Thor vs GL Hal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Match
set
go!

celeyhyga17
Thor

LeonBuco666
Thor solidly, hal's constructs are no match for mjonlir or thor's mightiest punch, stated to shatter an entire mountain in one.

mighty adam
Even neither at their best could beat the other.

Zack Fair
Thor.

Johns Hal oneshots though.

JakeTheBank
Thor convincingly.

Golgo13
Hal, if it's non Johns.

the Darkone
Thor

zeel
good fight but thor wins.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by mighty adam
Even neither at their best could beat the other. what do you mean at their best? I don't think Hal at his best has any chance against rkt if that's what you mean 'best'

Digi
Both have similar potential, but energy wielders are Thor's bread and butter. He rolls.

kgkg
Thor

Odekahn
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
what do you mean at their best? I don't think Hal at his best has any chance against rkt if that's what you mean 'best'

If you compare rkt, compare him to ZH Parallax, in which Thor loses.

Hal wins this battle IMO unless its rookie Hal.

DTM
Thor wins more than not.

LeonBuco666
Thor deals with Hal like characters who are mum more powerful than hal, thor takes this solidly imo

armedforbattle
Thor wins. Not that hal isn't crazy tough, and a top 5 high herald, but with Thor being able to do a lot with energy manipulation its a bad match up for Hal

Originally posted by mighty adam
Even neither at their best could beat the other.
I dont understand
http://alwaysdarkestbeforethedawn.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/dean-what-gif.gif

Golgo13
Hal has been a very good energy manipulator as well. Well Pre-Johns era.

Sixth_Winged
Thor will rock hal.

Digi
Yeah, no one needs to be butthurt. Hal's a top 5 herald, as someone else mentioned, and certainly capable of beating anyone south of Trans. It's just, Thor's a top 5 herald as well, with better energy soak feats than (literally) anyone herald or lower, and most Trans as well.

curryman
This is one of the more favourable matchups for Thor in the high-herald category. Even so, I don't think it's a landslide or anything, but he is in the majority.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, no one needs to be butthurt. Hal's a top 5 herald, as someone else mentioned, and certainly capable of beating anyone south of Trans. It's just, Thor's a top 5 herald as well, with better energy soak feats than (literally) anyone herald or lower, and most Trans as well.

Nah, Hal's classic boxing glove one-shots Thor. big grin

Who's butthurt?

Digi
Dude, Alan Scott coined the boxing glove. Hal's just a bad copy.

wink

JakeTheBank
This is Thor's match to lose, tbh. Hal's constructs can be shattered by raw physical force, which Thor can produce in a couple of ways, to say nothing of Mjolnir being an energy sponge.

Golgo13
Dude, Alan Scott coined the boxing glove. Hal's just a bad copy.

wink

Cant argue there. stick out tongue

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This is Thor's match to lose, tbh.

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1336761521353242_animate.gif

big grin

quanchi112
Thor wins.

SithLantern93
Hal.

abhilegend
Hal wins.

Stoic
Thor

Mindship
tHoR

LeonBuco666
Thor has more 'might' than hal has 'will' thor's put up against far more powerful characters and far more often, & comes through in the end because of siad 'might', not saying hal doesn't do the same, just not as often, nor powerful and half the time he does....there's always someone there to help hal, same with thor, but he gets the job done more often then not on his own......so by that 'theory' thor wins, or in another way....thors just far to powerful for hal to stand too

Newjak
Thor should win. This is a bad matchup for Hal.

LeonBuco666
This is thors match to win tbh

"Id"
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/305/0/9/thor_vs_hal_jordan_by_laisleite-d3edh0q.jpg

"Id"
If Hal didn't kill a Guardian amped by the emotional entities, Nero tapping into the Ion Force, or Match Sinestrollax in a fire fight.

I wouldn't be so inclined to pit him against Thor.

Digi
Awesome pic.

Originally posted by "Id"
If Hal didn't kill a Guardian amped by the emotional entities, Nero tapping into the Ion Force, or Match Sinestrollax in a fire fight.

Everyone has high-end feats. It's still a bad matchup for Hal.

JakeTheBank
Awesome pic.

This.

celeyhyga17

If Thor hadn't tanked multiple hits from the 4th Celestial Host, Beat Glory, put a whole through a skymother (Zelia), fought Zeus to a standstill, put a whole on Exitar's armor, clipped the Phoenix's wings, physically stalemated Drax w/power gem, rolled multiple named heralds like Surfer/Warlock/BRB at the same time...

I prolly would have chosen Hal... wink

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
If Thor hadn't tanked multiple hits from the 4th Celestial Host, Beat Glory, put a whole through a skymother (Zelia), fought Zeus to a standstill, put a whole on Exitar's armor, clipped the Phoenix's wings, physically stalemated Drax w/power gem, rolled multiple named heralds like Surfer/Warlock/BRB at the same time...

I prolly would have chosen Hal... wink although I think thor wins this, that glory fight wasn't just thor, he has let's say 'outside' help through prayers, TOAA 'guided' him for that win, but everything else there was under thors power, thor ftw!

Golgo13

People tend to forget some of Hal's uber feats for some reason.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
People tend to forget some of Hal's uber feats for some reason.

People forget Hal's uber feats as much as they forget (or outright lowball) Thor's, tbh.

Golgo13
People forget Hal's uber feats as much as they forget (or outright lowball) Thor's, tbh.

Hal more so, because of Geoff John's neutering. People forget that he has teleported, manipulated matter/time, and energy with the best of them. Which is fine, because John's has been writing him for so long.

JakeTheBank
Hal more so, because of Geoff John's neutering. People forget that he has teleported, manipulated matter/time, and energy with the best of them. Which is fine, because John's has been writing him for so long.

Johns has given Hal some crazy feats just recently. Sure, he may not be as versatile as he was back in the Pre-Crisis days, but he's not lacking for sheer firepower.

Golgo13
Johns has given Hal some crazy feats just recently. Sure, he may not be as versatile as he was back in the Pre-Crisis days, but he's not lacking for sheer firepower.

Yeah, true, but some of those feats I listed were Post crisis too.

Digi

Who is this vague "people" you mention? I know all of that, and so do most that (credibly) debate on this board. I could use that exact same exotic power list for Mjolnir, but people (i.e. majority of KMC) know about all of that too.

Odekahn
Except I think John's removed the rings limits before he left, thus the whole Simon Baz bringing his sisters bf out of a death coma. The idea was that anything could be accomplished with enough Will.

And Hal was given the Willpower of existence before johns exited.

Golgo13
Who is this vague "people" you mention? I know all of that, and so do most that (credibly) debate on this board. I could use that exact same exotic power list for Mjolnir, but people (i.e. majority of KMC) know about all of that too.

I didny limit that statement to this board.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Odekahn
Except I think John's removed the rings limits before he left, thus the whole Simon Baz bringing his sisters bf out of a death coma. The idea was that anything could be accomplished with enough Will.

And Hal was given the Willpower of existence before johns exited.

