Phoenix 5 vs Elite Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ro2yS2mg1rxyld0o1_1280.jpg

vs

Kyle (White Lantern)
Sinestro (Yellow Lantern)
Hal (Green Lantern)
Atrocitus (Red Lantern)
Allan Scott (Sentinel)

LeonBuco666
team 1

Sh3nG L0nG
Lanterns win.

pym-ftw
Phoenix wins, too many weak links on the lanterns

leonidas
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Phoenix wins, too many weak links on the lanterns

P5

Igniz
Originally posted by "Id"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ro2yS2mg1rxyld0o1_1280.jpg

vs

Kyle (White Lantern)
Sinestro (Yellow Lantern)
Hal (Green Lantern)
Atrocitus (Red Lantern)
Allan Scott (Sentinel)

The picture is convincing me to say Phoenix 5 wins Happy Dance

jitay
am i the only one who wanted to see ~Phoenix Juggernaut Colossus / Juggernaut Phoenix Colossus

Galan007
Phoenix wins, too many weak links on the lanterns Who, exactly, are the weak links, iyo?

Because I see a team-up of enormously stacked Lanterns.

quanchi112
Phoenix 5, easily.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Phoenix 5, easily.
Based on?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Based on? Comics.

Estacado
Everyone knows you dont read comics...you only like Harry Potter..

juggerman
laughing out loud

Anyway P5 win. As they fall the others become stronger

xJLxKing
T2 8/10

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Galan007
Who, exactly, are the weak links, iyo?

i also see kyle rayner the most powerful of the lanterns (maybe cept like volthoom and crap) and hal who r both incredibly powerful i dont see how there r weak links here and they stomp p5

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Galan007
Who, exactly, are the weak links, iyo?

The three herald level guys.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Everyone knows you dont read comics...you only like Harry Potter.. I love both. Only you would claim you can't do both. Smh.

Glorificus
Team 1 wins.

even individually, P5 > high herald. there are 5 of them and eve nif one is defeated, the force will strenghen the others. they win.

cdtm
The three herald level guys.

P5 was herald level, when it was divided between them. Scott only became uber when he absorbed the others powers.

And really, Hal, Sinestro, and even Atrocitus have feats well above the herald mark (Krona buster, Sinestro stomp of a white light user that took out a stacked team that included Ganthet, Kyle, John, and Atrocitus's plasma can hurt just about anyone except Blue Lanterns..)

Sundipped
Originally posted by cdtm
P5 was herald level, when it was divided between them. Scott only became uber when he absorbed the others powers.

Not true at all. Either you're lowballing or didn't read the comic.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Sundipped
Not true at all. Either you're lowballing or didn't read the comic.

ive read this entire series and p5 wasnt herald lvl until they started dieing off and the power being transfered to one another then they started getting stupid amounts powerful

Sundipped
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
ive read this entire series and p5 wasnt herald lvl until they started dieing off and the power being transfered to one another then they started getting stupid amounts powerful

Look at the underlined part. Are you trying to tell me they were below herald level to begin with? no expression

yaadaveyaa
no id say they were def herald lvl nothing like thor level or anything but def herald lvl and they kept increasing as each one died i was just saying they werent above herald as p5

Sundipped
They were beyond herald level. What comics did you read?
Thor got curbstomped by Emma easily. Gladiator basically got one shot by Colossus. Namor took on the whole Avengers team : Rulk got his arm snapped and Thor couldn't do anything. Scott stopped a hammer strike with one finger then one shot Thor. How is that not beyond herald level? Serious answer

yaadaveyaa
were talking about these guys being up on the moon correct?

Sundipped
Umm.......didn't you just say you've read the entire series? If you had, you wouldn't be asking that question.

yaadaveyaa
i have im just confused if were on the same page or not ive read everyone of them i believe ther sitting in my bedroom right now

zopzop
Thor got curbstomped by Emma easily. Gladiator basically got one shot by Colossus. Namor took on the whole Avengers team : Rulk got his arm snapped and Thor couldn't do anything. Scott stopped a hammer strike with one finger then one shot Thor. How is that not beyond herald level? Serious answer
This. As much as I hate what they did with the PF in that retarded arc, when you look back at it all, they were beyond herald level.

