Orion/Superman vs Silver Surfer/Hulk vs Terrax/Firelord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
stick out tongue

Stoic
Team 3 gets busted in the first few seconds of combat. My pick for the winning team is Team 2. Norrin can beat Superman if he uses all of his powers, and if the Hulk gets into a brawl with Orion I see the Dog of War losing once the Hulk really begins to pour it on. But, if Orion goes for the uncharacteristic BFR on the Hulk Team 2 will stomp.

guy222
Well said friend

-Pr-
Team 1 or 2.

guy222
How would u rank em power wise Pr

celeyhyga17
Team 3 don't have the durability of the other teams. Team 1 wins in a forum fight. Better maneuverability, good versatility, and just as durable as team 2.

-Pr-
Originally posted by guy222
How would u rank em power wise Pr

Superman is as powerful as his preboot self, so he's easily up there with Surfer and Hulk. Orion, we haven't seen a whole lot of, but if he's as good as he seems, he should be able to hold his own quite well.

team 1 has best combo of mobility, energy manipulation and physicality.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman is as powerful as his preboot self, so he's easily up there with Surfer and Hulk. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/ooo_zpse0bec308.gif

carver9
Team 2.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/ooo_zpse0bec308.gif

laughing out loud

His feats put him on the same level power wise. He's just lacking experience, but he's getting it faster because he's regularly fighting a more powerful class of villain than he did before.

celeyhyga17
If DCnU team 2 wins.

leonidas
only thing i know for sure is team 3 gets the bum's rush quickly....

psycho gundam
firelord's had decent fights with surfer and thor.

janus77
Team 2 win in a stomp.

It's practically spite if Surfer is fighting smart and if Hulk is not being handicapped to some arbitrary - non-comic - limit.

Surfer is just too powerful and versatile, especially so when given an infinite reservoir of power to tap into.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by janus77
Team 2 win in a stomp.

It's practically spite if Surfer is fighting smart and if Hulk is not being handicapped to some arbitrary - non-comic - limit.

Surfer is just too powerful and versatile, especially so when given an infinite reservoir of power to tap into.
I guess the Source (Astro Force) is not so infinite a reservoir eh?

If anything, team 1 trumps team 2 in versatility.

janus77
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I guess the Source (Astro Force) is not so infinite a reservoir eh?

If anything, team 1 trumps team 2 in versatility.
Since when has Orion been said to tap into an infinite well of power?

Hulk actually has consistently been stated to have access to it and has been shown to pour out as much energy as he likes (if Banner deems it safe to unleash).

Surfer is far more versatile than Team 1. It's nonsense to suggest otherwise. Anything - literally - that Team 1 can do, Surfer can either replicate or substitute a Power Cosmic version of.

-Pr-
You don't get to write him as a forum avatar. He follows his own personality and experience.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by janus77
Since when has Orion been said to tap into an infinite well of power?

Hulk actually has consistently been stated to have access to it and has been shown to pour out as much energy as he likes (if Banner deems it safe to unleash).

Surfer is far more versatile than Team 1. It's nonsense to suggest otherwise. Anything - literally - that Team 1 can do, Surfer can either replicate or substitute a Power Cosmic version of.
Da fuq? U make it seem like the astro force is a lantern ring and will run out of juice all of a sudden. believe me when I say it is infinite.

And how does having infinite reservoir of energy help you in a forum fight? No one is likely to run out of juice before a team loses. It's ludicrous to think otherwise.

No one is disputing Norrin's versatility. But as a team, Surf does not make up for Hulk's lack of versatility in a battle. No way....
Supes is not some flying brick with lazers coming out of his eyes. In fact on average, he makes use of his powerset more often than most versatile heralds do (ie Thor). In the case of Orion, his harness is so chock full of tricks it's retarded.

lawest9
Superman is as powerful as his preboot self, so he's easily up there with Surfer and Hulk. Orion, we haven't seen a whole lot of, but if he's as good as he seems, he should be able to hold his own quite well. You m ean the one who bench pressed the earths weight for five straight days while being deprived of sunlight?..............I agree.

guy222
Well said Pr. Don't undersell Firelord, I do agree T3 comes n last. T2 powerwise trumps T1 anyday IMHO

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think Team 2 would beat Team 1 in a straight up fight, but using teamwork and their versatility advantage, I can see them winning as well.

Split with Team 3 coming in last.

guy222
Cool

Zack Fair
Originally posted by 753
team 1 has best combo of mobility, energy manipulation and physicality. thumb up

guy222
Boo laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by lawest9
You m ean the one who bench pressed the earths weight for five straight days while being deprived of sunlight?..............I agree.
Yeah the same guy who punched a guy so hard his teammates felt it......

IN OUTER SPACE!!!

Zack Fair
wait wha?

guy222
Insedible big grin

-Pr-
Originally posted by lawest9
You m ean the one who bench pressed the earths weight for five straight days while being deprived of sunlight?..............I agree.