Was that stated last issue? I hope they continue down that path.

quanchi112
Hal more so, because of Geoff John's neutering. People forget that he has teleported, manipulated matter/time, and energy with the best of them. Which is fine, because John's has been writing him for so long. No, they don't.

"Id"

I agree, everyone has high end feats. Its still a match for Thor to lose.

Digi
I didny limit that statement to this board.

Ok, but if you say something like that, it comes across as an indictment of those you're debating with. No one gives a sh*t if casual fans or other boards don't remember Hal's exotic feats. They're fairly common knowledge around here.

And to reiterate, Thor wins.

srug

Golgo13
Ok, but if you say something like that, it comes across as an indictment of those you're debating with. No one gives a sh*t if casual fans or other boards don't remember Hal's exotic feats. They're fairly common know

ledge around here.

And to reiterate, Thor wins.

srug

Just making sure. Im still giving a competent hal the win.

quanchi112
Just making sure. Im still giving a competent hal the win. Based on ?

Igniz
The people in this thread reminds of this videobig grin

GOHI7RS-84k&list=PL74CE5D4B949CEF0B

No Trolling intended.I must say I'm amused at the debate raging on laughing out loud

Mindship
From a previous Thor vs Hal thread:
Originally posted by Mindship
There is apparently no clear-cut winner as to which weapon is more "powerful." But it is clear about their wielders. Hal is a man. Thor is a god. All else being equal, Thor wins.
Originally posted by Mindship
Sure, I can see this going either way, but more and more I'm seeing this contest as one of stamina. Even if the ring can fend off attacks from Mjolnir and launch attacks--all this would use up mucho oan energy--would there still be enough to amp Hal to stay the course going h2h with Thor? Or will Thor tire first?

I am inclined to give the god his due.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

I prolly would have chosen Hal... wink
Originally posted by abhilegend
For surfer?

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971862_3568bf07.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971863_c9e066de.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971864_476cfc32.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971865_70bff788.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971866_cd9d73c7.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971867_f3f32f19.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971868_ec6b4794.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15971869_02d299b1.jpg

That's ZH parallax btw.
Shits on anything Thor has done.

quanchi112
Shits on anything Thor has done. No, it doesn't.

JakeTheBank
Shits on anything Thor has done.

erm

ZH Parallax being staggered and briefly stalemated by a younger Hal Jordan whom he didn't want to kill is more along the lines of a horrible low showing for Parallax than it is a feat that "shits on anything Thor has done".

Golgo13
erm

ZH Parallax being staggered and briefly stalemated by a younger Hal Jordan whom he didn't want to kill is more along the lines of a horrible low showing for Parallax than it is a feat that "shits on anything Thor has done".

Do you know what comic that is from?

JakeTheBank
Do you know what comic that is from?

It's from Green Lantern 106.

Golgo13
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Galan007
erm

ZH Parallax being staggered and briefly stalemated by a younger Hal Jordan whom he didn't want to kill is more along the lines of a horrible low showing for Parallax than it is a feat that "shits on anything Thor has done". thumb up

JakeTheBank
It was painfully obvious that if Parallax wanted his younger self dead (which would be counter productive) he could have done so. He wanted Hal to willingly join him and come around to his line of thinking and was grossly holding back his power. Sure, it's a feat for Hal, blowing it out of proportion doesn't make sense.

You're better off using his recent feats under Johns to justify him "shitting all over anything Thor has ever done" than this feat. And of course, ignoring his average and lower end feats as well as Thor's feats as a whole in addition to how his powerset meshes against Hal's.

abhilegend
erm

You don't have to sugarcoat it jake. Thor's feats can be dismissed like that too as low showings for celestials/zeus/whatever.

Dampyre
Thor wins. Hal Jordan isn't a match for any of the top 3 heralds, IMO.

JakeTheBank
You don't have to sugarcoat it jake. Thor's feats can be dismissed like that too as low showings for celestials/zeus/whatever.

Sugar coating? Are you serious here?

Thor fighting beings out his tier is one thing (and yes, a lot of those have context). A vastly more powerful and experienced version of Hal Jordan holding back a great deal of his power and as such being staggered and very briefly stalemated by a younger, less powerful, and less experienced version of himself is something else entirely.

Trying to act like that "feat" shits on everything Thor has ever done is ridiculous and completely untrue.

abhilegend
Sugar coating? Are you serious here?

Thor fighting beings out his tier is one thing (and yes, a lot of those have context). A vastly more powerful and experienced version of Hal Jordan holding back a great deal of his power and as such being staggered and very briefly stalemated by a younger, less powerful, and less experienced version of himself is something else entirely.

Trying to act like that "feat" shits on everything Thor has ever done is ridiculous and completely untrue.
Yes, I'm serious.

Parallax was trying to remove hal from the timeline. Was he holding back? Yes. That doesn't mean hurting him and stalemating him isn't a monster feat. Show me Thor being more than an insect to a universal level abstract even if he's holding back and then I would consider your stance. As it is hal stalemating ZH Parallax shits on anything Thor has done.

JakeTheBank
Yes, I'm serious.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/PissedJim.gif

Parallax was trying to remove hal from the timeline. Was he holding back? Yes. That doesn't mean hurting him and stalemating him isn't a monster feat. Show me Thor being more than an insect to a universal level abstract even if he's holding back and then I would consider your stance. As it is hal stalemating ZH Parallax shits on anything Thor has done.

What? My God, Abhi, I know you get horrendously agitated - to say the least - when someone lowballs a DC character, but turning around and using a non-feat for ZH Parallax while simultaneously lowballing the phuck out of Thor doesn't do you any credit. It's like clockwork, honestly.

ZH Parallax was trying to convince Hal to agree with him and was his primary motivation, a hell of a lot more so than removing Hal from the timeline. Parallax was trying to appeal to Hal, to get a moral victory more so than just be rid of him - which he could have done so at any time by using more of his power.

Further more, acting like that feat or any of Hal's other high end feats put him outside of Thor's range, let alone make him beyond Mjolnir's means to basically nullify Hal's entire means of waging combat, is phucking insane.

So, really, if you're just mad at people not respecting Hal as much as you'd like or are just trolling, okay. But if you're legitimately thinking that a stronger, more experienced version of Hal massively handicapping himself against a weaker and less experienced version of himself translates into Hal Jordan >>> Thor, I don't even know what to say to that.

"Id"
JakeTheBank.

abhilegend.

Thats post Zero Hour Parallax. Remember in Crisis on Infinite Time, Hal exhausted much of the energy from the Central Battery. Though powerful in his own right, he was hardly operating 100%.

Despite his being weaker, thats still an impressive showing for Young Hal.

JakeTheBank
JakeTheBank.

abhilegend.

Thats post Zero Hour Parallax. Remember in Crisis on Infinite Time, Hal exhausted much of the energy from the Central Battery. Though powerful in his own right, he was hardly operating 100%.

Despite his being weaker, thats still an impressive showing for Young Hal.

