What gaming company has the worst fans/fanboys?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
I would say it's definitely Sony fanboys.

Impediment
Microsoft, easily.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
Microsoft, easily.

thumb up

Pretty much.

Nemesis X
10. Namco Bandai
9. Nintendo
8. Sega
7. Sony
6. Epic Games
5. Gearbox Software
4. Capcom
3. Infinity Ward/Treyarch
2. EA
1. Microsoft

IMO

Ridley_Prime
Really depends on the experiences one has had with said fanboys, and from mine, it would be Sony's. At least in the past.

Cyner
I'm surprised that no one said Nintendo. I like a good amount of what they do but I've seen some serious fanboys go on and on about them.

srankmissingnin
Any time someone tells me that Halo is their generations Star Wars... I want to hit them with a Macho Man elbow drop of the top ropes.

Nintendo is almost as bad. Please tell me more about how innovative the new Mario game is. /rolleyes

#sameoldshit

Tzeentch._
Sony has the most annoying fanboys imo. If I had to make metaphors of each fanbase, it would be:

Nintendo fans: Bitter "oldschool" hipsters who've been playing zelda games for 20 years, hate modern day graphics and ***** about how much better games were "back in their day".

Microsoft: The dudebro. Loud, obnoxious and immature. These are the guys who only play FPS's all day, are way too competitive and scream at people on XBL. Tend to be graphics whores.

Sony fans: Narcissistic, arrogant douchebags. They don't just prefer the playstation, but actively look down on others who don't. Tend to think that nintendo fans are obsolete, boring casual gamers while considering xbox fans to be dumb brutes. Tend to have boners for JRPG's and hold "innovation" on a holy grail while ignoring the fact that most PS3 exclusives have generic gameplay.

edit- Oh look who posted above me. Speak of the devil.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Sony fans: Narcissistic, arrogant douchebags. They don't just prefer the playstation, but actively look down on others who don't. Tend to think that nintendo fans are obsolete, boring casual gamers while considering xbox fans to be dumb brutes. Tend to have boners for JRPG's and hold "innovation" on a holy grail while ignoring the fact that most PS3 exclusives have generic gameplay.

Lol Asbestos Flagon.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Cyner
I'm surprised that no one said Nintendo. I like a good amount of what they do but I've seen some serious fanboys go on and on about them.
I guess for me they might be 2nd place or something. "Brawl and the Wii are zeh best because they sold this much!"

FinalAnswer
PC elitists are worse then any company fans.

Tzeentch._
lol

Zack Fair
Subjective topic.

Tzeentch._
your face is subjective. uhuh

FistOfThe North
Bungie and Sony come first to mind.

ares834
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

thumb up

lol

Gotta agree Sony has the worst fanboys of the big three.

Kazenji
PC elitists are worse then any company fans. thumb up

ScreamPaste
sad

Tzeentch._
Aw.

You know, that was honestly the only category where I wasn't thinking of a specific person when I wrote it.

Ridley_Prime
I guess most Nintendo fanbois are like Cranky Kong in a nutshell as far as the whole "back in my day" thing and stuff. Fitting when you think about it.

Kazenji
They were also "OMG we have the best graphics" when the N64 was out.

Bardock42
Sony has the most annoying fanboys imo. If I had to make metaphors of each fanbase, it would be:

Nintendo fans: Bitter "oldschool" hipsters who've been playing zelda games for 20 years, hate modern day graphics and ***** about how much better games were "back in their day".

Microsoft: The dudebro. Loud, obnoxious and immature. These are the guys who only play FPS's all day, are way too competitive and scream at people on XBL. Tend to be graphics whores.

think that nintendo fans are obsolete, boring casual gamers while considering xbox fans to be dumb brutes

So....like....exactly what you think about them no expression

VG_Addict
Super Mario 64 had good graphics for its time.

The GameCube had better graphics than the PS2.

I would also argue that the SNES had better graphics than the Genesis/MegaDrive.

Bardock42
Originally posted by VG_Addict
Super Mario 64 had good graphics for its time.

I would also argue that the SNES had better graphics than the Genesis/MegaDrive.

Nintendo

VG_Addict
I think the Miiverse is a step in the right direction, as well.

Kazenji
Originally posted by VG_Addict

erm

Smasandian
GC did have better graphics than the PS2.