I'd say low trans at least and they weren't even worthy hosts.

Thor got curbstomped by Emma easily. Gladiator basically got one shot by Colossus. Namor took on the whole Avengers team : Rulk got his arm snapped and Thor couldn't do anything. Scott stopped a hammer strike with one finger then one shot Thor. How is that not beyond herald level? Serious answer thumb up each one was trans and as the force coalesced into les and less hosts it shot into abstract power.

yaadaveyaa
i must b taking away a different moral of that comic then i didnt see them as above herald lvls but thats fine

zopzop
i must b taking away a different moral of that comic then i didnt see them as above herald lvls but thats fine
How many herald level beings do you know that can block a Mjolnir strike with one finger?
http://s23.postimg.org/eu9r866fb/2417773_a_vs_x_zone_033.jpg
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yaadaveyaa
so 1 feat 1 thing happens and your automatically above herald lvl? ok i can roll with that thats my definition of pis for the record

zopzop
so 1 feat 1 thing happens and your automatically above herald lvl? ok i can roll with that thats my definition of pis for the record
It's not just that one feat. You didn't read that series did you? Because is shows.

pym-ftw
They have a very small amount of showings, all of which were them curbing teams with heralds on them...

Idk if you understand what Pis is
no expression

yaadaveyaa
i know what it is and i own them all but plot induced stupidity the enchantment on mjonir says no one can budge that SOB unless they are deemed worthy and thats impossible to do they did something stupid to try and show how strong they were so break your own laws and rules to show something being strong is plot induced stupidity

pym-ftw
Plenty of people have stopped Mjoinir, they just can't lift it...

i know what it is and i own them all but plot induced stupidity the enchantment on mjonir says no one can budge that SOB unless they are deemed worthy and thats impossible to do they did something stupid to try and show how strong they were so break your own laws and rules to show something being strong is plot induced stupidity thats not how the enchantment works. people just can't lift it from the ground or use it. anyone powerful enough can stop it and to do so with a finger means you're>>>>> thor.

yaadaveyaa
so stopping it holding it in mid air is different from lifting if it were laying on the ground? same difference thats y i say pis

Sixth_Winged
Its different. Thanos, nefaria, cyclops, etc have all stopped it in midair but its pretty much guarantee they cant lift the hammer from the ground(unless of course if odin's enchantment is overriden by the pf).

ODG
Phoenix Five win.

Shoulda put Guy Gardner on team two for more balance.

Odekahn
Originally posted by zopzop
How many herald level beings do you know that can block a Mjolnir strike with one finger?
http://s23.postimg.org/eu9r866fb/2417773_a_vs_x_zone_033.jpg
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Was that before or after cyke had absorbed power from another of the P5?

Damborgson
That was while all 5 were still going. Interestingly enough Cyclops later fails to ko an injured Thor while at 1/2 the PF's power.

Odekahn
I always kinda viewed it as the powers divided like this:

5: heralds
4: trans
3: sky father
2: celestials
1: abstract (dark Phoenix)

Odekahn
Originally posted by Damborgson
That was while all 5 were still going. Interestingly enough Cyclops later fails to ko an injured Thor while at 1/2 the PF's power.

Maybe that's a huge feat for Thor

Stoic
Originally posted by Odekahn
Maybe that's a huge feat for Thor

Nah that was Marvel's way of winding down the series, which falls deep within PIS territory. Anyways to snap Rulk's arm with ease, beat Gladiator to an absolute pulp, and one shot Thor obviously places each one well above the Herald tier. P5 FTW.

nwg202
I always kinda viewed it as the powers divided like this:

5: heralds
4: trans
3: sky father
2: celestials
1: abstract (dark Phoenix)

Are the P5 considered equal?