Yep.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
wait wha?

When he was fighting H'el.

guy222
Finally read Supes #17. Great ending. H'el hopefully returns

carver9
Yeah the same guy who punched a guy so hard his teammates felt it......

IN OUTER SPACE!!!

The writer of that book didn't know what he was doing. He referred to those punches as mountain busting punches. WTF

guy222
Kril has matched Thor, fared well vs Radd but knocked out cold by the Hucster

carver9
By the way, I thought we use the more recent characters unless stated otherwise. So this would be reboot Supes and Orion.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
The writer of that book didn't know what he was doing. He referred to those punches as mountain busting punches. WTF

Punches that can be felt in space would still crush mountains.

You assigning it as a maximum is the problem. The writer was pretty clear about his intent, imo.

guy222
It's all current versions

Zack Fair
Punches that can be felt in space would still crush mountains.

You assigning it as a maximum is the problem. The writer was pretty clear about his intent, imo. thumb up

quanchi112
Surfer/hulk.

guy222
Agreed

h1a8
Team 2 gets stomped. Hulk is the weak link
Team 3 gets stomped next. Terrax is the weak link
Team 1 everytime

h1a8
On KMC speed means almost diddly squat.
Hulk gets team 2 killed fast.

celeyhyga17
There aren't many herald or under 2 man teams that can beat a Supes/Orion combo.

guy222
Hulk and Surfer do

Nibedicus
Yeah Surfer vs Supes and Orion vs Hulk would be a perfect matchup IMO.

Surfer would beat Supes and Hulk would eventually beat Orion (tho it could take a while).

Reversed, Surfer can beat Orion but I feel like Superman can beat Hulk. Surfer would still beat Superman, tho.

So team 2.

eaebiakuya
Hulk would by BFR by Anyone in first minute of the combat, if they are not dumb.

guy222
Prolly not

Nibedicus
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Hulk would by BFR by Anyone in first minute of the combat, if they are not dumb.

Orion is more of a brawler than a BFR-er if fighting in-character. And Supes can't BFR Hulk anywhere Surfer can't get him back.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Orion is more of a brawler than a BFR-er if fighting in-character. And Supes can't BFR Hulk anywhere Surfer can't get him back. That would still suck for Team 2.. Imagine team 1 just keeps punting him into space and Surfer has to constantly fetch his dumb@$$? I'd pay for that comic.

eaebiakuya
Terrax and Firelord could. And they are faster than Hulk. Orion can BFR with a punch or energy beam, like he did with Superman in a fight they are punching eachother around the world. But Hulk cant fly to back to fight

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ManOfTomorrow13b.jpg

Hulk has no way no stop that.

Nibedicus
That would still suck for Team 2.. Imagine team 1 just keeps punting him into space and Surfer has to constantly fetch his dumb@$$? I'd pay for that comic.

LOL, I'd prolly read that comic too. It can certainly happen. Tho, I have a feeling that Orion would charge the bigger and meaner looking guy first. Grappling with naked shiny semi-contortionist guys might not be how Orion rolls.

Nibedicus
Terrax and Firelord could. And they are faster than Hulk. Orion can BFR with a punch or energy beam, like he did with Superman in a fight they are punching eachother around the world. But Hulk cant fly to back to fight

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ManOfTomorrow13b.jpg

It's not a BFR per se as Orion is more likely to chase after Hulk to continue the fight than he is to try and gang up on Surfer.

Bear in mind that this is CURRENT (DCnU versions) unless otherwise stated by OP.

carver9
Hulk body absorb impacts/punches. If you're not grabbing him by the ft tossing him, bfring ain't happening.

celeyhyga17
LOL, I'd prolly read that comic too. It can certainly happen. Tho, I have a feeling that Orion would charge the bigger and meaner looking guy first. Grappling with naked shiny semi-contortionist guys might not be how Orion rolls.
Hey Lightray looks even gayer than Surfer and that didn't prevent Orion from wtf pwnin that corny lookin fool.

Nibedicus
Hey Lightray looks even gayer than Surfer and that didn't prevent Orion from wtf pwnin that corny lookin fool.

Matter of opinion.

Can't get gayer than naked-silvery-shiny-surfboarder IMO.

eaebiakuya
It's not a BFR per se as Orion is more likely to chase after Hulk to continue the fight than he is to try and gang up on Surfer.

Bear in mind that this is CURRENT (DCnU versions) unless otherwise stated by OP.

But in This scenario he would help his team mate or fight against other people. Thats not 1v1 fight or even 2v2.

eaebiakuya
Hulk body absorb impacts/punches. If you're not grabbing him by the ft tossing him, bfring ain't happening.

Tell that to Thor( Fear it self) or Starbrand.

Nibedicus
But in This scenario he would help his team mate or fight against other people. Thats not 1v1 fight.

It's also based on how characters fight. Orion isn't the type to run away from an opponent. Surfer is tailor made for mobile fights, if Orion tosses Hulk, Surfer can just maneuver to where Hulk is and keep fighting there. If they BFR Hulk into space, Surfer can just pick him up.