Ah, okay. Said fight makes a hell of a lot more sense if true. I'll have to look into it.

It's an impressive feat for Hal, but acting like it's so far beyond anything Thor ever did is phucking whack, no?

"Id"
Now wait. Thats Zero Hour Parallax.

My bad.

Carry on.

JakeTheBank
Even if it is Zero Hour Parallax with all the power of the Central Battery + Entropic energies, it's abundantly clear he's fighting down to Hal's level to prove a point. At any time, he could have dismissed his younger and less powerful self, but he kept screaming about why he was justified in everything he did. He also didn't expect his younger self to be so vehemently opposed to his actions or even know everything that transpired (his shock over young Hal knowing about Ollie's death).

If ZH Parallax showed up and fought Thor with the same conviction as he was trying to fight Hal, I have no doubt at all - and neither should anyone else - that Thor would be able to stagger him and effect him with his physical blows, let alone some of his more powerful energy/lightning attacks. Unless you think rookie Hal was at that time a universal+ being and/or ZH Parallax wasn't holding back a great deal of power and exercising restraint.

Which is...lol

abhilegend

What? My God, Abhi, I know you get horrendously agitated - to say the least - when someone lowballs a DC character, but turning around and using a non-feat for ZH Parallax while simultaneously lowballing the phuck out of Thor doesn't do you any credit. I'm not lowballing thor. You're lowballing hal though. Pot, Kettle and all that shit.

Honestly, have you read the comic? Read the comic again, Parallax was trying to remove hal from the timeline since he didn't belong there. That was the sole reason he stopped at that time when he was returning from vanishing point after killing time-trapper.

Prove mjolnir can absorb emotional spectrum energies let alone overpower hal's own willpower at controlling his energies.

I'm not mad at all. Quit putting words in my mouth. Give a comparable thor showing or shut up. I'm not willing to play your word games here.

JakeTheBank
I'm not lowballing thor. You're lowballing hal though. Pot, Kettle and all that shit.

Honestly, have you read the comic? Read the comic again, Parallax was trying to remove hal from the timeline since he didn't belong there. That was the sole reason he stopped at that time when he was returning from vanishing point after killing time-trapper.

Prove mjolnir can absorb emotional spectrum energies let alone overpower hal's own willpower at controlling his energies.

I'm not mad at all. Quit putting words in my mouth. Give a comparable thor showing or shut up. I'm not willing to play your word games here.

How the phuck am I lowballing Hal? By saying his high end feats don't translate into him suddenly becoming a trans-tier and up being? By saying his high end feats don't suddenly make him >>> other high heralds with equally high end feats, let alone powersets that are just bad match ups for him?

He wanted to remove Hal from the timeline, but he was way more concerned with convincing Hal that he was in the right. It's in the panels you posted. He was trying to convince Hal - and himself - that everything he did and planned on doing was for the good of the universe. Hal didn't buy it. Parallax being shocked that his younger self was in the present and disgusted by his actions doesn't make younger Hal equal to Parallax in power. That's stupid beyond belief. Either you think young Hal was = ZH Parallax and as such a universal being or you believe ZH Parallax was holding back an absurd amount of energy and exercising restraint so that he wouldn't kill himself. I mean, shit, Hal hurt Parallax by grabbing his cape and swinging him into a pillar. WTF?

Prove Mjolnir can absorb energy? Are you out of your mind? Mjolnir's energy absorbing feats and their success rate speak for themselves, as have the other devices and beings that have absorbed Lantern energy. Arguing that Thor can't absorb the energy from a power ring is lowballing. The source of said energy being apart of the electromagnetic emotional spectrum doesn't make it "special" energy that Mjolnir can't absorb.

So you're trolling, then? Okay. Because the alternative is that you're serious in thinking Hal is so far beyond Thor which is one of the most absurd claims made on KMC yet. You want a showing of Thor hurting a vastly more powerful character fighting down to his level? Do they have to be more durable than ZH Parallax was in that fight?

quanchi112
Yes, I'm serious.

Parallax was trying to remove hal from the timeline. Was he holding back? Yes. That doesn't mean hurting him and stalemating him isn't a monster feat. Show me Thor being more than an insect to a universal level abstract even if he's holding back and then I would consider your stance. As it is hal stalemating ZH Parallax shits on anything Thor has done. laughing out loud

abhilegend
How the phuck am I lowballing Hal? Nitpicking and applying context where no such thing exists. Nobody is saying that. Hal's high end feats are superior to Thor's high end feats though.

Means nothing. Hal stalemating, how briefly ZH Parallax in a contest of power is beyond Thor. You can nitpick it however you want.

Emotional spectrum. Devices specifically designed to absorb emotional spectrum energies makes mjolnir as able to absorb GL energies as a random power pack member draining mjolnir entirely makes GL ring absorbing its energies. It isn't. GL energy isn't part of EM spectrum.

Good thing is I made no such claim. Thor stalemating someone at that level in direct contest of power.

quanchi112
JakeTheBank.

abhilegend.

Despite his being weaker, thats still an impressive showing for Young Hal. Thanks for bringing the truth to light. Of course that detail was omitted.

"Id"
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanks for bringing the truth to light. Of course that detail was omitted.

Yeah, about that.
Now wait. Thats Zero Hour Parallax.

My bad.

Carry on.

JakeTheBank
Nitpicking and applying context where no such thing exists. Nobody is saying that. Hal's high end feats are superior to Thor's high end feats though.

Means nothing. Hal stalemating, how briefly ZH Parallax in a contest of power is beyond Thor. You can nitpick it however you want.

Emotional spectrum. Devices specifically designed to absorb emotional spectrum energies makes mjolnir as able to absorb GL energies as a random power pack member draining mjolnir entirely makes GL ring absorbing its energies. It isn't. GL energy isn't part of EM spectrum.

Good thing is I made no such claim. Thor stalemating someone at that level in direct contest of power.

Such as what? Would you rather we just said "phuck context!"? Because that would get us nowhere. And you're deluded if you don't think there's a crapload of context to Hal "stalemating" ZH Parallax. Hal's high end feats aren't superior to Thor's, especially when Thor has a weapon that basically counters pretty much everything Hal can do offensively and defensively.

So Parallax fighting down to Hal's level, trying to convince him that he's not off his rocker and that he's the best thing for the universe means nothing? Yeah, no, that's part of the context you want to ignore in order to get to the conclusion that a time displaced young Hal Jordan is equal in power to ZH Parallax...which is so utterly asinine I'm still not convinced you're not just messing with people here. If ZH Parallax fought Thor with the same intent and conviction he fought Hal - trying to talk reason into him and get him to see how right he is - Thor would easily be able to cause him as much pain and discomfort that Hal did. Getting slammed into boulders and cars and cement pillars is well within Thor's ability to do to Parallax.

