DCNU Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which characters in DCNU receieved an upgrade from their previous counterpart?

srankmissingnin
Green Arrow

Golgo13
Cheshire.

carver9
What about Deathstroke and Bane?

srankmissingnin
Deathstroke seems worse to me. Classic 'Stroke would have be able to lift that slab of concrete off of Adeline.

Golgo13
Bane definitely. I say Slade as well.

Golgo13
Roy Harper as well. Not only is he Bullseyish, but a genius to boot.

Galan007
Captain Atom.

Cogito
Hal.

Kyle.

Wonder Woman received a potential powerup, as removing her bracelets apparently now unleashes her full power.

Slade definitely got a durability boost.

Aquaman

Golgo13
What about the ones that are generally weaker? I'm thinking Swamp Thing (Although, I think Soule has a good take on him so far), Firestorm, and Wonder Woman.

srankmissingnin
Shiva seems to have been hit with the nerf bat too.

Golgo13
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Shiva seems to have been hit with the nerf bat too.

What happened to Shiva?

Cogito
Originally posted by Golgo13
What about the ones that are generally weaker? I'm thinking Swamp Thing (Although, I think Soule has a good take on him so far), Firestorm, and Wonder Woman.

Pretty much everyone else, if only for a lack of feats proving otherwise.

Golgo13
Also, I forgot to add Mr. Terrific. He seems WAY more impressive than Batman. In the genius department and the physical. Much faster, stronger, and durable.

srankmissingnin
What happened to Shiva?

She just didn't seem impressive vs Nightwing. Also she looks dumb.

In an unrelated note, in the first time in my comic ready tenure, I have been forced to drop Nightwing. sad

Galan007
What about the ones that are generally weaker? I'm thinking Swamp Thing (Although, I think Soule has a good take on him so far), Firestorm, and Wonder Woman. DCnU FS isn't weaker anymore.

Golgo13
She just didn't seem impressive vs Nightwing. Also she looks dumb.

In an unrelated note, in the first time in my comic ready tenure, I have been forced to drop Nightwing. sad

I'm only reading it, because there was a hint of Backlash. He may or may not show up, but since Booth is on art, we might see him.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
DCnU FS isn't weaker anymore.

Did he get an amp or something?

srankmissingnin
I'm only reading it, because there was a hint of Backlash. He may or may not show up, but since Booth is on art, we might see him.

Brett Booth is the worst artist active in the industry. I can't read a book he is drawing, even if it is my third favorite character. sad

Golgo13
Worst? There are others who are much worse than him, IMO.

Galan007
Did he get an amp or something? He is back to his old self these days.

chipguy_okay
The two biggest powers ups were probably Cptn Atom and Mr. Terrific.

Captain Atom- Flying to the end of the universe, time-travel, absorbing energy from multiple versions of himself, "wish granting', coming back from atoms-he's basically Dr. Manhattan supped up 10x.

Mr. Terrific also probably got the second biggest upgrade. He was into casual dimension tech, and the type of techno babble you'd normally see from guys like Dr. Doom. Terrible comic though.

Also, a bunch of Batman's rogues arguably got upgraded. Poison ivy, Clayface, and Bane seem more impressive than they have in a while.

I would maybe say Phantom Stranger also got a slight upgrade, although I'm not too clear on what his previous power level was.

beatboks
Originally posted by Cogito

Aquaman

From what I've seen he's been powered down. Pre Flashpoint his best feats were around the 200 to 300 tonne range and he was every bit as durable. No to mention the level of his TP.

Golgo13
I think Flash is weaker.

Golgo13
Originally posted by chipguy_okay
The two biggest powers ups were probably Cptn Atom and Mr. Terrific.

Captain Atom- Flying to the end of the universe, time-travel, absorbing energy from multiple versions of himself, "wish granting', coming back from atoms-he's basically Dr. Manhattan supped up 10x.

Mr. Terrific also probably got the second biggest upgrade. He was into casual dimension tech, and the type of techno babble you'd normally see from guys like Dr. Doom. Terrible comic though.

Also, a bunch of Batman's rogues arguably got upgraded. Poison ivy, Clayface, and Bane seem more impressive than they have in a while.

I would maybe say Phantom Stranger also got a slight upgrade, although I'm not too clear on what his previous power level was.

Forgot about Ivy and Phantom Stranger.

-Pr-
Aquaman is physically more impressive but his telepathy has gotten **** all focus.

curryman
Brett Booth is the worst artist active in the industry. I can't read a book he is drawing, even if it is my third favorite character. sad

I see you out there, you troll!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by curryman
I see you out there, you troll!

I wasn't be facetious. Brett Booth is the worst of the 90s xtreme comic style guys, who are all terrible.

Brett Booth is the worst artist active in the industry. I can't read a book he is drawing, even if it is my third favorite character. sad there's way worse out there

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
there's way worse out there

Indie artists who's crappy style is intentional for whatever reason.

not true. greg land, who is a photorealist, is far worse.

even going by the 90s extreme style you mentioned, rob liefeld was far worse. I also consider jim lee to be part of the same zeitgeist and he was good.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
not true. greg land, who is a photorealist, is far worse.

even going by the 90s extreme style you mentioned, rob liefeld was far worse. I also consider jim lee to be part of the same zeitgeist and he was good.

Greg Land is truly awful, but he is better than Brett Booth. Same with Liefeld. That said I have changed my mind, Whilace Portacio is the worst comic artist, Brett Booth will need to be content with only being the second worst artist active in mainstream comics.

Jim Lee (and Silvestri I guess) are the guys whos styles were aped by the 90s extreme gang. Brett Booth style is a photocopy of a photocopy.

Portacio is bad alright:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oH21HOn8uNc/TRreCbM0rTI/AAAAAAAADBg/56maUw3pQRo/s640/Whilce+Portacio+atfs008.jpg

still think land and liefled are worse than booth.

srankmissingnin
Land has done on vary rare occasion good work in spite of himself, usually when the panel is too small for him to trace. Brett Booth is always terrible, so is Liefeld, but slightly less.

Golgo13
Liefeld is much worse than Booth, IMO. And I don't like that artist who drew Nightwing and Great 10. I like Booth more.

srankmissingnin
Liefeld is much worse than Booth, IMO. And I don't like that artist who drew Nightwing and Great 10. I like Booth more.

You are a disgusting and depraved individual, but other than that you are all right. cool

Golgo13
big grin Who's the guy that drew NW? I can't stand his art.

srankmissingnin
Joe Bennett?

Golgo13
No, wasn't it Mcdaniel or something?

srankmissingnin
Oh, Scott McDaniel.

Golgo13
Yeah, what do you think of his art? At times I can stomach it, but overall I don't like it.

srankmissingnin
Yeah, what do you think of his art? At times I can stomach it, but overall I don't like it.

Its not my favourite but it has its merits. His style is frenetic and good at capture action and movement. I don't like how everyone looks the same more or less.

as long as we all agree bachalo is god, we're fine.

Golgo13
It seems the League of Assassins have received a huge upgrade. Powers and all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.