Magik and Colossus are way above the others. You have a Hell lord and an Avatar of Cyttorak getting 1/5 of the pf. Logically, they should so far above Namor and co. Feat wise though they didn't seem all that different from the other 3.

so stopping it holding it in mid air is different from lifting if it were laying on the ground? same difference thats y i say pis yes, it is different and no, it's not PIS. it's the very well established nature of the spell that only keeps people from wielding it so thor's weapon isn't stolen or turned against him. the spell nothing to prevent people from stopping the hammer cold.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by 753
yes, it is different and no, it's not PIS. it's the very well established nature of the spell that only keeps people from wielding it so thor's weapon isn't stolen or turned against him. the spell nothing to prevent people from stopping the hammer cold.

so a full powered phoenix cant knock thor out but a herald lvl one can one shot him? still not pis?

what the hell are you talking about? the PF oneshot thor in a coma twice before merging with the 5. thor got knocked the **** out left and right by the p5 and the only reason he or any other character lasted a second agains dark phoenix summers was plot necessity. even this could be explained by summers inner struggle and wandering focus.

quanchi112
so a full powered phoenix cant knock thor out but a herald lvl one can one shot him? still not pis? You are wrong.

yaadaveyaa
its how i see it u cant pick and choose your durability you dont get to get ko'd by a herald lvl and not by a above trans lvl sorry thats the definition of pis not allowing it they werent to that lvl until they started dieing off

quanchi112
its how i see it u cant pick and choose your durability you dont get to get ko'd by a herald lvl and not by a above trans lvl sorry thats the definition of pis not allowing it they werent to that lvl until they started dieing off You can't pick and choose what you accept.

yaadaveyaa
just like u cant pick and choose feats and pis doesnt apply its the exact same thing but neither of u want to believe that

pym-ftw
@YaaDaveYaa

Please read this....

Originally posted by 753
what the hell are you talking about? the PF oneshot thor in a coma twice before merging with the 5. thor got knocked the **** out left and right by the p5 and the only reason he or any other character lasted a second agains dark phoenix summers was plot necessity. even this could be explained by summers inner struggle and wandering focus.

This is the truth

Sundipped
Originally posted by 753

That + Emma said they were holding back.

yaadaveyaa
@YaaDaveYaa

Please read this....

This is the truth

because of your sig ill stop arguing this i still dont think there that powerful tho

just like u cant pick and choose feats and pis doesnt apply its the exact same thing but neither of u want to believe that when determining what is PIS and what isnt, one is supposed to look for the showings that contradict the dominant, established charatcerization and scott not ripping thor apart is the odd one out of the P5/thor interactions.

yaadaveyaa
u think thats the odd part out? i just dont think they were that strong to start i think its pis to show hey these guys r strong and thor cant just solo the team otherwise u take that team of p5 and thor just strikes them down like children

ODG
Originally posted by nwg202
Are the P5 considered equal?

Magik and Colossus are way above the others. You have a Hell lord and an Avatar of Cyttorak getting 1/5 of the pf. Logically, they should so far above Namor and co. Feat wise though they didn't seem all that different from the other 3. With the amount of power they were dealing with, their original power levels appeared to be irrelevant. When Magik took on Colossonaut in the aftermath of AvX in Limbo, she easily dispatched him and the Cytorrak influence. But when P4 Magik fought P4 Colossus in a raised Limbo realm, the homecourt advantage didn't stop him from double ko'ing her.

u think thats the odd part out? i just dont think they were that strong to start i think its pis to show hey these guys r strong and thor cant just solo the team otherwise u take that team of p5 and thor just strikes them down like children thor didnt beat a single one of them 1 on 1. all he did was get his shit pushed in.