Kazenji
Didn't seem that impressive from the stuff that i played on the cube.

Smasandian
It's nothing huge but the GC was more powerful.

The GC version of RE4 is better looking than the PS2 version.

The GameCube was one of the reasons why Nintendo went with the Wii because they realized the most powerful console doesn't equal sales.

Kazenji
For gaming company it would have to be between Treyarch & Epic Games, from my experiences.

srankmissingnin

So you don't like that Sony fans agree with your assessment of the fans of the other two companies? laughing

I do so love the unintentional humor you provide.

Smasandian
I think anti-fanboys are worst than fanboys. People who hate companies/developers/publishers all the time without acknowledging when they do good.

I'm thinking people who despise EA, or Activision or the console they don't own.

Bardock42
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
So you don't like that Sony fans agree with your assessment of the fans of the other two companies? laughing

That's like exactly what I said. Get your own observations!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Bardock42
That's like exactly what I said. Get your own observations!

What if I just give you a producer credit on all my posts?

ArtificialGlory

Blax is mostly right though.

Bardock42
What if I just give you a producer credit on all my posts?

I guess that would do, for now.

StyleTime
thumb up

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Bardock42
So....like....exactly what you think about them no expression

Nope. I'm describing fanboy stereotypes, the people on the most extreme end of the scale. These observations don't extend to the common fan. Sony fanboys on the other hand think these things about all fans of the other consoles. Like Srank, for example.

Nice try though. 131

ScreamPaste
But I actually fit the Nintendo stereotype pretty well, minus the hipster thing.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm thinking people who despise EA, or Activision or the console they don't own.

People with souls?

srankmissingnin
Nope. I'm describing fanboy stereotypes, the people on the most extreme end of the scale. These observations don't extend to the common fan. Sony fanboys on the other hand think these things about all fans of the other consoles. Like Srank, for example.

Nice try though. 131

laughing

Terrible cover up. You were giving an assessment of each fanbase as you saw it. Stick to your guns man, don't try to back track now.

I do 110% agree with your original assessment of both Microsoft and Nintendo fans though. Sadly your PS3 assessment is off, I couldn't care less about JRPGs. cool

Tzeentch._
Please. Don't try to act like you ain't balls deep in that Final Fantasy swag.

You've got Lightning posters all over your wall.

srankmissingnin
Please. Don't try to act like you ain't balls deep in that Final Fantasy swag.

You've got Lightning posters all over your wall.

Yuck. sick

Kazenji

I've come across the EA anti-fanboys quite a few times

especally when they own Visceral Games which have done the done the Dead Space games and few other good ones.

Smasandian
Yeah, the EA brand, or companies owned by them have created some quality games. They are not bad. Maybe a bit generic, or similar to other genres but they have high production values. The Dead Space series, Mass Effect series, Battlefield series and Crysis series are very well made games and offer a lot of content to play.

People complain about how sport games are released every year but they buy Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and such forth....

Tzeentch._
The only sequel to a franchise that sold to expectations last year was Call of Duty.

Zack Fair
And Halo 4 didn't?

CoD is a phenomenon. Should just keep it out of any sales expectation. It will continue to break its record until it implodes. Developers have ridiculous high sales expectations like thinking RE6 would sell CoD numbers. Dumb Capcom. Japanese developers be high.

Ridley_Prime
Well after how much RE5 sold (sadly the highest grossing RE far as I know), I can see why they would've been that confident about 6 at first.

FinalAnswer
Yeah, the EA brand, or companies owned by them have created some quality games. They are not bad. Maybe a bit generic, or similar to other genres but they have high production values. The Dead Space series, Mass Effect series, Battlefield series and Crysis series are very well made games and offer a lot of content to play.

People complain about how sport games are released every year but they buy Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and such forth....

http://i.minus.com/ilPrUhB9dfjvn.gif

Kazenji
Yeah Sim City and its DRM.

jinXed by JaNx
pc gamers

quanchi112
Zelda, Nintendo.

Zack Fair
Shots fired.

ares834
Lol

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
pc gamers

Are the best.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Shots fired. Don't worry, I only piss on Quan's threads.

I can't say that any one company has the worst fanboys, since I know some from most and most are fairly decent about it. You come across some pretty bad Sony worshippers online but that's the internet.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Are the best.

And also they can be annoying.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Kazenji
And also they can be annoying.