Of course, we're ignoring the fact that Hulk doesn't always get punted even when hit by really hard punches.

Also, this is DCnU Orion/Supes.

carver9

Lol...Thor used every piece of energy he had along with a lightning bolt and his body to hit Hulk outer space and he koed himself during the process. Great pointout lol.

Lol...Starbrand used a beam of energy to bfr Hulk, a beam of energy that no one in this battle have.

I guess koing themselves during the process would be a good way of bfring Hulk (and Surfer would bring him right back). Great post.

Nibedicus

Thor hit Hulk with everything he had that time and his hitting power is significantly higher than DCnU Superman's or Orion's.

Neither of these guys are Starbrand level.

eaebiakuya
Superman, Firelord, Terrax and Orion, have a lot speed. If Surfer run from his fight, the others guys would chase him.

Terrax and Firelord will not insta die after the combat stars. In a fight like This, is better to Anyone to BFR a fighter.

If Orion chase Hulk after the BFR he also could by chased by another fighter.

carver9
Orion isn't bfring Hulk, not in character. Orion would lose in a fight against Hulk, especially an Orion with no fts. Hulks body is like a sponge, punching him doesn't bfr him.

eaebiakuya
Thor in Fear it self was badly injured ( read fraction run) and was against a VERY amped Hulk, far stronger than savage.

Carver, Orion and Firelord have beans of energy. Just look the link I posted.

If it is DCNUOrion, he has almost no feats then.

Nibedicus
Superman, Firelord, Terrax and Orion, have a lot speed. If Surfer run from his fight, the others guys would chase him.

Terrax and Firelord will not insta die after the combat stars. In a fight like This, is better to Anyone to BFR a fighter.

If Orion chase Hulk after the BFR he also could by chased by another fighter.

If this is a FFA, then it comes down to w/c guy the other guys try to gang up with first.

Surfer has and can beat anyone on Team 3 convincingly so can Hulk. If team 1 and 3 gangs up on them, sure T1 could win (as Team 3 will always lose in the end unless they fight smart and let T1 and T2 tire themselves out). But they're as likely to go after T1 as they are T2 so who goes after who could be a non-issue here. Thus, they won't all simply BFR Hulk and go after Surfer.

Overall, long term FFA fights would also go to Surfer/Hulk as Hulk gets more powerful and Surfer fighting method of run-and-gun would most likely mean he'd take less damage over an extended period than Orion/Superman's tank and spank fighting methods. T3 loses regardless, they suck. stick out tongue

leonidas
team 1 is the best combo of power and versatility. then team 2. team 3 is a distant 3rd imo.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by leonidas
team 1 is the best combo of power and versatility. then team 2. team 3 is a distant 3rd imo.

Team 2 IS Power and Versatility.

stick out tongue

Nibedicus
Team 2 IS Power and Versatility.

stick out tongue

And what versatility "feats" does DCNU Orion have these days anyway?

celeyhyga17
Wait.. These are DCnU versions??

Nibedicus
Wait.. These are DCnU versions??

Didn't specify. Rules say most current versions.

Edit. Oh he did.

It's all current versions

So yeah.

leonidas
hmm, current versions would change things. i hate using dcnu characters. feats are still too limited. dcnu orion has very ltd appearances so gauging his level and overall powers is pretty impossible.....

celeyhyga17
Aww that sucks.. Not fair for team 1 then. Orion is a severe weak link if that's the case.

carver9
Thor in Fear it self was badly injured ( read fraction run) and was against a VERY amped Hulk, far stronger than savage.

Carver, Orion and Firelord have beans of energy. Just look the link I posted.

If it is DCNUOrion, he has almost no feats then.

When did Thor appear weak in that comic? Hell, before that, he worked Surfer.

Lol @ VERY amped.

Show me Orion bfring someone with a beam like Starbrand did.

guy222
Powa Team 2

Golgo13
Team 1. Then team 2.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did Thor appear weak in that comic? Hell, before that, he worked Surfer.

Lol @ VERY amped.

Show me Orion bfring someone with a beam like Starbrand did.

Thor was injured and weakened when he fought the Worthy. Right before that he even took on the Serpent, after that he got beat up by Odin. And like right before that was the entire Galactus/Surfer arc. Always had great endurance/stamina.

Hulk was amped. Surfer and Banner are just lucky they weren't facing a fresh Thor without circumstances. Fraction's Thor needs handicaps to make it an evenish fight, otherwise it's just going to be a lot of rape.

guy222
T2 then T1. T3 can win vs T1

Golgo13
Team 1 has the perfect combo, IMO. SS should get a better partner. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Team 2.

DCNU versions for team 1 cripple their chances.

Golgo13
Oh, I forgot we use current versions.

guy222
Orion and Supes good team. T2 too much for em

Golgo13
Is this Pre-Flashpoint or DCnU?

guy222
All current versions

Golgo13
Orion only has a handful of appearances. Can't judge yet.

