Hammer of the Gods (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Might be more interested in being violent and intense than actually good, but here you go...

Trailer:

MUrL7GcgHO0

Red Band Trailer:

HCH7U5qMBp8

...makes me long for Mel Gibson's take on the Vikings... *prays to the film gods*

jaden101
Looks very much in the same bleak looking violent period style as Solomon Kane, Centurion, Ironclad, The Eagle, Season of the Witch which were all pretty terrible. Seems this kind of thing works better as long running tv because, let's face it, none of them have worked half as well as Game of Thrones.

Kazenji
Disagree on Solomon Kane, I enjoyed that one more then Centurion but of course i like the supernatural action too.

quanchi112
Ill see it don't have high hopes though.

Newjak
Originally posted by jaden101
Looks very much in the same bleak looking violent period style as Solomon Kane, Centurion, Ironclad, The Eagle, Season of the Witch which were all pretty terrible. Seems this kind of thing works better as long running tv because, let's face it, none of them have worked half as well as Game of Thrones. I personally liked Centurion and even Ironclad had it's moments.

Season of the Witch wasn't fun but you'll have that.

Of course I also you have a pretty small list there of all the films that would meet that criteria like King Arthur(Clive Owens version), I almost think Braveheart basically meets that criteria as well. Kingdom of Heaven.

Patient_Leech
I thoroughly enjoyed Centurion. I've seen it twice, actually. That's a very solid adventure film.

jaden101
The violence is some of them was pretty amusing. Especially Ironclad and Centurion but all in I never thought any of them were any good. I don't think some of the battle epics fall into the same category. Things such as Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, Alexander etc had a different feel to them even if 2 of those weren't that great either.

Major_Lexington
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
...makes me long for Mel Gibson's take on the Vikings...

Was this in the works at one point? He would make an awesome movie on Vikings!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Major_Lexington
Was this in the works at one point? He would make an awesome movie on Vikings!

I don't know what it's current status is (it's not listed on IMDB, yet), but yeah: This Thread. Supposedly he was going to be teaming up again with the writer of Braveheart. Keep praying with me.. heh

Major_Lexington
Cool, yeah lets pray to the almighty Odin! Norse Mythology always interested me. Valhalla Rising was a pretty good an violent movie.

Kazenji
Just letting you peeps know

this film has already been released and going by IMDB its rubbish.

developeraaps
The Hammer of God is a science fiction novel by Arthur C. Clarke originally published in 1993. It deals with an asteroid named Kali headed toward Earth. Captain Robert Singh of the spacecraft Goliath is sent to deflect it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.