So Green Lantern energy, provided by willpower, isn't a part of the electromagnetic emotional spectrum? What? So you think a Manhunter's skull is more effective at energy absorbing than Mjolnir is just because it's designed to siphon energy from a power ring...even though Mjolnir's contained far larger amounts of energy? That's insane. Thor's absorbed everything from high end sorcery to radiation to electromagnetic energy to energy from the Phoenix Force to the Power Cosmic but a power ring is beyond him? Why? Give me one good reason a power ring is beyond Mjolnir's capabilities to absorb outside of it being emotional energy.

Okay. Thor's hurt vastly more durable beings than that which ZH Parallax shown in that fight, some of which displayed greater power output than what he also showed in that fight. Unless you want to ignore the specifics of that actual fight and instead reverse project ZH Parallax's full powered feats instead of focusing on the fact he was using anything but his full power against Hal.

Seriously, do you think Thor grabbing Parallax by his cape and swinging him into a pillar is beyond his means to do? Or that Parallax wouldn't feel it? Do you think Thor couldn't send a surprised Parallax crashing into a car or rubble?

C'mon.

quanchi112
Yeah, about that. I already said thank you.

abhilegend
That was full power parallax just after killing Time Trapper.

JakeTheBank
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15971869/02d299b1.jpg.html

Here, Hal clearly hurt or at the very least discomforted ZH Parallax by swinging him by his cape into a building pillar. I see no constructs there or anything to suggest Hal's strength had been amplified beyond his baseline human strength, nor do I see anything suggesting Parallax amped his durability. And if he did...well, it wasn't enough to stop him from clearly feeling the impact of that blow.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15971867/f3f32f19.jpg.html

Here, once Parallax let his guard down, in shock that his younger self could know about Ollie's death, he's hit with enough force to send him flying into a car, which also caused him pain or discomfort.

Do you really think Thor can't replicate the same things if put in the exact same position as Hal? He's certainly hurt people a helluva lot more durable than what Parallax showed here. And if Parallax was handicapping himself and more concerned with justifying his actions to Thor than trying to blink him away from existence, there's nothing from the world of comics - either GL books or Thor ones - to argue against him effecting Parallax as well as Hal did.

abhilegend
Such as what? What? Bring all the context. You think just because Thor has mjolnir, hal can't do anything to him? Since when is somebody's high end feats are invalid just because someone else has a counter for their attacks? That's like saying Thor's best feats don't matter to superman since he's so much faster that none of thor's attacks would hit him.

Bring proof of this theory of yours that Parallax was fighting down to hal's level. I can say that about everyone of thor's feats like the celestials were firing blasts on thor's level. Seriously get over yourself, your word isn't law. Hypothetical scenarios aside, I can say that about everything thor did too. If hal was in place of thor he can do everything thor did. See how that works.

Emotional spectrum, yes. EM spectrum, no. That's like since superman absorbed the anti-sun, he's better at manhunters in absorbing the power ring. Different applications. They all exist within the EM spectrum. GL ring don't. Hal's willpower and control of his energies.

Name those beings. Say what? That was full power parallax. You are making no sense here.

He can do that. Stalemate him in a contest of power? Phuck no.

C'mon yourself. Wall of text ftw.

Odekahn
You are both making understandable points and I'm really enjoying reading this. I hope this discussion continues.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Odekahn
You are both making understandable points and I'm really enjoying reading this. I hope this discussion continues.
That's what happens when we argue.

uhuh

JakeTheBank
What?

Lol.

Bring all the context.

The context to Hal and ZH Parallax is abundantly clear given the dialogue. I know you may want to throw that out and ignore it so that it appears as if a time displaced weaker Hal Jordan somehow is equal to him as a fully powered ZH Parallax (WTF), but that's not how it works.

You think just because Thor has mjolnir, hal can't do anything to him? Since when is somebody's high end feats are invalid just because someone else has a counter for their attacks? That's like saying Thor's best feats don't matter to superman since he's so much faster that none of thor's attacks would hit him.

Where did I say that Mjolnir means Hal can't do anything to him? Hal can and would put up a fight, but Mjolnir is such an advantageous weapon to have against someone like a Green Lantern, whose powers come from a finite charge. Superman also has jack-all to do with this. facepalm Thor has incredible energy absorbing/redirecting/blocking feats. It's a no brainer that it gives him an edge against a character whose primary form of offense comes from energy blasts and weapons made of pure energy.

Bring proof of this theory of yours that Parallax was fighting down to hal's level. I can say that about everyone of thor's feats like the celestials were firing blasts on thor's level. Seriously get over yourself, your word isn't law.

You want proof that ZH Parallax was fighting down to Hal's level? Uh, how about the fact that he specifically said he wasn't trying to kill him for one as well as the fact that he didn't trash Hal six ways from Sunday with the ease he should have? Either ZH Parallax was a universal power greatly withholding his power against Hal, or Hal was a universal power and on par with an older and more powerful version of himself. One of these is beyond stupid to even consider being a possibility. Parallax himself even said it's not about "willpower" but just "power", power which Hal had nearly infinite supply of. As far as the Celestials go, there were on panel trying to down Thor with swift and merciless attacks, not trying to convince Thor that they were the good guys. And they displayed durability beyond that of ZH Parallax in that story as well. I never said my word was law, either. erm

Hypothetical scenarios aside, I can say that about everything thor did too. If hal was in place of thor he can do everything thor did. See how that works.

What? I actually provided reasoning for my stance, not just "anything Hal can do, Thor can do as well". Thor's physically far stronger than Hal Jordan is. Why can't he grab Parallax's cape and toss him into a pillar with at least just as much force? Why can't Thor stun and hurt a shocked Parallax when he drops his guard with a Mjolnir throw? The fact you're refusing to answer this speaks volumes.

Emotional spectrum, yes. EM spectrum, no.

It's been referred to as the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. Regardless, there's nothing "special" about it that makes it unable to be manipulated or absorbed by Mjolnir, not when compared to everything else Mjolnir's effected.

That's like since superman absorbed the anti-sun, he's better at manhunters in absorbing the power ring. Different applications.

Christ, again with Superman. I get it. We all get it: You like Superman. But Superman doesn't have a storied history of regularly absorbing energy that's not sunlight or a derivative of it on the fly like Mjolnir has.

They all exist within the EM spectrum. GL ring don't.

So Thor's storied history of absorbing everything from natural energy to cosmic energy to magic to the primal life force energy of the Phoenix and everything in between doesn't begin to paint the picture that Mjolnir, by its history, can absorb GL energy? There's way more evidence, overwhelmingly so, to suggest that Thor can absorb almost any kind of energy than there is against it.

Hal's willpower and control of his energies.

Heralds of Galactus have a great sense of control over their energy. Hasn't stopped Mjolnir from absorbing it. So do a lot of the other beings Thor's absorbed energy from. The answer "Hal's will" isn't an answer.

Name those beings.

Thor's hurt herald beings who are more physically durable than what ZH Parallax showed. erm Also, Thor's damaged those Celestials you brought up.

Say what? That was full power parallax. You are making no sense here.

Full Power Parallax not using said full power or anything close to it against Hal Jordan. What am I missing here?

He can do that. Stalemate him in a contest of power? Phuck no.

