herald tier.

Most people cite AvX, Avengers Assemble under Bendis, and random cameos in other books for reasons why Thor's had a bad year.

Honestly, AvX portrayed Thor like a champ considering the power of the Phoenix and Avengers Assemble was phucking Bendis being Bendis. Look at the shit he did under Fraction in that same year time frame. Guy phucking killed the Demogorge. erm

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Most people cite AvX, Avengers Assemble under Bendis, and random cameos in other books for reasons why Thor's had a bad year.

Honestly, AvX portrayed Thor like a champ considering the power of the Phoenix and Avengers Assemble was phucking Bendis being Bendis. Look at the shit he did under Fraction in that same year time frame. Guy phucking killed the Demogorge. erm

I understand that but his losses in AvX was against people outside of the Herald tier unless I'm missing something. What losses are there that people can make assumptions that he is depowered or not as powerful as he use to be.

celeyhyga17
Intelligence : Orion
Energy Absorption: Even
Fighting experience/ability: Even

beatboks
pretty much this. I might edge strength to Orion but only because his best feats are more quantataive while Thor's are more abstract.

anyone saying Orion has more damage soak, ahhh guy's taking the best blasts of Power cosmic while having a whole in you caused by the world tree and keep fighting shit's all over anything Orion has shown.

Wei Phoenix

thumb up

I'm glad somebody got it.

guy222
Yep Thor wins

Zack Fair
Originally posted by guy222
Sup Zack Sup good friend

Nothing much over here besides spending time here, gaming and living.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by beatboks
pretty much this. I might edge strength to Orion but only because his best feats are more quantataive while Thor's are more abstract.

anyone saying Orion has more damage soak, ahhh guy's taking the best blasts of Power cosmic while having a whole in you caused by the world tree and keep fighting shit's all over anything Orion has shown.
What strength feats of Orion are we talking about here?

lawest9
What are Orion's best LIFTING feats?

-Pr-
I'm glad somebody got it.

I was surprised more people didn't.

Golgo13
Originally posted by guy222
Tor quite easily stick out tongue

Nope.

leonidas
Strength: split
Intelligence : split
Energy Projection: split w/o godblast (astroforce CAN get close to it)
Energy Absorption: thor
Speed: orion
Reflexes: orion
Durability: split, maybe slight edge to thor
Fighting experience/ability: experience split, h2h skill orion
Striking power: thor w/hammer, split h2h
Damage Soak: maybe slight edge to thor
Best Berserk Rage: red orion vs wm thor would likely stalemate

this is most certainly a close contest, about as close as you can get with a dc/marvel match up imo. simonson's orion was a beast at times and the series did a good job showcasing some of orion's speed and skill in battle.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
What strength feats of Orion are we talking about here? Originally posted by lawest9
What are Orion's best LIFTING feats?

Strong enough to hold a galaxy on his belt.

Golgo13
Originally posted by leonidas
Strength: split
Intelligence : split
Energy Projection: split w/o godblast (astroforce CAN get close to it)
Energy Absorption: thor
Speed: orion
Reflexes: orion
Durability: split, maybe slight edge to thor
Fighting experience/ability: experience split, h2h skill orion
Striking power: thor w/hammer, split h2h
Damage Soak: maybe slight edge to thor
Best Berserk Rage: red orion vs wm thor would likely stalemate

this is most certainly a close contest, about as close as you can get with a dc/marvel match up imo. simonson's orion was a beast at times and the series did a good job showcasing some of orion's speed and skill in battle.

Do u mean source of the beast orion? Does creating the genesis box put him over in intelligence? And what about the Countdown feat?

lawest9
Strong enough to hold a galaxy on his belt. Is that something that he did DO? .......or suppose to be strong enough to do?

leonidas
Originally posted by Golgo13
Do u mean source of the beast orion? Does creating the genesis box put him over in intelligence? And what about the Countdown feat?

i wondered about the creation of the box as well, but i think that might just be new gods knowledge, not sure. in general, orion might be a little smarter, but there's not a lot of support for that. red orion is orion who has gone berserk. i've always been under the impression it only happens when motherbox is not present acting as a calming influence on him. it's akin to thor's wm, but no actual numbers have been ascribed to it. basically he just goes apesh!t and tries killing anyone and anything near him.

leonidas
Originally posted by lawest9
Is that something that he did DO? .......or suppose to be strong enough to do?

men in black......