yaadaveyaa
i didnt say he won but what i mean is cyclops for example if he fought thor 1 on 1 just regular ol cyclops he gets trounced its spite beyond belief so in order to show hey these phoenix infected guys r UBER powerful he gets to stop mjonir and that would be the same as lifting it to me holding it in place in the air is the same damn thing it doesnt make sense y he gets 1 shotted in the begining and then they have trouble with him when there 10x more powerful i just dont think they start above herald lvl they could be at HH that'd b fine but going to trans lvl i dont think so

we've already stablished the spell has nothing to do with stopping the hammer, you need to accept this. thor was beaten badly everytime he fought any of the P5 1 on 1.

yaadaveyaa
im not disagreeing with the fact he got his ass whipped im disagreeing that u guys are placing them WAY above HH which isnt the case read the comic again just the first part when he gets ko'd its just establishing they are BAD mothers and are tough to fight and holding it in the air and lifting it off the ground is the same damn thing i am not accepting nothin other then that

the spell is magical and its nature is well established. you are refusing to accept what has been shown and stated on panel numerous times

Odekahn
But wasn't that why Thor was so surprised that Superman caught his hammer because of the enchant?

If its only, picking it up that matters could Thor hand mojlnir to someone? Seems like the same thing to me.

But wasn't that why Thor was so surprised that Superman caught his hammer because of the enchant?

If its only, picking it up that matters could Thor hand mojlnir to someone? Seems like the same thing to me. he was surprised at superman's strengh. SM couldnt pick mjolnir up from the ground and crossovers aren't canon.

No, when someone takes the hammer the spell is activated and it drops to the ground. what you need to understand is the spell is meant to keep people from wielding mjolnir, not to make it unstoppable. if jut they block it while thor holds it it or after he throws it at them, that doesn't count as picking it up.

if he throws it in space where there is no gravity and therefore no up and down, people can take it and swing it around too. magneto has also manipulated it a numebr of times.

yaadaveyaa
superman could be deemed worthy of carrying the hammer cyclops is never worthy of it

Odekahn
Originally posted by 753
he was surprised at superman's strengh. SM couldnt pick mjolnir up from the ground and crossovers aren't canon.

No, when someone takes the hammer the spell is activated and it drops to the ground. what you need to understand is the spell is meant to keep people from wielding mjolnir, not to make it unstoppable. if jut they block it while thor holds it it or after he throws it at them, that doesn't count as picking it up.

if he throws it in space where there is no gravity and therefore no up and down, people can take it and swing it around too. magneto has also manipulated it a numebr of times.

JLA/Avengers was canon at one point. And I doubt the mechanics of Thor's hammer has changed.

With that being said, what you said makes sense and clarifies it more than well enough for me. Thanks!

ODG

If its only, picking it up that matters could Thor hand mojlnir to someone? Seems like the same thing to me. No. He didn't mention the enchantment at all, just the amazement that someone could barehand a hammer strike. Thor was similarly flabbergasted when Red Hulk no-sold a shot to the face.

No. The enchantment isn't in place when Thor is holding it, so someone else could hold it when he is holding it. But once Thor lets go, the enchantment takes hold and it drops if they're not worthy. Like he just did with Hulk and dozens of other opponents in the past.

Odekahn
Originally posted by ODG
No. He didn't mention the enchantment at all, just the amazement that someone could barehand a hammer strike. Thor was similarly flabbergasted when Red Hulk no-sold a shot to the face.

No. The enchantment isn't in place when Thor is holding it, so someone else could hold it when he is holding it. But once Thor lets go, the enchantment takes hold and it drops if they're not worthy. Like he just did with Hulk and dozens of other opponents in the past.

Makes sense. When I think about it, Superman was deemed worthy enough to hold it, so that could have been a factor even if the enchant worked the way I was thinking. But it doesnt. Oh well. Lol

he was worthy at one point because of an emergency and then couldnt pick it up again, right?

Odekahn
Originally posted by 753
he was worthy at one point because of an emergency and then couldnt pick it up again, right?

I don't remember, I've got it in the other room but I'm not going to even bother looking because as you guys explained its pretty much a moot point. Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.