What about console players?

Kazenji
Depends on the company.

Zack Fair
To me all fanboys are equally bad.

Microsoft fanboys tend to be immature little kids over Xbox live. At least that is the most annoying aspect of the fanbase.

Sony fanboys think Sony is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ and nothing else compares. They will often cite Uncharted series and God of War as being the epitome of gaming.

Nintendo fanboys can be hardcore with their love for the elderly franchises. They're often caught on sales arguments and retro games. Ignoring the fact their Wii has pretty much been an obsolete brick for the past 3 or 4 years.

PC Fanboys are the most arrogant and elitist of the bunch. Building monuments to Steam and mouse and keyboards to appease the gods of the superior race.

Lord_Hitler
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Agreed.

Bentley
Home console fans are all blind to the fact portable consoles are and will always be Superior.

But the worse fanboys are those who diss the Vectrex.

Digi
PC Master Race checking in. Sup, b*tches.

*looks around*

Yup, everything in this thread is wrong, and serves only to reinforce the flawed idea that a vocal few represent some sort of identifiable trend in fans, when no such pattern exists unless we count anecdotes and media and online portrayals as statistical data. At best, it's just picking on young teens whose lack of self-awareness and social decorum shouldn't really be counted against them as some sort of sociological force. We're just in the first era where that demographic isn't insulated as much, because of the ubiquity of online outlets.

Anyway. Master Race, checking out.

fdog

Danny Wayne
Call of duty

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi

*looks around*

Yup, everything in this thread is wrong, and serves only to reinforce the flawed idea that a vocal few represent some sort of identifiable trend in fans, when no such pattern exists unless we count anecdotes and media and online portrayals as statistical data. At best, it's just picking on young teens whose lack of self-awareness and social decorum shouldn't really be counted against them as some sort of sociological force. We're just in the first era where that demographic isn't insulated as much, because of the ubiquity of online outlets.

fdog

Funny enough, I was just about to ask if the "PC Master Race" douches could be included.

And I say this as a PC gamer myself.

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-
Funny enough, I was just about to ask if the "PC Master Race" douches could be included.

And I say this as a PC gamer myself.

Well, I used the term with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I'm primarily a PC gamer as well, though this upcoming console generation is the first where I don't plan on owning a console. But I think the whole concept of this thread is quite poisoned, for reasons stated. But I also thin that, yes, if we're reducing fans anyway, PC "Master Race" d-bags should be included as well.

Smasandian
I think PC master peeps are some of the worst.

Yes, I know you can play this game on $1000 dollar machine, blah blah blah but who cares!

As well, I play mostly on PC but I do own all the systems sans Wii U and PS4.

-Pr-
Well, I used the term with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I'm primarily a PC gamer as well, though this upcoming console generation is the first where I don't plan on owning a console. But I think the whole concept of this thread is quite poisoned, for reasons stated. But I also thin that, yes, if we're reducing fans anyway, PC "Master Race" d-bags should be included as well.

Oh, I wasn't accusing you personally; just poking fun.

I'm primarily a PC gamer too (and always have been), but there are still plenty of console games worthy of playing.

Yes, I know you can play this game on $1000 dollar machine, blah blah blah but who cares!

Yep.

Tzeentch

*looks around*

fdog Nope.

Sony fanboys are the worst. God's approval is all the empirical evidence you need.

Stealth Moose

This may be the first generation where I don't have any express plans to buy a console, and I haven't bought a console at launch since the original Xbox (and technically, that was a gift). Not enough exclusive titles to tempt me at this point and my PC can do backflips around them anyways. I might wait a few years and get a marked down PS4 because Microsoft can roast in hell.

Console ain't got free DLC for some games. Console ain't got mod capability. Console ain't got tech savvy fans implementing fixes when game manufacturers are too slow. Console ain't got Steam sales.

Face it, your time is ending. OURS IS NIGH!

http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/03/PC-Gaming-Master-Race.jpg

Nemesis X
The PC
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa240/diggydoo/Szayel22.jpg

"I am a perfect being!"