That stalemate lasted for seconds and was interrupted by an outside force. The only thing Hal "stalemated" was Parallax' will - assuming the dialogue is to be accepted at face value. But Parallax himself boasted it wasn't about willpower, but rather just power itself, of which he was a great deal of. How does that make this feat > anything Thor's ever done? The fact you admitted Thor can perform those things just proves my point. But what do you want? Thor to "stalemate" someone in a test of power not using his full power against him before said "stalemate" is interrupted from an outside force?

C'mon yourself. Wall of text ftw.

no expression

abhilegend
Lol.no expression

It isn't. You have zero proof of Parallax holding back just because he was talking to hal. Like I said your word isn't law.

You said mjolnir can counter anything hal can do. Leaves hal with nothing. Energy beings have never beaten thor, right? More like send mjolnir to the other side of the universe and blast the shit out of thor. Why not? Your argument is that Thor has absorbed insane amount of energy, well superman has too. Thor doesn't have any feats to suggest he can absorb emotional spectrum. People who have manipulated energies outside EM spectrum like Dr. Light have been unable to manipulate it. I don't see why Thor is an exception.

Yes. Characters don't start bloodlusted. That's why its an high end feat. That's like saying Thor surviving celestials is invalid since they should've killed him instantly. Double standards ftw. So one is valid and other is not. Nice of you being a hypocrite like rest of your thorbags kin. You can nitpick it till you are blue in the face. Either accept Thor surviving attacks from celestials when they slag odin destroyer is stupid too or accept that you're a hypocrite thorbag.

I said he can do that. Read carefully next time.

So your favorite "Thor's history proves it" tactic, eh? Not impressed jake. Try again.

Superman absorbed a whole sun which was negating his powers. Mjolnir's best feat is what, absorbing null bomb which was just enough to ignite a sun? Pretty comparable if you ask me.

Dr. Light has absorbed and manipulated natural energy, magical energy, cosmic energy and all that shit. He was still unable to manipulate GL energy. So no. No limit fallacy ftw.

From their bodies? Give me one example. Absorbing blasts doesn't mean shit. Yes it is.

ZH parallax isn't bound by that showing alone. They are below ZH parallax.

Again with this shit? Quit shoving your opinion as proof already. Your common sense.

Show me anything comparable from thor. Thor can slam Parallax in a pillar. Happy? Blah, blah, blah. Show a proof already. I'm tired of your bullshit already. Next time you write a wall of text, I'm ignoring it completely. Hal sends mjolnir to the other side of the universe and uses a krona buster. Thor loses. Get it?

My thoughts exactly seeing your bullshit.

JakeTheBank
So to sum things up:

- You think that ZH Parallax wasn't holding back against Hal...in spite of the fact that he clearly said he wasn't trying to kill him and was very clearly trying to convince him that he was right in his actions to try and rewrite the universe.

- Don't believe Mjolnir offers Thor a significant advantage against Hal and also believe he can send Mjolnir to the other end of the universe and just Krona Buster him without much effort.

- Insist on bringing up Superman because...well, I'm still trying to figure that one out outside of you just really liking the guy.

- Compare Dr. Light to Mjolnir and somehow think Thor's track record of manipulating various kinds of energies regardless of their source isn't enough evidence to suggest that he'd be able to do the same to a power ring.

- You compare ZH Parallax NOT trying to kill Hal to the Celestials attacking Thor without mercy and then get compare the two as being the exact same sort of thing...even though the Celestials never tried to appeal to Thor's better nature and wanted him dispatched easily. The Celestials were also portrayed on a higher level in that issue than ZH Parallax...who was getting hurt by pillars, rubble, and cars.

- Admit you're not impressed by Thor's history...even though the evidence is abundantly in his favor of being able to manipulate/absorb energy regardless of the source.

- Again, for whatever reason outside of you having an apparent fixation for the guy, bring up Superman and somehow compare him to Mjolnir's absorbing capabilities like they're even on the same page the vast majority of the time.

- Think that ZH Parallax was displaying power in his fight with Hal beyond what the Celestials displayed when they attacked Thor.

And have the ever pleasant same old Abhitude that constantly gets mods involved because you're being a prick all the while, personally attacking people who disagree with your "interpretation" of events or call you out on them and then haughtily responding with "I'm gonna ignore your bullshit" while spouting some highly implausible scenario of how you see things going because your jimmies are rustled.

It's a sad and pathetic cycle. And it doesn't fool anyone. *cue "stop appealing to the masses"/"general consensus doesn't mean shit because I'm always right" retort*

I'm honestly surprised you've not been banned. Probably because when you're not being a hyper aggressive and defensive zealot, you have the potential to make sense. But once someone says something you don't like, it's basically OWAW Abhi time, complete with hissy fits, personal attacks, lowballing, and trolling.

By all means, though, proceed. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, etc.

abhilegend
So to sum things up:

- You think that ZH Parallax wasn't holding back against Hal...in spite of the fact that he clearly said he wasn't trying to kill him and was very clearly trying to convince him that he was right in his actions to try and rewrite the universe. Never said that.

He can certainly send mjolnir to the other side of the universe. He's done that to his power battery countless times.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15977801_GLCv305009-010.jpg

Because he's relevant to the discussion.

Comparing two energy manipulators isn't outside the realm of possibility. Don't throw a hissy fit at your precious thor being compared to anybody short of galactus.

I compare ZH Parallax battling hal to thor being an insect to celestials. And now you're straight up lowballing as if ZH parallax is confined to his GL 106 showings.

Never said that either.

At their highest, they both absorbed a sun. I know your Thor is a universal entity but don't start whining at anybody having the edge on him.

And now posting your own interpretation as proof yet again.

I haven't attacked you a single time here. Calling your bullshit, well a bullshit isn't attacking you. Typical Jake, typical. Don't start to ***** now.

Ah, the ole' "majority consensus". You are so predictable.

Quit backseat modding. You are the one trolling and lowballing here jake. Quit acting like you're a saint or something and not a raging thorbag who throws a hissy fit everytime somebody posts against his precious thor.

Jake's being jake and a thorbag. All is well.

Bentley
Originally posted by Dampyre
Thor wins. Hal Jordan isn't a match for any of the top 3 heralds, IMO.

Good that he isn't fighting Kyle, Superman and Wally then.

Hal ftw.

quanchi112
So to sum things up:

- You think that ZH Parallax wasn't holding back against Hal...in spite of the fact that he clearly said he wasn't trying to kill him and was very clearly trying to convince him that he was right in his actions to try and rewrite the universe.

- Don't believe Mjolnir offers Thor a significant advantage against Hal and also believe he can send Mjolnir to the other end of the universe and just Krona Buster him without much effort.

- Insist on bringing up Superman because...well, I'm still trying to figure that one out outside of you just really liking the guy.

- Compare Dr. Light to Mjolnir and somehow think Thor's track record of manipulating various kinds of energies regardless of their source isn't enough evidence to suggest that he'd be able to do the same to a power ring.