Golgo13
i wondered about the creation of the box as well, but i think that might just be new gods knowledge, not sure. in general, orion might be a little smarter, but there's not a lot of support for that. red orion is orion who has gone berserk. i've always been under the impression it only happens when motherbox is not present acting as a calming influence on him. it's akin to thor's wm, but no actual numbers have been ascribed to it. basically he just goes apesh!t and tries killing anyone and anything near him.

He constructed mother boxs as well. I t hought Red orion qas oeion with ale

-Pr-
Originally posted by lawest9
Is that something that he did DO? .......or suppose to be strong enough to do?

men in black......

laughing

Mindset
He constructed mother boxs as well. I t hought Red orion qas oeion with ale Did you just have a stroke?

pym-ftw
laughing out loud

curryman
Strength: Orion
Intelligence : Thor
Energy Absorption: Thor
Fighting experience/ability: Thor if he fights without the hammer.
Striking power: Orion
Best Berserk Rage: Orion (when's the last time Thor raged...)

celeyhyga17
He's portrayed going apesheet way too often, but he has Thor beat in the intelligence department hands down!

Golgo13
Dcnu orion seems to be going away from that.

ODG
Do u mean source of the beast orion? Does creating the genesis box put him over in intelligence? And what about the Countdown feat? Genesis Box was constructed by an alternate universe Orion.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Genesis Box was constructed by an alternate universe Orion.

Yes, but Orion has made MB's before as well. Mister Miracle too. I guess Most New Gods and tech just go hand and hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by ODG
Genesis Box was constructed by an alternate universe Orion.

Hmm figures.

Yes, but Orion has made MB's before as well. Mister Miracle too. I guess Most New Gods and tech just go hand and hand.

Got a reference or a scan for that? How exactly did he make a motherbox? I'd like to see this for myself to know whether or not it's relevant to comparing intelligence.

Golgo13
Hmm figures.

Got a reference or a scan for that? How exactly did he make a motherbox? I'd like to see this for myself to know whether or not it's relevant to comparing intelligence.

I think it was Pollok's run of New Gods, but NG's tech are supposed to be light years ahead of most tech.

light years are a measure of distance

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think it was Pollok's run of New Gods, but NG's tech are supposed to be light years ahead of most tech.

That doesn't in itself mean Orion is more intelligent then Thor, or anyone really. You can teach a monkey how to put something together if practiced enough, which is why I want to see the scan.

In various portrayals Asgard is technologically advanced, doesn't mean Thor is more intelligent then say, Daredevil.

Golgo13
That doesn't in itself mean Orion is more intelligent then Thor, or anyone really. You can teach a monkey how to put something together if practiced enough, which is why I want to see the scan.

In various portrayals Asgard is technologically advanced, doesn't mean Thor is more intelligent then say, Daredevil.

I mean on the tech side. What are you judging intelligence on? And what are some of Thor's examples?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I mean on the tech side. What are you judging intelligence on? And what are some of Thor's examples?

That's part of the problem isn't it? There are so many ways to judge intelligence. Imo, I'd look at it this way. Give the two a problem with the same amount of knowledge/resources, see who solves it first.

All the notable intelligence feats for Thor:
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,222540.msg3671438.html#msg3671438

Golgo13
That's part of the problem isn't it? There are so many ways to judge intelligence. Imo, I'd look at it this way. Give the two a problem with the same amount of knowledge/resources, see who solves it first.

All the notable intelligence feats for Thor:
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,222540.msg3671438.html#msg3671438

I can't see it, since I have to login. sad Anyway, I think it's hard to call intelligence without any specifics.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I can't see it, since I have to login. sad Anyway, I think it's hard to call intelligence without any specifics.

I thought you had an account on Herochat?

Which is why I said split. Tbh I might give Thor the edge on average depending on how far the writer is going with the rabid dog thing Orion has from time to time. It's not even that Thor is smarter but all that rage can hinder Orion's more rational thought processes.

Golgo13
I thought you had an account on Herochat?

Which is why I said split. Tbh I might give Thor the edge on average depending on how far the writer is going with the rabid dog thing Orion has from time to time. It's not even that Thor is smarter but all that rage can hinder Orion's more rational thought processes.

I used to, but I forgot my password. I'm trying to get another account, but haven't heard from anyone yet, because you have to wait to get access to the boards.

Anyway, since we're on the intelligence side, who is a better tactician/strategist?