The Console
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99x3n6GE91ra3yk4o1_r1_500.gif

"There is nothing in this world that is truly "perfect". Though it may be a rather large cliche, it is still the truth. It is the ordinary people who look up to "perfection" as an ideal and seek after it. But in truth, what is this idea of "perfection" truly worth? Nothing. Not a single thing. I detest "perfection". To be "perfect" is to be unable to improve any further. There would be no scope for "creation", not a single gap in one's knowledge or one's ability. Do you see now? To true scientists like you and I, "Perfection" is tantamount to "despair". We aspire to reach greater levels of brilliance than ever before, but never, NEVER, to reach perfection. That is the paradox through which we scientists must struggle. Indeed, it is our duty to find pleasure in that struggle. In other words, the second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist."

BackFire
Console gaming also doesn't have League of Legends, which I take as a positive.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The PC
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa240/diggydoo/Szayel22.jpg

"I am a perfect being!"

The Console
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99x3n6GE91ra3yk4o1_r1_500.gif

"There is nothing in this world that is truly "perfect". Though it may be a rather large cliche, it is still the truth. It is the ordinary people who look up to "perfection" as an ideal and seek after it. But in truth, what is this idea of "perfection" truly worth? Nothing. Not a single thing. I detest "perfection". To be "perfect" is to be unable to improve any further. There would be no scope for "creation", not a single gap in one's knowledge or one's ability. Do you see now? To true scientists like you and I, "Perfection" is tantamount to "despair". We aspire to reach greater levels of brilliance than ever before, but never, NEVER, to reach perfection. That is the paradox through which we scientists must struggle. Indeed, it is our duty to find pleasure in that struggle. In other words, the second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist."

tl;dr

PC WOO HOO!

Also, League is pretty good. It's the players that make aliens want to glass this planet.

BackFire
I don't care for the game. The players just make it worse.

From what I understand, though, DOTA 2 has the worst community ever formed on the planet.

Stealth Moose
It has a harsh learning curve, so the 1337 players tend to be very negative to newcomers. You'll have eighteen death threats in three minutes if you feed.

BackFire
Maybe I should try it. Sounds like prime trolling ground.

Stealth Moose
Record games if you do.

-Pr-
Anyone tried shadowplay from NVidia yet?

Supposedly they had a really nice update recently and it's become a good tool for game capture.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Console ain't got Steam sales.

Yeah because that's the "ONLY" place that has sales on the internet

erm

Stealth Moose
Yeah because that's the "ONLY" place that has sales on the internet

erm

You have never beheld a Steam Summer Sale. It is like eCrack. You can't get enough.

-Pr-
To be fair, Steam sales blow the absolute shit out of almost any sale out there. They make even Black Friday look conservative at times. They're ridiculous.

That said, digital PC game sales tend to be better than console sales by their very nature.

Kazenji
I mainly use GOG these days. They're DRM Free

also i've heard Humble Bundle is better then Steam sometimes.

-Pr-
I like gog, but the library is a bit outdated in terms of actual content, sadly.

humble bundle is good/better on occasion, yes, though they mostly offer steam keys anyway.

Nemesis X
Actually I find the sales on PS Network for Plus members to be comparable to those Steam sales. PC isn't the only thing that sells stuff cheap.

ares834
To be fair, Steam sales blow the absolute shit out of almost any sale out there. They make even Black Friday look conservative at times. They're ridiculous.

That said, digital PC game sales tend to be better than console sales by their very nature.

They do. Its easily the best reason to become a PC gamer IMO.

Stealth Moose
I mainly use GOG these days. They're DRM Free

also i've heard Humble Bundle is better then Steam sometimes.

GOG.com is good, but the selection is very limited. Also, Steam DRM is barely existent. There's no checks beyond the initial installation, and it's leagues better than Origin or Uplay or the old SecuROM.

I like gog, but the library is a bit outdated in terms of actual content, sadly.

humble bundle is good/better on occasion, yes, though they mostly offer steam keys anyway.

thumb up

Actually I find the sales on PS Network for Plus members to be comparable to those Steam sales. PC isn't the only thing that sells stuff cheap.

I've heard this is getting better. But it's still not quite comparable. Steam also offers a leg up for indie developers, some mod hosting for Steam games, and gift giving capability. I've spent hundreds on friends during sales, birthdays, or holidays, and it beats having to ship anything UPS.

Smasandian
It is funny that sales on PSN Plus is comparable to Steam except that you have to pay to get those deals.

Steam is free. PSN+ is not.

Kazenji
Also, Steam DRM is barely existent. There's no checks beyond the initial installation, and it's leagues better than Origin or Uplay or the old SecuROM.

