Dr. Strange vs. Alan Scott

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Sorcer Supreme vs. The Sentinel of Green Flame

FIGHT!!!

cdtm
Alan Scott's weakness is common knowledge?

Even if it isn't, the Starheart is usually limited against full mystics. He'll give Dr. Strange some trouble, until he breaks out the bigger spells.

JakeTheBank
Toward the end of his career, Alan seemed to be no selling that particular limitation. During the Brightest Day comics, Alan was moving trees near a breach. The larger portion of the Starheart Alan has, the less he's inhibited by that weakness.

abhilegend
Alan teaches the good doctor how to read the book.

quanchi112
Strange wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Strange wins.

Yeah, he's the Marvel character. stick out tongue

Reconsidering my original post, as Alan Scott has melted through magic shields and other magic before.. If he went all out, I think he could crush Stranges auto defenses and beat him.

I'll say Strange wins by 6-7.

JakeTheBank
Alan's more of a "physical" character than Strange is, so he's more inclined to use melee type attacks such as constructs instead of trading blasts. On the flips side, Strange is way more versatile on average and can achieve a greater array of effects than Alan can.

It's kind of a toss up for me. I could see Strange mucking with the Starheart about as easily I could see the Starheart making him spazz out.

beatboks
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Sorcer Supreme vs. The Sentinel of Green Flame

FIGHT!!!

Do you mean at sentinel level before absorbing the Full power of the starheart ( which is how I would read "Sentinel of Green Flame"wink or full starheart. There appears to be confusion based on the posts.

Also "current" Sorcerer Supreme or "classic" SS? Will make a difference to the outcome

since the mid 90's his only weakness is his own perception of himself, and it's actually NOT common knowledge. Alan's perceptions of himself determine his form since absorbing the starheart completely.

May want to tell that to Mordru who Alan as Sentinel " (Green Flame powered) defeated. This is the same Mordru who in a weakened state ( haveing JUST escaped from the Rock of Eternity) defeated an AMPED Shazam who had spent days building his power ready to fight Spectre in DOV in his own place of power. The same Mordru who defeated Nabu a few times. The same Mordru who destroyed many Lords of Order and Chaos and absorbed their powers BEFORE Alan's first battle with him.

Considering that after the battle with Mordru that Shazam having lost all the amped power he'd built with prep over days STILL gave the Spectre a good fight before loosing, and that Nabu also gave Spectre a Great fight in that ark those are quite a statement.

You may also like to tell that to Neron who Alan fought once as well in the Sentinel days, not to mention the fact that at the end of pre Flashpoint he was dictating terms to the fairy dimension, sorcerers world and many other places of immense magical power and they willingly followed ( that was however full starheart Alan)

that's "full starheart" Alan OP says "green Flame" Alan. small but distinct difference. When the Guardians gathered magic and fused it in the heart of a star, the good magic knew that the evil would one day escape. It broke itself free and fell to earth as a meteor that was eventually forged into Alan Scots lantern. As this good magic got it's power from life it couldn't harm life or the "green" hence the wood weakness. When he absorbed the rest of the starheart to contain it he gains his power from both light and dark magic so no such limitation.

Digi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Alan's more of a "physical" character than Strange is, so he's more inclined to use melee type attacks such as constructs instead of trading blasts. On the flips side, Strange is way more versatile on average and can achieve a greater array of effects than Alan can.

It's kind of a toss up for me. I could see Strange mucking with the Starheart about as easily I could see the Starheart making him spazz out.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, he's the Marvel character. stick out tongue

Reconsidering my original post, as Alan Scott has melted through magic shields and other magic before.. If he went all out, I think he could crush Stranges auto defenses and beat him.

I'll say Strange wins by 6-7. So long story short you agree Strange wins.

Sixth_Winged
I meant classic dr. strange vs. full star heart powered alan

Sorry for the confusion

yaadaveyaa
if were going classic strange i def see him winning from the little ive read with alan he isnt stopping ANY offense strange has 8/10 for strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.