Is there a equal to Batman in Marvel comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Is there a marvel hero or villain who is a match for Batman in all of his abilities Fighting skill, detective skills, scientific skills, prep skills, and in all out smarts. I am not a fan of Batman but I think it a good question.

Sixth_Winged
Dr doom is easily his superior not sure about equal though.

Alias Stone
Cap
Spidey
Wolvie
Misty
Danny (& various other martial artist)
Pym
Reed
Tony

in answer to your questin yes

golem370
No I am talking about one person who is a match for him in all of these fields. I would say Panther would be the closet to him in each ability

quanchi112
Panther seems like a good choice.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Panther seems like a good choice.
Based on?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Based on? Comics.

Estacado
Comics.
How?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
How? You need to read comics and be more familiar in these threads.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos seems like a good choice.

I agree with this...

thumb up

SevenShackles
Black Panther does seem to be the best marvel proxy. Guys like cap shouldn't be an answer since he has peak stats and isn't much of a detective when compared to other possible canidates.

xJLxKing
Lol no one. What kind of a question is this? It's like asking who is equal to God.

Caps Conscience
BP

byrdgang21
Yea BP for sure

golem370
How about Moon Knight?

JakeTheBank
Yes, Batman has plenty of superiors in the Marvel Universe.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Lol no one. What kind of a question is this? It's like asking who is equal to God.

Where is Mindset to tell us that Iron Fist > God?

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yes, Batman has plenty of superiors in the Marvel Universe.

With all those skills the OP listed? Like who? I can think of BP.

golem370
They don't have to be superior as the thread is called, Is There a Equal to Batman in Marvel comics.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
With all those skills the OP listed? Like who? I can think of BP.

Panther is his closest "equal" with some of his skills being superior to Batman. As a whole, I'd say T'Challa is > Bruce, though, especially if his spirit of past Panther amps is still valid.

Golgo13
Sorry, I thought it was all the skills combined. Bruce is definitely MVP, because of all his skills accounted for, just like BP. Perfect mix of MA, tactics, and scientific genius. Along with detective skills and biology. As was seen in the last Swamp Thing arc.

golem370
Let me put it this way with his abilities Genius, Great Fighter, Great Scientist, Great Detective, and inventor is he a true unique comic book character?

JakeTheBank
Panther is essentially all of those things, yes.

The only aspect I'd be sketchy on is detective skills, but that's made up his excellent tracking and hunting skills. Given his senses and tracking, if Black Panther wanted to wage war on street crime (which he has done before) he could do so. Plus he has more skills that Bruce doesn't have or isn't as adept in such as diplomacy and politics.

Golgo13
DCnU Bruce is shaping up to have some political skills in his own right.

srankmissingnin
Dr. Doom, and he is also a sorcerer, so eat your heart out Batman.

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom >>>> Batman.

We're trying to find equals (or closest thing to it), not beings who decimate him.

Golgo13
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Dr. Doom, and he is also a sorcerer, so eat your heart out Batman.

Batman eats sorcerer's for breakfast. eek!

srankmissingnin
Batman eats sorcerer's for breakfast. eek!

Maybe their semen, provided they are underage sorcerers.

Someone keep an eye on Tim Hunter.

Golgo13
Maybe their semen, provided they are underage sorcerers.

Someone keep an eye on Tim Hunter.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/bo_zps95a9793a.gif

LeonBuco666
Nick fury, black panther, the punisher or cyclops

Golgo13
The Punisher?

LeonBuco666
The Punisher? in skills not power

the Darkone
Black Panther

MF DELPH
I'd say Black Panther (close) or Nighthawk. As a matter of fact, iirc, Nighthawk was specifically created to be an analogue of Batman (with Squadron Supreme being an analogue of the JLA).

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd say Black Panther (close) or Nighthawk. As a matter of fact, iirc, Nighthawk was specifically created to be an analogue of Batman (with Squadron Supreme being an analogue of the JLA).

Nighthawk is a good example in most areas. He isn't as skilled as Batman, but he has legitimate pre-cog and superhuman attributes at night.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by golem370
Is there a marvel hero or villain who is a match for Batman in all of his abilities Fighting skill, detective skills, scientific skills, prep skills, and in all out smarts. I am not a fan of Batman but I think it a good question. Black Panther? He is probably better than Bats, but not by much.

Brockalizer
Nick Fury

pym-ftw
T'challa or Beast

Shabazz916
Batman is close to Black panther... black panther is better in every area.. its just that batman is more popular because marvel is to stupid to push a goldmine in ethnic culture that would separate them in the minority public's eyes.

but black panther yes

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Batman is close to Black panther... black panther is better in every area.. its just that batman is more popular because marvel is to stupid to push a goldmine in ethnic culture that would separate them in the minority public's eyes.

but black panther yes

Marvel tries to give Panther love every couple of years, but his solo books don't move units. If he was goldmine, they push him more... but he isn't.

yaadaveyaa
what about a guy like punisher or task master they r both cool

psycho gundam
Originally posted by golem370
Is there a marvel hero or villain who is a match for Batman in all of his abilities Fighting skill, detective skills, scientific skills, prep skills, and in all out smarts. I am not a fan of Batman but I think it a good question. no equal, but there are elements of batman in black panther, daredevil, and mostly moon knight

dmills
Not an equivalent, but there is a tapestry of mini Batmen in Marvel that when combined, kinda sorta equal the real deal.

Stoic
I'm going to go ahead and say no, because Bruce is really a brilliant yet insane man that refuses to cross the line. It would take Frank Castle, and Tony Stark combined to come close to being on the same wavelength as Bruce.

rotiart
A fighter that has fought even people that were Spiderman Level?
That has used tech or created tech that could rival Iron Man?
Is smart enough to be demask the secret identity of one of his opponents..
Is trusted enough to man a powerful secret organization.
Feared by his opponents.

Norman Osborn for the win.

Shabazz916
Marvel tries to give Panther love every couple of years, but his solo books don't move units. If he was goldmine, they push him more... but he isn't.

you gotta put bp on tv on the big screen his story is to rich and powerful to be tied just to a comic book

jimbojankins
Squirrel girl

rotiart
panther love sounds like something that they would allow in the redneck country... And banned everywhere else.

MF DELPH
I think Black Panther is fertile ground for a live action series on HBO, but given that Disney has Marvel in it's grips I doubt they'd give it the live action Blade-esque treatment it deserves.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think Black Panther is fertile ground for a live action series on HBO, but given that Disney has Marvel in it's grips I doubt they'd give it the live action Blade-esque treatment it deserves. It would flop. Disney is doing great as it is.

Badabing
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Lol no one. What kind of a question is this? It's like asking who is equal to God. With this post the thread is done. thumb up

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Shabazz916
you gotta put bp on tv on the big screen his story is to rich and powerful to be tied just to a comic book

He had an animated series on BET didn't he?

golem370
yup where Juggernaut tackled a Rhino to death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.