- You compare ZH Parallax NOT trying to kill Hal to the Celestials attacking Thor without mercy and then get compare the two as being the exact same sort of thing...even though the Celestials never tried to appeal to Thor's better nature and wanted him dispatched easily. The Celestials were also portrayed on a higher level in that issue than ZH Parallax...who was getting hurt by pillars, rubble, and cars.

- Admit you're not impressed by Thor's history...even though the evidence is abundantly in his favor of being able to manipulate/absorb energy regardless of the source.

- Again, for whatever reason outside of you having an apparent fixation for the guy, bring up Superman and somehow compare him to Mjolnir's absorbing capabilities like they're even on the same page the vast majority of the time.

- Think that ZH Parallax was displaying power in his fight with Hal beyond what the Celestials displayed when they attacked Thor.

And have the ever pleasant same old Abhitude that constantly gets mods involved because you're being a prick all the while, personally attacking people who disagree with your "interpretation" of events or call you out on them and then haughtily responding with "I'm gonna ignore your bullshit" while spouting some highly implausible scenario of how you see things going because your jimmies are rustled.

It's a sad and pathetic cycle. And it doesn't fool anyone. *cue "stop appealing to the masses"/"general consensus doesn't mean shit because I'm always right" retort*

I'm honestly surprised you've not been banned. Probably because when you're not being a hyper aggressive and defensive zealot, you have the potential to make sense. But once someone says something you don't like, it's basically OWAW Abhi time, complete with hissy fits, personal attacks, lowballing, and trolling.

By all means, though, proceed. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, etc. thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by curryman
This is one of the more favourable matchups for Thor in the high-herald category. Even so, I don't think it's a landslide or anything, but he is in the majority.

i can get with this. thumb up

hal puts up a hellafight and def takes some, but this is sort of in thor's wheelhouse.

JakeTheBank
Never said that.

The phuck? You just said there's no proof of Parallax holding back.

It isn't. You have zero proof of Parallax holding back just because he was talking to hal. Like I said your word isn't law.

Again with this shit? Quit shoving your opinion as proof already. Your common sense.

So what is it? Was ZH Parallax holding back or wasn't he? Pretty sure him saying "I'm not going to kill you" and clearly fighting down to his younger self's level is the very definition of holding back. Unless you think Hal was a universal force during that very brief struggle. Which is it?

He can certainly send mjolnir to the other side of the universe. He's done that to his power battery countless times.

no expression So you're equating Hal being able to put his power battery in a pocket dimension or summon it across the universe to him being able to easily do the same to Mjolnir without Thor having any say in it? WTF. Never mind the fact that Mjolnir can cleave dimensions to return to Thor nor fly at speeds far faster at light to do so or the fact that Thor can teleport pretty much any and everywhere. This is a horribly thought out strategy when Hal's far better off using beams, blasts, and constructs.

Because he's relevant to the discussion.

How the PHUCK is Superman relevant to this convo? Seriously? What does Superman have to do with either Hal Jordan or Thor? Nothing. You're not even bringing in feats of Hal's against Superman which would be somewhat relevant, just going off on a tangent about how Superman's awesome. It's ridiculous, man. erm

Comparing two energy manipulators isn't outside the realm of possibility. Don't throw a hissy fit at your precious thor being compared to anybody short of galactus.

Dr. Light isn't Thor with Mjolnir. So projecting Light's failings onto Thor gets you nowhere, but at least he's somewhat more relevant to the conversation than phucking Superman. And for that record, wtf does Galactus have to do with this? I swear, I'm tired of your straw man and reverse projecting BS, Abhi. If you can't debate without doing either, kindly cease and desist.

And now you're straight up lowballing as if ZH parallax is confined to his GL 106 showings.

How I am lowballing ZH Parallax by using THE VERY COMIC YOU'VE POSTED AS A FEAT? In that very same comic, Parallax wasn't portrayed as anywhere near close to his peak levels. In that comic, Hal was able to shock Parallax and stagger him more than once. He also briefly matched ZH Parallax's willpower, not his actual power level. Great for Hal. But don't act like ZH Parallax was using universal power and as such, so too was Hal. In the case of the Celestials, in Thor 300, they actually obliterated Odin in the Destroyer Armor and were consistently shown to be beyond Thor, save the very brief moments he was able to topple them and throw the Odinsword through them. And in that same comic, the Celestials displayed durability greater than what Parallax did. Obviously, if we use their entire feats, ZH Parallax is way more impressive, but in that specific fight YOU posted, ZH Parallax wasn't anywhere close to being shown at his higher levels. The distinction isn't hard to make.

Never said that either.

Again with lying? The posts are right there for you, me, and anyone else to see. facepalm

So your favorite "Thor's history proves it" tactic, eh? Not impressed jake. Try again.

That's two so far, hopefully I don't find another by the end of this post.

At their highest, they both absorbed a sun. I know your Thor is a universal entity but don't start whining at anybody having the edge on him.

no expression My God. You really can't do it, can you? You really can't have a debate without somehow, someway, impossibly worming Superman in it (to say nothing of doing so without going off and resorting to lying/flaming/trolling, etc.) It would help to take you more seriously if you didn't spend your every waking moment trying to promote the S Shield and rabidly attacking everyone who doesn't agree with your stances or think as highly of Superman as you. Not sure how Superman's absorption feats, which are way more sporadic and not as consistent as Mjolnir's makes any sense for this conversation. And when did I say Thor's a universal entity? Seriously, knock it off with this shit.

And now posting your own interpretation as proof yet again.

My own interpretation? Wut? ZH Parallax in GL 106 looked inferior to the Celestials of Thor 300. Considering those are the specific issues that you brought up, I don't see why you should get upset when comparisons are ultimately made. The funny thing is that Hal actually has better feats than briefly "stalemating" ZH Parallax as you claim (and as such claim it as shitting on everything Thor's ever done). I'm not even opposed to Hal winning this, but your rather warped and skewed views on the matter leave much to be desired.

I haven't attacked you a single time here. Calling your bullshit, well a bullshit isn't attacking you. Typical Jake, typical. Don't start to ***** now.

You haven't attacked me a single time here? El oh El.

Nice of you being a hypocrite like rest of your thorbags kin

you're a hypocrite thorbag.

Funny because not only do you attack me, you decided to bait/troll Thor fans as well. Do you not think that people can read this or something? Dude, you even attack me in the very same post you put up saying you're not attacking me.

Jake's being jake and a thorbag

Now, I'm a big boy and I can more than handle internet trolls, but I find it both amusing and disappointed you can't even begin to hold a debate without this happening. The longer the debate goes and the more desperate you get, the more agitated you get which in turn leads into the classic baiting/trolling/flaming spiel.

Ah, the ole' "majority consensus". You are so predictable.

....And on cue, the "majority consensus" retort...just as foreshadowed in the post you quoted, but I'm the predictable one even though your response was EXACTLY WHAT I SAID IT WOULD BE? erm Because nobody else's opinion on KMC matters, amirite? People can choose for themselves whose right or wrong. Me inviting them to do so really seems to grind your gears.