ODG
Yes, but Orion has made MB's before as well. Mister Miracle too. I guess Most New Gods and tech just go hand and hand. Himon invented Motherboxes. Likely instructed them how to use, construct and repair them as well.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Himon invented Motherboxes. Likely instructed them how to use, construct and repair them as well.

Yep. That and it has also been stated that technology is just an extension of the New Gods in general.

ODG
^ Mjolnir's an extension of Thor too. And he's reconstructed it several times on his own. I don't find that fact very probative of his intelligence or ingenuity. Maybe I should, but I just don't.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
^ Mjolnir's an extension of Thor too. And he's reconstructed it several times on his own. I don't find that fact very probative of his intelligence or ingenuity. Maybe I should, but I just don't.

Then who do you find more intelligent? Across the board. And why?

ODG
Hulk smartest there is. durhulk

Golgo13
LOL! Fair enough. stick out tongue

guy222
Ats right

celeyhyga17
http://imageshack.us/f/153/orion2413.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/829/orion2414.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/577/orion2415.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/341/orion2416.jpg/
Lets see... He exhibited human and New God engineering expertise, historical knowledge, and was methodical in his approach to outprep and outthink his opponent.

Golgo13
http://imageshack.us/f/153/orion2413.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/829/orion2414.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/577/orion2415.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/341/orion2416.jpg/

Lets see... He exhibited human and New God engineering expertise, historical knowledge, and was methodical in his approach to outprep and outthink his opponent.

Are those the Arnicus Wolfram scans? That was bad ass in thinking.

Golgo13
thumb up Yep, it is.

celeyhyga17
thumb up Yep, it is.
Surprised u didn't bring that up. Some Orion fan u are... mad

Rage.Of.Olympus
I used to, but I forgot my password. I'm trying to get another account, but haven't heard from anyone yet, because you have to wait to get access to the boards.

Anyway, since we're on the intelligence side, who is a better tactician/strategist?

Oh too bad. I didn't want to just scan spam but whatever here:

But that's more knowledge/expertise in fields. If you want Thor outsmarting an opponent like the scan Celes posted from Simonson's run, a good example would be Simonson's run where he forces Loki to undo his magic but it's a bit more direct/forced.

Thor is very rarely sneaky besides the time he was young or mortal. One of the rare times was the Ragnarok arc. Not sure. Unfortunately Thor isn't very strategic although JMS'/Gillen's Thor came off as very wise/cautious. Then Fraction came along.

Golgo13
Surprised u didn't bring that up. Some Orion fan u are... mad

I have had a horrible memory lately. Like really bad. sad I have been forgetting shit left and right.

Golgo13
Wow, never was aware of these feats. Thanks.

beatboks
I was surprised more people didn't.
Oh we got it ( MIB was a box office success) it just wasn't that good.

-Pr-
Excuses.

beatboks
Oh too bad. I didn't want to just scan spam but whatever here:

But that's more knowledge/expertise in fields. If you want Thor outsmarting an opponent like the scan Celes posted from Simonson's run, a good example would be Simonson's run where he forces Loki to undo his magic but it's a bit more direct/forced.

Thor is very rarely sneaky besides the time he was young or mortal. One of the rare times was the Ragnarok arc. Not sure. Unfortunately Thor isn't very strategic although JMS'/Gillen's Thor came off as very wise/cautious. Then Fraction came along.

There was also a few classic Avenger where Thor was more good to the cause as Blake than as Thor. One IIRC where he, T'Challa and Pym saved the day with some medical research breakthrough

celeyhyga17

Where are these strength feats?

mib sucked

the Darkone

There is none, when Orion was fighting Firestrom Orion couldn't hold up a giant size cube of solid Orion as where Thor lifted the World engine. They are close in strength but I feel Thor will edge him out, Orion goes all out as where Thor holds, and Thor does hold he is still on equal footing with his peers.

the Darkone

the Darkone

Flight Speed: Thor
Inheritance of Power: Thor

ODG
There is none, when Orion was fighting Firestrom Orion couldn't hold up a giant size cube of solid Orion as where Thor lifted the World engine. They are close in strength but I feel Thor will edge him out, Orion goes all out as where Thor holds, and Thor does hold he is still on equal footing with his peers. Low feat. Everybody's got em.

the Darkone
Originally posted by ODG
Low feat. Everybody's got em.
I know everybody has low feats, I was being sarcastic. Tbh Orion doesn't have any that I recall,he really doesn't need if if you fight people like superman, Darkseid,kalibak etc

celeyhyga17
I know everybody has low feats, I was being sarcastic. Tbh Orion doesn't have any that I recall,he really doesn't need if if you fight people like superman, Darkseid,kalibak etc
Believe me he's gottem too. He's been gamed a few times in his history.. No one is free from them..