TheGodKiller
Surfer/Hulk wins.

quanchi112
Surfer/Hulk wins.

guy222
Yup. All three teams have had good battles

quanchi112
Yup. All three teams have had good battles I greatly favor team 2. Agree ?

guy222
I do easily. Terrax and Firelord can defeat T1

h1a8
I do easily. Terrax and Firelord can defeat T1

Hulk would get stomped immediately. He has no flight or proper mobility or speed. He can be bfred or beaten senseless within a short amount of time.
Terrax can slice him in half as well. He is the weakest character here.

Superman is vastly faster than Terrax or Firelord in combat. Superman has freeze breath that can slow them down even more. Both Terrax an Firelord will have serious problems with Superman alone. Adding Orion then they get beat.

Surfer can give Superman problems. But Orion and Superman can take care of Surfer. Hulk is a non factor and can either be bfred, sliced in half, beat down quickly because of lack of speed, etc.

Team 1 wins mainly because of Superman.

h1a8
Team 2 is the weakest because of Hulk.
If he gets knocked miles away then Surfer is without a partner temporarily.
If he gets knocked into space then Surfer is without a partner permanently.

curryman
Team 1.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor was injured and weakened when he fought the Worthy. Right before that he even took on the Serpent, after that he got beat up by Odin. And like right before that was the entire Galactus/Surfer arc. Always had great endurance/stamina.

Hulk was amped. Surfer and Banner are just lucky they weren't facing a fresh Thor without circumstances. Fraction's Thor needs handicaps to make it an evenish fight, otherwise it's just going to be a lot of rape.

After Thor BFR a Amped Hulk, he put his hand in his belly, exactly where he had been hurt.

And the writter is Fraction, the same who made the injury in Thor belly.

Someone must do a "Mythbust" about being K'O because he used all he had to BFR Nul...

guy222
Firelord had fared well vs Surfer and Thor. Supes or Orion ain"t stopping Hulk. Love the passion though for T1 winning. T2 my choice

Naija boy
Surfer and hulk take it

h1a8
I don't understand. Hulk is what makes team 2 come last. If he gets knocked in orbit or many miles away then Surfer has to fight alone.

Hulk is the slowest as well. Terrax at best can slice him in two.

Sure Surfer is probably greater than any character here but his partner is the worst here. He's just a brick and can bfred anytime (at the very least).

guy222
Don't see Terrax cleaving anyone n 1/2

h1a8
Don't see Terrax cleaving anyone n 1/2

He cleaved a planet in half.
Is it because he's too slow and won't get the chance or is it because he doesn't have the strength and power to do it?

guy222
IMHO, won't get the chance

h1a8
IMHO, won't get the chance

Ok makes sense.
What about knocking Hulk out of the fight for awhile. He can't fly like the others. Surfer would be alone fighting. Hulk's mobility sucks.

guy222
I give Terrax and Firelord a chance vs either team, but Hulk has already k/oed FL. Hulk doesn't fly but the strength. Thunderclaps and the ability to heal from anything. Twrrax hasn't looked good since he firat appeared. U make good points as i have said before,

Golgo13
Hulk gets Boomtubed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Hulk gets Boomtubed. Based on ?

iceman24567
Team 1 imo

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Team 1 imo How do they beat team 2 ?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by quanchi112
How do they beat team 2 ?
By being DC characters, lol.

h1a8
How do they beat team 2 ?

By removing Hulk from battefield easily.

guy222
Would love to see it n the comics teams battle

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
By removing Hulk from battefield easily. We have seen it attempted. It failed.

Golgo13
Would love to see it n the comics teams battle

Me too.

h1a8
We have seen it attempted. It failed.

Irrelevant. He gets hit away with ease.

carver9

Prove it.

quanchi112
Irrelevant. He gets hit away with ease. We have seen this tactic try and fail so you need to prove it.

h1a8
We have seen this tactic try and fail so you need to prove it.

I need to prove what exactly? Are you saying Hulk can't be hit away?

h1a8
Prove it.

Hulk weighs 1000lb. Each character here is class 100. Thus they have the sufficient strength to hit Hulk's ass like a ping pong ball far far away. Hell they can launch him into space if they really wanted to.

quanchi112
I need to prove what exactly? Are you saying Hulk can't be hit away? I am saying you need to prove so and so can do it.

quanchi112
Hulk weighs 1000lb. Each character here is class 100. Thus they have the sufficient strength to hit Hulk's ass like a ping pong ball far far away. Hell they can launch him into space if they really wanted to. If it were that easy it would happen all the time. It does not. Prove it.

carver9
Hulk weighs 1000lb. Each character here is class 100. Thus they have the sufficient strength to hit Hulk's ass like a ping pong ball far far away. Hell they can launch him into space if they really wanted to.