You are the one trolling and lowballing here jake. Quit acting like you're a saint or something and not a raging thorbag who throws a hissy fit everytime somebody posts against his precious thor.

How exactly am I trolling or lowballing? I didn't call you a hypocritical raging Kal-Queda member nor did I bash Superman fans. I didn't post a dubiously interpreted feat as evidence as to why Thor "shits all over everything Hal ever did". Nor do I use wildly implausible or high end feats to justify Thor winning against Hal. And I certainly haven't just randomly brought in someone off topic like Dr. Doom and ranted about how awesome he is. But somehow, I'm the troll here. I'm the one resorting to attacks and flaming. lol wat. Never once did I say I was a saint nor that I'm above anyone here or don't make mistakes. Christ.

Jake's being jake and a thorbag. All is well.

What are you?

abhilegend
Pass. Wall of text ftw. Lets leave before this gets too far. Ok?

Zack Fair
Aww...its over?

http://www.stutte.com/etc/bailout2.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Aww...its over?

http://www.stutte.com/etc/bailout2.gif Jake won.

Galan007
Jake said:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

Bentley
Jake won.

According to your terms, Abhi stalemated Jake biscuits

Damborgson
Why does it matter if GL sends Mjolnir to the other side of the universe? Thor can teleport it to his hand if he has to.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Why does it matter if GL sends Mjolnir to the other side of the universe? Thor can teleport it to his hand if he has to.
Feats of thor teleporting mjolnir from other side of the universe?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Forget the other side of the Universe, Mjolnir recently traversed to Atum's dimension, and Thor wasn't even explicitly calling it. Mjolnir is one of those tools that quite frankly has no limits when it comes to teleportation, when used it can break barriers to pretty much anywhere. Like recently highlighted in the Hulk issue, the entire Space/Time continuum is open to it.

Damborgson
Dammit Rage you be stealing my thunder.

Yeah, Thor has teleported it from dimension to dimension before. Once even in battle to get it away from Loki.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Forget the other side of the Universe, Mjolnir recently traversed to Atum's dimension, and Thor wasn't even explicitly calling it. Mjolnir is one of those tools that quite frankly has no limits when it comes to teleportation, when used it can break barriers to pretty much anywhere. Like recently highlighted in the Hulk issue, the entire Space/Time continuum is open to it.
It still took time to do that. Travelling to another dimension and travelling from the end of the universe are two different things. IIRC it took a minute for mjolnir to return from the end of galaxy.Originally posted by Damborgson
Dammit Rage you be stealing my thunder.

Yeah, Thor has teleported it from dimension to dimension before. Once even in battle to get it away from Loki.
Travelling through dimension is one thing, returning from the end of the universe is another.

quanchi112
It still took time to do that. Travelling to another dimension and travelling from the end of the universe are two different things. IIRC it took a minute for mjolnir to return from the end of galaxy.
Travelling through dimension is one thing, returning from the end of the universe is another. Teleportation is teleportation.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
According to your terms, Abhi stalemated Jake biscuits No, since abhi didn't respond to jakes very thorough response ie. Jake won the exchange.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It still took time to do that. Travelling to another dimension and travelling from the end of the universe are two different things. IIRC it took a minute for mjolnir to return from the end of galaxy.

A few seconds I'd guess. But it flew a great distance (Surfer had trouble keeping up) then broke through to Atum's dimension, as I said, Thor didn't explicitly summon it, he just felt Mjolnir's calling.

Yes it did take Mjolnir about 60 seconds, but then again, it flew that distance and again Thor didn't call it, was simply it's return enchantment.

Why is Mjolnir traveling across distant dimensions easily much different from traversing space?

Useless semantics but okay whatever, Thor teleported from Earth to the Sh'iar Empire to the Galactus black hole back to back easily so clearly sheer distance isn't a problem.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scene I'm talking about.

Surfer comments on Mjolnir's velocity as it speeds away from Earth, then it crosses to an alternate plane of existence that even he can't reach:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3900/mightythor10thegroupmeg.th.jpghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3900/mightythor10thegroupmeg.th.jpghttp://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3900/mightythor10thegroupmeg.th.jpg

"So fast---"

"Impossible"

abhilegend
A few seconds I'd guess. But it flew a great distance (Surfer had trouble keeping up) then broke through to Atum's dimension, as I said, Thor didn't explicitly summon it, he just felt Mjolnir's calling.

Yes it did take Mjolnir about 60 seconds, but then again, it flew that distance and again Thor didn't call it, was simply it's return enchantment.

Why is Mjolnir traveling across distant dimensions easily much different from traversing space?

Useless semantics but okay whatever, Thor teleported from Earth to the Sh'iar Empire to the Galactus black hole back to back easily so clearly sheer distance isn't a problem.
It would still take time for mjolnir to return which Thor wouldn't have here.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Scene I'm talking about.
Surfer is only near lightspeed in normal space. That doesn't impress me.

Damborgson

Travelling through dimension is one thing, returning from the end of the universe is another.

Not really. Mjolnir penetrates not only the boundaries of space, but time also. If it can be reached, Mjolnir is there. And frankly I don't see how distance has anything to do with the connection that Mjolnir has to Thor. It can return from other universes, let alone the same one.

quanchi112
Not really. Mjolnir penetrates not only the boundaries of space, but time also. If it can be reached, Mjolnir is there. And frankly I don't see how distance has anything to do with the connection that Mjolnir has to Thor. It can return from other universes, let alone the same one. Thor clearly has the capabilities to do so. Been proven.

abhilegend
Not really. Mjolnir penetrates not only the boundaries of space, but time also. If it can be reached, Mjolnir is there. And frankly I don't see how distance has anything to do with the connection that Mjolnir has to Thor. It can return from other universes, let alone the same one.
Give a proof then.

quanchi112
Give a proof then. You really need proof he can teleport with his hammer ? Lol.

Damborgson
Give a proof then.

For Thor teleporting his hammer through dimensions? Been there done that?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It would still take time for mjolnir to return which Thor wouldn't have here.

Proof of that? Sure it would take time if Mjolnir flew back to Thor, but we've seen that Thor can directly teleport Mjolnir to his hand so I don't see how it would matter.

Surfer is only near lightspeed in normal space. That doesn't impress me.

I honestly could not care less if you are impressed or not. This was not posted for your benefit.

abhilegend
For Thor teleporting his hammer through dimensions? Been there done that?
From the end of the universe.

quanchi112
From the end of the universe. He doesn't need to disprove your claim. You need to prove distance is a problem for Thors teleportation.

abhilegend
Proof of that? Sure it would take time if Mjolnir flew back to Thor, but we've seen that Thor can directly teleport Mjolnir to his hand so I don't see how it would matter. I would like to see the farthest distance mjolnir has teleported to reach Thor. No limit fallacy ftw otherwise.

Ok. Doesn't changes a single thing.

Damborgson
From the end of the universe.