Except for the initial update that you need to get before playing a game erm ......Steam would be better if they already updated most of the games before buying them

barely existent?.... laughing laughing

ares834
For the short time I was a PS+ member, the sales weren't really that great. Certainly not too the scale of Steam sales. The "free" games are nice, but other than that I wasn't all that impressed.

Kazenji
GOG.com is good, but the selection is very limited.

Guess i like alot the older games more to some of the newer stuff

also GOG is working on getting more newer stuff rather then it being all solely about old games.

Stealth Moose
Except for the initial update that you need to get before playing a game erm ......Steam would be better if they already updated most of the games before buying them

Initial installations include patches to date. Any subsequent patches are to the benefit of the consumer and are released typically as soon as the manufacturers make them available.

As for it being "riddled with DRM', the usual belief non-users start with, this is some kind of knee-jerk reaction to the past crap we had to deal with like SecuROM (which most Install Wizards never clarified was in use) and EA's typical "Oh, did you briefly lose a packet? Time to log you out of single player". In comparison, Steam only attempts initial verification during installation, and that's it. There's not a limitation on installations over PCs nor is online required after installation.

In ranking it in terms of minimal DRM, it ranks just below GOG.com, well above Uplay and somewhere at the bottom Origin is squealing for attention. Of course, this is all very obvious. Five minutes using the application or reading a Wikipedia page would tell you as much.

http://076dd0a50e0c1255009e-bd4b8aabaca29897bc751dfaf75b290c.r40.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/files/000/006/085/original/original.0

-Pr-
Originally posted by ares834
They do. Its easily the best reason to become a PC gamer IMO.

yup. anyone else remember what it was like trying to buy PC games before Steam came along? ****ing nightmare here in Europe, with so many stores only stocking the bare minimum.

Guess i like alot the older games more to some of the newer stuff

also GOG is working on getting more newer stuff rather then it being all solely about old games.

Steam has older games too.

On average, Steam games are installed with updates included. It's addons that usually require updates, like high res texture packs and dlc, or new actual patches.

Are you getting your info from bad places? Is it outdated? Or do you really just dislike Steam? If it's the latter, that's fine. You don't HAVE to like Steam. Spreading bad information is kind of dicky, though.

Smasandian
He might mean the installation DirectX, C++ redistributes andd MS frameworks when you initially run the game for the first time (and if it hasn't been installed before).

-Pr-
He might mean the installation DirectX, C++ redistributes andd MS frameworks when you initially run the game for the first time (and if it hasn't been installed before).

Maybe, but that's more a Windows thing, imo.

Smasandian
Yes,

There is a reason why Steam does so (I forgot) but it has something to do with the developers using a specific version of each piece of software and how it is needed.

I guess on regular installations (from disc) that it would be installed automatically. I am not sure why there is another step.

But other than that, each version you download automatically has the newest version of the software. I have never came across a game needing to dl an update once you install it through Steam. There might be a couple of games that use proprietary software (like Uplay) that download the update.

-Pr-
Yes,

There is a reason why Steam does so (I forgot) but it has something to do with the developers using a specific version of each piece of software and how it is needed.

I guess on regular installations (from disc) that it would be installed automatically. I am not sure why there is another step.

But other than that, each version you download automatically has the newest version of the software. I have never came across a game needing to dl an update once you install it through Steam. There might be a couple of games that use proprietary software (like Uplay) that download the update.

Speaking of, I was wondering something: If I buy a game through steam that would use uplay if I bought it retail, does it use both? or just steam? Like, say, the Assassin's Creed games.

Stealth Moose
I have most of the AC titles and they launch via Steam shortcut and Uplay comes up. I haven't explored an alternative but it seems Ubi is one of the few non-EA, non-MMO Steam titles that does this. However, Uplay is very memory friendly and non-intrusive, so I don't let it bother me. They even give you unlocks for the game through gameplay, like tokens earned playing AC: Brotherhood let you unlock characters, armor, and wallpapers. There's no exchange of money in this case.

Smasandian
Yeah. It still sucks but whatever.

There is still a few games out there that use Windows Live and it operates differently (the game runs then it logs into Windows Live) but the idea is the same.

Even though I rather have Steam games work like regular games without added interfaces it is kind of cool to get XBOX Live Achievements while playing PC games.