Again, prove it. I don't care what you say, don't care about your calculations or your opinion. Post a SCAN proving it.

quanchi112
Again, prove it. I don't care what you say, don't care about your calculations or your opinion. Post a SCAN proving it. You know this is his kryptonite.

h1a8
Again, prove it. I don't care what you say, don't care about your calculations or your opinion. Post a SCAN proving it.

Then you are trolling and can be warned.
You can't ignore common sense in favor of lies.
If someone can lift millions of tons or more then what the hell is a half of ton to them? They can easily knock or throw Hulk into space and hit him far away at the minimum.

quanchi112
If someone can lift millions of tons or more then what the hell is a half of ton to them? They can easily knock or throw Hulk into space and hit him far away at the minimum. laughing out loud

Don't backseat mod.

carver9
If someone can lift millions of tons or more then what the hell is a half of ton to them? They can easily knock or throw Hulk into space and hit him far away at the minimum.

Again, post a scan. Hulk fight people all of he time that hit with that amount of force and he doesn't go flying. His body is like a sponge, he can withstand assaults of that magnitude without pause. Now again, post a scan or concede. Its simple, post proof.

JakeTheBank
Depends on the Orion and the Hulk being used, imo.

h1a8
Again, post a scan. Hulk fight people all of he time that hit with that amount of force and he doesn't go flying. His body is like a sponge, he can withstand assaults of that magnitude without pause. Now again, post a scan or concede. Its simple, post proof.

Being a sponge doesn't stop you from being hit away. Do you have any common sense? Obviously, either they didn't hit Hulk with those type of forces or writer's didn't know the physics of collisions (or chose to ignore them).

carver9
Being a sponge doesn't stop you from being hit away. Do you have any common sense? Obviously, either they didn't hit Hulk with those type of forces or writer's didn't know the physics of collisions (or chose to ignore them).

So what scan or comic are you referencing? Issue # please.

h1a8
So what scan or comic are you referencing? Issue # please.

I'm not referencing any comic. Just using common sense. Hulk doesn't have glue on his feet to prevent being lifted. A simple uppercut with forces greater than his weight would send him flying. It's not debatable so stop trolling the thread.

carver9
I'm not referencing any comic. Just using common sense. Hulk doesn't have glue on his feet to prevent being lifted. A simple uppercut with forces greater than his weight would send him flying. It's not debatable so stop trolling the thread.

So if I post someone uppercutting Hulk without him being bfred, would you be able to counter it with a scan?

h1a8
So if I post someone uppercutting Hulk without him being bfred, would you be able to counter it with a scan?

If you post someone uppercutting Hulk without him being hit far away then that means they didn't hit him hard enough.

Also you are forgetting thrown. Hulk can be thrown into outer space or very far away.

carver9
If you post someone uppercutting Hulk without him being hit far away then that means they didn't hit him hard enough.

Also you are forgetting thrown. Hulk can be thrown into outer space or very far away.

If I post someone in a rage, bloodlusted, uppercutting Hulk and they are a high class 100, would you be able to post a counter?

Answer my other question in the Doomsday vs Bill thread.

Nibedicus

Hulk's been able to move/push objects far heavier than himself and sustain direct hits from Cl 100s on panel w/o being tossed around like a pingpong ball. We can't start assuming that he has to follow basic rules of friction when it's obvious that he doesn't. On panel. In comics. Characters ignore the laws of physics. Call it a superpower if you want, but it happens. It's funny that you choose to ignore basic laws of physics when characters start pulling planets or flying or ppl running/flying at FTL not causing the atmosphere to burn up but can't seem to ignore COMMONLY ignored physics laws like friction coefficients just because it suits your purposes.

THAT'S not debatable so YOU stop trolling the thread.

Zack Fair
I agree.

I guess it depends on the writer. Not every punch sends people flying, but when they have to for plot convenience they do.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Depends on the Orion and the Hulk being used, imo. Such as ?

JakeTheBank
Such as ?

Pak/Green Scar Hulk, obviously, is an exceptionally formidable incarnation of Hulk more than capable of hanging with top tiers. Savage Hulk can, too, but Green Scar's feats ranged from highly impressive to flat out ridiculously absurd (especially if he goes Worldbreaker). Current Indestructible Hulk seems isn't any less weaker or formidable than Savage, but not on the level of Pak's Hulk, imho.

As far as Orion goes, he's got a few incarnations outside of his standard that could sway the fight one way or the other.

Ultimately, though, it's Hulk's representation that effects the outcome the most.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pak/Green Scar Hulk, obviously, is an exceptionally formidable incarnation of Hulk more than capable of hanging with top tiers. Savage Hulk can, too, but Green Scar's feats ranged from highly impressive to flat out ridiculously absurd (especially if he goes Worldbreaker). Current Indestructible Hulk seems isn't any less weaker or formidable than Savage, but not on the level of Pak's Hulk, imho.

As far as Orion goes, he's got a few incarnations outside of his standard that could sway the fight one way or the other.