It travels from other universes lol. There's no specific end of universe Mjolnir return, only other universe teleportation return. What more do you need other than to accept it?

quanchi112
I would like to see the farthest distance mjolnir has teleported to reach Thor. No limit fallacy ftw otherwise.

Ok. Doesn't changes a single thing. Its your claim you need to prove it. Teleportation is teleportation.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would like to see the farthest distance mjolnir has teleported to reach Thor. No limit fallacy ftw otherwise

Ok. Doesn't changes a single thing.

The farthest measurable number given for Mjolnir's teleportation would be millions of light years:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/TeleportMillionMilesAway1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/TeleportMillionMilesAway2.jpg

In terms of sheer distance, teleporting from Earth to the heart of Sh'iar space is probably more impressive as IIRC it's in deep space. Although I'm pretty sure the Galactus black hole was near the heart of the Universe or something no?

How far has Mjolnir teleported in terms of distance by itself into Thor's hands would be distant dimensions I guess:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsLoki59.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsLoki60.jpg

Like it's been said, Mjolnir has no real limits in terms of distance. Onus is on you now.

abhilegend
It travels from other universes lol. There's no specific end of universe Mjolnir return, only other universe teleportation return. What more do you need other than to accept it?
Teleporting from other dimensions=/=teleporting from the end of the universe.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The farthest measurable number given for Mjolnir's teleportation would be millions of light years:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/TeleportMillionMilesAway1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/TeleportMillionMilesAway2.jpg

In terms of sheer distance, teleporting from Earth to the heart of Sh'iar space is probably more impressive as IIRC it's in deep space. Although I'm pretty sure the Galactus black hole was near the heart of the Universe or something no?

How far has Mjolnir teleported in terms of distance by itself into Thor's hands would be distant dimensions I guess:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsLoki59.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/DefeatsLoki60.jpg

Like it's been said, Mjolnir has no real limits in terms of distance. Onus is on you now.

Millions of lightyears are too small since visible universe has a radius of 46 billion lightyears.

Shiar are in andromeda galaxy IIRC according to FF 250. Balck Galaxy wasn't in the heart of the universe IIRC.

Again dimension-hopping=/=teleporting across universe. I'm just saying that if Hal dispatches mjolnir to the end of the universe, he can easily drop thor in the time mjolnir returns which would at least take some time.

quanchi112
Teleporting from other dimensions=/=teleporting from the end of the universe.

Millions of lightyears are too small since visible universe has a radius of 46 billion lightyears.

Shiar are in andromeda galaxy IIRC according to FF 250. Balck Galaxy wasn't in the heart of the universe IIRC.

Again dimension-hopping=/=teleporting across universe. I'm just saying that if Hal dispatches mjolnir to the end of the universe, he can easily drop thor in the time mjolnir returns which would at least take some time. Your claim to prove not his to disprove.

Damborgson

It doesn't really matter tbh. Mjolit hasn't shown any limitations in regard to TP. Ever. Time and space is all game.

quanchi112
It doesn't really matter tbh. Mjolit hasn't shown any limitations in regard to TP. Ever. Time and space is all game. thumb up

abhilegend
It doesn't really matter tbh. Mjolit hasn't shown any limitations in regard to TP. Ever. Time and space is all game.
No limit fallacy ftw.

Damborgson
No limit fallacy ftw.

Think of it like you want I guess. /shrug

quanchi112
No limit fallacy ftw. it was your claim he doesn't need to disprove it.

abhilegend
Think of it like you want I guess. /shrug
Ok.

quanchi112
Ok. So if someone only teleports a mile by your logic we assume he can't teleport 2 miles ? Seriously.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Again dimension-hopping=/=teleporting across universe. I'm just saying that if Hal dispatches mjolnir to the end of the universe, he can easily drop thor in the time mjolnir returns which would at least take some time.

Out of curiousity, based on what is Hal willing and able to teleport Mjolnir across the Universe?

Since neither of us are sure, I'll leave it up to anyone who gives enough of a damn to double check the comic.

IYO it isn't. To others, Mjolnir teleporting across entire dimensions and Universes is even more impressive. Here Thor opens a portal to the outskirts of existence:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15983201_ThorPortal.jpg

But I'm sure that's not sufficient either, frankly I don't know what will be.

I get what you're saying, I just think it's dumb. It's only going to take time if it flies back instead of teleporting back to his hand like it most definitely would if Hal tried such a tactic.

So far I've humored you but the onus is on you now.

ODG
Been done before:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=522424&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=554670&pagenumber=1

And Thor still wins.

Odekahn
How often does Thor absorb enemies energies? Seems like he could do the same thing to Ultron that Galactus did, but never does? How likely would he actually be to drain Hals ring?

ODG
^ Exactly 66.2341%. And I base that number on absolutely nothing. And Thor did absorb Ultron's energy when a crack in his chassis presented itself.

JakeTheBank
Erm, Mjolnir can cleave through space and time. It regularly opens spatial warps enabling Thor to travel across the universe and access other dimensions. Even without Thor explicitly summoning Mjolnir, it's ripped through dimensions to return to him and has flight speed well above FTL without teleportation. So, no, Hal's not going to keep Mjolnir away from Thor longer than a few moments, if even that.

To that end, I'm not sure how Hal having pocket dimensions for his power battery and being able to access it from one side of the universe translates into him being able to basically 'BFR' Mjolnir and keep it away from Thor.

Odekahn
Originally posted by ODG
^ Exactly 66.2341%. And I base that number on absolutely nothing. And Thor did absorb Ultron's energy when a crack in his chassis presented itself.

Thanks for rounding it for me lol

Bentley
No, since abhi didn't respond to jakes very thorough response ie. Jake won the exchange.

He did respond though, it was pretty much an effort to save face, almost as if he was getting up after being bathered.

"Lets leave before this gets too far. Ok?"

Sounds like the kind of spouting bs that happens after a clear stalemate evil face

Sh3nG L0nG
So if someone only teleports a mile by your logic we assume he can't teleport 2 miles ? Seriously.
Sounds reasonable TBH. There are limitations to powers. Just because someone can run 60 mph doesn't mean they could run 61.

curryman
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
Sounds reasonable TBH. There are limitations to powers. Just because someone can run 60 mph doesn't mean they could run 61.
I agree with your reasoning.

It doesn't apply to Thor.

Who has 60 years of unlimited teleportation.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
He did respond though, it was pretty much an effort to save face, almost as if he was getting up after being bathered.

"Lets leave before this gets too far. Ok?"

Sounds like the kind of spouting bs that happens after a clear stalemate evil face No, he backed down after he accused mild mannered jake of controlling. Pretty clear.

quanchi112
Sounds reasonable TBH. There are limitations to powers. Just because someone can run 60 mph doesn't mean they could run 61. But its teleportation. If someone teleports we don't assume mileage and say they can't teleport further since we have proof space and time isn't an issue.

Odekahn

Yeah but if they are only jogging the. It's reasonable to assume they can go faster. It all depends on the situation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.