Parallax(Sinestro) vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
GO!

Odekahn
Sinestro

LeonBuco666
thanos

yaadaveyaa
thanos how could he effect him thanos has no fear? hes cursed by death so he cant die he has literally no fear thanos big stomp

"Id"
Sinestro

Golgo13
Sinestro.

pym-ftw
What feats are making people say Sinestro?

raver

TheTyrant
Thanos.

Philosophía
Parallestro.

WhiteWitchKing

quanchi112

Odekahn
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
thanos how could he effect him thanos has no fear? hes cursed by death so he cant die he has literally no fear thanos big stomp

So what? Sinestro isn't weakened by you not fearing him. Just like your willpower wouldn't make a damn if Hal was attacking you. It's the users ability to wield the particular spectrum and sinestro is an expert. Now if he can possibly be buffed or become even stronger off another's fear is debatable.

yaadaveyaa
parallax (sinestro) which is weaker then say hal or kyle who both held the entity (if i recall correctly) and the entity parallax his main focus is he feeds off your fear fear casting and mind control powers thats how he wins fights he loses to guys in GL because they dont have the slightest bit of fear... on the other hand you have thanos who has 0 fear of anything a guy whose trying to impress death for christ sake parallax wont be able to really do anything to thanos at all make constructs of something thanos fears? oh wait he doesnt fear anything

Odekahn
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
parallax (sinestro) which is weaker then say hal or kyle who both held the entity (if i recall correctly) and the entity parallax his main focus is he feeds off your fear fear casting and mind control powers thats how he wins fights he loses to guys in GL because they dont have the slightest bit of fear... on the other hand you have thanos who has 0 fear of anything a guy whose trying to impress death for christ sake parallax wont be able to really do anything to thanos at all make constructs of something thanos fears? oh wait he doesnt fear anything

Volthoom wasn't afraid either and look what sinestro did to him... And volthoom IS in the same ballpark as classic parallax and ion.

yaadaveyaa
volthoom in the same ball park with ion? idk thats a strong statement still thanos gets the victory sinestro is never doing anything to really hurt thanos ever

ODG
Originally posted by Odekahn
Volthoom wasn't afraid either and look what sinestro did to him... And volthoom IS in the same ballpark as classic parallax and ion. During the battle, Volthoom admitted to Sinestro he's felt fear. And because Sinestrollax controlled all fear, he stripped Volthoom of that spectrum of emotional power.

And, lol, no he's not. He should have been.

maxivitopowe
Bunko

CadenceV2
Love to see some Sinestro scans. How does Yellow rings work exactly?

I know red lanterns are dependent on their own rage and hate. Green on their will power. Orange on their own greed. So how does Yellow work? The more fear you have the better your are? It seems the yellow from what I understand is more dependent on outside sources rather than yourself unlike the mention Red, Green, and Orange I went through above. Seems more complicated.

DarkSaint85

CadenceV2
Interesting, so you need to build infamous rep across the universe to really be a threat unlike other lanterns who only need their own emotions.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Interesting, so you need to build infamous rep across the universe to really be a threat unlike other lanterns who only need their own emotions.

Nah, you don't need it across the universe IMHO - hence the example of a random serial killer. And why Batman was chosen as a good candidate. They both have the ability to inspire great fear - whether it be across the galaxy, or in their home planet, or in their own city. What matters is the quality of fear, I guess, not the quantity.

Of course, when you get to galactic level criminals like Superboy Prime and Mongul, that point of quality vs quantity is moot.

Board Walker
I believe the yellow power ring is empowered by the users understanding of fear, and their personal experiences of it. It has nothing to do with producing fear in others, nor is it dependent upon the inner fear of others.

The yellow ring is all about channeling your own inner fears, your understanding of them, and your utilization of them to empower you.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Board Walker
I believe the yellow power ring is empowered by the users understanding of fear, and their personal experiences of it. It has nothing to do with producing fear in others, nor is it dependent upon the inner fear of others.

The yellow ring is all about channeling your own inner fears, your understanding of them, and your utilization of them to empower you.
That sounds more like other lanterns.

Board Walker
Originally posted by CadenceV2
That sounds more like other lanterns.

all the lanterns function effectively the same, just empowered by different emotions.

Eixuheus
I haven't kept up with Lanterns but Sinestro must of gotten a ridiculous boost if he's beating or at least contending with Thanos.

Bentley
Sinestro makes a Gladiator construct and Thanos cowers in fear cool

Prof. T.C McAbe
Parallax

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Sinestro makes a Gladiator construct and Thanos cowers in fear cool Nah, he calls him am annoyance and bfrs him quite easily.

What I say has happened in comics what you say is just a fantasy of yours.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Board Walker

This is the best explanation I've heard thus far.

Kudos!

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, he calls him am annoyance and bfrs him quite easily.

What I say has happened in comics what you say is just a fantasy of yours.

A joke is a joke Quan, grow a thicker skin shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.