Ultimately, though, it's Hulk's representation that effects the outcome the most. I see Paks Hulk as the ultimate version but even at standard Savage levels I feel he's too much to deal with along with the Surfed here. Power cosmic and melee, strength increasing, healing factor increasing, together are too much to overcome.

carver9
I see Paks Hulk as the ultimate version but even at standard Savage levels I feel he's too much to deal with along with the Surfed here. Power cosmic and melee, strength increasing, healing factor increasing, with Hulk, he is too much to overcome, even against Thanos. If you disagree with me Carver, meet me in the Thanos vs Hulk thread.

Let me know when you are ready bro.

guy222
Good posts friends

quanchi112
Let me know when you are ready bro. I will destroy you like always. Same end results. Save yourself the pain.

h1a8
Hulk's been able to move/push objects far heavier than himself and sustain direct hits from Cl 100s on panel w/o being tossed around like a pingpong ball. We can't start assuming that he has to follow basic rules of friction when it's obvious that he doesn't. On panel. In comics. Characters ignore the laws of physics. Call it a superpower if you want, but it happens. It's funny that you choose to ignore basic laws of physics when characters start pulling planets or flying or ppl running/flying at FTL not causing the atmosphere to burn up but can't seem to ignore COMMONLY ignored physics laws like friction coefficients just because it suits your purposes.

THAT'S not debatable so YOU stop trolling the thread. Comic characters have many times been hit far away, into space, into other states, etc. You or Carver can't pick and choose. We must go on the one that makes most sense. It's plain retarded to assume Hulk can't be hit far away when he only weighs half a ton. Hell Namor hit him a mile away before.

Super power my ass. Troll that.

Nibedicus
Comic characters have many times been hit far away, into space, into other states, etc. You or Carver can't pick and choose. We must go on the one that makes most sense. It's plain retarded to assume Hulk can't be hit far away when he only weighs half a ton. Hell Namor hit him a mile away before.

Super power my ass. Troll that.

We're not talking about "comic characters", we're talking about the Hulk. Pls focus.

See? This is why I have no respect for you. You accuse ppl of "picking and choosing" when you, most of all, are the guiltiest of this in these forums. You accuse ppl of lowballing when you're the biggest lowballer here. You accuse ppl of trolling when you troll these forums the hardest (or at least ppl consider you a giant troll). You call some ppl's logic "idiotic" when even the hardcore fans of the characters you support think your logic is asinine. You accuse ppl of hypocrisy when you're the biggest hypocrite here.

That is why I show you zero respect. And I suggest you think about what I said a little bit for your own good if you have any self respect whatsoever.

Yes, Hulk can be knocked away. But acting like it's going to happen immediately all the time is asinine. Comics can, has and will ignore physics otherwise none of the "feats" they perform will be possible. Pushing, tanking punches from strong opponents, throwing objects far heavier than them away, etc. these all would not be possible. Hulk has many many times tanked punches from Cl100's w/o so much as being pushed back. There are times where he gets tossed but we need establish context for those AND to average out how often it has happened within his numerous showings for us to determine how plausible said tactic against Hulk would be in a forum fight. Following your logic, even Spiderman (who is a class 10) braced against a solid surface should be able to toss Hulk easily around with punches. Does that happen in comics? Not really. You see in these forums primary sources of proof such as scans overrule basic "logical assumptions". And for every 1 scan you can provide where Hulk was tossed by punches, I can provde 3 scans where he stood and just took it without so much as being pushed back.

Care to go on a scan war to establish averages about where Hulk has been BFRd via punches/strikes or gotten tossed in space? I'm sure a few ppl here can help us both out.

Get your head out of your butt, stop trolling and debate with an open mind, present your opinions as opinions and your facts with scans and solid logic that ppl can agree with and you'll start getting some respect around here. And please: Stop lowballing, stop picking and choosing, stop being a hypocrite and understand that many times your logic sux and many times you need to establish your "logic" before presenting it as fact (use terms like IIRC, IMO or "correct me if I'm wrong" or "I think" if you've yet to establish it). Ppl will respect you more. I say all this not to flame or troll you but I say all this because I think someone needs to tell you.

That is of course, unless your intention is to simply troll, and if that's the case kudos, you've certainly managed to bait a TON of ppl and managed to keep from getting banned, so props for that.

carver9
We're not talking about "comic characters", we're talking about the Hulk. Pls focus.

See? This is why I have no respect for you. You accuse ppl of "picking and choosing" when you, most of all, are the guiltiest of this in these forums. You accuse ppl of lowballing when you're the biggest lowballer here. You accuse ppl of trolling when you troll these forums the hardest (or at least ppl consider you a giant troll). You call some ppl's logic "idiotic" when even the hardcore fans of the characters you support think your logic is asinine. You accuse ppl of hypocrisy when you're the biggest hypocrite here.

That is why I show you zero respect. And I suggest you think about what I said a little bit for your own good if you have any self respect whatsoever.