Stealth Moose
XBL has largely been discarded thankfully and companies like 2K and Capcom have chucked it. I had neglected to mention it and it is perhaps even worse than Origin. At least EA hasn't broken my games with patches; XBL rendered my copy of Bioshock 2 unplayable online because it keeps trying to patch and then repeatedly fails. There's a 19 character alphanumeric error code that no one in MS knows how to address. It's a crime against humanity.

Smasandian
I understand why they tried to do with Games for Windows Live. It just wasn't done well at all.

It came out in 2007. At that time, Steam wasn't a massive success it is now. Gaming on PC was pretty close to dying and Games for Windows Live was a way to combat that. It obviously didn't work.

AsbestosFlaygon
PC "master race" d-bags.

The fact that you have to spend $1000s just to get a decent gaming rig.
When you can spend less than $500 for a current-gen console, and play the latest games.

Have fun playing Grand Theft Auto 5 next year, b******.

Smasandian
Do you have a PC/Laptop?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
PC "master race" d-bags.

The fact that you have to spend $1000s just to get a decent gaming rig.
When you can spend less than $500 for a current-gen console, and play the latest games.

Have fun playing Grand Theft Auto 5 next year, b******.

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1865603820/butthurt.jpg

Come back when you can build your own console, change out the components as needed to upgrade, and mod your own games, pleb.

Also, I could play the latest games on a rig I built 3 years ago. Can you say the same with your console from that time? LOLNOPE.

AsbestosFlaygon
Just stating the facts, kid.

Don't worry, GTA5 for PC is just 3 months away from now.

Stealth Moose
Just stating the facts, kid.

Don't worry, GTA5 for PC is just 3 months away from now.

1. I'm just playing the part of a Proud Warrior PC Guy for fun.

2. I'm much older than you.

3. I could give two sailing goose shits about GTA. I never liked the series.

NemeBro
Having to wait three months for a superior version of the game is a fair trade.

PC gaming is better than console gaming.

Nephthys
At least with consoles you don't have to really know computers to be able to play properly. Mine constantly bluescreens after 5 minutes with some games and I have no idea why.

With consoles you just install and play with little problems. Its so much simpler.

ares834
Also, I could play the latest games on a rig I built 3 years ago. Can you say the same with your console from that time? LOLNOPE.

no expression

Yes. I've got Watch Dogs preordered right now for my 6 year old 360...

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
At least with consoles you don't have to really know computers to be able to play properly. Mine constantly bluescreens after 5 minutes with some games and I have no idea why.

With consoles you just install and play with little problems. Its so much simpler.

At least with a bicycle you don't have to know cars to get anywhere. I mean, my car doesn't start half of the time and at least my bike always works.

SOUNDS LEGIT BRO.

Originally posted by ares834
no expression

Yes. I've got Watch Dogs preordered right now for my 6 year old 360...

Not at the same quality, no. 360's graphic processing is years behind even mid-range GPus now, and I highly doubt Battlefield 4 plays and looks the same on 360 as it does for PC or even Xbox One.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Having to wait three months for a superior version of the game is a fair trade.

PC gaming is better than console gaming.

thumb up

Nemesis X
aSeARjpIj5o

All hail the PC.

Stealth Moose
Specific example >>>>>>>>>>Sweeping Generalization.

Lulz.

Nemesis X
A good enough specific example. Just to play one game, you sure have to go through a lot of shit in order to play it on PC whereas on console, it's easy. You don't need to keep upgrading graphic cards, download/discard specific files and all that. If I see it well enough on my consoles, it's playable and that should be good enough even if it looks like Super Mario 64 to you perfectionists.

Smasandian
All that is bullshit.

Batman Arkham Origins on consoles was almost as bad. A buggy game is a buggy game.

The problem with bugs on the console, you can't fix them yourself. If something doesn't work, check Steam discussion board and usually there is a fix for it. Patches can be super quick because it doesn't need to go through certification. Older game that doesn't have its bugs fixed? Ohhh tooo bad. On PC? Oh yeah, there is a dude who created a custom fix for it and you can download for free.

If you want a specific example? Alien: Colonial Marines. Did the console version have a mod created for it to increase the graphics. NOPE! You got shit graphics and it stays that way.

Both consoles and PC have their pros and cons.