Zack Fair
How about Maxima oneshotting him with a TP blast?

Rage.Of.Olympus
She didn't one shot him. She did however cripple him with telepathic pain. Not a great showing but not horrible either.

Tbh though, that's the exact kind of thing Thor would probably resist and overcome.

the Darkone
She didn't one shot him. She did however cripple him with telepathic pain. Not a great showing but not horrible either.

Tbh though, that's the exact kind of thing Thor would probably resist and overcome.

I think Thor resist that from ego on top a lot of things!

beatboks

I don't read new gods. I've been shown the scans in forum debates. One of his shattering a moon and one of him moving a small planet. Honestly not sure of the context of either ( for all I know he used his astro force to achieve them - but based on the scans I saw it looked like strength). Now technically midguard serpent and life tree are supposed to be better feats but as I said they are abstract.

the Darkone
I don't read new gods. I've been shown the scans in forum debates. One of his shattering a moon and one of him moving a small planet. Honestly not sure of the context of either ( for all I know he used his astro force to achieve them - but based on the scans I saw it looked like strength). Now technically midguard serpent and life tree are supposed to be better feats but as I said they are abstract.

So you dont read the new gods but only seen scans okay, that means you haven't read Thor either. Tbh they are peers by feats Thor would look stronger while Orion would be more ruthless, tbh it's even or edge to Thor, resisting the weight of scores of planets, lift the world engine, one shot Korg bro into space and out earth solar system.

beatboks
So you dont read the new gods but only seen scans okay, that means you haven't read Thor either. Tbh they are peers by feats Thor would look stronger while Orion would be more ruthless, tbh it's even or edge to Thor, resisting the weight of scores of planets, lift the world engine, one shot Korg bro into space and out earth solar system.

NO I've read a LOT of Thor. why would not reading about one character n a battle thread mean I haven't read both??? for one thing if you look back I've referrenced a few Thor feats because I have read him ( he's one of my 10 fav Marvel characters). That's why I corrected a few pages back anyone who thought Orion has greater durability and damage soak. Again every feat for Thor's strength you've mentioned is abstract in nature while those scans I've seen of Orion are NOT

the Darkone
NO I've read a LOT of Thor. why would not reading about one character n a battle thread mean I haven't read both??? for one thing if you look back I've referrenced a few Thor feats because I have read him ( he's one of my 10 fav Marvel characters). That's why I corrected a few pages back anyone who thought Orion has greater durability and damage soak. Again every feat for Thor's strength you've mentioned is abstract in nature while those scans I've seen of Orion are NOT

You seen scans not the whole story, Thor and Orion are very much peers if there is a edge it will slightly go to Thor.

carver9
Orion didn't do any of the fts mentioned above.

Golgo13
You seen scans not the whole story, Thor and Orion are very much peers if there is a edge it will slightly go to Thor.

I would say Orion in a fight. I think he's more skilled in combat.

beatboks

I've seen scans of Orion, I've read and own shit loads of Thor's full stories. what I said was just because I haven't read Orion doesn't mean I haven't read Thor, which is what you said. I'm well and truly aware of almost every feat of Classic Thor and qute a few modern ones. The only actual stories I've seen of Orion are of him fighting Superman and his father Darkseid. in the later he was shown to be stronger than DS which was inconsistent with the former as he was Superman's equal ( and Supes is no where near equal to DS in strength post COIE)

your saying that I don't know anythin about Thor just because I don't know Orion that well ( which I freely admit) is what I'm calling you on. All I'm saying is that if I were to give an edge to either ( because I originally said I agreed with the split decision i quoted) it would be to Orion only because we can definitely know that a plant wieghts a lot. We only have statement to base things like the Serpent. world Tree, world engine etc on. IMO they are as pointless as things like Supes and Marvel lifting the book of Infinity. Great feats yes but not quantifiable by any stretch of the imagination.

beatboks
Orion didn't do any of the fts mentioned above.
As I said I have no idea of context can only go on what I've seen. I'll be honest it was only two scans of a few panels and I'm always dubious when someone doesn't load a full page but that was hiw it was depicted in a debate I read years ago on the now defunct DC boards.

quanchi112
Thor.

guy222
God of tunder rocks

Golgo13
Orion DOG of WAR.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.