Yes, Hulk can be knocked away. But acting like it's going to happen immediately all the time is asinine. Comics can, has and will ignore physics otherwise none of the "feats" they perform will be possible. Pushing, tanking punches from strong opponents, throwing objects far heavier than them away, etc. these all would not be possible. Hulk has many many times tanked punches from Cl100's w/o so much as being pushed back. There are times where he gets tossed but we need establish context for those AND to average out how often it has happened within his numerous showings for us to determine how plausible said tactic against Hulk would be in a forum fight. Following your logic, even Spiderman (who is a class 10) braced against a solid surface should be able to toss Hulk easily around with punches. Does that happen in comics? Not really. You see in these forums primary sources of proof such as scans overrule basic "logical assumptions". And for every 1 scan you can provide where Hulk was tossed by punches, I can provde 3 scans where he stood and just took it without so much as being pushed back.

Care to go on a scan war to establish averages about where Hulk has been BFRd via punches/strikes or gotten tossed in space? I'm sure a few ppl here can help us both out.

Get your head out of your butt, stop trolling and debate with an open mind, present your opinions as opinions and your facts with scans and solid logic that ppl can agree with and you'll start getting some respect around here. And please: Stop lowballing, stop picking and choosing, stop being a hypocrite and understand that many times your logic sux and many times you need to establish your "logic" before presenting it as fact (use terms like IIRC, IMO or "correct me if I'm wrong" or "I think" if you've yet to establish it). Ppl will respect you more. I say all this not to flame or troll you but I say all this because I think someone needs to tell you.

That is of course, unless your intention is to simply troll, and if that's the case kudos, you've certainly managed to bait a TON of ppl and managed to keep from getting banned, so props for that.

Happy Dance I honestly do think he does what he does on purpose, to get people riled up and probably laughing at us getting irritated by it. That's why I don't waste my time with him.

Golgo13
So, BFR is in effect? Can Orion use boom tube?

Nibedicus
How often has current Orion used it as a combat tactic?

Diesldude
^^ How many appearances does current Orion have?

Nibedicus
Why ask me?

Diesldude
It's not like the hulk wasn't punched into outer space recently.

Who says that the have to punch him?
They can and its been done, superman can also easily fly around him, grab him and leave him floating in orbit.
Lmao, who cares if comic book nerd doesn't respect another. I think getting nabisco's respect and admiration is one of the least important things in H1's online alias. laughing out loud

Golgo13
How often has current Orion used it as a combat tactic?

I forgot this was DCnU, but Pre-Flashpoint Orion has done it before. DCnU hardly has any feats. His first appearance wasn't too long ago.

Diesldude
Why ask me?

I'll admit I don't know if using his per dcnu feats are allowed because he hasn't made enough appearances.

Diesldude
Double post.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Diesldude
It's not like the hulk wasn't punched into outer space recently.

If you're talking about Starbrand, he was blasted not punched. Accuracy is important, you know.

Who says that the have to punch him?

My comment was in reply to this:

So I think I have enough grounds to actually debate against it.

They can and its been done, superman can also easily fly around him, grab him and leave him floating in orbit.

Sure worked when Gladiator tried it, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lmao, who cares if comic book nerd doesn't respect another. I think getting nabisco's respect and admiration is one of the least important things in H1's online alias. laughing out loud

Well apparently you care, you took the time to post a response in h1's defense. Didn't know you cared. Ain't that sweet...

laughing

Still with the whole nabisco schtick? What're you 9? /SMH.

I'll admit I don't know if using his per dcnu feats are allowed because he hasn't made enough appearances.

Read the rules. Here's a link in case you can't find it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Golgo13
I forgot this was DCnU, but Pre-Flashpoint Orion has done it before. DCnU hardly has any feats. His first appearance wasn't too long ago.

Exactly, as per forum rules, you can't use "feats" from other versions of the character, the same way other ppl can't use Exiles Surfer's "feats" to speculate about him sharpening his board and decapitating everyone via board blitz to the head (even when the Surfer has much less hesitation to use lethal force recently).

Maybe at one day he'll have those "feats" but as of now, we can't use that as a tactic.

h1a8

That is of course, unless your intention is to simply troll, and if that's the case kudos, you've certainly managed to bait a TON of ppl and managed to keep from getting banned, so props for that. We are taking about uppercutting not a plain straight punch. Since you are in defense of Carver then you should at least have read all of our posts and not some. In real life you can apply over 800lb of hitting force and not knock the person back. That's because of the friction forces on the ground and the small time the fist is in contact with the body.

Also you don't understand that characters have variable strength showings in comics. Not all the time they are hitting with forces they have shown before. Otherwise Glads is always hitting with planet destroying power.
So it makes more since that if a character doesn't get hit away then the hit wasn't strong enough.

Show me Hulk resisting an uppercut without being sent flying by a class 100 being then you would have a leg to stand on.
Since you agree that it can happen sometimes then why argue? Obviously Hulk is going to get hit a lot here and it will eventually happen. Why argue for nothing?