Stealth Moose
True enough. Console has merits, but PC is superior because of freedom. And we loves us some freedom.

Smasandian
A console does have merits. I always felt some games feel better on the TV with a console.

Not sure why but it does.

Stealth Moose
It's a lot easier to insult someone's sexuality via headset when you're reclining in a couch with a beer within arm's reach and Cheetos littered on the cushion.

That must be it.

BackFire
I prefer to do that in person.

Stealth Moose
With or without the mask and chainsaw?

NemeBro

With consoles you just install and play with little problems. Its so much simpler. Being too stupid to operate your gaming rig is not a valid criticism of the rig itself.

NemeBro
A good enough specific example. Just to play one game, you sure have to go through a lot of shit in order to play it on PC whereas on console, it's easy. You don't need to keep upgrading graphic cards, download/discard specific files and all that. If I see it well enough on my consoles, it's playable and that should be good enough even if it looks like Super Mario 64 to you perfectionists. I can fix the majority of bugs for any and every PC game I've ever installed with a single download.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

One download.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth?

One download.

Skyrim?

One download for base, mods provide a whole other challenge admittedly.

New Vegas is much the same.

Compare it to the PS3 versions of Skyrim and New Vegas, where the games get continuously more unplayable the more you play, as though the entire game engine is running in slow motion. New Vegas in particular is atrocious for this. Poor FinalAnswer simply can't play his NV file on PS3 anymore.

Oh yes, but consoles are better. Truly. thumb up

Stealth Moose
I can fix the majority of bugs for any and every PC game I've ever installed with a single download.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

One download.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth?

One download.

Skyrim?

One download for base, mods provide a whole other challenge admittedly.

New Vegas is much the same.

Compare it to the PS3 versions of Skyrim and New Vegas, where the games get continuously more unplayable the more you play, as though the entire game engine is running in slow motion. New Vegas in particular is atrocious for this. Poor FinalAnswer simply can't play his NV file on PS3 anymore.

Oh yes, but consoles are better. Truly. thumb up

True patch for VtM or Gold?

NemeBro
True patch for VtM or Gold? IIRC I have Wesp5's patch for the game.

Nephthys
Being too stupid to operate your gaming rig is not a valid criticism of the rig itself.

It did this the first time I got it. I just don't know how to fix it. I'm up to date with drivers and everything, but games like New Vegas and Tomb Raider still bluescreen like crazy. I can't even play Psychonauts anymore. erm

Smasandian
Just rebuild Windows. Save all your files to a cheap USB HDD (or the important ones) and it should fix it.

Also,

Google it. You will be surprised to see that the majority of issues are common and have fixes for them.

RedX1852
Sony has the worst Fanboys, on Facebook Xbox One cant make one post without Playstation Players instantly bashing it and saying it sucks, if the Xbox One and the PS4 were the same price they would sell evenly, the Price and Graphics which don't really matter are the only significant difference in the 2, and the PS4 is Linear, Xbox One provides more Features, and Accessories, all the PS4 can do is watch Porn Hub, Surf the Web, and Play Games, with Xbox One it brings more to the table in terms of content and features

Nephthys
Just rebuild Windows. Save all your files to a cheap USB HDD (or the important ones) and it should fix it.

Also,

Google it. You will be surprised to see that the majority of issues are common and have fixes for them.

And how do I do that? I don't think I have a Windows install disk (or can't find it) so I'm probably screwed here. We can take this to PMs if its an extensive issue. I don't want to derail the thread with my problem. Its just that in my experience PCs are much more finicky and temperamental than simple-to-use consoles.

I've googled it a few times and it mostly just tells me to update my drivers. Which I do.

Smasandian
You could always upgrade from Windows 7 for a fee (if you have XP obviously). That would probably fix your system (the carpet bombing way of doing it).

Try to find that install disk, and put it in your system or try http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/.

Google the error code in the bluescreen and see what the issue is.

Nephthys
Ok, thanks. I'll try all of that (except I'm already windows 7).

Smasandian
I assumed but I didn't know.

Also, if you haven't done already. Run a few anti-maelware/virus products to see if the issue is exploitative in nature. CCCleaner and Maelwarebytes.

-Pr-
Does your Windows 7 not have a recovery option built in?

Stealth Moose
But then it'd clear his pr0n browsing history. What if he forgot to write those URLs down?

