Goa'uld Ha'tak (Stargate) runs the Star Trek gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
After each battle the Ha'tak is restored to full operational capacity. All battles take place in Stargate Earth's orbit.

1. NX-01 Enterprise
2. 3 Danube-class Runabouts
3. Enterprise A
4. 24th century Klingon Bird of Prey
5. Enterprise D
6. D'direx-class Warbird
7. Jem'hadar Dreadnought

-Pr-
I've honestly never been able to gauge just how powerful those ships are in comparison to Star Trek. If I was to make an educated guess, I'd say they get to at least 5.

Omega Vision
The biggest feat of a Ha'tak came early in the show, when Stargate Command tried to destroy one with two naquadah-enhanced nuclear missiles. It was said that they had explosive yields of 1 gigaton, and they didn't even make the ship rock when they landed a direct hit. And their weapons are capable of overcoming other Ha'tak shields, so we can judge their firepower from that.

Apophis's flagship was able to destroy a Ha'tak with only a few hits, though Heru'ur was taken by surprise so his shields may not have been at full power.

-Pr-
Yeah I remember those. I just remember that Star Trek uses the "isoton" measurement, which has no real world equivalent last I checked.

I'd like to think the ships from the two universes are comparable, though.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah I remember those. I just remember that Star Trek uses the "isoton" measurement, which has no real world equivalent last I checked.

I'd like to think the ships from the two universes are comparable, though.
Their speeds are comparable. Ha'taks and ST ships anyway, 42,000 times the speed of light is max speed for a Ha'tak, and I believe that that's about Warp 8 or 9. Asgard ships make that look like nothing though.

Yeah, based on personal opinion and gut feeling I want to think that Ha'taks would be superior to 23rd century ships and about comparable to the ships we see in TNG and DS9, though I see the more powerful ones mopping the floor with Ha'taks.

I'm going to say that the Ha'tak stops at 3 or 5--even it's probably more powerful than the Enterprise A it's not as maneuverable and the ST ships have better combat range.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.