I never lowball. Quan does that. He names low feats of characters when arguing against them. I don't. When do you ever hear me naming a character's low feats? I never do this. I name character's high feats. I think you got the term confused. I don't do anything more than what Rage and Bran does on a consistent basis against D.C. characters. So if I lowball then they do too.

Nibedicus
We are taking about uppercutting not a plain straight punch. Since you are in defense of Carver then you should at least have read all of our posts and not some. In real life you can apply over 800lb of hitting force and not knock the person back. That's because of the friction forces on the ground and the small time the fist is in contact with the body.

I'm not defending carver, I'm disagreeing with your line of reasoning as I found it extremely faulty and dependent on your discretion on what phyiscs laws apply and what do not as well as when they apply and when they do not (physics laws apply for Hulk being tossed back yet does not apply when someone runs FTL w/in the atmosphere, forces of gravity does not apply when someone moves a planet with a magic rope, etc.).

Also you don't understand that characters have variable strength showings in comics. Not all the time they are hitting with forces they have shown before. Otherwise Glads is always hitting with planet destroying power.
So it makes more since that if a character doesn't get hit away then the hit wasn't strong enough.

"Variable strength" is almost meaningless. As per basic laws of physics, any amount of force that can overcome an object's force of friction should move the object in the direction of the force applied. Basically, unless you're saying the "variable strength" from Cl100s+ that has been hitting Hulk in comics are hitting him just slightly below his mass + the friction coefficient of the ground. Hell, you have Black Bolt blasting him with enough force to destroy a huge chunk of the moon and he just -walks- thru it. Physics don't really apply in comics.

Again, you either accept the laws of physics in its entirety or you don't. Else, it becomes the DEFINITION of "pick and choose".

Show me Hulk resisting an uppercut without being sent flying by a class 100 being then you would have a leg to stand on.

Like this one?:

http://i.imgur.com/jPOqwCy.jpg

Why are "uppercuts" so special? IF you follow basic friction coefficients, any force higher than his weight SHOULD toss him in whatever direction. Why suddenly do uppercuts follow physics when all straights of "sufficient force" (any impact higher than his weight or any impact over 1 ton) should send him backwards, all hooks of "sufficient force" should send him spinning, all blasts that hit and generate more force than his weight should send him flying all the time. This is an example of "picking and choosing"-you pick w/c physics laws should apply and when they should be used as long as it's convenient for your argument. You either follow physics laws exclusively or you don't.

While I DO agree that, in the absence of scans that prove otherwise , by default we will apply physics laws when the argumentation is purely based on speculative estimation of what could occur in a given hypothetical situation, however, given the presence of scans that contradict physics laws, we follow the scans and not the physics laws. Follow this logical path and I'll have no problem with you.

Since you agree that it can happen sometimes then why argue? Obviously Hulk is going to get hit a lot here and it will eventually happen. Why argue for nothing?

Because it's not gonna happen all the time. There will be fights where Hulk grabs someone by the neck and just pound on them. There will be fights where someone like Orion is just gonna tangle with Hulk H2H and would keep chasing him til one of them wins even IF Hulk gets tossed (my money's on Hulk). There will be fights where the Surfer just picks Hulk up while blasting the other opponents long before he even gets far (movement speedwise, Surfer is the fastest one here by far) if he does he can simply toss Hulk back and use him as a falling uber-bomb Starbrand style. I mean, with the Surfer here, how often will a BFR even stand? There's no way they can toss the Hulk fast enough or far enough for the Surfer to be unable to simply pick him back up. With Surfer's run-and-gun fighting style and superior travel speed, it won't be all that hard.

You oversimplified a very complicated fight with far more variables than simply:

He gets hit away with ease.

Frankly, it's lowballing Hulk's ENTIRE history of fighting flying bricks and heralds-levelers. He's done well against them and he doesn't get BFRd w/in the first few seconds every single time. Bigtime lowballing.

I never lowball. Quan does that. He names low feats of characters when arguing against them. I don't. When do you ever hear me naming a character's low feats? I never do this. I name character's high feats. I think you got the term confused. I don't do anything more than what Rage and Bran does on a consistent basis against D.C. characters. So if I lowball then they do too.

Dude. You lowball. A lot. Someone posts a "feat" and you come up with strange interpretations like "it took 20 seconds for the conversation, thus the travel time was 20 seconds" or "it was a moon not a planet" right off the bat and these are just in the 2 debates wherein I actually engaged with you. I'm sure ppl can find far more than those. I'm not saying other ppl don't lowball. But you don't call out ppl for "lowballing" when you do a lot of it yourself. It's hypocritical.

janus77
I think it's possible that Surfer could just give Hulk a portion of the Power Cosmic and then sit back and watch Hulk murder the other teams.

There's really nobody below Sky Father that would stand a chance against a Power Cosmic amped Hulk.

I don't even think Sky Father would cut it, if Hulk really let loose...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>