Also, if the issue is persistent with certain titles and they've been reinstalled entirely to address the issue, sounds like it's time to giveupandplayconsole consider an upgrade. Surely you can rustle up some dosh and nab yourself a proper machine.

Nephthys
Sure. Last January.

I'm not upgrading in under a year, nor do I have the money too. I'd sooner give it to a professional and pay him to fix it than that.

I don't know about a system recovery. I guess I could try that as a last resort. Today I tried out uninstalling, updating and reinstalling all my drivers so I guess we'll see if that works after Swtor finishes downloading in 6 hours. >:[

Stealth Moose
Ouch. Been there, suffered that. Hopefully it works.

Nephthys
Well, it was a little better. The computer didn't crash, the game did. I guess thats an improvement. :C

Stealth Moose
If it's not the drivers and not the game (and it's still BSOD), it's the base level hardware then. Check for manufacturer warranty.

If the game abruptly goes to desktop, force closed, or gives you some bizarre error code string, it might be the GPU that's the issue or lack of RAM.

RedX1852
Sony definitely has the worst Fanboys, at least Xbox Fanboys don't shoot people over their consoles.
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24655348/san-francisco-suspect-fatal-shooting-over-playstation-4

Nemesis X
No they just risk someone getting shot calling the SWAT team on them is all. Apparently it's now a thing. I am not amused.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Impediment
Microsoft, easily.

RedX1852
Originally posted by Grinning Goku

We dont shoot people for consoles unlike PS Fanboys, comment falsified

Nemesis X
You make it sound like the shooting over a PS4 is the first time in history someone shot someone over a game console. Cute.

Stealth Moose
An original Xbox once deflected a bullet during a rage-shooting. True story.

P-Geyser
^wow.

From my personal experience, Sony fanboys take the cake and the candles.

look on youtube on how many Sony fanboys make video's on why the 360/wii suck and there is more thumbs up then thumbs down. Though I noticed if a 360 fan(or fanboy)makes a video on the ps3 sucking, there usually seems to be more thumbs down than thumbs up.

Also if I had a dime for every time I heard sony fanboys ***** and moan about COD timed exclusive dlc's...though when the ps3 with multiplat games get exclusive ONLY to their system, they love to go on about "that's why ps3 is better" or "get a ps3".

RedX1852
An original Xbox once deflected a bullet during a rage-shooting. True story.

LOL I just read it, i dont see PS4 doin that

Nephthys
Good news everybody! My situation has been vastly improved upon carefully updating drivers again. I just played Tomb Raider for 3 hours with no crash and I can play Fallout NV for a few hours without a crash too (though it does crash still). So yay me! XD

-Pr-
Good news everybody! My situation has been vastly improved upon carefully updating drivers again. I just played Tomb Raider for 3 hours with no crash and I can play Fallout NV for a few hours without a crash too (though it does crash still). So yay me! XD

thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
I've had problems similar to yours.
I've found PCs just can't take prolonged gaming (unless it's liquid cooled), and heats up too easily.

Just buy a console.
Headaches solved.

NemeBro
Good news everybody! My situation has been vastly improved upon carefully updating drivers again. I just played Tomb Raider for 3 hours with no crash and I can play Fallout NV for a few hours without a crash too (though it does crash still). So yay me! XD thumb down

Stealth Moose
I've had problems similar to yours.
I've found PCs just can't take prolonged gaming (unless it's liquid cooled), and heats up too easily.

Just buy a console.
Headaches solved.

Don't game on laptops and mid-sized towers. Pretty basic solution.

My rig has been working overtime for four years, never had one blue screen of death. Any game crashes were usually minor issues caused unexpectedly by mods or updates and easily fixed. In fact, I have yet to CTD on New Vegas or Skyrim, but I admit that I mod a hell of a lot less than most folks and that may be way it's so stable.

If your rig is overheating, it's not a sign of PC inferiority; it's a sign of bad ventilation, not enough fans, bad cabling, or all of the above.

-Pr-
If your rig is overheating, it's not a sign of PC inferiority; it's a sign of bad ventilation, not enough fans, bad cabling, or all of the above.

Pretty much.

Nephthys
Well that was nice while it lasted. Everything was smooth until I installed Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition and started messing with mods and now its right back to bluescreening all the time. I can't think of what it could have done to mess everything up. Grrr.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>